PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G752VY, USB CHARGER, The feature that permanently ON!

Jlieu
01-13-2016, 10:33 AM
no one, nobody can turn off usb charger!!!!!!!! And it will turned on FOREVER!!! EVEN you shut down, or remove power cord! the only way is to smash 2599$ this notebook to the wall HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ELSE, The Motherboard will keep supplying voltage to every USB Port for 24Hours, 365 days!!

Thinking being smart huh? There are NO OPTION in BIOS for usb charger either. NO software controllable, NO system BIOS Option available. Being a BIG FAN to asus for 6 years is kind of joke.

Why there are so much bug??? dammit ! now my friend own a china branded gaming notebook even perform much much much fking better than this!!

To be honest, a china branded gaming notebook, Thunderobot or whatever, with 1599$ USD you get GTX980 4GB, 256GB NVMe, I7 6700K , a damm desktop spec on laptop with a fking working, fully options chinese bios menu options and performance that surpassed little piece of plastic bugged G752VY that fking cost me 2599$

I'm sad, now i really sad. so my friends with acer predator even laugh at me during lan party. Being so hardcore fans that keep introducing other for asus for past 6 years, i better introduce Jesus to other next time, worth a life.

Gps3dx
01-13-2016, 02:47 PM
Hello there Jlieu.
Even though you've "on fire" right now... you can still help the community and yourself altogether:
You should search for similar topic thread, before opening a new open.

You might ask your self - "why should I bother" ?
Well, leaving a reply in an already opened thread, with same/similar topic, can help the ROG community by having ONE THREAD that debates same subject, instead of many many others.
That way, the ROG community can have a "library of knowledge" on same topic - IN ONE PLACE, for the benefits of other members & future new members.
now... you're not a noob in this forum, so you should know this by now.

just less then a week ago same topic was opened in another thread. (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81885-Asus-ROG-G752VT-USB-issue&highlight=charge%2B)
Please ask the admin to close this thread and continue to debate that subject in that already opened thread.

also, a very productive advise I can give you is that you should complain to Asus directly, instead of "uploading" in writing your nerves to the community.
if you and other's like you will complain to Asus - may be they decide to take you serious and might develop a newer bios or driver to solve your issues.

Best of luck,
gps.

Jlieu
01-13-2016, 03:32 PM
Complain to Asus? DID they ever listen and take incentive to improve? How many Money did i have to spend on this BRAND again? Its more than 15000$ for desktop, accessories and notebooks on every gaming series! did anyone actually understand my feeling? Why i just cannot get a things which is working?? why i cannot pay for something which is precisely engineered? I pay the money! After sales services sucks, no supports, no responds to products issues! WHY?

JustinThyme
01-13-2016, 04:26 PM
Actually ASUS did listen to complaints and that's why the USB charge plus exists in the first place.
Personally I don't get the complaints. If you want something to charge, plug it in. If you don't shut down the laptop and unplug everything from the ports. Ive never even noticed it or even cared or even checked if mine is that way or not. Why, Because I dont care. When Im done I shut down my machine and put it away. If I want something that is going to sit 24x7x365 with everything plugged in they have a name for that, DESKTOP! You can actually build one with better specs for less money than the G752VY.

This very subject has been discussed, extensively.
You might want to read THIS (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1690-Spam-Flames-Adverts-Ban)

Gps3dx
01-13-2016, 09:54 PM
You might want to read THIS (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1690-Spam-Flames-Adverts-Ban)
Damn good !
Thanks JustinThyme !!!!

@Jlieu - don't take this reply personally - I didn't know this "rules" post, from asus them-self, exist in the forum !
Hail Asus ? or not... depends who you ask :rolleyes:

Jlieu
01-14-2016, 12:35 AM
Alright, i guess that is how it work. i just have to silence and don't have a right at all. Who is the admins? How much the salary?

if i edit my post to ; wow! Asus the best in the world! my laptop surpass IBM supercomputer! then how much money i get? a full refund for 2599$?

Alright admin, if you found this offence then close it and keep the world happy ever after and scammed. Else, stand out and clear yourself, how community can solve problem when Asus itself din't solve it?

Tidbits
01-14-2016, 01:29 AM
Couldn't you turn it off in the bios or uninstall the software for it? I think they work in together.

Jlieu
01-14-2016, 02:33 AM
Couldn't you turn it off in the bios or uninstall the software for it? I think they work in together.

Nope.. Missing options in bios and No software can control either. Besides, there are so many bugs that proved this products only a prototype.

BIOS BUG :
1. CPU Microcode bugs - waiting fix from intel i guess
2. NO full NVMe supports - Now only handle by basic intel, or microsoft controller/ driver which could break your expensive nvme ssd anytime.
3. BIOS UI/ Options not complete - Fast boot unable to turn on, some performance options and USB charger options missing....
4. Problem booting from UEFI Bootable USB, Sometimes work, sometimes don't - Causes freeze when boot
5. Slow system power up upon power button registered bit into bios.
6. Poor overall system performance , - Poor storage performance control, Cpu performance control, Poor V-Bios Firmware , Latest V-Bios din't fix anything.
7. Thermal framework, even though with 3D vapor chanber, which is a joke, The thermal does not seems to be better than my G751JY. In another word, Still HOT, High temperature on Idle with 50+'C compared G751JY with 42+'C, and 38'C on G750JX.

Alright, its been so many month since the device ready for the market. so why there is still so many bugs?

Tidbits
01-14-2016, 02:46 AM
So what you are saying you can't uninstall Charger+?

Jlieu
01-14-2016, 02:59 AM
So what you are saying you can't uninstall Charger+?

Uninstalled, EVERY USB port still powered even though the PC are shut downed. Actually usb charger feature only enabled on a single USB port with the voltage sign. But this buggy system cause every USB port to be powered all the time.
I have said, NO software can control. No point install or uninstall or format a new windows or smash it,the bug is there.

Tidbits
01-14-2016, 03:54 AM
Nope.. Missing options in bios and No software can control either. Besides, there are so many bugs that proved this products only a prototype.

BIOS BUG :
2. NO full NVMe supports - Now only handle by basic intel, or microsoft controller/ driver which could break your expensive nvme ssd anytime.
3. BIOS UI/ Options not complete - Fast boot unable to turn on, some performance options and USB charger options missing....
4. Problem booting from UEFI Bootable USB, Sometimes work, sometimes don't - Causes freeze when boot
6. Poor overall system performance , - Poor storage performance control, Cpu performance control, Poor V-Bios Firmware , Latest V-Bios din't fix anything.
7. Thermal framework, even though with 3D vapor chanber, which is a joke, The thermal does not seems to be better than my G751JY. In another word, Still HOT, High temperature on Idle with 50+'C compared G751JY with 42+'C, and 38'C on G750JX.

Alright, its been so many month since the device ready for the market. so why there is still so many bugs?

1. I don't seem to have this problem yet.
2. Source?
3. I can turn off and on Fast boot. The missing options are personal preferences. Though I checked the option for Plus charging is missing. It see it on my old Asus motherboard. I am glad they all power on though. Allows me to charge my things :)
4. I have never had trouble yet, and I boot into Linux(arch, and mint) with a stick at least 3-4 times a day
5. Don't have this problem
6. Mine is fine so far
7. I don't remember mine being that high I need to double check. Could you have something installed that is hanging and/or software you have installed causing the problem itself?

Could be you have a faulty unit and not an actually problem with the software. Do people to this day believe that every mass production product will work 100% of the time? People are not perfect and in turn we can't make everything perfect.

Jlieu
01-14-2016, 05:31 AM

I guess you dont even have a G752VY. So bias and you dont even know what are you using.
I have so many G752 and other asus device to prove. Dont tell me all the G752 i purchased are defect?
You know nothing, just leave. Dint help anything.

Julskey
01-14-2016, 09:51 AM
Well, i have a g752vt and have the same issue with charger plus, but i can change the charger plus setting to 99, and when i shut down the laptop and remove the charger, the power to the usb ports will switch off as soon as the battery percentage falls below the charger plus setting. I dont mind disconnecting the power adapter as it is also safer to unplug it when not in use.

Jlieu
01-14-2016, 10:18 AM
Well, i have a g752vt and have the same issue with charger plus, but i can change the charger plus setting to 99, and when i shut down the laptop and remove the charger, the power to the usb ports will switch off as soon as the battery percentage falls below the charger plus setting. I dont mind disconnecting the power adapter as it is also safer to unplug it when not in use.

Thanks for Suggestion, it works.

JustinThyme
01-14-2016, 01:12 PM

BIOS BUG :

Got something to back up any of this at all? I have a G752VY and experience NONE of this. You seem to be very displeased so I suggest you return your machines and buy dells as quickly as possible so you can post HERE (http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/) instead. Or Buy MSI and post HERE (https://forum-en.msi.com/) instead

As for micronode bugs, thats Intel, not ASUS and has the possibility of showing its head on any intel platform. Some geek sends it to crunching prime 95 for hours on end and one out of every thousand cpus occasionally freezes. You can run a torture test for a few hours and stress your CPU to the point that it will NEVER see in real use and MIGHT be one of the unlucky 1/1000 (just a guess as there are no numbers may be even lower as what is actually said is RARE).

The G752Y has full NVMe support. Windows 8.1 and later has NVMe Driver native. NO MANUFACTURER ships with Samsung Magician or drivers NONE! How is this going to break anything? Its not. So long as you dont fill your drive to capacity you dont even need over provisioning. If you are anal about it and want to set it up yourself you don't need Samsung magician to do so, simply make a partition of 10% of the drive space and leave it unallocated. Trim and trash are handledn by the OS as well. You can go to the Samsung Website and it states that NEITHER the Samsung software or drivers are mandatory. The warranty is the same whether you have it or not. I get the same performance results from Native drivers that are achieved on any platform that can actually get the Samsung solutions to work, again this problem is not limited to ASUS. Seems the Samsung software cannot read past some of the drive controllers (hardware) but everything else CAN.

BIOS works fine. Fast boot works fine. The options available work fine. Some want more options just so they can screw it up. I actually think ASUS was smart in this realm as they were getting tired of RMAs of machines that were toasted by Jr playing with the bios. You want to tweak a bios, build a desktop. They still have plenty of options available there as the manufacturers dont care if you toast your CPU from over volting it, not their problem and they dont have to RMA it, Intel will send it back to you laughing.

I have yet to not be able to boot from UEFI bootable USB. The only time this is an issue is when nimrods dont bother to set it op correctly, thats why there is a sticky here and again, has nothing to do with ASUS. This is prevalent in ALL machines that support UEFI. Its newer technology and does not work the same, people are not yet accustomed to it.

My machine takes 7 seconds from the time I push the power button to desktop, and thats only because Im slow typing in a complex password.

Im not even going to bother to address #6, you dream this up? I have ZERO performance issues on any of those fronts. NONE

Thermals work fine, 50C is how they set it up, dont like it? Download and install a fan controller.

Bottom line is you seem to have nothing but complaints but yet you bought 2 machines, have had more than one ASUS product in the past, complain about how crappy all of them are and keep coming back for more?

Jlieu
01-14-2016, 01:39 PM
Yes, i keep coming back, WHY? I'M a Hard Core fan of ASUS! But I'm disappointing every time !
You boot 7 second?
alright, check my fking video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7nrt3U1WFo
Both, G752VY have same problem!!!! Then i brought another one again, SAME problem!!!! And then i go to Dealer store, ALL G752VY HAVE SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!!! On latest BIOS 208!!!!!!!

I enable Fastboot, After restart it turn off it self again!! WHY it disable fastboot automatically every time???

Try compare with ACER Predator 17, G752VY FPS Drop / Lower FPS and Micro Lag happens, Lower/ slower performance Rendering with 3DMAX Vray.. so so on... SHAME on same specification, not to mention, G752VY loses on Furmark FPS as well.

For UEFI Boot, Sometime can , sometimes dont! Read carefully dude! Sometimes Freezes on the middle of boot, Sometimes just work well.

Full NVMe support? You sure? Why no NVMe controller in Device manager? compared to ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO? Why we all have to stuck on SATA RAID Where no actual RAID available? WHY USING ONLY IRST ??

Alright, i'm the lucky guy owning the Faulty unit you say. 3 of them have same problem, Now confirmed with dealer ALL G752VY have same problem reported by local customer during purchase. SO explain please?

Corporal
01-14-2016, 01:56 PM
Jlieu, can you confirm/deny this issue on your machine:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81674-G752VL-Speaker-Popping-Problem

Jlieu
01-14-2016, 02:01 PM
Jlieu, can you confirm/deny this issue on your machine:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81674-G752VL-Speaker-Popping-Problem

Surprisingly all my G752 have no issues with sound. Audio works great, silent and comfortable. I guess this proved we have different motherboard.
when i sign in complain in Asus, during entering the serial number, the system automatically recognize my machine as G752VL, But i have GTX980 4GB version and HWinfo shown my device as G752VY. should i concern?

Edit
I keyed in motherboard serial instead of product serial. lol my fault

Jlieu
01-14-2016, 02:07 PM

For your reference as well.

JustinThyme
01-14-2016, 04:07 PM
Yes, i keep coming back, WHY? I'M a Hard Core fan of ASUS! But I'm disappointing every time !
You boot 7 second?
alright, check my fking video!
Both, G752VY have same problem!!!! Then i brought another one again, SAME problem!!!! And then i go to Dealer store, ALL G752VY HAVE SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!!! On latest BIOS 208!!!!!!!

I enable Fastboot, After restart it turn off it self again!! WHY it disable fastboot automatically every time???

Try compare with ACER Predator 17, G752VY FPS Drop / Lower FPS and Micro Lag happens, Lower/ slower performance Rendering with 3DMAX Vray.. so so on... SHAME on same specification, not to mention, G752VY loses on Furmark FPS as well.

For UEFI Boot, Sometime can , sometimes dont! Read carefully dude! Sometimes Freezes on the middle of boot, Sometimes just work well.

Full NVMe support? You sure? Why no NVMe controller in Device manager? compared to ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO? Why we all have to stuck on SATA RAID Where no actual RAID available? WHY USING ONLY IRST ??

Alright, i'm the lucky guy owning the Faulty unit you say. 3 of them have same problem, Now confirmed with dealer ALL G752VY have same problem reported by local customer during purchase. SO explain please?

Dont know what you are doing to the machines, to get that slow of a boot. Refer to my previous comment about BIOS restrictions and Jr screwing with them too much.

My 3D mark scores are fine and competitive as are other benchmarks and actual use. I dont have an Acer Predator, nor do I intend on buying one. If you like them so much then why are you posting of how good they are, how bad ASUS is yet you bought 3 ASUS and ZERO Acer?

I read your post just fine, Dude, I understand you said UEFI freezes in the middle of boot, Dude. Now go back and read my reply where I said people are screwing it up and that I have had zero issues, Dude.

This is not a Desktop so you cannot compare it to one. The Desktop solution has a separate raid controller that connects to nothing but the M2 slots. That does not mean the laptop doesn't support NVMe. Yes I am sure I have full NVMe support.

I dont know your dealer, don't care, all hearsay. All I know is you either have the worst luck in the world or mess with things you should not. Then to keep on buying them, Up to 3 now while still badmouthing ASUS. I have multiple posts with bench marks screens that contradict pretty much everything you have said. Guess I must have just experienced a miracle in that I have the only one in existence that doesn't have problems. The only thing you have posted that I give merit to is the USB ports being active after shutdown.

You seem to do nothing but troll and offer nothing but complaints done in very poor taste with no constructive criticism. My grandmother always said you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Your posts would even have more merit if this was your first and only ASUS product. To come here posting what you have been posting then saying you have spent 10s of thousands of dollars on crap ASUS products doesnt paint a very pretty picture of an increased level of intelligence.

Will you please return your products ASAP, buy MSIs or the Acer you are so fond of and go to their forums and post what a piece of crap those machines are.

JustinThyme
01-14-2016, 04:39 PM
My boot time after updating to 208. There is something there that adds a couple of seconds, 206 was actually faster. Boot time is still very respectable and better than what is shown above which I believe to be with fast boot disabled.
I ve rebooted a hundred times and never did it revert back to fast boot disabled. Ive even flashed back and forth a few times from 206 to 208 etc and cannot duplicate the BIOS resetting itself to fast boot disabled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obq-vJfAVPc

Jlieu
01-14-2016, 05:01 PM
I cannot restore the 206 bios either, using the Winflash trick, after booting for Bios flash, it just went black screen. nothing happened, and the bios is now stuck on 208

JustinThyme
01-14-2016, 05:30 PM
I really want to help Brother. I'm not trying to be difficult.
I've posted directions for how to go back to 206 in the thread you already started about slow boot time.
Works like a charm. Ive done it multiple times back and forth and spend hours trying my best to duplicate the problems you are posting and cannot.
I'm not the only one that got it to go back so I know its not a fluke. Im staying on 208 though as I dont see a problem with the few extra seconds. The only way I got it to take as long as it does in your video is to disable fast boot (with 206 and 208) which BTW is default after you flash. You have to go in and enable it.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81854-ASUS-G752VY-Slow-start-Problem&p=564350&viewfull=1#post564350

from start menu

Launched from command prompt like the directions.

Jlieu
01-14-2016, 05:48 PM
Yes, i follow exactly the step as you do. But after pressing exit, the system reboot. But it wont flash the bios at all. It just black screen and stucked.
I try again later.

Thanks anyway.

JustinThyme
01-14-2016, 06:02 PM
You should not be selecting exit, you should be selecting update.

Jlieu
01-14-2016, 06:27 PM
Help...

https://youtu.be/gxC7MSeudYM
Cannot...

Below are example of stuck. Everytime. Untill system crashes. I removed the original nvme and installed windows to the 1tb hdd, the problem still the same.

https://youtu.be/nGHh5U5bp50

JustinThyme
01-14-2016, 08:24 PM
One more thing to try.
Load the BIOS onto a usb drive, nothing else just the bios file.
hit f2 at restart, launch ez flash from within the BIOS. Once its lauched it will list the BIOS files that are on the drive on the right side. Select the correct file and proceed.

If you still cant flash then you are partially bricked, return the machine or call for an RMA

Jlieu
01-14-2016, 08:31 PM
I can flash the BIOS finally using :

Bios renamed to .Bin and put in FAT32 Drive
then power off
CTRL + HOME + P button
Bios recovery start

But the problem is still there. still stuck during boot, need to restart several time to enter windows...

Stooo
01-14-2016, 08:36 PM
Check to see how many boot options show. My issue was that a second duplicate was seen after flashing.

JustinThyme
01-14-2016, 10:05 PM
Glad to hear you got your BIOS straight.
Stooo has a point there.
If it was me at this point the drives and everything on both of them are suspect. First thing I would do is once your are in windows is to run the clean command on the spinner. Then shut down and remove it followed by the F9 command and go back to square one factory state with the SM951 256 GB SSD and go from there. If you have wiped the drive then you will need to get all the drivers downloaded first then do a fresh install of windows.

There is an industry term for the state of your machine....FUBAR.
I only hope the other two aren't this messed up.

Julskey
01-14-2016, 11:07 PM
Have you optimized defaults? Optimize defaults may resolve some problems as what some members posted regarding their gsync problem.

Jlieu
01-15-2016, 12:47 AM
I tried everything. Nothing work. I'm sad... i hate rma.. really they are stupid. Oh.. god please ....

JustinThyme
01-15-2016, 01:16 AM
You went back to default bios and default factory SSD image and still have major problems?
If its been less than 30 days the store you got it from should take it back, if not they arent worth doing business with.
Look at the bright side, you have two more to tide you over.

Jlieu
01-15-2016, 01:29 AM
I'm going to RMA it later. Everything stock and still the problem is there.

SO during the first purchase, The ROG logo on boot is huge and ugly, after updating the V-BIOS firmware, its now nice and beauty. Then i proceed to BIos 208 upgrade, install normally and the stuck begin! The stuck begin right after first Bios 208 flash, on the "Automatically reboot after 2 second" ! Then i press P button to force restart.

after this :
Thunderbolt firmware update also cause the whole PC to freeze to death,which have no issues on the another one.

anyway to hard reset the bios? clear all the data in Cmos including stock AMI data. Then Hard re- Flash The 206 maybe will help.

JustinThyme
01-15-2016, 04:24 AM
I think the pressing of the power button during the bios flash didn't help you out any, should not have had to touch a thing. It takes a little bit then you get a reboot and wait a little more the flash screen pops up stating erasing, then writing then verifying then rebooting which takes a little bit.
If you got the bios back and restored everything to the same state it was out of the box it should work, if not then it definitely needs to go back.
If you have already done the thunderbolt firmware update you don't need to do it again. Its not something that is resident in the BIOS or the OS. Same with the V-BIOS.

Jlieu
01-15-2016, 05:33 AM
Unfortunately, i live in a country where asus support is minimum.
Asus refuse to replace or refund for me. Instead, they agree to replace the motherboard for me.
And, it takes weeks or month!!
They never mention about 7 days return, replace policy to me during my purchase.
Yes, only 7 days allowed to exchange. But still no refund.
I really hope i can move to us or canada now.

JustinThyme
01-15-2016, 06:18 AM
I dont think that is ASUS brother. Its not up to the manufacturer to honor point of sale return policies. The online store they run has a 30 return policy. Most retail stores in the US have a 30 day policy, some are longer, some are much longer. There are a few online outlets that wont take it back at all once the box is opened. Where I bought mine I can knock it off the table right now smash it and take it to the nearest warehouse (2 miles from me) and turn it in and they will overnight a new one. That's good for a year. Then the extended the manufacturers warranty to two years. Unfortunately once you get to the point that it has to be sent into service center, no matter what country you are in the process just slowed down tremendously. There are only 5 in the US. Lucky for me if the need arises one of those 5 in NYC is less than an hour from me and I can take it there.

Just an FYI I just ran a full gambit of 3D marks benchmarks. I was curious as to how the machine stacked up against a comparable MSI GT72. All the so called shoot outs that were declaring the MSI a winner was putting it up against a G752VT with a 970M, not exactly apples for apples. The VY is pretty much dead on hardware comparison and as expected the benchmarks were pretty much dead on too. Some the ASUS was just a little ahead and others the MSI was just a little ahead. When I say a little an example would be Firestrike MSI was 8250 and my machine was 8720. But then the MSI inched ahead in the cloudgate by a couple hundred points. Nothing major, and just goes to show that when you match up the same hardware evenly you get about the same results, no matter who name is on the outside. Its still Intel and Nvidia on the inside.

Jlieu
01-15-2016, 06:50 AM
Its Official Local Asus Warranty and Service center, and its the only one. Why i say my local Asus Supports are stupid, after all the explanation for my problem, they say " Have you Turn it off and On again? ". I'm serious, No joke. I almost puked.
Thats why MSI can overtake the market in my country. They can provide replacement and better in services. But their products are cheap, the cooling and design makes me puke once again.

Wanna know my country? The most famous Corruptions, Controlled by Fake Muslims, Use the name of the GOD to own Benefits, Power to control and influences. I'm serious, no joke once again. Americans shouldn't have left us 53 years ago. else we will be brothers.
Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur.

Corporal
01-15-2016, 10:05 AM
Its Official Local Asus Warranty and Service center
Maybe ASUS rep cl_albert can help you with RMA and put pressure on malaysian ASUS division?

Jlieu
01-15-2016, 11:11 AM
That will be Great if possible.

JustinThyme
01-15-2016, 03:01 PM
Malaysia cant be that bad when you can afford to buy 3 of these laptops. Im a well paid electronics engineer for a multibillion $$ international corporation and I cant afford that! Damn teenage kids suck me dry! :p

53 years ago I was crapping in my diapers.:rolleyes:

My 14YO son inherited my G751JY with low miles on it. Well I didn't actually just give it to him. I sold it to him at a very discounted rate. I don't just give my kids anything! That's one of the biggest problems in this world today, over privileged brats that parents throw material possessions and money at and too busy trying to be their friends instead of being their parents! I give them everything they need and some of what they want. When it comes to extravagant things like high end gaming machines, they are going to have to expend some effort to achieve their goals. NILF (Nothing In Life is Free!) They have to work to get an allowance, that's not a gimme either, they get paid by the task when its completed. Granted I took his money and put it into his college fund but he doesn't know that! LOL

Aldaraad
01-16-2016, 10:53 AM
Granted I took his money and put it into his college fund but he doesn't know that! LOL

Sneeky but smart! :)

JustinThyme
01-16-2016, 05:19 PM
Sneeky but smart! :)

Yeah I'm sneaky that way, I have two, he has an older 16 YO sister. Neither of them even know they have a college fund (at this point there is enough there to cover it, had most of it before they were even born). Another of my "sneaky" ploys is they are going to have to figure it out on their own and work hard to get scholarships. My daughter is a Junior in HS and the jock from hell. VB, Track and Lacrosse, lettered in all 3 in her freshman year. She is already being scouted by several Ivy league schools for a full ride for VB and LAX, track is just something she does during the winter. I don't think I have to worry about her. My son is another story at this point but has a few years to wake up yet. Grades are mediocre and has zero interest in sports.

Aldaraad
01-16-2016, 10:27 PM
It is always good to see there is responsible parenting in this world. And it is also good to know there are still some values being passed on - hard work, accountability and responsability.