PDA

View Full Version : G55vw black screen issue & sound

irie
01-22-2016, 05:55 PM
Hi,

I have a problem at turning on and resetting the laptop. I get a black screen but if I plug in an external monitor i get the picture on that monitor. The same happens with win 8.1 and 10.

Also the subwoofer doesn't work on either of them and in win 10 the sound is very quiet. I have all the latest drivers and updates.

Can anyone help me?

InfernoStorm
01-25-2016, 05:49 AM
So you weren't having these problems before but they recently developed?

Pandur
01-25-2016, 01:34 PM
My laptop does the same thing in Windows 8.1 and 10. Black screen on boot and I have to plug in an external monitor to get picture. But this only happens if I enable secure boot and fast boot. Turn those off and use legacy boot instead and everything works fine. Seems Asus have screwed something up in the UEFI firmware for the G55VWs that came with Windows 8 by default.

irie
01-25-2016, 03:28 PM
My laptop does the same thing in Windows 8.1 and 10. Black screen on boot and I have to plug in an external monitor to get picture. But this only happens if I enable secure boot and fast boot. Turn those off and use legacy boot instead and everything works fine. Seems Asus have screwed something up in the UEFI firmware for the G55VWs that came with Windows 8 by default.

InfernoStorm, the problems started at upgrade from win 8 to 8.1 and 10.

Pandur, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for your help, that did the trick:D . I was also wondering if updating bios would help? Its a shame it takes sooo much time to turn on without fast boot:)

Did you manage to get the subwoofer working? Or do we just have to wait for the right drivers?

Pandur
01-25-2016, 09:40 PM
My subwoofer is working. I used the drivers that are linked in the sticky thread for the G75VW if I remember correctly.

irie
01-28-2016, 02:46 PM
So I tried that driver and the subwoofer seems to be working on the headphones, but on the speakers no. If i choose the redirect headphones option it stops working on both. I give up, maybe I'll try again in a month.
Thanks again for all of your assistance.