PDA

View Full Version : G750JZ CPU Fan & Temp Change

DuffmasterFresh
12-10-2015, 08:26 PM
Generally, the fan curve of the G750's is very aggressive. My CPU fan goes on and off constantly and it's insanely annoying. I tried all the settings tweaks proposed by this forum, including using the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility. It helped, but not much. My G750JZ likes to keep the CPU temp around 40C, so it turns the fan on and off constantly to do this.

But something happened last night. I have no idea what it is or why... but right now my CPU fan doesn't turn on unless the temp hits 60C. It's wonderful and magical to listen to a completely quiet computer. But, I know that ASUS would never grant us this fix, so that means something must be wrong.

The only thing I did last night was update my Windows 10. The Windows update cycle was stuck, causing my CPU fan to be on max constantly. After rapidly restarting several times, I was able to get the updates to reset and work again and install. While the CPU fan was on MAX, I had no idea why, so I used Notebook Fan control to bring it back down. Once the updates finished, I no longer used NoteBook Fan control because the CPU fan was no longer on max.

That's all that happened. So... does anyone have any idea what's going on? Do I have a faulty Intel ETU program that is giving me wrong temps? Is my GPU Tweak bad? Did the update screw something up? OH, ONE MORE THING, My GPU fan makes a horrible knocking noise when turning on and off. But once on, it's fine.

smilin
12-10-2015, 11:28 PM
I have similar issue after recent update, however in my case GPU fan speed is not even displayed( no numbers). My laptop is g550jk though. And my fan doesnt turn on even after 80C temperature

DuffmasterFresh
12-10-2015, 11:51 PM
MY GPU Fan doesn't go on much anymore. My laptop has been going into sleep mode during games and I found out why: The GPU fan isn't always on. I had no idea this was happening and I have no idea why it is happening so I have to use NoteBook Fan Control to get the GPU fan to stay on.

The CPU fan is working wonderfully, though. It isn't on often, which is very nice. It shouldn't be going on and off all the time during light web browsing.