PDA

View Full Version : Asus ROG G752VT USB issue?

CaseyQuinn
01-07-2016, 09:12 AM
Hi mates, the usb (such as my keyboard and the cooling pad) are still functioning even thought i've turn off this laptop. The glowing
from my mouse and the noise came from my cooling pad are killing me when i tried to sleep at night. Is there anyway that i can switch it off so that i can sleep peacefully at night?

thanks in advance.

Gps3dx
01-07-2016, 12:40 PM
Hello there.
A. it not an issue
B. please familiar yourself with Charge+ feature:
http://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1010237
http://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1010236
http://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1010232
also, ( thanks to asus for not mentioning that in the bios ) please look at the manual page 79 (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/G752VL/0409_E10716_G752VL_VT_VY_C.pdf) in the bios there is a settings named "power off energy saving"....
If i remember correctly, when this settings is "ENABLED" - the USB will not supply any electricity, and CHARGER+ feature should be disabled.
if not - install that app from the official support page from asus and make sure that charge+ feature, inside the app is disable.
profit.

Julskey
01-10-2016, 10:45 AM
My unit is G752VT but I don't have this "power off energy saving" option under Advanced tab in the bios as stated in the manual.

Gps3dx
01-10-2016, 01:34 PM
My unit is G752VT but I don't have this "power off energy saving" option under Advanced tab in the bios as stated in the manual.
nontheless, try to install charger+ app from asus offfial support page - then config the app so the charger+ feature will be disabled.
it should do the magic - at least when the laptop sleeping.

also, I really recommend you pass a complaint to asus asking for this feature - as it appears in the manual.

Julskey
01-10-2016, 02:09 PM
I have charger+s preinstalled but this is the only setting available. 54678
Thanks.

Clintlgm
01-10-2016, 03:27 PM
Charger + in windows actually supplies more power for charging larger items IE Tablet. Charger plus in BIOS Supplies power to the front right port with the notebook turned off.
That leaves 2 options turning it off in the BIOS/UEFI or plugging in to the left side port. You could also try plugging in to the rear right side port. This was true in the past I don't have a G752 to test this to be 100% sure but it's how Asus has set it up I the past.
Should this not be the case with the G752's and all ports stay hot with the notebook shut down or Sleep or Hybrid shutdown you can adjust how USB acts in your power option: Change advanced options

Julskey
01-10-2016, 04:07 PM
Yes, all 4 usb ports stay with power even when the laptop is powered down, but connected to the power adapter. Just now I learned that the usb power goes off if the power adapter is unplugged and laptop is shut down. My laptop is basically plugged in all the time so it would be nice if the usb power cuts out when it goes to sleep or shut down.

Clintlgm
01-10-2016, 04:20 PM
Have you changed the shut down default from Hybrid Shut Down to complete shut down? again if you want to keep Hybrid Shut down you can adjust the USB setting in Power Option: Advanced Power Options. I just don't use the Hybrid Shut down as it just a form of sleep/Hibernation. With SSD's my boot time is just as fast as Hybrid sleep. So there is no point it using it, not counting the issue if you have issues and need a complete shut down you may not be able to as your power shut down is set to Hybrid shut down.

Julskey
01-10-2016, 04:31 PM
Yes, my hybrid sleep is set to off and hibernate is set to never. I think the usb power bus is tied directly to the power supply, without going to any switch which can be set in bios. Or I may be wrong. Thanks anyway.

Clintlgm
01-10-2016, 04:40 PM
Have you found any USB settings in your BIOS/UEFI? Also have you found and setting for fast boot in your BIOS/UEFI?
I am assuming you checked the advance settings for you power plan in use in windows?
tutorial how to turn off fast boot in windows (http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-10-a.html)

JustinThyme
01-10-2016, 05:17 PM
This in and of itself is a problem. Your USB is defunct before the OS is even launched. I just checked 3 machines, G51JL, G751JY and G752VY and they all have it second tab "advanced" and last item before expanding SATA configuration as shown on PG 79 of your G752VT manual.

Its quite possible you have a defunct BIOS flash. I just checked and the VT has but one version available to download and its 205.

Julskey
01-10-2016, 05:17 PM
The only usb setting I found in bios is legacy and mass storage options. Under advanced tab, the power off energy saving line as seen on the manual is actually blank. Fast boot is in disabled state in both bios and power options. For now, I will just have to unplug the power adapter everytime I shutdown. At least that turns off power to usb devices connected. Thanks.

Julskey
01-10-2016, 05:56 PM
I found out just now that when your battery goes less than the setting of your Charger+, it will turn off usb power when shutdown without power adapter connected. In sleep however, usb ports still have power. Haven't tried in hibernate.

Julskey
01-10-2016, 06:01 PM
This in and of itself is a problem. Your USB is defunct before the OS is even launched. I just checked 3 machines, G51JL, G751JY and G752VY and they all have it second tab "advanced" and last item before expanding SATA configuration as shown on PG 79 of your G752VT manual.

Its quite possible you have a defunct BIOS flash. I just checked and the VT has but one version available to download and its 205.

I have bios 205. Do you think that it may be possible that my bios is corrupted? Does the VT and VY have the same bios file? Thanks.

JustinThyme
01-10-2016, 08:17 PM
If you are not seeing the power off energy saving feature something is not right and makes me question the BIOS.
The BIOS between models are different. I would not attempt to use the BIOS from a VY. While the versions may be the same the file names are different. The 208 for the VY is named G752VYAS208. There is nothing that says you cant try flashing it with the same firmware.

Jlieu
01-13-2016, 03:25 PM
G752VY have the same issues. This issues has no one can fix it until asus release the official FIX.

The bios. The cause of everything.

Gps3dx
01-13-2016, 10:22 PM
I have bios 205. Do you think that it may be possible that my bios is corrupted? Does the VT and VY have the same bios file? Thanks.
Definitely they are NOT same bios !
NEVER flash a bios that isn't released by the manufacturer FOR THE SAME MODEL AS YOURS !
you might end up with a BRICKED PC.