PDA

View Full Version : G751 keyboard backlight not turning on in Windows 10

arthurH
12-13-2015, 10:15 PM
I cannot get the backlight to come on. I have windows 10 installed and the latest ATK package (tried installing the atk twice). Neither
fn 3 nor fn 4 seem to do anything at all.

Gps3dx
12-13-2015, 10:22 PM
Hello and welcome to this subforum.
Please note that there is a search feature embedded in the sub-forum so you can perform a direct search for anything under this sub-forum.

About this specific Issue - Please take a look at this following search results:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/search.php?searchid=6043930

In the future, Please use the search feature, to look for similar threads, before opening one without any justification.
that way, we, as community, will be able to concentrate information about certain subject in ONE thread ( instead of scattered array of threads )

Thank you for your cooperation.

arthurH
12-16-2015, 04:37 AM
Not sure what you are going on about with the search thing. The link you provided is completely blank.

Gps3dx
12-16-2015, 02:21 PM
Not sure what you are going on about with the search thing. The link you provided is completely blank.
My bad - didn't know the forum wipe search cache that fast....
search in our sub-forum for "keyboard backlight" - you'll find MANY similar threads about this issue.
No need to open new one - why? - please let me explain again:
That way, we, as community, will be able to concentrate information about certain subject in ONE thread ( instead of scattered array of threads )

arthurH
12-27-2015, 01:08 AM
The post you refer to has a bunch of regkey hacks and console commands and crap. I want a user-oriented solution to the simple problem of the backlight not coming on.

This is a problem many people are reporting, and we need an easy solution.

Gps3dx
12-27-2015, 11:45 AM
The post you refer to has a bunch of regkey hacks and console commands and crap. I want a user-oriented solution to the simple problem of the backlight not coming on.

This is a problem many people are reporting, and we need an easy solution.
Please... Fill free to contact asus...
Don't blame me if eventually you'll hit your head against the wall - literally.

if you came to this sub-forum with "free-eater" sprite - Please press the red button at the corner of your web browser - this will solve all your problems right away.

Here in this forum, each of us give his own knowledge FOR FREE, out of his/her OWN TIME.
if you're frustrated becuase of ASUS mistake - DO NOT TAKE THIS ON US, IN THIS FORUM !
You can share your frustration and ask for help - BUT DO NOT COMPLAIN WHEN WE HELP YOU - CUZ WE OWE YOU NOTHING !

now... since i'm a forgiving person, I'll ignore your immature audacity to write such a reply.