PDA

View Full Version : G752VT Metallic cover feel

Julskey
01-24-2016, 04:24 AM
Hello, this is nothing important but I just want to ask anyway.

When I slide my fingers on the cover of the laptop, it feels like my finger is sticking slightly on the surface and is making a very small vibration as it slides. I was thinking this was due to the material used. But, I noticed now that when the power adaptor is removed, the surface is actually very smooth and there is no vibrating sensation felt on your fingers. The sensation is not like a stinging sensation from electronic equipment without proper grounding. It is much more of a pleasurable sensation, like when running your fingers on textured surface.

Can anybody else confirm this on their G752? Thanks.

ROGdemigod
01-27-2016, 06:34 AM
You might officially be the first person to finger their G752VT, and I can confirm that I am the second, lol! Unfortunately, I didn't get off or feel Amy organic vibes like you did!

Julskey
01-27-2016, 10:45 AM
LOL. Hehehe. Confirmed it on all electronic devices that i have with brushed or anodized aluminum like in my Korg TR 61. Well it's better than static shocks.

JustinThyme
01-28-2016, 01:57 AM
Whoa!
I think you are posting in the wrong forum altogether :p

Jlieu
01-28-2016, 02:16 AM
Hello, this is nothing important but I just want to ask anyway.

When I slide my fingers on the cover of the laptop, it feels like my finger is sticking slightly on the surface and is making a very small vibration as it slides. I was thinking this was due to the material used. But, I noticed now that when the power adaptor is removed, the surface is actually very smooth and there is no vibrating sensation felt on your fingers. The sensation is not like a stinging sensation from electronic equipment without proper grounding. It is much more of a pleasurable sensation, like when running your fingers on textured surface.

Can anybody else confirm this on their G752? Thanks.

I understand. The solutions is Make sure your power supply is Grounded. Change to another socket outlet at your house, or get a better extension socket outlet.

I have similar problem back on 2013 with G750JX, and solved.

Julskey
01-28-2016, 05:27 AM
@Jlieu, thanks. Probably lack of grounding since we don't have third-ground pins in our socket outlets. I think I will add grounding to our wall outlets.

JustinThyme
02-05-2016, 03:35 PM
I think you are more likely experiencing reverse polarity, hot and neutral reversed. Happens all the time, especially in older houses that were built with no code enforcement. There is no ground coming from your brick to the laptop however the negative side is bonded to the chassis and the negative has an isolated bond through capacitors to ground in the brick. All the grounding in the world wont stop the effects of reverse polarity.

Julskey
02-05-2016, 03:52 PM
I think you are more likely experiencing reverse polarity, hot and neutral reversed. Happens all the time, especially in older houses that were built with no code enforcement. There is no ground coming from your brick to the laptop however the negative side is bonded to the chassis and the negative has an isolated bond through capacitors to ground in the brick. All the grounding in the world wont stop the effects of reverse polarity.

Good to know. It is not unpleasant, however, as opposed to slight electric shock from improperly grounded equipment.

JustinThyme
02-05-2016, 04:45 PM
I had the exact same feeling from an ASUS transformer tablet that had no ground prong on its power supply. Simply flip it over and remember that correct polarity is with the ASUS logo facing up on the adaptor. If you are plugging into a non grounded system you must be using an adapter. Simply flip it in the receptacle. My bet is your tingling goes away.