PDA

View Full Version : G750JX RAM Upgrade Issue

Aglicus
12-30-2015, 03:30 PM
Hello,

I recently bought 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz 1.35 V RAM For my g750JX. The only RAM module available at the time of the installation in the laptop was a single 8GB Samsung stick with the same apecs a s the vengeance. So upon starting my pc after the installation of the RAM I opened CPU-Z and notives that my RAM was detected correctly but was now clocked at 1333mhz. How can I change the frequency with his joke of a BIOS that laptop users are given.

Up till now I've tried to:
-Reset the BIOS settings, hopefully returning the old frequency(Didn't work)
-Update the BIOS in hope to find some new options or return the old settngs(DIdn't work)

I have no other ideas on how to help it so if anybody has any ideas on how to fix it I'd be grateful if he/she shares them with me Thx in advance

redduc900
01-01-2016, 05:26 PM
There are no BIOS options available for manually changing the DRAM frequency or timings. As long as all 3 modules are rated for DDR3-1600, then the BIOS will default the DRAM frequency to that speed. If one or more of the modules is rated for DDR3-1333, then all 3 modules will default to the slower speed. Open 3 instances of CPU-Z (open to the SPD tab), and w/ each of the memory slots selected post pic's of each.

Aglicus
01-02-2016, 08:23 AM
@redduc900 Here's the screenshot as requested. I still cant find anything wrong :/

redduc900
01-02-2016, 04:14 PM
The BIOS lowered the DRAM frequency to DDR3-1333, but it also tightened the CL to 8. It was either run all 3 modules at their rated 800 MHz and 11-11-11-28-2T (the Hyundai timings being the loosest of the 3), or tighten the Hyundai's to match the Corsair's at 666 MHz. It somehow decided all 3 sticks could run w/ the tighter CL of 8, and keep the remaining timings of the Corsairs. What you could do is run a memory bench w/ all 3 modules installed, then another w/ only the Corsairs, then another w/ only the Hyundai. Chances are that the benchmark results w/ all 3 modules installed will come close to that of only having the Corsairs installed.