PDA

View Full Version : Need your help with a few noob questions

nemerdekel
01-09-2016, 06:58 AM
So recently purchased a G751JL (GTX 965m) and I came across a few strange things.

Question nr.1: Why can't I see the included intel iris pro 5200 in the device manager, and I can't even install any drivers for it. does this mean my laptop does not have optimus? (that would be a good thing I guess) The chasis and the box even include a sticker with the intel iris 5200 logo
Question nr.2: what software you guys use to overclock the gpu? I don't really plan on overclocking, I want to be informed for future possibilities

JustinThyme
01-09-2016, 11:13 AM
The intel graphics and optimus are not enabled on these machines. The First G751 I bought was the JL with the 965M and it has no badges or mentions of an Intel Graphics solution nor is it visible in Device manager.

I can only guess that ASUS decided not to enable it in gaming rigs as its a low power solution. My guess is there were more problems with folks complaining of poor graphics performance from not knowing how to switch between adapters than any benefit it may have offered in power savings and battery life in a gaming rig.

MSI Afterburner seems to be one of the more popular OC tools.

nemerdekel
01-09-2016, 01:13 PM
thank you for your reply, you answered my questions, have a great day

Clintlgm
01-09-2016, 03:21 PM
Yes in the G750 they tried Optimus and there were many issues so the G751 mostly came without the feature