PDA

View Full Version : asus g751jt hardrive deleted by mistake and image needed

ereilly26
01-03-2016, 02:33 PM
hi I deleted the hardrive by mistake and the usb I put the image on will not work now can I buy one from asus or download it from the internet

Gps3dx
01-03-2016, 03:25 PM
Hello there new ROG citizen,

We @Vault-Tec, wish to remind you that no matter which PipBoy version you hold ( aka computer ), the minute you have entered ROG country ( aka this forum ), you're able to SEARCH FOR ANYTHING using your own private PipBoy.... and it is really simple !
Just look at the right upper corner of your PipBoy, then enter your query in the "Search" field, Hit enter and viola!

Just for example, when we @Vault-Tec, searched for "How to install windows" we even found the STICKY THREAD named: "Guide: How to install windows 8/8.1/10 The proper way (UEFI based installation) (http://Guide: How to install windows 8/8.1/10 The proper way (UEFI based installation))"

We @Vault-Tec, wish to state that this kind of query returns the best answers, to any situation you might find yourself during your wilderness trips, in the ASUS galaxy.
Thus, there is no need to nuke your "opponent" ( aka open a new thread ) as there are already better known ways to eliminate your problems ( aka searching for the issue & reading about the solution )

last but not least, We @Vault-Tec wish to remind you that the ROG population is known to be non-telepathic in their current life time.It is highly advisable to tell others any tech details so they will have a slight chance to help other, based on that info.

As always, feel free to visit us at the ROG central forum for any future question.
signing out,
VaultTec.

Julskey
01-03-2016, 03:29 PM
Are you planning to clean install windows from bootable usb? I think you have to use rufus to format the usb drive and copy the windows 10 image to it. Just download the rufus program and run it in another computer. If using for ssd, I think you have to select gpt / uefi option. Once done, go to bios by pressing f2 on powerup. Go to security and disable secure boot. Then go to boot and enable csm. Save and exit. Press esc upon restarting and select your usb to boot from it. Windows installation should now start.

Or you can follow the sticky thread in this forum if you plan to install into m.2 ssd. You can also watch youtube videos how to install win10 from usb into an hdd. After windows is installed, you can then download drivers and tools from the asus website.