PDA

View Full Version : G752 bigger than any TSA allowable bag??

uprisetv
01-23-2016, 08:10 PM
Has anyone successfully travelled in the united states with a G752? Right now it's bigger than my regular (huge) carry on bag. Checking the specs on 18 inch laptop backpacks http://www.amazon.com/Bonvince-Laptop-Backpack-Gamer-Laptops/dp/B012IDOLU6/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

Even those backpacks exceed TSA size regulations.

IF you can't fly with it, it's not portable - and I may as well have gotten a desktop for half the price.

uprisetv
01-23-2016, 10:22 PM
well, tsa has a 14" maximum, and the laptop itself is near 14". If anyone has successfully travelled with one without getting harassed let me know! If not, I've got a g752 to sell! Only 3 days old!

Julskey
01-24-2016, 02:57 AM
I have a g752vt. It also wont fit in the laptop compartment of my 18inch backpack trolley. Well i just put it outside thr compartment. I just put in additional padding at the sides and back. It comes with a strap so the laptop stays secured. If there is a will there is a way. But that tha's just me. Hehehe.

toronto699
01-24-2016, 04:42 AM
The GX700 Suit Case would not Pass TSA carry on limits click on Suitcase image Asus product rep said GX700 Suit Case will be for sale in future and will be a special offer with a GX700 purchase
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9BWSMuPYIMCZFZ6amJRYjZCclE&usp=sharing&tid=0B9BWSMuPYIMCYVJESkZjVDNTeW8

My Sony Beta Cam for TV work is always allowed as carry on in the USA in fact any where ive travelled in the world. Some times we buy a ticket just for the Beta Cam but must sit beside camera. The Beta Cam is a carry on item its longer than the G752 and weighs 28 pounds.

raduque
01-24-2016, 06:54 AM
This just further reinforces my decision to boycott the entire airline industry.

JustinThyme
01-24-2016, 02:54 PM
Don't hate the TSA, Hate the buttfleas that find in necessary to carry on their entire wardrobes and personal items for a 2 week trip and 60 inch big screen tv's to watch in flight. This is an airline restriction that was put in place specifically to cut down on the amount of items carried on. Once upon a time it used to be there was plenty of room in the cabin to store you jacket and a few small carry on items, now people fight to get on first so they can hog up all the space as they refused to check any bags. In the end what you get is overcrowded, and overstuffed compartments that present a safety hazard and and empty baggage hold.

Me, I always found it a PITA to pack my things that tightly let alone drag them though airport and security checkpoints. I was always one to have a laptop bag and thats pretty much it, other than my coat etc. I check the rest at the curb. Its not that inconvenient to wait for your bag at the carousel. In a good airport by the time you deplane and get to the carousel its already turning with bags coming down.

Dont blame the TSA or the airlines. Some can look in the mirror and/or other people who try to carry on the kitchen sink if they want to place blame.