PDA

View Full Version : Rog G752VY BIOS upgrade to 208 version causing slow boot, 206 ok?

JOHATASH
01-24-2016, 03:45 PM
Hi , after upgrading my bios from 206 to 208ver. System load time come very very big, about 90sec.
What can i do, who has the same problem?Help!

sevymar
01-24-2016, 06:17 PM
There are more people with same issue it seems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7nrt3U1WFo

karl6774
01-24-2016, 09:11 PM
206 goes back to the very best

Jlieu
01-25-2016, 01:23 AM
Looks like we have same problem here.

Can OP specific which Version of G752VY you Brought?

G752VY- CG192T
G752VY- DH78K

Above models are infected with such problem. From All the reports around the world.

JOHATASH
01-25-2016, 04:24 AM
looks like we have same problem here.

Can op specific which version of g752vy you brought?

G752vy- cg192t
g752vy- dh78k

above models are infected with such problem. From all the reports around the world.

g752vy-gs162t

karl6774
01-25-2016, 05:46 AM
G752vy-t7003t

Jlieu
01-25-2016, 06:34 AM
So basically all G752VY having the same problem.

karl6774
01-25-2016, 12:04 PM
I 'm back to 206 and now much faster

Jlieu
01-25-2016, 12:50 PM
Yup, still waiting for Updates. Hopefully they fixed the problems.

Asus seems to update other G752 Bios as well recently.

JustinThyme
01-25-2016, 01:18 PM
First things first. When you flash the BIOs its going to default fast boot to off. When you boot spam the f2 key until you get into BIOS then enable fast boot, save and exit. Im running 208 with zero issues. Takes just a second or two longer than 206 to boot but works just fine. Every time Ive seen complaints of long boot times in the minute or more range it was due to fast boot being disabled. There are a few that have reported that when they enable fast boot it resets back to disabled and a few that have bricked their machines from impatience. Once you start a BIOS flash, leave the machine alone until its done.

Jlieu
01-25-2016, 02:13 PM
First things first. When you flash the BIOs its going to default fast boot to off. When you boot spam the f2 key until you get into BIOS then enable fast boot, save and exit. Im running 208 with zero issues. Takes just a second or two longer than 206 to boot but works just fine. Every time Ive seen complaints of long boot times in the minute or more range it was due to fast boot being disabled. There are a few that have reported that when they enable fast boot it resets back to disabled and a few that have bricked their machines from impatience. Once you start a BIOS flash, leave the machine alone until its done.

As i said, we tried. Now My friend we have 16 G752VY with friends and colleagues HAVING the same problem. The FASTBOOT CANNOT BE ENABLED, CANNOT. It will AUTOMATICALLY disabled after SAVE AND EXIT.

NOW i'm curious,We follow proper professional method of Winflash and proper bios files , proper way, proper time duration for the flash to get the code written done until automatically reboot.

The problem as in the video shown.

JustinThyme
01-25-2016, 02:47 PM
As i said, we tried. Now My friend we have 16 G752VY with friends and colleagues HAVING the same problem. The FASTBOOT CANNOT BE ENABLED, CANNOT. It will AUTOMATICALLY disabled after SAVE AND EXIT.

NOW i'm curious,We follow proper professional method of Winflash and proper bios files , proper way, proper time duration for the flash to get the code written done until automatically reboot.

The problem as in the video shown.

And whats your point?

You said you have problems, I said I don't. 16? Did you use common core math to come up with that number? You are the ONLY one that posted that it locked on fast boot disabled and subsequently bricked it and had to send that one out for RMA. You are also the ONLY one who can afford 3 of these machines. Other than that there have only been a 3 or 4 posting of the issue. One came in was told to enable fast boot and hasn't posted since. Please don't try to turn this into another of your childish ASUS bashing threads. Id just as soon those posts slowly drift out of public view to save you further embarrassment. Im tired of seeing you post the same video of a machine you bricked and had to send out for RMA. I posted one to show the contrary.

There are far more machines out there that are not posting here. People generally go on with their happy lives and you never hear from them unless there are problems.

In the meantime, my advice to the OP remains the same, check that fast boot is enabled as 100% of the time if WILL default to disabled and you have to go back in and enable it. If you still have problems after that then there are alreadys posts about how to revert back to 206, if you have issues with rolling back feel free to PM me and Ill help you out.

Jlieu
01-25-2016, 02:57 PM
YES 16 units of G752VY together with my friends and colleagues !!!!!!!!!

POINT IS, PROBLEMS IS THERE! NO SOLUTIONS

I'm bashing?? I'm fking fans who cares too much about asus!!

you don't have problems and din't help at all, then shut the fyouseeK up. No one will come back, that's why no one is posting. I din't FK up! the problem is there. you want me to invite them all to post here? Nobody have time to care that much.

JustinThyme
01-25-2016, 03:04 PM
There are more people with same issue it seems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7nrt3U1WFo

and some without

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obq-vJfAVPc

Jlieu
01-25-2016, 03:05 PM
OK, great, congrats and happy for them.

I have zenfone 2, transformer tablet, a desktop with quad SLI asus strix GTX980 , Maximus VII RANGER, Strix pro 7.1 , ROG Gladius , SICA, and a fking $99 mouspad. for years i supports, for years i expect something from asus, i die trying, keep the faith and continue buying and testing.

Notebook start from G750JX, G750JZ, G751JY, NOW G752VY. first screen bleeding problem then i purchase another one. then purchase another one again for my girls.
i'm bashing? I participate any 80% of all asus event and won nothing, i joined CHARITY FREE Services for my universities asus notebook services for years, i help friends on purchase on asus accessories and products downtown. i always suggest and recommend friends on Asus for years.

I'm bashing? I waited 2 month for my RMA on first G750JX due to burned GPU, I RMA G751JY for 4 times due to DEAD problem and many i don't even wanna talk about anymore. For your info, Asus service center in my country are operated by 18 years old boy and girls who know nothing about "Computer".

JustinThyme
01-25-2016, 03:09 PM
YES 16 units of G752VY together with my friends and colleagues !!!!!!!!!

POINT IS, PROBLEMS IS THERE! NO SOLUTIONS

I'm bashing?? I'm fking fans who cares too much about asus!!

you don't have problems and din't help at all, then shut the fyouseeK up. No one will come back, that's why no one is posting. I din't FK up! the problem is there. you want me to invite them all to post here? Nobody have time to care that much.

Thank you for proving your obvious immaturity and causing yourself further embarrassment. As I've told you before, if you dont like ASUS quit bashing them and buying and get yourself a Dell. If you know 16 people who have the same problem, please do invite them to post here.

Jlieu
01-25-2016, 03:23 PM
Great, so thats why asus never improve. because they have people like you who never understand others. Same type animals, who just blame others and secure your own laws and never understand.

The most embarrassing and award moment, when all my friends bashing and complain on the products that i suggest [ G752VY ] during lan party and i'm the only lonely fan who ( seems to ) be blamed. you never understand how much i bleed inside.

Reference :
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?47781-Worst-Warranty-experience-ever!!-Don-t-buy-any-Asus-products!!
http://www.nkkhoo.com/2011/12/30/five-reasons-you-should-not-buy-asus-products-dont-tell-me-i-do-not-warn-you/
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3420962/all
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2639974/all

JustinThyme
01-25-2016, 03:28 PM
Here we go again...........................
Im going to leave this alone, my guess is you will have an ASUS bashing party with yourself.

Jlieu
01-25-2016, 03:30 PM
Thanks for accompany me in the party. You still think i'm joking while i'm crying writing this. Bye.

JOHATASH
01-25-2016, 04:16 PM
And whats your point?

You said you have problems, I said I don't. 16? Did you use common core math to come up with that number? You are the ONLY one that posted that it locked on fast boot disabled and subsequently bricked it and had to send that one out for RMA. You are also the ONLY one who can afford 3 of these machines. Other than that there have only been a 3 or 4 posting of the issue. One came in was told to enable fast boot and hasn't posted since. Please don't try to turn this into another of your childish ASUS bashing threads. Id just as soon those posts slowly drift out of public view to save you further embarrassment. Im tired of seeing you post the same video of a machine you bricked and had to send out for RMA. I posted one to show the contrary.

There are far more machines out there that are not posting here. People generally go on with their happy lives and you never hear from them unless there are problems.

In the meantime, my advice to the OP remains the same, check that fast boot is enabled as 100% of the time if WILL default to disabled and you have to go back in and enable it. If you still have problems after that then there are alreadys posts about how to revert back to 206, if you have issues with rolling back feel free to PM me and Ill help you out.

Same problem...
The FASTBOOT CANNOT BE ENABLED. It will AUTOMATICALLY disabled after SAVE AND EXIT.

JOHATASH
01-25-2016, 04:28 PM
By the way, I wrote in service http://www.asus.com/ru/supportonly/ROG_G752VY/HelpDesk_Download/ and now they are disabled
the download section bios. probably checking out.

Jlieu
01-26-2016, 01:45 AM
Do not update BIOS now, For any G752VY users. Wait for the official notice and release. It is now removed. But still can be found under "Other" in operating system drop-down.

JustinThyme
01-26-2016, 01:57 AM
By the way, I wrote in service http://www.asus.com/ru/supportonly/ROG_G752VY/HelpDesk_Download/ and now they are disabled
the download section bios. probably checking out.

They simply moved them, not removed as suggested by the conspiracy theory, they are still there. A little Website rework. For whatever reason they did this to every one of they models they moved the Bios, EMI and manuals to "Other" OS in the download tab. Most likely a coding error during the obvious update to a new web design. There will be no official notice to any new release, if there is one anytime soon. There has never been any official notice before for bios updates, dont see them starting it now.

JustinThyme
01-26-2016, 02:05 AM
Same problem...
The FASTBOOT CANNOT BE ENABLED. It will AUTOMATICALLY disabled after SAVE AND EXIT.

Have you been able to roll back to 206 OK?

Jlieu
01-26-2016, 02:24 AM
Rolling back to 206 , everything works perfect. So now will stick to 206.

Confirmed.

JustinThyme
01-26-2016, 03:12 AM
I was asking if JOHATASH was successful with the resources already posted of if he needed assistance. I was under the impression from your other posts that you only flashed one of your 3 G752VY machines and it bricked in the end and went back for RMA but you still had two more that worked fine and didn't change them.

JOHATASH
01-26-2016, 07:25 AM
Have you been able to roll back to 206 OK?

no, working with 208.

JOHATASH
01-26-2016, 07:42 AM
They simply moved them, not removed as suggested by the conspiracy theory, they are still there. A little Website rework. For whatever reason they did this to every one of they models they moved the Bios, EMI and manuals to "Other" OS in the download tab. Most likely a coding error during the obvious update to a new web design. There will be no official notice to any new release, if there is one anytime soon. There has never been any official notice before for bios updates, dont see them starting it now.

True :( :(:(:(

JustinThyme
01-26-2016, 01:25 PM
no, working with 208.

I rolled back and forth several times and unable to recreate any problems other than the seeing fast boot set to disable after flashing in either direction it works fine when set to enable then save and exit.

If you want to try to roll back
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81854-ASUS-G752VY-Slow-start-Problem&p=564350&viewfull=1#post564350

I'm a bit curious as to your exact model numbers. Myself and MrRuckus are running the DH72 with no problems. Sevymar confirms good on two GC067T

For anyone peeking in with a G752VY can you please post up what model and region you are in, what BIOS you are running and what results you are getting as well as any modifications you have made from factory as in hard drives, SSD upgrade, Memory changes, hacked graphics drivers etc even windows verison. Any change from factory.

Me
North America, US DH72 BIOS 208 NO PROBLEMS
Samsung drives 950 Pro 512GB, 850 EVO 1 TB
OS upgraded to Win10 PRO
All drivers latest versions as of today, Thunderbolt and Graphics firmware updated.

The firmware on the Thundebolt and graphics only needs to be done once! Ive read more than once of people fowling up their OS messing with things they should not then after doing a clean install attempting this again.

JOHATASH
01-26-2016, 03:26 PM
Asia, Kazakhstan GS162T BIOS 208 problem fast boot not enable
NVMe SAMSUNG MZVLV128 (128 GB)
HGST HTS721010A9E630 (1TB)
OS upgraded Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language ver-10.0.10586.63 (Win10 TH2)
All drivers latest versions as of today, Thunderbolt and Graphics firmware updated.

JustinThyme
01-27-2016, 05:32 PM
Im thinking this is 100% hardware related. Different regions get different hardware. I changed memory sticks out with Gskill 64GB kit 2800Mhz part number F4-2800C18Q-64GRS with a Jan 2016 date code on the sticks. Immediately went to fast boot disabled and it stayed that way, changing it did nothing. Could not roll back either with the new sticks in. Ended up in a mess, complete tear down to remove CMOS battery to reset. Would still not roll back stuck on 208 with all sorts of weird issues. Put original memory sticks back in and it went straight back to where it was working perfectly with BIOS 208. Rolled it back to 206 using cmd prompt no date trick without a hitch. More about it in the fastest memory thread.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?82247-G752-(fastest)-memory-upgrade

Jlieu
01-28-2016, 02:12 AM
Asia, Kazakhstan GS162T BIOS 208 problem fast boot not enable
NVMe SAMSUNG MZVLV128 (128 GB)
HGST HTS721010A9E630 (1TB)
OS upgraded Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language ver-10.0.10586.63 (Win10 TH2)

I found solution for slow boot problem after investigation with friends. Temporary solutions.
Don't unplug or turn off power supply, Then slow start problem solved. On Bios 208, 2 second start, on Bios 206, Much faster.
If you unplug power cord, next time will be 20 second before start.

pigulici
01-28-2016, 07:03 AM
I did updatet mine, to 208(and vga bios, and thunderbolt), I did not see much difference, instead of 4-5s on 206, now I have 6-7s on 208, but mine was come with only hdd, I swaped with a regular ssd and disabled uefi/fast boot in bios+a clean install of win 10...also, only drivers from asus are installed, if matter...

Sanctrum
01-28-2016, 07:50 AM
I wonder why all of you are upgrading BIOS, actually? Description says that 208 is "Update IRST". If that means Intel® Rapid Storage Technology... so maybe it has been borken rather than fixed?

JOHATASH
01-28-2016, 03:25 PM
I found solution for slow boot problem after investigation with friends. Temporary solutions.
Don't unplug or turn off power supply, Then slow start problem solved. On Bios 208, 2 second start, on Bios 206, Much faster.
If you unplug power cord, next time will be 20 second before start.

It is true, but in my laptop it has 206 --7.4sec 208--24sec as you see it too slow than in your case/

JOHATASH
01-28-2016, 03:26 PM
I wonder why all of you are upgrading BIOS, actually? Description says that 208 is "Update IRST". If that means Intel® Rapid Storage Technology... so maybe it has been borken rather than fixed?

Why you think they are broken?

JOHATASH
01-28-2016, 03:31 PM
[QUOTE=JustinThyme;569596]Im thinking this is 100% hardware related. Different regions get different hardware. I changed memory sticks out with Gskill 64GB kit 2800Mhz part number F4-2800C18Q-64GRS with a Jan 2016 date code on the sticks. Immediately went to fast boot disabled and it stayed that way, changing it did nothing. Could not roll back either with the new sticks in. Ended up in a mess, complete tear down to remove CMOS battery to reset. Would still not roll back stuck on 208 with all sorts of weird issues. Put original memory sticks back in and it went straight back to where it was working perfectly with BIOS 208. Rolled it back to 206 using cmd prompt no date trick without a hitch. More about it in the fastest memory thread.

agree with you

JustinThyme
01-29-2016, 02:27 AM
At least hardware had me joining the rest with problems. Just changing the memory put me in the same boat. Going back to the stock memory and All was good again like pigulici posted, just add a couple of seconds to the boot time going to 208. I got the slow start with the power cord plugged in Jason. it stays plugged in most of the time. If I unplug it there is no change. Going back to stock memory put me back in the OK category again.

pigulici
01-29-2016, 06:18 AM
Mine come with 8gb(samsung), I just bought 2x8 ddr4, but with same cas/ras(corsair), in a couple of days I will get it, wonder if it will work, after all I read here...

Jlieu
01-29-2016, 06:44 AM
So basically everyone have different experience here. For me, stock ram ( skhynix) and Kingston 2400 hyperx impact, same problem. But if i dint unplug, everytime i turn on pc will boot normal, start with normal speed.

Already imformed them from local asus service center, the representative did contact asus.
But looks like the problem cannot be solved easily, hardware related. Not even bios can solve. Will wait for G753, and test before buy next time. I can now get 7 days return and exchange with my local supplier.

JustinThyme
01-29-2016, 03:35 PM
Mine come with 8gb(samsung), I just bought 2x8 ddr4, but with same cas/ras(corsair), in a couple of days I will get it, wonder if it will work, after all I read here...

If you go to having problems it will go to further suggest hardware compatibility problems issues.

Jason. Sorry friend but I cant follow you. You posted up that you changed all of your ram to 4 sticks of Kingston Hyperex 2400Mhz, Now that is different? To try and make a method to the madness information provided has to be accurate. I really am trying to follow you and what you are doing and when but find it impossible for my obviously limited mental capacity. Ive lost just how many of these machines you have, and how many are out for RMA and whether you are talking about one of 3 you have posted you bought or someone elses. Makes my head hurt and that is no easy task.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?82247-G752-(fastest)-memory-upgrade&p=567846&viewfull=1#post567846

The power adapter was never unplugged on mine when started with problems. Changed Ram problems start, put back original, problems stopped. So long as I had even two sticks of the Gskill in I had the slow boot and inability to change to fast boot and inability to roll back to 206. Put original back with never having unplugged the power adaptor and it was like nothing had ever happened instantly.

JOHATASH
01-29-2016, 03:39 PM
I got in stock 2x Samsung M471A1G43DB0-CPB 2133MHz 8GB DDR4 SODIMM

Jlieu
01-29-2016, 04:12 PM
55150 I upgraded 2 G752VY with each 32GB RAM, another G752VY in RMA, For Asus Service representative investigation for the BUG that i REPORTED.
@justintime
You cannot understand English? That's your problem not mine. I just share one possible temporary solutions. You brick your own G752VY not mine. I have more than 6 years Experience on services and 0 record of Bricking any device.

I successful changed the RAM in clean room lab with anti-static tools. Up and running with no different condition than stock condition. only speed improvement with faster RAM. That's it! End your hates on people, try to understand before voice out your stupidity.

MrRuckus
01-29-2016, 06:38 PM
Man, you guys gotta take it easy. No need to get all upset at each other. I would guess the different model numbers have something to do with it.

On second thought..
(208 is new to me as of last night, so haven't had a lot of time with it)
It looks like my G752VY-DH72 is doing the same thing. I went into the Bios, noticed fast boot is disabled, figured it was because I applied 208 last nnight. Enabled it, rebooted. Had windows shutdown, went back into the Bios, Fastboot is disabled again. Re-enabled, this time chose "Save Changes" to make sure it saves, then "Save Changes and Exit", reboot, back into the Bios, its disabled again. Renabled, saved reboot, when into windows, rebooted, went in Bios, disabled again.

So it seems its also not taking the save for me either. Boot times though dont seem to be changed for me. The boot time is still the same which is the ROG logo appears, I get one turn of the boot wheel, and windows loads. This is the exact same behavior I would have with fast boot enabled on 206. So Im not sure its not disabled, just may be showing disabled in the Bios?

Either way, not having a lot of confidence with 208, haha. I havent tried any gaming sessions with it. That may come sometime this weekend. We'll see how it does.

JustinThyme
01-29-2016, 09:08 PM
MrRuckus, thanks for you input on this. Yes I do believe the fact that they use different hardware in different regions has some effect and what I was posting about trying to prove or disprove and believe it has Zero to do with the power supply being plugged in or not. For giggles and just because I've seen weirder things in my 30+ years in electronics engineering that make no sense I tried that the power supply thing and it had zero effect.

Someone who doesn't want to give it a second thought did replace the memory and experiences issues after. I take those posts with a grain of salt and give little merit to them, I just hope I don't get sued because of it!:rolleyes:

Do you know what memory is in your machine by any chance? Looking to see if you have a hardware profile different from mine, shouldnt be but you never know.

As of now mine is stock except for the 512GB 950 pro and Samnsung 1TB 850 EVO. Memory sticks RMA'd to the egg and no bios issue whatsoever again.

MrRuckus
01-29-2016, 11:00 PM
Sure, here you go. Curious myself to see if they are the same.

MrRuckus
01-29-2016, 11:03 PM
Err. More info actually selecting a module.

JustinThyme
01-29-2016, 11:32 PM
Yep, same exact memory sticks I have and currently no problems with BIOS 208. This makes less and less sense with every post. You introduced yet another scenario with no marked change in boot times but the fast boot shows disabled.
My fast boot is enabled and I can disable it if I want which gives me a longer boot time by about 20 seconds. Enabled its just a couple of seconds longer.

If nothing else I think its pretty conclusive that the 208 BIOS isn't 100% friendly to everyone.

Another thing our of curiosity is did you use win-flash or the smart flash in the BIOS?

MrRuckus
01-30-2016, 12:19 AM
I used Winflash, which reboots you into a Smartflash like enviroment and does the flash outside of windows.

JustinThyme
01-30-2016, 02:46 AM
I've done it both ways. The only difference is when launched from the bios the file has to be on a usb and could not do a backwards flash when launched from BIOS

dookooo
01-30-2016, 01:50 PM
"Thumbs up" Jlieu ;)

KCurtis
02-04-2016, 03:35 PM
I also just purchased the ROG G752VY and it came with BIOS Version 208. I would go in the BIOS and change it to fast boot and it would not save the settings. The laptop would take about 1 min just to get the screen to show up the ROG Icon. I flashed it to BIOS 206 and I get to the login screen in about 10 to 15 sec.

The flash software will not let you go back by default. You will need to run a command line first /nodate before you can do this.

Click on the windows button and type cmd, when you see the program come up right mouse on it and click run as Administrator
Now in Windows File Explorer go to C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\WinFlash
Hold down the left shift key and right mouse on the Application WindFlash and click on copy as path
Right mouse on the command window and it will paste the path and the application
at the end of the link put a space and type /nodate should look like this
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\WinFlash\WinFlash.exe" /nodate
hit enter and it will run the application and you can now go from 208 to 206.

I have not tried to go back to 208 to see if it would now work and keep the setting fast boot yet or if it is a conflict with some of the laptops.

In anyway I am super happy with the system now and also happy that I don't need to do a RMA to have them fix the unit.

JustinThyme
02-04-2016, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the info, the roll back has already been covered several times, twice in this thread.

JohnnyApp
02-06-2016, 08:22 AM
My first post -
After updating the bios on my newish Rog G752VY, I have a serious start-up issue. It's black screen start-up now, and you can hear the low noise of fans idling and the hdd running, but the only way of getting the screen to work is to hard-reboot SEVERAL TIMES using the on/off button. Then I saw the post in this thread by KCurtis so I followed his simple instructions very carefully, 3 times, but no go - (BTW, like KCurtis, when I look at my BIOS I see that fast boot, which I enable, goes back to "disabled", time after time.)

It SEEMS that Asus or MS has disabled the validity of the "nodate" command as a way to roll back to the original bios since KCurtis posted.

I'm so happy for KCurtis when I reread his message so I tried 3 more times in search of the same Eldorado, and made 3 screenshots showing the 3 windows pop-up messages The last screen capture shows this message at the bottom of the third pop-up message:
"The BIOS file is older than your current BIOS version".

JustinThyme
02-06-2016, 10:28 AM
My first post -
After updating the bios on my newish Rog G752VY, I have a serious start-up issue. It's black screen start-up now, and you can hear the low noise of fans idling and the hdd running, but the only way of getting the screen to work is to hard-reboot SEVERAL TIMES using the on/off button. Then I saw the post in this thread by KCurtis so I followed his simple instructions very carefully, 3 times, but no go - (BTW, like KCurtis, when I look at my BIOS I see that fast boot, which I enable, goes back to "disabled", time after time.)

It SEEMS that Asus or MS has disabled the validity of the "nodate" command as a way to roll back to the original bios since KCurtis posted.

I'm so happy for KCurtis when I reread his message so I tried 3 more times in search of the same Eldorado, and made 3 screenshots showing the 3 windows pop-up messages The last screen capture shows this message at the bottom of the third pop-up message:
"The BIOS file is older than your current BIOS version".

Welcome to the forum.
Did you try the no date command exactly as described here? Done this multiple times without issue. You must right click on command prompt and run as administrator then follow the directions in yellow in the below post. If you want you can just highlight the words in red right right click copy then paste into the CMD line with CTRL+V and press enter.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81854-ASUS-G752VY-Slow-start-Problem&p=564350&viewfull=1#post564350

JohnnyApp
02-06-2016, 03:03 PM
Welcome to the forum.
Did you try the no date command exactly as described here? Done this multiple times without issue. You must right click on command prompt and run as administrator then follow the directions in yellow in the below post. If you want you can just highlight the words in red right right click copy then paste into the CMD line with CTRL+V and press enter.

Hi JustinThyme, and thanks a lot for the quick reply.
Yes in fact, I finally succeeded in rolling back to 206, but unfortunately my problem is not the same as the one KCurtis had. It comes from something else because starting up is also very difficult with bios 206. Sometimes I even have to do the hard reboot 4 or 5 times before I finally see my windows welcome screen.

I really hope I can find a solution and not be obliged to send it back because I have urgent work in HD video editing right NOW, and I already sold my MSI which I used to do for such jobs, in order to have enough $ to buy this monster, which renders my video at least 5 times as fast as my MSI which was also an i7 but relatively modest otherwise.

I really don't know where to start, so I'm going to research this forum, and then other places (?) from top to bottom before giving up. I really wouldn't care if it were simply a slow start (although even that would be ridiculous for this machine i7, 6700HQ, 512 Gb NVMe SSD, 32 GB RAM, etc). The problem is that I am already killing the 1 To HDD little by little with all these hard boots to get started. Sooner or later it will have disk errors that can't be repaired with a chkdsk. Come to think of it, I think I will disconnect it until the problem is resolved.

JustinThyme
02-06-2016, 05:01 PM
You could be having drivers hanging up. Now that you are back to 206 I would do a complete reset to factory state. While a pain and it takes a while it will get you back to square one and rule out any hardware problems.

JohnnyApp
02-07-2016, 03:33 PM
Thanks a lot. I was afraid you were going to say that but that's what I am doing right now.

JustinThyme
02-07-2016, 04:46 PM
Thanks a lot. I was afraid you were going to say that but that's what I am doing right now.

You are not alone. Another member had similar issues a week or two ago and after the reset everything went back to working correctly. I know its a PITA but many years of experience as taught me that often its easier to back up and start again than to spend weeks or months trying to figure out exactly which out of 10 million operations a lines of code is causing the issues. If you start at square one and the problem persists you at least know that its nothing you've done or installed that cause the problem.

KCurtis
02-11-2016, 08:26 PM
Computer have gotten easier than when they first came out but still not every fix is the same or will have the same out come for each computer/user. This is a great forum with lots of information good user feedback and responses. When I did the rollback on my system it went from 1min or more to 10sec bootup. I was lucky to not have any drive or OS problems after.

I just want to thanks JustinThyme and others that post in here.

JOHATASH
02-13-2016, 02:09 PM
Computer have gotten easier than when they first came out but still not every fix is the same or will have the same out come for each computer/user. This is a great forum with lots of information good user feedback and responses. When I did the rollback on my system it went from 1min or more to 10sec bootup. I was lucky to not have any drive or OS problems after.

I just want to thanks JustinThyme and others that post in here.

not at all bro)

Otot
02-15-2016, 01:25 PM
New BIOS 211 for the G752VY out
http://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/833/0/3/6S3ctFvXVIePKB4o/45/

pigulici
02-15-2016, 01:33 PM
Not sure I understand what do the new one...

JustinThyme
02-15-2016, 01:42 PM
Wrong link, its under the "Other OS" drop down. Thanks for the heads up, been watching for this.

Nice notes although a bit vague they look to promise a surprise.

\\ BIOS 211
"Please install OS by USB drive or external USB optical disc drive. Do not use internal SATA optical disc drive.

Please install Intel IRST driver 14.6.3.1032 before crate RAID 0 volume."

http://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/833/0/3/6S3ctFvXVIePKB4o/8/

JOHATASH
02-16-2016, 07:14 AM
Wrong link, its under the "Other OS" drop down. Thanks for the heads up, been watching for this.

Nice notes although a bit vague they look to promise a surprise.

\\ BIOS 211
"Please install OS by USB drive or external USB optical disc drive. Do not use internal SATA optical disc drive.

Please install Intel IRST driver 14.6.3.1032 before crate RAID 0 volume."

http://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/833/0/3/6S3ctFvXVIePKB4o/8/

What about boot time bro? how many seconds?

MrMean
02-18-2016, 09:53 PM
The BIOS update 211 seems to work at fixing the issue of not holding the rapid start settings upon reboot. However, the system seems to stutter a little bit during post. Not sure yet if that will turn out to be a problem or if it is just the way it posts. Also noticed it added a selection to authorize the system to use RAID 0 on the drives. Would prefer RAID 1 but maybe in a future BIOS update. :)

FYI.... Boot time is about 10 sec. and I used the Windows based flash utility from Asus. Worked just fine for me.

ASUS ROG G752VY-DH78K
i7-6820HK 2.7GHz
64 GB DDR4
GTX 980M with 8GB
1TB 7200RPM + 2 x 256GB SSD (PCIEG3x4)

MrMean
03-08-2016, 02:59 PM
The BIOS update 211 seems to work at fixing the issue of not holding the rapid start settings upon reboot. However, the system seems to stutter a little bit during post. Not sure yet if that will turn out to be a problem or if it is just the way it posts. Also noticed it added a selection to authorize the system to use RAID 0 on the drives. Would prefer RAID 1 but maybe in a future BIOS update. :)

FYI.... Boot time is about 10 sec. and I used the Windows based flash utility from Asus. Worked just fine for me.

ASUS ROG G752VY-DH78K
i7-6820HK 2.7GHz
64 GB DDR4
GTX 980M with 8GB
1TB 7200RPM + 2 x 256GB SSD (PCIEG3x4)

Apparently the fix is short lived. Worked for about a week and now it is shutting "Fast Boot" off in the BIOS again. Starting to wonder if this is a physical issue with the CMOS chip rather than a software/firmware issue in the BIOS.

ASUS, FIX THIS ISSUE OR AT LEAST HAVE THE BALLS TO COME OUT AND LET PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!!! IS THIS GOING TO BE A PERMANENT ISSUE THAT CANNOT BE FIXED?!

So frustrating!!

ROG_HARDCORE
03-08-2016, 04:17 PM
Welcome to G752VY family, we all have the same issues. But why Bios 206 can work well? (with some bug of course )

This is what i get when contact using email, call, facebook, ... all short of possible way.

one of the responds :

"
We just recently released Bios version 211 with your points in mind. ACHI mode should be able to be enabled now. Fastboot has a problem when in OC mode and we currently don't allow to turn off the USB charger. Perhaps in a newer version of BIOS, some of these can be fixed. Thank you for brining this up!

ROG Global Team"

that it. we need to wait.

MrMean
03-08-2016, 04:59 PM
Welcome to G752VY family, we all have the same issues. But why Bios 206 can work well? (with some bug of course )

This is what i get when contact using email, call, facebook, ... all short of possible way.

one of the responds :

"
We just recently released Bios version 211 with your points in mind. ACHI mode should be able to be enabled now. Fastboot has a problem when in OC mode and we currently don't allow to turn off the USB charger. Perhaps in a newer version of BIOS, some of these can be fixed. Thank you for brining this up!

ROG Global Team"

that it. we need to wait.

Only 1 problem. I am not in OC mode and Fastboot still turns off upon reboot. Typical Asus support BS! I bought (and still have) the first itteration of their ROG 17" laptop. Great laptop except for a couple small issues here and there. However, I swore up and down I would NEVER buy another Asus product again because their support wa hands down the worst I had EVER worked with!!! Even with simple little items. However, I had heard they got another support company to come in and take over. So I figured well, maybe it will be better and because when I was in the market I was not happy with the other two laptops I was looking at (MSI Titan and Alienware). So I ended up giving in and buying another Asus even though I knew better than trust them again. I guess I should have stuck witth my guns and never bought another Asus laptop. This is pathetic. I just spent $3500 on their absolute top of the line laptop fully loaded and this is the bull$hit we are all dealing with. I wish so badly I could just return this thing and get my money back!!!

ROG_HARDCORE
03-09-2016, 01:22 AM
I dont understand what OC mode actually, well. people are leaving and getting:
ACER predator 17 ( cheaper, GTX980m 8GB, 256GB m.2 SSD, i7 6700HQ ) Same price with G752VY ( GTX980m 4GB, 128GB m.2 ssd, i7 6700HQ )
Because ASUS FAILED in providing good USER Experience which include after sales services and Quality controls. ( The most important aspect in every products)
Their Business management team must be powered by some 16 years old boys and girls.

MrMean
03-09-2016, 02:24 PM
Yeah, it really is a shame. The quality of their product is top notch. Highest overall quality in the business. But like all man made products there are always going to be little things that need attention or replacement. No matter how good the quality is. However, after purchase customer service sucks. I'm not sure if it is a cultural thing over in Taiwan/China or if they are really just that arrogant that they don't feel they should care about their clients after the purchase. I actually went so far as to talk with the guy who "claimed" to be the head of support/warranty services for North America (which I still don't believe he was telling the truth). He was a smug prick! It's a really good thing he was able to hide behind the phone cause if I had seen him in person I would be in prison right now and he would still be laid out in traction in the hospital!

Oh well. I should have known better this time around after what I had to deal with in my first laptop. So this time it is totally on me. Can't blame them at this point! Guaranteed I will NEVER make this mistake again!

theGOAT
03-14-2016, 04:35 PM
i have this issue as well, still no fix?

ROG_HARDCORE
03-15-2016, 12:47 PM
No FIX, Very unfortunate. This is from ASUS service center, " Just live with it " or live long enough to see new bios update. Asus probably will recall All G752VY, if they actually care about us.

Next time, Try before buy. Return the device within 7 or 30 days of purchase( depends on region). Don't wait for fix.

JustinThyme
03-15-2016, 08:59 PM
They are not going to recall the G752VY, nothing wrong with it. Works great.
Whats the problem, are we still fuming over a few extra seconds to get to the log in screen and calling that broken?

MrMean
03-16-2016, 01:33 PM
They are not going to recall the G752VY, nothing wrong with it. Works great.
Whats the problem, are we still fuming over a few extra seconds to get to the log in screen and calling that broken?

Actually, there is something wrong with it. The fact pieces of it don't work is a problem. Maybe you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and have nothing better to do than throw money around frivolously but I don't! I paid $3.5k for the flag ship model. The absolute best they had. If they can't even get the BIOS working correctly that is a serious issue! I couldn't care less if it takes 2 seconds to boot or 2 minutes! Point is it is broken. The fast boot issue is only the the surface issue. The issue that is easy for any noob to see. However, if that problem is visible then more than likely there are other underlying issues that the typical layman isn't going to see. Things such as components not being optimized to work to their full potential or not working correctly at all. As I stated before ina previous post. I have noticed stuttering during the laptop posting. Specifically during the internal testing. This is a sign of the testing comands not working correctly (which may be why the fast boot reverts back). This has the potential to be a very large problem. Not that you care. Cause apparently you have enough bank roll to just buy another whenever you wish. But for the rest of us spending our hard earned money this is a serious problem and the way Asus has treated it thus far is absolutely appalling!! If I wanted something that wasn't working 100% I would have bought a lower model from somewhere else and saved myself between $2k and $1.5k. Money that I work extremely hard for and don't have nearly enough of. So pi$$ing away that kind of coin on an inferior product is plain and simply unacceptable, PERIOD! Asus needs to get off their arrogant a$$es and get this issue rectified immediately!

So do us all a favor. If you don't have anything constructive to say that can actually be of some help fixing the issue or assist at bringing the frustrations of the clientele to Asus's attention (to hopefully prompt them to actually do something about it), then keep your ignorant and uneducated comments to yourself. They aren't helpful and only serve to give reason to asus not to fix the problem(s) at hand!

nab
03-16-2016, 03:40 PM
Just wondering, for the users who have this boot problem
Can you tell me exactly how much time it exactly take between you press the power button and the Asus logo show up ?
There is different UEFI step (Init, modules, hardware, etc...) it can take longer because of the number of stuff that need to be trigger before boot.
UEFI implementation is bad in general (every brand is touched by that anyway, even more with new level of implementation) each time
you add new module, you push the boot time.

Let's try something. Can you take a picture of the bios settings (boot part) also advanced settings, we can play with certain settings
to help have a better boot time.

MrMean
03-16-2016, 04:09 PM
It depends on the exact model. The BIOS is basically a bunch of instructions and tests. The instructions is how your computer knows how to detect/use the various components internally to your system. So depending on the particular model there will be more/less components it needs to recognize. The tests are a series of checks that the system does to various components during "Post" or booting. "Fast Boot" turns off some of these tests and only leaves the most critical ones. So if like me you have the model with all the bells and whistles, a large amount of memory, etc. then "post" takes slightly longer and if you have the cheaper model with only 8GB of memory and less internal components then it should take slightly less time. The biggest problem in answering your question however is the fact Asus still has not fixed the BIOS. So depending on what the REAL issue is with them it will directly affect your post time.

nab
03-16-2016, 04:56 PM
It depends on the exact model. The BIOS is basically a bunch of instructions and tests. The instructions is how your computer knows how to detect/use the various components internally to your system. So depending on the particular model there will be more/less components it needs to recognize. The tests are a series of checks that the system does to various components during "Post" or booting. "Fast Boot" turns off some of these tests and only leaves the most critical ones. So if like me you have the model with all the bells and whistles, a large amount of memory, etc. then "post" takes slightly longer and if you have the cheaper model with only 8GB of memory and less internal components then it should take slightly less time. The biggest problem in answering your question however is the fact Asus still has not fixed the BIOS. So depending on what the REAL issue is with them it will directly affect your post time.

I was not asking that, I know all this stuff, it was mostly about how much time it take exactly between the power button and the logo show up.
That as nothing to do with the large amount of memory you have but how the entire system behave during this time.
No necessarily depend on the bios but the way you set your bootprocess, disabling csm or secureboot can help the boot process to go faster, it could also be caused by a repetitive conflict that cause boot time issue, after while ignored, your pc boot, post is really fast in general, it is mostly part of the initialisation of your hardware, Bios -> Rom <- CPU execution and post.
Just wondering if Asus Diagnostic tool return you a error (CMOS, CPU, RTC) can you check that too ?

JustinThyme
03-16-2016, 10:08 PM
Actually, there is something wrong with it. The fact pieces of it don't work is a problem. Maybe you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and have nothing better to do than throw money around frivolously but I don't! I paid $3.5k for the flag ship model. The absolute best they had. If they can't even get the BIOS working correctly that is a serious issue! I couldn't care less if it takes 2 seconds to boot or 2 minutes! Point is it is broken. The fast boot issue is only the the surface issue. The issue that is easy for any noob to see. However, if that problem is visible then more than likely there are other underlying issues that the typical layman isn't going to see. Things such as components not being optimized to work to their full potential or not working correctly at all. As I stated before ina previous post. I have noticed stuttering during the laptop posting. Specifically during the internal testing. This is a sign of the testing comands not working correctly (which may be why the fast boot reverts back). This has the potential to be a very large problem. Not that you care. Cause apparently you have enough bank roll to just buy another whenever you wish. But for the rest of us spending our hard earned money this is a serious problem and the way Asus has treated it thus far is absolutely appalling!! If I wanted something that wasn't working 100% I would have bought a lower model from somewhere else and saved myself between $2k and $1.5k. Money that I work extremely hard for and don't have nearly enough of. So pi$$ing away that kind of coin on an inferior product is plain and simply unacceptable, PERIOD! Asus needs to get off their arrogant a$$es and get this issue rectified immediately!

So do us all a favor. If you don't have anything constructive to say that can actually be of some help fixing the issue or assist at bringing the frustrations of the clientele to Asus's attention (to hopefully prompt them to actually do something about it), then keep your ignorant and uneducated comments to yourself. They aren't helpful and only serve to give reason to asus not to fix the problem(s) at hand!

No need to go to name calling. Where you perceive there is a problem I do not, simple as that. Your explanation of what you think a BIOS is tells me everything I need to know. If you find it unacceptable then return your machine so you can post hate on the Dell users forum or MSI.
Post up a video of your stuttering, no one else has reported any of that, at least not from what I have seen.

Nab, what is being complained about here is the difference in time from 10 seconds to 18 seconds to Log in screen. I has zero impact on performance in any way shape or form, There are no errors. One can shed time by delaying start on services but then you are taking my time to be ready after log in.
Here is a vid I did right after updating to BIOS 211 and installing 2 samsung 950 pro SSDs in a raid 0 array. 18 seconds from power on to login. Once Im logged in it takes 2-3 seconds for background apps like AV to load then its ready. So about 20 seconds from power button to ready.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbu5ExyadT4

StokeHead
03-17-2016, 12:39 PM
Hi together,

I am facing the same Problem on my Asus G752VY-GC144D. (Time from pushing the power button until the Asus Splash Screen > 30 seconds). I will provide all details.

I have a long “wait” time between pushing the Power button and seeing the Asus ROG bios splash screen. (22-35seconds)
I am pretty sure that there are done several checks but seeing that others do not have this issue there must be something wrong on my side.
I have provided several Screenshots, please check them for my settings.

My System:
G752VY-GC144D
16GB Ram
Additional Samsung 256GB M2 SSD
Stock BIOS 211. This was preinstalled already when I received my Laptop, so I didn’t update the Bios myself yet.
Bios setup –> see screenshots

What I have tested:
Time from pushing the power button until the Asus Splash Screen shows up with following config:
- Factory setup (8GB, no SSD) = 22 seconds
- additional 8GB Ram = 35 seconds
- additional 8GB Ram+SSD = 35 seconds

What seems strange to me:
- People stated some “Fast Boot Option”. I cant find this option in my Bios (Stock Bios 211, I didn’t touch anything here yet)
- Basically it seems to take a very long time to initialize my Hardware

What I already tried:
- Try booting without any USB dongles attached
- Disabled SMART startup test
- Removed all boot options

What I still need to check:
- Running ASUS diagnostic tool as suggested by nab

So, question:
Do i need to use UEFI in order to get rid of this?

Wemser
03-19-2016, 08:50 PM
I can confirm that boot time depends on the amount of RAM installed.
On my G752vy with 16GB Ram, Boot time was near 20 seconds until the ROG Logo appeared.
I have now doubled my Ram to 32 (4x identical 8GB) and Boot time is now near 40 seconds until ROG Logo appears.

I assume it is simply because fast boot doesn't deactivate and therefore it takes time to run completely through all RAM installed.
I really hope that soon a BIOS Version is available in which enabling of fast boot works again.

ROG_HARDCORE
03-20-2016, 03:03 AM
But when Downgrade to Bios 206, the problem solved. So, must be the configuration in Bios that causes ALL the problem.

JustinThyme
03-20-2016, 01:20 PM
You guys that are getting over 30 seconds have other issues, its not the BIOS. I'm running 64GB RAM and at log in screen in 18 seconds with BIOS 211, had the same in 208, 206 was a few seconds faster.
When you first install new ram it will take a bit for the BIOS to read the SPD and set timings accordingly.

I am using the stock factory UEFI image right out of the box. My BIOS is currently at 211 and the only changes I've made from stock on that is enabled Raid 0 where I created a Raid array from 2 950 pros and then cloned the factory image to that array.
FYI Bios 211 has been reposted. They took down the raid notes and listed "Update FW". Dont know if its the same BIOS as the 211 that was posted before or not.

ROG_HARDCORE
03-20-2016, 03:49 PM
Anyone tried the "NEW" bios 211 for G752VY? any different?

JustinThyme
03-20-2016, 04:29 PM
Anyone tried the "NEW" bios 211 for G752VY? any different?

Try it out and let us know.

Wemser
03-20-2016, 09:05 PM
Unfortunately for my Country BIOS 211 is not released yet, only 206 and 208.
Yet, I am afraid turning back to an older version could cause problems more severe than boot time.

JustinThyme
03-21-2016, 02:15 AM
Unfortunately for my Country BIOS 211 is not released yet, only 206 and 208.
Yet, I am afraid turning back to an older version could cause problems more severe than boot time.

Global DL link below for G752VY BIOS 211
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/G752VY/G752VYAS_211.zip?_ga=1.197979503.198068980.1458525 312

I dont think this version is any different that the one that was pulled. Same file size, name and compile date.
I forced it over the previous one just to see if there were any differences, there was not anything I could see. Same exact 18 seconds to login for me and no fan issues.

ASUS_USA
03-31-2016, 09:28 PM
Hello fellow ROG fans, we are currently looking into this matter and are working with R&D for a proper solution. We ask you to kindly be patient for our next BIOS update release as we are taking these issues into account. The next update will be available over the air via ASUS update utility included on your system. Thank you all for your support to the gaming community.

JustinThyme
04-01-2016, 12:44 AM
Thanks for taking the time to let people know that BIOS development is being looked into!

Gustave
04-01-2016, 07:45 AM
Me too, from push on powerbutton to Windows 10 64b logon screen: 18.37 sec.

G752VY-T7049T, 64GB Ram BIOS v2.11

Regards!

EttoreA
04-01-2016, 08:35 AM
Hello fellow ROG fans, we are currently looking into this matter and are working with R&D for a proper solution. We ask you to kindly be patient for our next BIOS update release as we are taking these issues into account. The next update will be available over the air via ASUS update utility included on your system. Thank you all for your support to the gaming community.

Let's hope is not April fool's prank . Lol

ROG_HARDCORE
04-01-2016, 08:46 AM
This is not funny. Hopefully they release soon.

EttoreA
04-01-2016, 11:59 AM
This is not funny. Hopefully they release soon.
Well, you've got such a great sense of humor ... :rolleyes:

JOHATASH
04-02-2016, 08:58 PM

Hello. I want to draw your attention that the latest BIOS 211 observed low speed fans especially for the GPU, and temperature in CPU & GPU by 5 degrees higher than 206 i BIOS under the load

Example

100% GPU load 206 bios --80 degrees 211 bios-- 85 degrees

100% CPU load 206 bios --90 degrees 211 bios-- 95 degrees

Hope you hear me and make normal bios without bugs

JustinThyme
04-03-2016, 03:32 AM
Hello. I want to draw your attention that the latest BIOS 211 observed low speed fans especially for the GPU, and temperature in CPU & GPU by 5 degrees higher than 206 i BIOS under the load

Example

100% GPU load 206 bios --80 degrees 211 bios-- 85 degrees

100% CPU load 206 bios --90 degrees 211 bios-- 95 degrees

Hope you hear me and make normal bios without bugs

First Ive heard about that one. Some posted their CPU fan runs too much but this is different.
Ive not experienced any fan difference in speeds, at least nothing noticeable, and temps are still right in line. Ive not seen anywhere near what you have posted in any of the BIOS revisions. My CPU and GPU have never been past 75C, even after a nice hard hammering.

ROG_HARDCORE
04-03-2016, 04:01 AM
Please, just let the R&D do their work. No further discussion required. They know best whats wrong in their code.

JOHATASH
04-03-2016, 04:08 PM
Please, just let the R&D do their work. No further discussion required. They know best whats wrong in their code.

someone Have these issue like me and someone is not/ I can provide log files if needed.

However, you can not deny that making best product includs a large Number of testers that is, us users, and we must say to developers about these phenomena. Otherwise they will not make a good product!

JustinThyme
04-03-2016, 04:16 PM

The more input the better information you have. If the R&D dept knew everything that was going on and what was wrong with the BIOS this thread would not even exist. They draw information from places such as this to see whats going on. Its not like there are a thousand people all with G752VY laptops sitting in a room with them running tests all day. While I can't say for sure Id be willing to wager there is a small team of a dozen people or less that are dedicated to the BIOs revisions of everything including desktop platforms.
Better thing would be to submit a technical inquiry on the support page so its logged in their system of what problems you are having. This is their go to source for problem resolution. Im not saying you wont get a lame response from a level 1 support rep but it gets the issue logged.

ROG_HARDCORE
04-03-2016, 04:34 PM

This statement are for those who have Perfect GOD machine that never help but just " I dont have issues, i dont have issues this , i dont have issues that.. i own a god machine " or "only you have this problem, in my world everything is perfect "
shut up. keep it clean.
Now i know why many pros, developers, programmers and many hot blood fans leave this forums. Example on spark tool.

Joining REAL COMMUNITY in taiwan, china have more fun, seriously
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=rog&ie=utf-8&tp=0
Tolerate, jokes, helps, buy and sells, showing, share idea and review. this is what i love. and

100% of them who own G752VY have same problem as us.
Fan speed differ, slow boot, HOT audio chipset, Fastboot not save, USB legacy option in bios if disabled, acpi.sys will spike high cpu usage.... so on.

so now, we wait for updates. thats it. Clean.

JustinThyme
04-04-2016, 04:27 AM
This statement are for those who have Perfect GOD machine that never help but just " I dont have issues, i dont have issues this , i dont have issues that.. i own a god machine " or "only you have this problem, in my world everything is perfect "
shut up. keep it clean.
Now i know why many pros, developers, programmers and many hot blood fans leave this forums. Example on spark tool.

Joining REAL COMMUNITY in taiwan, china have more fun, seriously
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=rog&ie=utf-8&tp=0
Tolerate, jokes, helps, buy and sells, showing, share idea and review. this is what i love. and

100% of them who own G752VY have same problem as us.
Fan speed differ, slow boot, HOT audio chipset, Fastboot not save, USB legacy option in bios if disabled, acpi.sys will spike high cpu usage.... so on.

so now, we wait for updates. thats it. Clean.

I don't understand your ploy here. You are quoting and negating your own post with blasphemy.

Taking stabs only perpetuates ignorance.

Reporting not having issues is just as important as reporting having issues. It introduces different environment variables to be able to narrow down just exactly what is causing some to have certain issues and others to not experience them. We already know for fact that different hardware is being used in different regions. What we don't know is how far it's goes. Does it make it down to different vendors for components on motherboards?

Happy to hear you enjoy the Tawianese forum as you certainly have none here. So both G752 owners there have 100% of all reported problems?

Greebo
04-21-2016, 01:39 AM
212 has been released anyone tried it yet?

Gustave
04-21-2016, 05:12 AM
212 has been released anyone tried it yet?

Upgraded my G752VY but nothing new, from my point of view. :)

pigulici
04-23-2016, 05:56 AM
Me too...

Gustave
04-23-2016, 10:08 AM
Upgraded my G752VY but nothing new, from my point of view. :)

That said!:

Boot time went from 18 sec. to 132 sec. from display ROG logo to Win 10 logon screen.

ROG_HARDCORE
04-23-2016, 01:10 PM
That said!:

Boot time went from 18 sec. to 132 sec. from display ROG logo to Win 10 logon screen.

I understand, same here. I guess we just wait for fix then.

Gustave
04-23-2016, 01:57 PM
I understand, same here. I guess we just wait for fix then.

Rolled back to 211 but same long boot time. Don't know what else changed in the BIOS/OS setup that causes this.

ROG_HARDCORE
04-23-2016, 02:06 PM
Rolled back to 211 but same long boot time. Don't know what else changed in the BIOS/OS setup that causes this.

I have tried everything, including motherboard hardware diagnostic, Power IC, Bridges, Super IO, but din't found anything. Changed the RAM, Reflow soldering for 90% of the Motherboard critical logic components dint solve the problem too.
Changed the display panels, same.

Conclusion : BIOS. I'm not into the codes, else i will start DIY the bios. So, wait for another official trolls.