PDA

View Full Version : Drivers Galore, which to use for Windows 10 on my G752?

Tidbits
12-09-2015, 07:20 AM
Well I had a problem with Windows 10 on my G752. I know it's a Windows thing and I just decided to revert back to base. Now when looking I see various drivers from different brands like Wifi for example which ones are the correct ones? Do I install all 3? Does the drivers also include the software like Splendid, Game Center, Xsplit, and such? Anyone have a list of which are the most important and actually used from factory?

Clintlgm
12-09-2015, 02:24 PM
Yes you can find them here Asus Support Downloads (http://support.asus.com/download/options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1). Were finding that you will need to download the drivers that you want to install. Then unplug from the internet and install while disconnect. This is to prevent Windows from installing There own default drivers.

Tidbits
12-09-2015, 08:28 PM
I am aware of where they are, but some things like Bluetooth, Wifi and such have multiple drivers from various manufacturers. So the question is which ones are the correct ones?

WineLackey
12-09-2015, 08:38 PM
I am aware of where they are, but some things like Bluetooth, Wifi and such have multiple drivers from various manufacturers. So the question is which ones are the correct ones?
If you go into Device Manger you can see what hardware is installed, and that will tell you which drivers to download.

Tidbits
12-09-2015, 08:40 PM
I am aware I could do that, but why have irrelevant drivers on their support page, and do these drivers also include things like Splendid, Xsplit, Sonic Studio, and such.

Clintlgm
12-09-2015, 08:43 PM
If there not in device manager with out a driver you might try hwinfo64 (http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php) that will show you all your hardware and version and serial numbers among lots more information like CPU GPU load, temps and Fan speeds.

Clintlgm
12-09-2015, 08:48 PM
Yes the do, and they have version for different hardware since these notebooks are built with best deal at the time hardware. that's why. Also you will see that there are multiple versions of the drivers with 2 or 3 versions back. this give you the option of backing up to an earlier version of a particular earlier driver version. some notebook will also have multiple windows versions such as 8.1 and 10

Install the ones you want. ATK is important IRST IME Chipset Audio Video Trackpad are all important. Or if your happy with what MS Windows gave you as default and everything is working good and your happy don't bother.

Tidbits
12-09-2015, 09:29 PM
I am aware of those, but Asus could make it simpler than having the way they have it now. Even if they are using different parts for the same model. I downloaded all the drivers already, but imagine if someone resets without doing this legwork. You know how much of a pain that'll be for them?

Edit: Speak of the devil I didn't notice this thread. :)

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81016-G752VT-Driver-request-Splendid-Utility-and-Realtek-Audio-with-Sonic-Studio

Clintlgm
12-09-2015, 10:02 PM
Yes your dealing with leading edge Gaming notebooks, you should already know to have all your ducks in a row before doing anything major with it. Like creating a good image of what you have just incase of failure you can get right back to where you started from. Having the correct divers on hand only seems to make sense to me. Having all your data backed up.

Tidbits
12-09-2015, 10:16 PM
I have all of that, but I expected a backup partition like more computers do to go back to factory. One didn't exist and I prepared one, but I didn't notice the problem I had above and when I used it. It didn't matter. So I need to restore back to basics, and install everything all over again to make a new one with everything working :) It happens, and of course I have all my data and important stuff backed up.