PDA

View Full Version : G751JY fan control and heating issues

kmansp
12-29-2015, 03:25 PM
I've already read similar threads on both of my issues, but I haven't been able to resolve it yet. So here goes....

I've been having issues with my fan not kicking in when they should, so I tried Notebook fan control software. Unfortunately, no matter what profile I pick and putting the fans on manual (like 100%), nothing happens. The temperature on the NBFC program shows temperature for CPU at -2147483648 C when I press enable. If it's disabled it just sits at 0C. Everyone else seems to be posting screen shots of their proper temps. What am I doing wrong? It's really frustrating!

My G751JY tends to get up to 95 degrees quite often during gaming and the cpu was enabling the thermal throttling. Yesterday, the fan kicked in to high gear for the first time in a long time, and temps dropped down to 70C. I would like to be able to enable the fans on my own but can't figure out the Fan control software.

Thanks!

Clintlgm
12-29-2015, 03:36 PM
Either your fans or Motherboard are defective if your fans are not working as they should be. There are no fan control software approved by Asus. That said there is a fan control program some have used you'll have to search up the threads on it. I haven't bookmarked them as I think there risky IMHO.

kmansp
12-29-2015, 04:11 PM
As I said, I've already tried NBFC software. The problem is, it's not listing the temperature correctly, and the software doesn't work.

I know the fan works, as it worked yesterday, but it doesn't always kick in when it needs to. I think it only kicked in yesterday at full speed once the temp hit 95/96c.

kmansp
12-29-2015, 05:07 PM
update:

Ok, I got NBFC working correctly. All I had to do was restart the computer and it displayed the proper temp and was working. Unfortunately, I guess that wasn't the problem: I have fans at full speed, but yesterday I could swear the fans came on a lot stronger. They were loud. Not only that, but temperatures stayed between 60 and 70c while gaming. Now, temps are hitting 95c even with cpu and gpu fan at 100%.

Is there a hidden fan setting that engages when the cpu reaches a certain temperature? Right now I have NBFC at full speed and I can tell its working- I hear it. But it's not nearly as loud or at the speed it was going yesterday and its not enough to keep temps down in games like Assassins creed Syndicate or Attila:TW. Once the temp hits 95c, I get thermal throttling.

ctc91
12-29-2015, 05:10 PM
I have a thread on overheating for g551jm and i think it covers the g751 too. Cooling is done poorly because asus didn't leave enough space for the coolers to draw air. Drill some holes in the backplate if you don't mind voiding the wareanty. Do a good repaste job using something like arctic mx4 and a credit/discount card.

kmansp
12-29-2015, 08:25 PM
Interesting. I've also read that taking out the blu ray player- which I hardly use- might help get air flow in?

Also, according to HWMonitor, my fans running at 3300 RPM, but max says it can go up to 4200 rpm. Is there a way to push it up to that? With NBFC, 100% keeps it at 3300 rpm.

ctc91
12-29-2015, 11:38 PM
It might in theory, maybe someone else could confirm. Personally i have inserted a caddy and have the 1TB hdd while the ssd stays in the laptop's bay.

If you search for pics or open the laptop yourself i think it has some tiny tiny holes under the keyboard which are not sufficient for a 3300rpm vent.

This guy http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?87185-Dreamonic has some guides on modding the laptop for much better cooling. and this is the link he posted in my thread for inspiration. You could contact him for more details. Cheers ! - https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?78745-Another-Laptop-Intake-Mod-for-G751JY

kmansp
01-01-2016, 02:26 PM
Thanks! This is very informative

ctc91
01-01-2016, 10:25 PM
Thanks! This is very informative

You are welcome !