PDA

View Full Version : G750JX repasting went wrong?!

minaabdelmassih
01-12-2016, 06:26 AM
Hey guys,

I just opened my G750JX for the first time and removed dust and repasted everything. My temps though are suddenly much higher than before. Can it be that I repasted wrong or that the paste wasn't good(It was 2 Dollars). Even though I didn't expect that it would be much worse that I can't even play right now.

Thank you for your advice in advance :)

MaxCioco
01-12-2016, 08:19 AM
2$ a paste is ok if you buy 0.5 grams, but way to cheap for 3grams or so. But it's not always about price. Read reviews before buying!

As an example I paied just a few months ago 13$ for a Noctua n1-h1 and I realised it's 30-40% pricier than what I used before and it behaves just the same: same temps and drying time. Next I'm going to try some industial grade silver oxide paste for leds'. See if it atleast holds performance over time or at least lasts longer.

My best bet it that you used a way too bad paste and applied it wrong; maybe installed something back the wrong way (like untight screws).
Especially given that laptops do require a better paste to stay in normal temps, you should read some documentation before making a choice.
And then is the "how to use it" part. Internet is full of guides.

My personal way for laptops (not pcs) is spreading manually the paste and making sure it's as thin as possible and it won't spill out - that means you can allow a bit more paste on the middle. But that is my way and I know it's taking way too long.

All you have left now is see if the paste you've got is good enough. If it is, then just open and repaste properly.
Oh, and I hope you reconnected the fans and placed back all the termal pads. Simple plain paste can't replace them. If you want to replace them use thick paste or new ones. Or if you have none of those, just reuse them. They have a longer lifespan than paste.

Good luck and have patience!

navis995
01-12-2016, 09:24 PM
Don't spread it! Just put a blob in the middle and then just close it together. Spreading it is not a way to go.

navis995
01-12-2016, 09:25 PM
Also don't be a jew and buy a real paste. It's only like 5-10€. Look for Gelid Solutions, Artic SIlver and Collabrium Liquid Ultra.

xeromist
01-14-2016, 08:27 PM
jew

Moderator note:
It is not OK to use that word in an insulting manner. Please find a different way to make your point in the future. Thanks!