PDA

View Full Version : GL551JW Scrolling Stuck in Games

Sylan
12-31-2015, 01:59 PM
Hello, I'm sorry if this has already been asked elsewhere and/or is better suited in a different area, I spent some time searching and wasn't able to find the answer. I recently got a GL551JW, and have had little issue, except while playing any game that makes use of the scroll wheel, scrolling on the clickpad seems to cause it to scroll infinitely, often breaking functionality until I restart the game.

I assumed this was a known issue, as I encountered the same problem on a different ASUS laptop years ago. So far I've been able to roughly get by by disabling scrolling while playing games, but this makes going about normal use difficult, and any games that require scrolling are entirely out of the question. Is there a known solution to this? As a final note, please do not tell me to simply use an external mouse, as that is just not an accessible option to me. Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this subject.

Sylan
01-02-2016, 02:17 PM
The issue remains unresolved. I've tried toying around with pretty much every setting imaginable, along with briefly testing some registry edits to the smart gesture software- no luck. I'm willing to install alternate drivers to fix the issue, if it can be made clear which ones work properly, though that seems like it shouldn't be necessary to fix a crucial function out of the box.