PDA

View Full Version : G750 Windows recovery problem

microgamerz
12-09-2015, 05:10 PM
Hi guys

I have an asus g750jw notebook that wont continue to windows becuase of missing or corrupted bootfiles, tried searching solution here and in google to solve my problem with EFI/BCD issue with an error 0x0000000f. This was after using my recovery usb (asus backtracker). I dont know if i have a bad hdd or my recovery usb is bad. I once used my recovery usb with no problems so i am now thinking about the hardware.

I decided to do a clean recovery due to slow boot time to windows and slow windows performance at startup, if this helps.

Could you guys shed some light in my problem.

P.S. i already tried fixing my boot files and rebuild bcd, unfortnately no luck, rebuild bcd fails even it found my windows installation.

Thank you for the support.

redduc900
12-09-2015, 06:49 PM
As long as the default partitions are intact, you should be able to perform a system recovery via the F9 Options menu (this instead of using Backtracker to re-partition the drives back to their factory state). In the Options menu, select Troubleshoot--> Reset your PC--> Only the drive where Windows is installed--> Just remove my files.

microgamerz
12-09-2015, 11:13 PM
As long as the default partitions are intact, you should be able to perform a system recovery via the F9 Options menu (this instead of using Backtracker to re-partition the drives back to their factory state). In the Options menu, select Troubleshoot--> Reset your PC--> Only the drive where Windows is installed--> Just remove my files.

Thank you but i already tried pressing F9 but it wont do anything, i havent done anything on the partitions so i think they are intact but still i cant access the recovery partition