PDA

View Full Version : G751 Powering On / Power Button Issues

Demonbane21
01-05-2016, 07:35 PM
Hi,
I have a g751 Asus rog and I have been having an issue for a while. Its a weird one. Sometimes when I try to turn on my laptop , I press the power button and it lights for a second and goes out, sometimes it takes 20 presses like this to turn on. I have sent it back twice only to get it back with exactly the same problem. I have now been told they will not fix it again under warranty but I have been trying to tell them that they didnt fix it the last 2 times,

Has anyone else been having the same problem.

JustinThyme
01-07-2016, 05:56 AM
Which 751 do you have and does anything else happen other than just the light on the button? ie lights toward the front of the palm rest.

Ive seen just the light on the button light up then go back out and it ended up being the hard drive dragging down the power supply. I could hear a clicking sound though as well.

ZMEITO
01-10-2016, 03:27 PM
Which 751 do you have and does anything else happen other than just the light on the button? ie lights toward the front of the palm rest.

Ive seen just the light on the button light up then go back out and it ended up being the hard drive dragging down the power supply. I could hear a clicking sound though as well.

How did you fix that? i got the same problem. i mean if thats hard drive's doing what should i do?

Clintlgm
01-10-2016, 03:34 PM
If you are in the states PM cl-albert his Asus employee and can assist with this. If your not in the states he can put you in touch with a C ustomer L oyalty rep in your area.

Digisaurus
01-15-2016, 08:53 PM
Two days ago I did a normal Windows restart, and the computer seemed to exit Windows gracefully, and started to come back up sounding as it always does -- I heard the fans, HDD started to spin up, and then it shut off, and went into an endless cycle of going off, and trying to turn on -- nothing on the screen, no POST beep, nada.

So, I held the power button down until it shut off and stopped with the on/off cycle, and pressed the power button again. It started to power up, then just turned right off again.

Now that's all I can get it to do: Power button, fans spin, HDD sounds like it starts to spin up, then off. (Battery light on, HDD light blinks for an instant before the laptop shuts off.)

The battery is fully charged and isn't removable, so if the machine is in some weird locked-up state, I can't interrupt the power supply to give it a chance to reset.

I've tried all variations of adapter unplugged, plugged, removing plug from wall while connected, letting adapter discharge for a long time.

No joy.

JustinThyme
01-16-2016, 12:09 AM
Have you tried to enter the BIOS and check your disks by spamming the f2 key right after the power button and go in and check your devices and boot configuration?

Digisaurus
01-19-2016, 04:52 PM
No JustinThyme -- Simply can't get G751 to boot - No POST test, nothing on screen, nada.

Called ASUS support, went through holding down power button for a 60 seconds, etc. with them.

Their conclusion, needed to RMA back to California for service.