PDA

View Full Version : G752VT-RH71 - Backlit Keyboard on boot?

Hunteds911x
01-09-2016, 02:32 PM
Is there any way to get the backlighting on the keyboard to be on when Windows is booting? I know that on the G751 the driver loads and the Backlit keyboard lights up once booted into Windows. The G752 backlit keyboard only lights up upon logging into the laptop but not as Windows finishes booting and loading all drivers.

Am I missing some configuration or something? Tried updated ATK package drivers but still not lighting up until you log into your profile in Windows.

I have search all over with no luck so far.

Gps3dx
01-09-2016, 04:24 PM
Is there any way to get the backlighting on the keyboard to be on when Windows is booting? I know that on the G751 the driver loads and the Backlit keyboard lights up once booted into Windows. The G752 backlit keyboard only lights up upon logging into the laptop but not as Windows finishes booting and loading all drivers.

Am I missing some configuration or something? Tried updated ATK package drivers but still not lighting up until you log into your profile in Windows.

I have search all over with no luck so far.

Hello there new ROG citizen,
Please note that even an older version of your PipBoy (aka: your PC) might hold in its archive (aka: this sub-forum) answers to similar question that you might arise.
We @Vault-Tec, wish to remind you that no matter which PipBoy version you hold, the minute you have entered ROG country, you're able to SEARCH FOR ANYTHING using your own private PipBoy.... and it is really simple !
Just look at the right upper corner of your PipBoy, then enter your query in the "Search" field, Hit enter and viola!

You might ask your self - "why should I bother" ?
Well, leaving a reply in an already opened thread, with same/similar topic, can help the ROG community by having ONE THREAD that debates same subject, instead of many many others.
That way, the ROG community will have a "library of knowledge" on same topic - IN ONE PLACE.

We also, @Vault-Tec, worked really hard to concentrate the most important, most debated subjects, and PINNED SOME OF THE THREADS AT THE START OF THE 1st PAGE of this forum.

Just for example, in the sticky thread "G751 How to change the Steam, Shadowplay buttons and Backlight timeout settings" you can find the following debate:

THank you for the reg key, but is there a way to have the kbd light at boot up, not just after logging in?

I was looking into this too, it would make typing the Windows password in the dark, a little easier. Anyone have any luck doing it?
Thanks in advance.

this has something to do with when and how "startup items" get loaded when you log into windows.
note that I wrote "log into", as it happens only then - as the "login-screen" isn't "belongs" to any user on the system.
I even tried to search an option using windows's "task scheduler" - but these task commands also does NOT work while you're logged-off.

As I understand the only way to bypass it, so the ATK exe & services will load on the "log-in" screen is to heavily modify the registry or windows system files, that actually responsible for the OS's referral into "login screen" when the system loads up ( also, when you log-off, it is a different scenario ).
I know through some VB coding you can do that... but m8, this is headache stuff - even for me ( look at my guides below to understand that statement ).

lastly, I must tell you that whenever I reboot/power on my G751JT, the backlight light automaticly, and it cannot get changed until you log-in, wait few sec till ATK stuff loads up, then I can control the backlight.
See my guide: HOW TO CONFIG ANY FN+key Inc. "ShadowPlay", "Steam" | REMAP "ROG" as "NumLock" (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?p=538722#post538722).
maybe the old ATK version i'm using ( as mentioned in the guide ) causes this welcome behavior.

As always, feel free to visit us at the ROG central forum for any future question.
signing out,
VaultTec.

Valorguy
01-17-2016, 03:01 AM
This keyboard seems to be the best downfall of the Laptop.... I wonder if there's any way to change the colors, like I can on my ORIGIN laptop. The red is still too low and "strange" to see in a dusk lighting, and I will be returning the laptop if it can't be done.

toronto699
01-17-2016, 03:26 AM
NO cannot change the keyboard lighting colour
Asus Rog Is Red

JustinThyme
01-17-2016, 11:20 PM
Im happy with the color, Id be happier if it was active prior to login. It was out of the box but somewhere along the way between OS upgrade to Win 10 PRO, BIOS flash to 208 and updating all the drivers this is one of the things that stopped working correctly. The other is the Game center software no longer shows CPU, GPU or memory information. The hot zone still works as do the macros etc.

Gps3dx, I really appreciate your in depth posts and resolutions. Even though reading them makes me go cross eyed. For me going through all of that with remapping something I don't want remapped to get the lights to work prior to login just seems a bit of overkill. Patiently waiting to see of some of our talented brethren can figure out a what I know is going to be a simple fix. In the meantime Ill just settle with knowing that 90% of the time my 40 years of pounding on a keyboard normally hits the correct keys without even looking.

Clintlgm
01-18-2016, 06:26 AM
Justin it would be the BIOS flash that got your back lights. The BIOS has to handle them until they get turned over to Windows. You might have to flash it again with a fresh .bin file? that's my best guess