PDA

View Full Version : G752VT Integrated Graphics Card Missing?

Alex Pleshu
12-21-2015, 11:19 PM
Hi guys

I have a problem with the Intel HD 530 integrated graphics card. In the Device Manage-Display Adapters the card is missing, and if i try to install the driver from the intel website it says that "the computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this software".
Anybody else has this problem?

badhand386
12-21-2015, 11:33 PM
Intel graphics are disabled by the manufacturer. Nvidia is the only option, manufacturers intended design.

Alex Pleshu
12-21-2015, 11:42 PM
thanks for the reply, i was thinking one more problem to the ever growing list of problems with this laptop

Corporal
12-21-2015, 11:46 PM
ever growing list of problems with this laptop
Tried the left USB 3.0 ports yet? ;)

Julskey
12-22-2015, 09:46 AM
Alex, small world.

Alex Pleshu
12-22-2015, 06:24 PM
Tried the left USB 3.0 ports yet? ;)

i know this problem from my old G74sx, i wouldnt have it any other way :))

Hambone07
12-22-2015, 11:13 PM
i know this problem from my old G74sx, i wouldnt have it any other way :))

What is wrong with the left USB ports? I have no issues at all with those. I use them all the time lol.

Only issue I have right now is the NVMe drives not working correctly because our BUNK bios is locked in RAID mode.

Other than that, I'm loving this laptop as of right now. I have the G752VT-RH71 with the Gtx970m. Just so you guys are aware, I have a custom modded bios for this gpu that is SWEET!! It unlocks the cards limits of 135mhz core and +25mv.

New vBios 970m Limits
Core slider +810mhz ability
Mem slider +2505mhz ability.. Same as stock vBios
Voltage slider +212.5mv now instead of +25mv stock

With new vBios I flashed too, so far I have gone up to
1275mhz Core ( +237mhz )
6005mhz Memory ( +500mhz )
Voltage needed is +50mv over stock.

This is the vBios everyone has been waiting for!! I have it if you are interested. Send me PM

Alex Pleshu
12-23-2015, 11:44 AM
when i bought it i had a few disconnects from the ports but now they seem to be working ok
also first 2 days sometimes, if i had a hdmi connected when i booted my screen would stay black and i had to boot a few times to make it work again, but this problem dissapeared also

i am satisfied with the laptop with the exception of the ssd issue

Zenthusiast
04-26-2016, 03:15 PM
Intel graphics are disabled by the manufacturer. Nvidia is the only option, manufacturers intended design.

I know that this is an old answer, but, is there any way to Re-Enable the Intel HD Graphics at all? Is there any workaround, or, did ASUS somehow rip it out from its foundation when they put the 6700HQ Processor in the G752VT?

kidfromhell
04-28-2016, 03:16 AM
I know that this is an old answer, but, is there any way to Re-Enable the Intel HD Graphics at all? Is there any workaround, or, did ASUS somehow rip it out from its foundation when they put the 6700HQ Processor in the G752VT?

I guess (and this is a very BIG guess) that they disabled it in BIOS, and removed the option from BIOS so that you can't see it or re-enable it.

This could be simple for ASUS and cost effective. Considering the ROG series are the only ones with barebone and has a lame BIOS implementation, considering they're gaming laptops that run up to $3500.

So pretty much you pay top-dollar for a notebook with a BIOS that allows you to change boot option and disable secure boot. I have been using G750JX, G751JY and now G752VY and that's the only thing you want to change in the BIOS. There's pretty much nothing else.

JustinThyme
04-29-2016, 09:42 PM
No, cant be enabled. This only reason they every existed in the first place is avoid using the more power hungry Nvidia graphics and save battery run time. With top level machines it doesn't really make any difference and has been this way for a couple of generations now, before the sky lake. How they went about disabling is an open question. Could be by BIOS or could be by simply not having anything connected to the CPU pins on the MOBO, they certainly didnt make a custom CPU just for ASUS higher end G series. I dont think its about cost as much as it is simplicity and saving tech support tickets from people ranting about how their Nvidia graphics are not working when they have the on board one enabled instead.