PDA

View Full Version : Vote - Semi-Gloss or Aggressive Anti-Glare finish for monitors

phatec
01-11-2016, 10:25 PM
Asus seems to create product, yet they do not seems to ask the clients who purchase their product, so I'll do this for them.

Please vote your choice -

A) Semi-gloss -
Would you rather have a Semi-gloss finish for your monitor, this allows for whites to be white.
Helps to not cause distortions or color infrequency, such as vibrancy of color contrast. As this is Semi-Gloss.
this does prevent most nearly all reflections without interfering with the above.
This is also very easy to clean with any type of screen cleaner, and prevents most streaking/fingerprints from being visible.
This type of screen is more difficult to scratch and is more durable.

B) Aggressive Anti-Glare -
Would you rather have an Aggressive Anti-Glare finish to your monitor, this causes whites to be grey,
Causes pixel clarity issues, distortions, and color is more washed out as the vibrancy of contrast is over shadowed by this finish.
Think of Sunglasses except it is on your monitor, while wearing sunglasses things become darker in contrast.
This is not as easy clean as the surface is not as smooth, can also be damaged if using the incorrect screen cleaners.
This type of screen is easily scratched, the coating of anti-glare or AG sheet can easily be scratched or damaged.

RPGWiZaRD
01-12-2016, 05:50 PM
Ideally I personally prefer to be in the light anti-glare ~ semi-glossy range although I would pick aggressive anti-glare over fully glossy though. I never sit in a darkened room and always have it properly lit up and this hurts fully glossy useage, semi-glossy might be borderline intrusive. So guess non-agressive anti-glare that my current monitor has is quite suitable for me.

Juston Gold
01-13-2016, 12:40 AM
Straight up glossy for me. Asus uses far too aggressive anti-glare filter on their monitors which causes a slightly blurred image.

phatec
01-13-2016, 04:02 PM
Ideally I personally prefer to be in the light anti-glare ~ semi-glossy range although I would pick aggressive anti-glare over fully glossy though. I never sit in a darkened room and always have it properly lit up and this hurts fully glossy useage, semi-glossy might be borderline intrusive. So guess non-agressive anti-glare that my current monitor has is quite suitable for me.

Thank you for your explanation, I fully agree with you, proper lighting always does play a role when it comes to the monitor and screen.

Full gloss would reflect to much and would act as a mirror haha.

phatec
01-13-2016, 04:03 PM
Straight up glossy for me. Asus uses far too aggressive anti-glare filter on their monitors which causes a slightly blurred image.

This is true, hopefully Asus reviews your response as this is what I'm hoping to bring to their attention.

Their Aggressive Anti-Glare is far to "Aggressive".

phatec
01-13-2016, 04:05 PM
Don't forget to select your votes on the Pole at the top of the page ladies and gents.

kaufen
05-12-2016, 01:06 PM
Ideally I personally prefer to be in the light anti-glare ~ semi-glossy range although I would pick aggressive anti-glare over fully glossy though.

gupsterg
10-02-2016, 09:33 PM
Picked up a MG279Q few days ago, AG coating seems right to me, very similar to what it was on my Eizo FG2421 & Dell U2515H.