PDA

View Full Version : G751JT-DB73 No Gsync after updating Nvidia drivers.

91240xs
12-15-2015, 10:48 PM
So, when I first got the laptop, SUPER happy with it! Asus did a nice job on design, temps, perf, just about everything. Then I noticed my "W" key is sticking...then my "E" key is sticking...then I tried updating my graphics drivers to the latest and greatest for BF. Bad idea. G-Sync went kaput. I didn't actually notice for a little bit, higher performance in games with the latest Nvidia release, in RS:Siege I was honestly getting playable frames at 75hz and mostly High settings. Woohoo! But, tearing. Well, I tried the latest BIOS as I noticed even though GSYNC was listed, it wasn't showing up under the VSYNC options like it did with the stock drivers. So it was lying to me. BIOS update didn't work, reinstall with DDU didn't work. I am now back on the 5/2015 drivers and getting awful performance in RS:Siege. To the point that I'm running it on almost all medium settings with FXAA and Temporal which I hate! And it's STILL laggy, feels like VSYNC is on, massive input lag.

My question after the rant: Has anyone successfully updated to the newest Nvidia laptop drivers and still maintained GSYNC capability with a G751JT? I have a horrible feeling I'm installing out of order or something. Or...Asus just doesn't have their crap in line.

91240xs
12-16-2015, 01:36 AM
Yeah, it was partially order of operations, and partially the fact that Nvidia changed their layout in the control panel. Under Vsync, you no longer choose "Gsync", you just choose use the 3d application settings or off or on. Under Monitor Technology, choose G-Sync. There is a dedicated "Setup up G-SYNC" link now, instead of being under "Setup up multiple displays". I wasn't sure if those were working. From the pendulum testing I've done, it appears they are.

Not to mention, BATTERY BOOST is enabled by default after each restart, which I know about, and why I don't install GFE. But I had, and it was. It sets everything to 30 fps max, really frustrating if you don't remember to disable it.

Get it together Nvidia, and I will try as well.

91240xs
12-16-2015, 02:28 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANd. Nevermind. Gsync still broken.

For the gamers by the gamers. Yeah. Right.

Thanks a lot Nvidia and Asus.

91240xs
12-17-2015, 01:43 AM
What an active forum...

LeonardoB
12-26-2015, 12:06 AM
I dont know if it will help, but other post says to reset your bios to default may help.

Clintlgm
12-26-2015, 03:15 PM
See this thread its a sticky at the top of these forums http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?78698-G752-with-no-G-Sync-solved