PDA

View Full Version : Choppy audio after fresh install on a G752

Pukeolicious
01-17-2016, 02:15 PM
I have reinstalled Windows 10 on my G752 after buying a new M.2 950 Pro. Everything went well once I figured out to get the M.2 working.

My only issue is that video playback and games have artifacts in the audio. At times, while playing games, the artifact is enough to make the video skip. In VLC the audio skips, sometimes enough to miss two or three words. The built in movie player in Win10 works better, but still has artifacts that makes it sound like I am listening to an old record.

This occurs with multiple video files and multiple games and even Youtube.

All drivers were downloaded from Asus and the device manager window is clean without errors. I am using a headset via the analog jacks. I don't have an external monitor to use for testing the Nvidia audio drivers but I have read that others have fixed similar issues by bypassing the Realtek audio and using the Nvidia via an external monitor.

That's great, but it ignores the issue. Everything worked perfectly prior to the fresh install so I don't believe I have a hardware issue.

Has anybody else seen this problem?

Jlieu
01-17-2016, 04:07 PM
DO NOT USE VLC, VLC Break sonic studio.

If you have latest sonic studio, and latest drivers correctly installed. then should have no problem. Make sure you have selected 24Bit 48000Hz format.

Pukeolicious
01-17-2016, 05:16 PM
DO NOT USE VLC, VLC Break sonic studio.

If you have latest sonic studio, and latest drivers correctly installed. then should have no problem. Make sure you have selected 24Bit 48000Hz format.

I don't have Sonic Studio. It isn't part of the downloads for the G752VT, unless I am just missing it?

A new twist just occurred. My system started dragging. My CPU and memory usage were at 50% and the system was pausing every other second for several beats. I started shutting down applications trying to find the one that was overloading the system but none of them released the system as I let them go. I had to reboot. Now the system is running fine like there wasn't an issue.

I set the audio as you suggested and am testing it now.

lendon
02-05-2016, 02:50 PM
I don't have Sonic Studio. It isn't part of the downloads for the G752VT, unless I am just missing it?

A new twist just occurred. My system started dragging. My CPU and memory usage were at 50% and the system was pausing every other second for several beats. I started shutting down applications trying to find the one that was overloading the system but none of them released the system as I let them go. I had to reboot. Now the system is running fine like there wasn't an issue.

I set the audio as you suggested and am testing it now.
Sonic Studio actually didn't in the list of asus offical download!

Sonic Studio Source Program I found in the florder of 『eSupport 』

JustinThyme
02-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Sonic Studio actually didn't in the list of asus offical download!

Sonic Studio Source Program I found in the florder of 『eSupport 』

He did a clean install and doesn't have a folder esupport. This post is actually 3 weeks old and the OP only made these two posts and is gone. My guess is he figured it out. I dont get the advice with VLC player though. Ive run it for years as its the only thing that pretty much plays everything with no problems. Never caused me any sound issues before or now with sonic studio.