PDA

View Full Version : Asus G750JZ GTX 880 Not Detected - Error code 10

mindrestx
01-02-2016, 10:12 PM
Hello,

My laptop is currently not detecting it's GTX videocard. The intel 4600 is working fine. If I try to install any NVidia drivers for my specific model from Asus website, or Nvidia they will error out. In the device manager I can't see any entry for the GTX card. I do see an error on a device that might be linked to my issue. screenshot and information as follows.

Device with Error - Intel (R) Xeon (R) E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core processor PCI Express x16 Controller (Error Code 10) An ACPI Power object failed to transition state

I've re-installed Windows 10 "fresh install" thinking it was a corrupted driver, but no dice. I also updated bios with no luck. I've also tried the regular fixes, removing the device and so on without any luck.

Any ideas?

Dreamonic
01-03-2016, 05:19 AM
Hey,

Were you trying to flash your vBIOS by any chance? It looks as though you did... Optimus config, unable to power on the dGPU most likely because incorrect Device/Subvendor ID of ROM was used in flashing... but assumptions aside.

Have you checked whether or not the same error occurs under Windows 8/8.1 yet? Have you updated your Chipset drivers too?

Some results with online searches indicate a registry or driver related issue. Since Windows 10 has its own unique inherited list of problems, this might be one of them with your particular system, regardless of fresh install, could be related to your hardware issue too.

Backtrack the best you can to when you noticed it working and when it wasn't. What was installed, what got changed, etc and report back.

mindrestx
01-03-2016, 10:31 PM
Hey,

Were you trying to flash your vBIOS by any chance? It looks as though you did... Optimus config, unable to power on the dGPU most likely because incorrect Device/Subvendor ID of ROM was used in flashing... but assumptions aside.

Have you checked whether or not the same error occurs under Windows 8/8.1 yet? Have you updated your Chipset drivers too?

Some results with online searches indicate a registry or driver related issue. Since Windows 10 has its own unique inherited list of problems, this might be one of them with your particular system, regardless of fresh install, could be related to your hardware issue too.

Backtrack the best you can to when you noticed it working and when it wasn't. What was installed, what got changed, etc and report back.

Hello Dreamonic, thanks for your reply.

This laptop belongs to my younger sister. She mostly uses it for her college courses needing the horsepower for rendering 3D models and such. She recently came home for the holidays, and she told me she was having a few issues with the laptop. She has zero tech skills, and this is the first time I lay hands on it. I doubt anyone messed around with any bios flashing.

The error does happen with windows 8/8.1. I restored the machine thinking it was a corrupted driver, but the issue was still present even after the factory reset. Before the factory reset, she was running windows 10. I believe she ran "free" upgrade Microsoft is pushing at this time. I also ran a clean install of windows 10. The device was still showing error code 10, even without the chipset drivers. I believe it was labeled as "pci -to-pci bridge" or something similar.

My sister noticed the performance drop as she was working on one of her projects. She also tells me the fans on the laptop kicked up really loud. The fans seem like they're stuck on 100% as well. I'm guessing they're the vid card fans. This is a big problem since she's usually in studio doing her work, and a lot of the students seem to have an issue with that sort of noise.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks for your time.

Dreamonic
01-04-2016, 05:42 AM
PM sent.

emeeeeeee
04-30-2016, 01:56 AM
Hello,

I have an n550JX and I'm having the same problem, seems to persist between Windows and Ubuntu. I get error code 10 on the PCI express controller, but neither my GTX 950m nor my internal intel wireless card are detected.

I have a USB wireless card that is letting me post this, but have tried just about everything to get the two internal cards to work with no luck. ASUS support just suggested I do a system restore and RMA, does anyone have any other suggestions before I send it back?

msang2323
11-21-2016, 07:06 AM
Was this ever solved? I have the same issue...

msang2323
11-22-2016, 09:38 PM
Hey,

Were you trying to flash your vBIOS by any chance? It looks as though you did... Optimus config, unable to power on the dGPU most likely because incorrect Device/Subvendor ID of ROM was used in flashing... but assumptions aside..

Dreamonic,
Not to sound stupid but how does one flash my GPU's vBios?
I'm familiar with flashing the regular bios but do you have a "how to link" specific for Asus/Nvidia 870M ?

Thanks in advance..

Dreamonic
11-23-2016, 06:57 AM
Not stupid at all to ask that. You can follow the Flashing guide at my site (red link in signature) for that.

If you got any concerns or questions, just PM me there if you want.

fbotko
02-23-2017, 04:25 PM
Hello, same problem here, the GeForce GTX 850M not showing in the device manager and there is a problem with the PCI Exp. controller, see picture below:

Can you help me please?

I cannot find a guide for GTX850m flashing on your site. :-(

Thank you.

tusharverma
07-02-2017, 07:58 PM
Did anyone find a solution to this?
I have the same problem on my ROG G750JS with the 870M

emeeeeeee
11-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Just bumping this up to see if anyone can offer any insight since I'm still having this problem and getting by with a USB wifi card. It seems like this is a common problem across machines but ASUS wants to charge much more than I can afford to fix it. Has anyone had any success in either solving this on their own or getting it repaired affordably? Or even gotten any more information on what exactly is going wrong here?

Sadler13
11-07-2017, 06:58 AM
Just bumping this up to see if anyone can offer any insight since I'm still having this problem and getting by with a USB wifi card. It seems like this is a common problem across machines but ASUS wants to charge much more than I can afford to fix it. Has anyone had any success in either solving this on their own or getting it repaired affordably? Or even gotten any more information on what exactly is going wrong here?

Have you tried and older version of your BIOS? Then re-install Nvidia Driver tool and
update the driver.

emeeeeeee
11-14-2017, 02:06 PM
Thanks so much for the response and suggestion! I hadn't tried that, I just rolled back to the earliest available BIOS, tried to reinstall drivers (NVIDIA driver updater says no compatible hardware is detected, the device manger still doesn't show GFX or WiFi card and still has the same error, copied below. I went each of the released BIOS updates and did the same process with no improvements.

Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Error from device manager:

Intel(R) Xeon(R) processor E3 - 1200 v3/4th Gen Core processor PCI Express x16 Controller - 0C01

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

An ACPI Power Object failed to transition state

EDIT: I haven't solved it, but I also found another forum where a bunch of people had this problems, and in particular ASUS owners seemed unable to solve it. Perhaps ASUS just put out a bunch of bad motherboards? Extremely disappointing if so.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/an-acpi-power-object-failed-to-transition-state/ded257c9-d519-4a25-9e41-06b72a87cb84

navis995
10-13-2018, 12:51 AM
Thanks so much for the response and suggestion! I hadn't tried that, I just rolled back to the earliest available BIOS, tried to reinstall drivers (NVIDIA driver updater says no compatible hardware is detected, the device manger still doesn't show GFX or WiFi card and still has the same error, copied below. I went each of the released BIOS updates and did the same process with no improvements.

Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Error from device manager:

Intel(R) Xeon(R) processor E3 - 1200 v3/4th Gen Core processor PCI Express x16 Controller - 0C01

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

An ACPI Power Object failed to transition state

EDIT: I haven't solved it, but I also found another forum where a bunch of people had this problems, and in particular ASUS owners seemed unable to solve it. Perhaps ASUS just put out a bunch of bad motherboards? Extremely disappointing if so.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/an-acpi-power-object-failed-to-transition-state/ded257c9-d519-4a25-9e41-06b72a87cb84

did you ever solve this issue?

navis995
12-04-2018, 10:24 AM
Hello Dreamonic, thanks for your reply.

This laptop belongs to my younger sister. She mostly uses it for her college courses needing the horsepower for rendering 3D models and such. She recently came home for the holidays, and she told me she was having a few issues with the laptop. She has zero tech skills, and this is the first time I lay hands on it. I doubt anyone messed around with any bios flashing.

The error does happen with windows 8/8.1. I restored the machine thinking it was a corrupted driver, but the issue was still present even after the factory reset. Before the factory reset, she was running windows 10. I believe she ran "free" upgrade Microsoft is pushing at this time. I also ran a clean install of windows 10. The device was still showing error code 10, even without the chipset drivers. I believe it was labeled as "pci -to-pci bridge" or something similar.

My sister noticed the performance drop as she was working on one of her projects. She also tells me the fans on the laptop kicked up really loud. The fans seem like they're stuck on 100% as well. I'm guessing they're the vid card fans. This is a big problem since she's usually in studio doing her work, and a lot of the students seem to have an issue with that sort of noise.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks for your time.

Hey, did you solve this problem? Mine is exactly the same!