PDA

View Full Version : Samsung 950 M.2 with G752VT magician not working

drummerdimitri
12-30-2015, 12:22 AM
My drive works perfectly but for some reason the samsung magician software is not recognizing the ssd and I cannot install the samsung NVMe driver.

I've updated all drivers using driver genius but for some reason I get this issue.

Any ideas?

Clintlgm
12-30-2015, 03:00 AM
See this thread http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81512-G752VY-Samsung-950-PRO-SSD-NVMe-Working-Here-s-How-I-Did-It

Samsung Magician doesn't always work Macrium Reflect always does here's a link to a video on how its done with MR The video is just for MR you need to insure you have the correct NVMe SSD to start with the thread I link you to is a success story and very good explanation of how it was accomplished.

drummerdimitri
12-30-2015, 09:19 AM
Thanks but I've used this thread for my installation of windows and the pc works perfectly but that's not my issue.

I just wanted the samsung magician software to work with my new M.2 ssd and that guide mentions nothing about that.

Gps3dx
12-30-2015, 03:08 PM
My drive works perfectly but for some reason the samsung magician software is not recognizing the ssd and I cannot install the samsung NVMe driver.

I've updated all drivers using driver genius but for some reason I get this issue.

Any ideas?
silly to ask...but:
1. have you installed the latest version from samsung's site ?
2. have you googled that issue - because it might not be rog laptop dependant - check to see if ppl with other PCs reporting the same issue...

Plus, you should know that samsung released drivers v4.8 about 1-2 months ago, which are the 1st official driver to support win10.
also, NVMe is very new tech relative to AHCI... so knowledge is scarce - again, relative.