PDA

View Full Version : New G752VT Laptop runs slow?

Gamer2k1
12-07-2015, 06:09 PM
Greetings all.

G752VT-RH11

I just purchased my first Gaming Laptop. I did have a few questions though.

1.) Noticed it runs pretty slow haven't installed much outside of two programs and whatever comes default.

2.) Can this Laptop handle / run ie Warlords Of Dreanor / upcoming WoW expansion and possibly other games?

3. Also what type of upgrades can I do on it?

Thanks... Gamerk21

toronto699
12-07-2015, 07:01 PM
The G752 should handle any game for a long time . upgrades try this tool . buy the ram with the same specs u have now , just larger GB
http://www.crucial.com/

Gamer2k1
12-07-2015, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the response on the upgrades, I took a look at that, guess I should have said I noticed when I looked at inside the panel, there are 2 hdd slots, and looked like 2 ram slots unless I'm mistaken, the other thing is if I replaced one of the HDD's I do lose the recovery partition?

navis995
12-07-2015, 10:07 PM
Why do you go and buy such an expensive laptop if you do not know what it is capable off?
I don't get you people sometimes.
You just go in life and spend 2000€ on something and you don't even know what it is capable of?

blastashes
12-07-2015, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the response on the upgrades, I took a look at that, guess I should have said I noticed when I looked at inside the panel, there are 2 hdd slots, and looked like 2 ram slots unless I'm mistaken, the other thing is if I replaced one of the HDD's I do lose the recovery partition?

You can upgrade the ssd on it if you felt you wanted a faster samsung 950 pro in it, although i've heard some people have bios issues and its tough to make it all work properly.
But you'd have to install windows on that, i dont know how recovery/install works with windows 10 yet since i haven't tried it.

you could also upgrade the ram and sell the current ones in it if you felt that was necessary.

I dont know about world of warcraft. But if this example helps you, I was getting anywhere from 200-300 FPS while playing league of legends on 1920x1080 max detail when I turned of V-Sync and uncapped the framerate.
It caused fps skip/lag because the laptop is not meant to be displaying fps at that rate or something. idk. so i locked the framerate to 60 and turned on v sync, and now it sits at 75 fps permanently
and i experience 0 lag whatsoever, other than the occasional ping spike because i dont have the greatest internet to play high detailed games on, since it requires high data transfer rates.

I know world of warcraft is a chunky ass file system/game though, so I would absolutely imagine that you'd want the entire thing installed onto a solid state drive.
which if you got the 128gb ssd with your purchase you'd probably be unable to install it on there with other programs and windows 10. So you may want a larger ssd installed or somethin.

Hope i was able to help

Gamer2k1
12-07-2015, 11:47 PM
You can upgrade the ssd on it if you felt you wanted a faster samsung 950 pro in it, although i've heard some people have bios issues and its tough to make it all work properly.
But you'd have to install windows on that, i dont know how recovery/install works with windows 10 yet since i haven't tried it.

you could also upgrade the ram and sell the current ones in it if you felt that was necessary.

I dont know about world of warcraft. But if this example helps you, I was getting anywhere from 200-300 FPS while playing league of legends on 1920x1080 max detail when I turned of V-Sync and uncapped the framerate.
It caused fps skip/lag because the laptop is not meant to be displaying fps at that rate or something. idk. so i locked the framerate to 60 and turned on v sync, and now it sits at 75 fps permanently
and i experience 0 lag whatsoever, other than the occasional ping spike because i dont have the greatest internet to play high detailed games on, since it requires high data transfer rates.

I know world of warcraft is a chunky ass file system/game though, so I would absolutely imagine that you'd want the entire thing installed onto a solid state drive.
which if you got the 128gb ssd with your purchase you'd probably be unable to install it on there with other programs and windows 10. So you may want a larger ssd installed or somethin.

Hope i was able to help

Thanks for your response its a great help. The recovery I was talking about was the one from Asus to restore everything to factory default, not the Windows 10 one that's included. I'll hold off on the Ram as its currently running 16gb which to me seems pretty till I need the upgrade to 32GB or 64GB. The 1TB that's included looks to me like a 2.5" I didn't take the HDD out but did look in the access panel area.

blastashes
12-08-2015, 01:14 AM
another thing you should do is open up the nvidia control panel or the geforce experience and scan for world of warcraft, or another game that you are playing, and see if it automatically recognizes it.
then optimize through the geforce experience thing to make the game settings optimal to the computer/gpu.

also beware of downscaling. I never really liked fullscreening things, so on my first attempt at playing league in windowed mode with a lower res than 1920x1080
it lowered my fps to 18-30. Which i guess is because the gpu or cpu has to bottleneck to play at that lower quality or something idk.

Julskey
12-21-2015, 12:24 PM
What do you mean it runs so slow? Slow booting, loading games, or slow performing in games or programs? SSD will improve boot time and loading of games and programs dramatically. My G752VT-RH71 has only 1 slot for hdd and 2 slots for m.2 ssd. I just replaced my hdd with Samsung 850 evo sata3 ssd and removed my lone hdd and put it in an external hdd case. Migrated hdd to ssd using Samsung magician. You can also use other cloning tools to back up an image of your hdd. M.2 ssd's are too expensive for now.