PDA

View Full Version : I cant use my G750JX laptop anymore! Shuts down suddenly after half an hour.

minaabdelmassih
12-17-2015, 08:54 AM
Hey everyone,

my G750JX is now 2 and a half years old. I've only used the battery a few times. I use it on my desk with the power cable plugged in. Since 2 months or so my temperatures are getting very high at 95 average (only the CPU though). If I am gaming for half an hour my laptop suddenly shuts down everything without a warning. What I've noticed is that if I move my cable just a little bit it shuts down even in Idle mode. When I plug in the battery so it cant shut down it shuts down even earlier. So when the laptop shuts down it's either the cable or the temperatures. I plan to disassemble my laptop during christmas holidays, clean the fans and repaste everything. However, I have no experience with it. Do you think this will help so I can plug in the battery without it shuts down and prevent me from buying a new cable for nearly 200 .

Thanks in advance :)

navis995
12-17-2015, 05:45 PM
It's probably temperature since when plugged in your temperatures are higher.

ROG_Obs
12-30-2015, 04:17 AM
I've seen this problem on a non-ROG laptop. It might be temperature.

From your symptoms though, I think it is 2 things: battery failure + damaged power cord. Your laptop is running off of the wall power all the time since your battery has degraded, and moving the cable kills the power. An alternative to your cable being damaged is there is something wrong with the circuit that receives the power cable, like the housing is loose or something.