PDA

View Full Version : G752 HDD upgrade questions about voiding warranty and more

syedsyazani
12-11-2015, 02:30 AM
Hello Guys! My first post!

My questions Are : Would upgrading my g752 hdd/pciessd void my warranty?
Would swapping the optical bay out for the new hdd void my warranty? If not what hdd adapter for the optical bay would fit/blend/compatible with the g752?

I'm aiming for a 2-3Tb HDD or 250gb nvme ssd. Since after downloading my games in left with 150Gb storage. The biggest game was Aion online that took 212Gb wth.

Thanks!

Tidbits
12-11-2015, 02:47 AM
As long as it's anything under the flap it will not void the warranty. Anything where you have to disassemble it will.

syedsyazani
12-11-2015, 09:00 AM
As long as it's anything under the flap it will not void the warranty. Anything where you have to disassemble it will.

Thanks for the reply dude! Know anything about swapping the optical drive?

Tidbits
12-11-2015, 09:06 AM
The only thing I remember there is one screw that holds it in, and not sure if you have to take the laptop apart to do it. There may be a writeup somewhere.

syedsyazani
12-11-2015, 11:18 AM
The only thing I remember there is one screw that holds it in, and not sure if you have to take the laptop apart to do it. There may be a writeup somewhere.

I see. Anyway last Q. When I download my games. Usually multiple large games(20-50gb) at a time, my laptop will slow down while trying to do simple tasks. When I checked the task manager, disk usage fluctuate to 100%. Is this normal?

Tidbits
12-11-2015, 11:33 AM
THat could be your internet speeds more than the laptop itself. I have had no trouble downloading and doing tasks of any kind when I am downloading my game.

Short list of games I have

SWOTR
All recent blizzard games
GW2
Wild Star
Blade and Soul
Rainbow 6 (various ones)

or it may simply be your HDD might be faulty in worse case scenario.

syedsyazani
12-11-2015, 12:17 PM
How would I know it's faulty ? Use a software to check?

I have a 1gb connection. Hard wired my laptop with cat5e.