PDA

View Full Version : Question on re-installing Windows G752VT

Artemys
01-15-2016, 11:30 AM
I just recently got a Asus G752VT and I was looking to upgrade the 128gb SSD it came with. My question is how would I go about getting my Windows installation back after doing so.

woolfman72
01-15-2016, 08:02 PM
I just recently got a Asus G752VT and I was looking to upgrade the 128gb SSD it came with. My question is how would I go about getting my Windows installation back after doing so.
easiest way would be to use an imaging software and just copy the drive .

ROGdemigod
01-16-2016, 08:41 AM
I just made a Windows 10 USB Installer, and installed it, then installed all the drivers afterwards. This is the cleanest way to install windows. Once you install it, windows 10 will be automatically activated once you go online.

Julskey
01-16-2016, 01:08 PM
Before formatting your os drive, it is always a good idea to make backup image of your whole drive before making a clean install so you have something to go back to if your install goes wrong.

JustinThyme
01-16-2016, 04:57 PM
easiest way would be to use an imaging software and just copy the drive .

+1
Use Samsung migration tool or any other cloning tool that works. I have tried them all but had good results with Samsung Data Migration and Acronis True image (not free though).

Then take the original drive and put it away for a rainy day.

All you need to do is install the drive you are upgrading to, boot into windows, open disk manager and initialize the drive then clone it. Depending on what software you use it may or may not automatically re-size the partition to match to full potential of the new drive. If not then no worries. You can merge partitions later.

You can also do as mentioned by other members and do a clean install, only thing is you lose some of the software that you may or may not want and cant download it later. It takes more effort during the initial install then the better part of the day getting all the drivers installed.