PDA

View Full Version : G751JY-T7132H Should I repaste? Question about this matter.

TheKnight
12-29-2015, 01:23 PM
So, I've heard a lot of people complaining about ASUS' paste job on their laptops and also the quality of the paste they use. They said that after they repasted using a better paste manufacturer there have been a lot of performance improvements and major drops on temps. My questions are; can I take my laptop to a local PC service store to get it repasted with the paste of my choice? Will it void my warranty? If it is possible, which paste brand to you recommend me using and how much will it cost ( I know that price is different from one store to another so I'm not asking for a precise price, just roughly a number). My temps are while idle or browsing the internet ; CPU 44-48 C GPU 41-45 C , while gaming ; CPU 60-75 C GPU 60-75 C (depending on the game). Thanks in advance!

Clintlgm
12-30-2015, 12:03 AM
Your temps sound just fine I wouldn't be concern at this point

Dreamonic
12-30-2015, 02:15 AM
So, I've heard a lot of people complaining about ASUS' paste job on their laptops and also the quality of the paste they use. They said that after they repasted using a better paste manufacturer there have been a lot of performance improvements and major drops on temps. My questions are; can I take my laptop to a local PC service store to get it repasted with the paste of my choice? Will it void my warranty? If it is possible, which paste brand to you recommend me using and how much will it cost ( I know that price is different from one store to another so I'm not asking for a precise price, just roughly a number). My temps are while idle or browsing the internet ; CPU 44-48 C GPU 41-45 C , while gaming ; CPU 60-75 C GPU 60-75 C (depending on the game). Thanks in advance!

If the factory thermal paste wasn't so poorly applied, then the benefits of repasting wouldn't be as evident. The amount of paste used and not used is the discerning factor on how well your load temps will be and differ from that of another systems.

Yes, you can take it to a local PC service shop for a repaste with the TIM of your choice, although I highly recommend saving your money and doing it yourself if you feel you can; Not a matter of think you can, but know you can.

AFAIK about the warranty... if it's not through an ASUS reseller for the repair, then you may not likely be covered. This is kind of a grey area though as it's up to the discretion of ASUS regardless whether or not you did your due diligence or decided against it, it is ultimately up to them to accept or deny any warranty related work should they see any previous history work done to it. Warranty isn't exactly my strong point but that's what I've gathered, so take it as you want.

Thermal paste can be a very debated topic alone and isn't something worth getting into since everyone has their own preferences and strong opinions about them. Commonly used is: MX-2 or 4, AS5, ICD, Gelid GCX and a few others. I don't recommend you use something like Liquid Ultra unless you know and understand how to apply it. The price range you asked for regarding good brand name thermal paste will vary from $8-15 for 2g-10g and nearly $20-40 for 12-20g.

Exactly as Clintlgm said, your temps are fine and nothing to be concerned about but if you're hoping for better temps with a repaste, you may be disappointed since it looks like what you have right now, is showing that it was properly applied; Ambient temps also play a role in higher idle and load temps as well.

TheKnight
12-30-2015, 10:48 AM
Hi. Thanks for replying. So, first of all I absolutely cannot do it alone as I am a giant noob when it comes to that business. If I understood correctly, you said that even if I repaste with one of those pastes you recommended I won't see a difference because mine is properly applied. Well, if that's the case then there is no need to throw any money or even worse damage my Laptop and maybe having my warranty voided. Thank you. Cheers! :)

vanya
05-06-2017, 11:46 PM
Hello !

I'm replying to this topic cause I have the same PC (Asus G751JY-T7032H) and while playing CPU-demanding games (like DayZ/PU Battleground) with XTU overclock (3.6 GHz) and undervolt (-0.05m) I got some really bad temps : (average 83 for GPU / 92 for CPU)

I saw a video like this one [LINK] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBNP5I2y668) and I'm questionning me if I should do it to improve my OC experience. Or maybe, could you advise me in overclocking ?

Here are my in-game Afterburner + XTU Profiles :

Afterburner :
Core/Memory
+95/+280

XTU :
Core Voltage Offset/Max Turbo OC
-0.050V3.6 GHz

Thanks for helping ! :o