PDA

View Full Version : A frustrating G55VW problem...lights turn on a few seconds (no display) then turn off

matrixdan64
12-31-2015, 06:42 AM
Hello. A few days ago, my ASUS G55VW laptop turned off and never successfully turned back on. The power indicator and some lights on the front turn on for a few seconds (no display or keyboard backlight) and then turn back off. I've tried powercycling, couldn't get to the bios, tried ALL key combinations, all power-receiving methods and combos, and nothing has worked. Is there a way to fix it without taking it to a computer repair place?

InfernoStorm
12-31-2015, 09:54 AM
Of course I don't own this laptop but are you sure there's no small hole somewhere at the back of the laptop where you can insert a pin to clear CMOS?

If not then you probably need to open up the laptop and take out the battery (doesn't always work for all laptops) and check to see if you're able to reset the BIOS from that. Also check the user manual or any online manuals on how to clear CMOS for your laptop.

matrixdan64
01-08-2016, 03:26 AM
Bump-a-lump.

There is no pinhole.

Clintlgm
01-09-2016, 05:54 AM
Ctl + Home keys hold them down and press your power button hold them down until Ezflash starts. This will only work if you hard drive still has the original image on it. the G55VW.bin file needs to still be there on the root of C:\ drive. If the .bin file is stil there and not corrupted it will flash your BIOS back to the original BIOS version

matrixdan64
03-29-2016, 05:57 AM
BUMP

Nothing has worked so far.

There was never a bin file like that to begin with, so I dunno.

RuisuL12
03-29-2016, 06:41 AM
I also had a G55VW and same like you once just some lights was blinking but no booting anything. Turn that BIOS was corrupted and need to be repaired with like a pci test card, that was the only way to get it back, bad luck for me the graphic card was damaged in the process to look for a solution before the BIOS to be repaired, but you can give it a try, the support man told that the BIOS was repaired well, but nothing to do with the graphic card

matrixdan64
05-17-2016, 01:31 AM
It's the lid switch.

How do I go about replacing or fixing the magnet lid switch?