PDA

View Full Version : Where in GL552VW BIOS is "Boot Order" change?

ROGKenny
12-29-2015, 03:22 PM
I can't seem to find in the BIOS where to set the boot priority.

My only selection available is booting to WBM only.....what if I wanted to boot from CD ROM first, then the hard disk?

Thanks

Gps3dx
12-29-2015, 03:33 PM
Hello there new ROG citizen,
The ROG population is known to be non-telepathic in their current life time.
It is highly advisable to tell other your ROG laptop model or any other tech details so they will have a slight chance to help other, based on that info.

Also, it is highly advisable to read the ROG's citezen guide to the ASUS galaxy, a real life-saving book:

THE M.A.N.U.A.L.
In the M.A.N.U.A.L. ,Page 79 (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/G751JY/0409_E9959_A.pdf), you'll find shockingly helpful information that will aid you a life-time.
We presume here that your Private "PipBoy" is currently updated to HW version G751 release JT.
Nontheless, We @Vault-Tec have design the PipBoy to be as universal and familiar as possible between the models... so what might be true for HW version G751 release JT, is 97.34522232% true for the prior & latest PipBoy Models. ( Credits for percentage calculation: Mr. Gutsy)

Please note that even an older version of your PipBoy might hold in its archive answers to similar question that you might arise.
We @Vault-Tec, wish to remind you that no matter which PipBoy version you hold, the minute you have entered ROG country, you're able to SEARCH FOR ANYTHING using your own private PipBoy.... and it is really simple !
Just look at the right upper corner of your PipBoy, then enter your query in the "Search" field, Hit enter and viola!
Just for example, when we @Vault-Tec, searched for "boot selection" we found not such an old article that might be of use for you.... LOOK HERE (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?10016-Help-Booting-from-cd-with-Asus-g73jh)

As always, feel free to visit us at the ROG central forum for any future question.
signing out,
VaultTec.

Clintlgm
12-29-2015, 03:40 PM
Well most of the G series notebooks, if you hit the Esc key on booting up will give you a boot menu and you can select DVD or UEFI DVD etc.
BIOS/UEFI should have a tab for hard Drives or Boot Devices. Something like that.

ROGKenny
12-29-2015, 03:48 PM
I will try the ESC key and see if I get a Boot option.

So on page 79 of the manual, I was expecting that when I select "Boot Option #1" under the Boot Option Priorities section, I was expecting to see a list of the CDROM drive.

I take it then that I have to select the "Add New Boot Option"?

I have the GL552VW-DH71 by the way.