PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G751-CH71 Battery stuck at 84%.

Alex8850
01-24-2016, 05:08 PM
Hello,

Since year and a month I own this ASUS G751JT-CH71 laptop, and everything was great until a battery issue happened with it.

A week ago it would charge normally, up to 100%, then all of a sudden it stopped at 90%, stuck with the message "12 minutes until
fully charged".

I tried updating the BIOS and calibrating it by discharging and charging it completely but now it stopped at 84%! Saying "17
minutes until fully charged".

I would like to know if anything similar happened to anyone, and if they have found a solution to it.

Thanks in advance for the answer,

Alex

Cmjensen86
01-25-2016, 03:11 AM
I have the exact same problem. It started about a week ago. it seems to stop charging at 84/86% maybe it's a bad update?

Hello,

Since year and a month I own this ASUS G751JT-CH71 laptop, and everything was great until a battery issue happened with it.

A week ago it would charge normally, up to 100%, then all of a sudden it stopped at 90%, stuck with the message "12 minutes until
fully charged".

I tried updating the BIOS and calibrating it by discharging and charging it completely but now it stopped at 84%! Saying "17
minutes until fully charged".

I would like to know if anything similar happened to anyone, and if they have found a solution to it.

Thanks in advance for the answer,

Alex

Alex8850
01-25-2016, 05:37 PM
I have the exact same problem. It started about a week ago. it seems to stop charging at 84/86% maybe it's a bad update?

Thank god I found someone with the same issue!

I didn't think about that before, maybe it has to do with a bug on a recent ASUS / Windows update. Hope it gets fixed soon for both of us.

HMH20006
01-26-2016, 02:42 AM
Hi
I have the same problem with my G751JT and after talking with asus support they told me this:
"""
Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.
My name is Carter and it is my pleasure to help you with your problem.

I feel sincerely sorry for your trouble.
I understand you are meeting the battery issue with this product.

If the issue appears after you have installed some software or hardware, please uninstall or remove them and check if it is helpful.
Then please load BIOS default as follows. Please turn on the laptop. Press F2 as soon as you see ASUS logo to enter BIOS. Then press F9 to load BIOS default. Then save and exit and then reboot the laptop.
If still, please get to the Control Panel -> Power Option -> Build the Power Plan -> Select the High Performance mode and try again.
Also if convenient, please connect the AC Adapter to different power Outlets in your home or office for a further test.

If no effort, I am afraid that the internal battery seems to be failed.

In this situation, I would suggest you to send the notebook to our RMA department for further test and repairing.
''''''''''''''''''
I did everything they said and had to send it to RMA today.

Alex8850
01-26-2016, 06:56 AM
Hi
I have the same problem with my G751JT and after talking with asus support they told me this:
"""
My name is Carter and it is my pleasure to help you with your problem.

If the issue appears after you have installed some software or hardware, please uninstall or remove them and check if it is helpful.
Then please load BIOS default as follows. Please turn on the laptop. Press F2 as soon as you see ASUS logo to enter BIOS. Then press F9 to load BIOS default. Then save and exit and then reboot the laptop.
If still, please get to the Control Panel -> Power Option -> Build the Power Plan -> Select the High Performance mode and try again.
Also if convenient, please connect the AC Adapter to different power Outlets in your home or office for a further test.

In this situation, I would suggest you to send the notebook to our RMA department for further test and repairing.
''''''''''''''''''

Hi,
Thanks a lot for the information, I also sent a message to the ASUS tech support and they told me to do this steps:
1) With the laptop unplugged, press the power button for 30 seconds. Make sure no LED is on.
2) Leave the laptop to rest during 24 hours without any power supply and remove battery if possible.
3) Plug and charge the laptop for 3 hours.
4) Unplug the laptop and verify if it worked.

Honestly, I highly doubt this will work, but I will try both options and hope for the best. I find it really frustrating since I have very few time with it.
P.D: So did you sent it to repair? Do you know how much will the battery replacement cost to you? Thanks in advance for the answer.

HMH20006
01-27-2016, 07:08 AM
Hi

Yes I sent to the repair and I think I will not pay anything since its still in warranty. But How know they may charge me later on but so far they paid for the shipment since its under the ASUS 360 care program.

BrandyT
01-29-2016, 02:18 AM
I have an Asus G751JT that I've had since May 2015 (so less than a year) and it started having this same issue last weekend. I have been all over online trying to figure out what happened and how to fix it. My battery meter is currently stuck at 88% with 13 min left until full charge, but that level can and has varied anywhere from 85% to 90%. And I noticed that if I unplug it for a min, then plug it back it, the percentage sometimes goes up by one.

I've tried uninstalling the ACPI Control Method Battery a couple of times. And I've tried re-calibrating the battery by draining it and letting it re-charge. Neither has worked.

Seeing as how a few of us with the same model laptops are suddenly having this same issue at about the same time makes me think it's a software issue, but I'm not tech savvy in that way, so I don't know.

Was wondering if anyone has figured out the problem yet. I really don't want to have to send my laptop in as it's my work machine. It's under warranty, so if I have to I will, but I'd prefer not to have to if it can be helped.

Thanks.

Alex8850
01-29-2016, 04:00 PM
I have an Asus G751JT that I've had since May 2015 (so less than a year) and it started having this same issue last weekend. I have been all over online trying to figure out what happened and how to fix it. My battery meter is currently stuck at 88% with 13 min left until full charge, but that level can and has varied anywhere from 85% to 90%. And I noticed that if I unplug it for a min, then plug it back it, the percentage sometimes goes up by one.

I've tried uninstalling the ACPI Control Method Battery a couple of times. And I've tried re-calibrating the battery by draining it and letting it re-charge. Neither has worked.

Seeing as how a few of us with the same model laptops are suddenly having this same issue at about the same time makes me think it's a software issue, but I'm not tech savvy in that way, so I don't know.

Was wondering if anyone has figured out the problem yet. I really don't want to have to send my laptop in as it's my work machine. It's under warranty, so if I have to I will, but I'd prefer not to have to if it can be helped.

Thanks.

Hi Brandy,

I am glad I am not the only one with the same issue, its been already three of us with the exact same problem already, and also
makes me think it could be a bug on the computer's software.

My battery can charge up to a range between 85% and 90%, and if I plug it back it goes up each time by 1%, with a maximum charge
of 91% that once happened. I also tried uninstalling the drivers and yesterday updated Windows but nothing changed.

I will try the solutions the IT ASUS Technician gave me, hope it fixes it, and if it does, I will notify you. This laptop is also my
working / gaming PC, and it would be a mess If i had to send it.

JustinThyme
01-29-2016, 10:01 PM
Most of the time I've seen this it was a result of one cooked cell in the pack.

Alex8850
01-29-2016, 11:39 PM
Most of the time I've seen this it was a result of one cooked cell in the pack.

There's a high a chance of it being the problem, however I still find akward that three users that have bought the same laptop model at different times, got the exact same problem around the same time. Maybe is just coincidence.

BrandyT
01-30-2016, 05:01 AM
So, for the past two days, I've not messed with the battery...just used my laptop as I normally would. Both days, the battery will get up to about 88% but no higher.

I downloaded a battery app from the Win store today, so I can see exactly how much is charged and what the usage is.
These are the stats as of right now (after leaving the ac plugged in all day):
Battery: 87.58%
Battery Status: Charging
Charge Rate: 0 mW
Designed Capacity: 90,000 mWh
Fully Charged Capacity: 69,435 mWh
Battery Remaining Capacity: 60,810 mWh

I have no idea how charge distribution within the cells is done, but if it's distributed equally, then 100% divided among 8 cells is 12.5%. That 12.5% then subtracted from the 100% equals 87.5%...the amount my battery stops charging at.

So, it does indeed seem like it's a dead cell. Weird that a handful of us had it happen on the same model at about the same time...quite a big coincidence.

Now, this leads me to a question (for JustinThyme)...does running on only 7 cells instead of 8 make any difference other than the obviously shorter battery life, my charging LED light always staying orange, and the Win battery meter always saying it's still charging even when it's not? I use my laptop mostly plugged in, never moving it from my work space. As long as this doesn't hurt anything internal, is it ok to keep using the laptop as is? Or would it be better to send it in and have Asus replace the battery (it's under warranty)?

I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth the hassle of sending it in and losing my work machine for a week or more if it's just a battery issue and nothing else is affected.

andreacos92
01-30-2016, 02:44 PM
You can't just remove one cell, because the battery pack is a 4s2p configuration, something like this

http://www.hooked-on-rc-airplanes.com/images/4s2p-lipo-battery-packs.jpg

The cells are in series by four, so they have to be a multiplier of 4.

However, I have the same problem since about 3-4 months. My model is a G751JY - T7134H (italian model), I bought it in February 2015, and battery warranty is only 1 year.
It started to charge at only 92-93%, now it stops at 87-88%, saying "Plugged in, charging", with led steady orange.
Sometimes the led starts blinking orange, and the battery level stucks at 90%, even if I unplugged the power cord, so I have not idea of the remaining charge, until it shutdown by itself :confused:

I'm almost sure that the problem is a faulty battery, but I need the PC for studying and gaming, so I don't like the idea of sending it ro RMA for several weeks. Luckily, it seems to have no problem with power cord plugged in, no loss of performance or strange behaviors.

When the battery will lose even more capacity, I will change it by myself, it can be found on asusparts.

Alex8850
01-30-2016, 08:44 PM
So, for the past two days, I've not messed with the battery...just used my laptop as I normally would. Both days, the battery will get up to about 88% but no higher.

I downloaded a battery app from the Win store today, so I can see exactly how much is charged and what the usage is.
These are the stats as of right now (after leaving the ac plugged in all day):
Battery: 87.58%
Battery Status: Charging
Charge Rate: 0 mW
Designed Capacity: 90,000 mWh
Fully Charged Capacity: 69,435 mWh
Battery Remaining Capacity: 60,810 mWh

I have no idea how charge distribution within the cells is done, but if it's distributed equally, then 100% divided among 8 cells is 12.5%. That 12.5% then subtracted from the 100% equals 87.5%...the amount my battery stops charging at.

So, it does indeed seem like it's a dead cell. Weird that a handful of us had it happen on the same model at about the same time...quite a big coincidence.

Now, this leads me to a question (for JustinThyme)...does running on only 7 cells instead of 8 make any difference other than the obviously shorter battery life, my charging LED light always staying orange, and the Win battery meter always saying it's still charging even when it's not? I use my laptop mostly plugged in, never moving it from my work space. As long as this doesn't hurt anything internal, is it ok to keep using the laptop as is? Or would it be better to send it in and have Asus replace the battery (it's under warranty)?

I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth the hassle of sending it in and losing my work machine for a week or more if it's just a battery issue and nothing else is affected.

Hi again Brandy,

We are again in the exact same situation. Since it's my only laptop, and I require it for my studies, I need to use it normally, and it has behaved the same way, charging up to 86%-88%. I am not that frustrated because of that 10% loss in battery. However, I would also like to know if there is nothing wrong with keeping it as that. I would like to send it already to replace the battery, but right now I am in middle of the school period and is impossible for me to give it away for weeks.

Alex8850
01-30-2016, 08:50 PM
I
You can't just remove one cell, because the battery pack is a 4s2p configuration, something like this

However, I have the same problem since about 3-4 months. My model is a G751JY - T7134H (italian model), I bought it in February 2015, and battery warranty is only 1 year.
It started to charge at only 92-93%, now it stops at 87-88%, saying "Plugged in, charging", with led steady orange.
Sometimes the led starts blinking orange, and the battery level stucks at 90%, even if I unplugged the power cord, so I have not idea of the remaining charge, until it shutdown by itself :confused:

I'm almost sure that the problem is a faulty battery, but I need the PC for studying and gaming, so I don't like the idea of sending it ro RMA for several weeks. Luckily, it seems to have no problem with power cord plugged in, no loss of performance or strange behaviors.

When the battery will lose even more capacity, I will change it by myself, it can be found on asusparts.

Hi,

So it seems that might be the issue, it makes sense. I don't know what could be the reason for the battery cell to die. I just can think of two possible ways: I recently heard a loose piece inside the computer, and also I sometimes played heavy games such as Black Ops 3 on battery mode, consuming rapidly the battery's energy. Aside of that, I already did what the IT ASUS technician told me to do. I unplugged the PC, held the power button during 30 seconds, leave it to rest during 24 hours, and right now I am waiting for that time to pass and charge it for 3 hours and hope for the best.

If things still don't change, I will leave the battery as it is and when it completely dies, I would send it to RMA to replace the faulty battery, since this model has a non removable one and the warranty just expired.

cdma2k
01-30-2016, 09:12 PM

3.7 * 4 = 14.8 nowhere near 19V ?

Asus must use lower quality battery, it has worst Battery Wear Level in all the laptops I own

andreacos92
01-30-2016, 10:26 PM
I

Hi,

So it seems that might be the issue, it makes sense. I don't know what could be the reason for the battery cell to die. I just can think of two possible ways: I recently heard a loose piece inside the computer, and also I sometimes played heavy games such as Black Ops 3 on battery mode, consuming rapidly the battery's energy. Aside of that, I already did what the IT ASUS technician told me to do. I unplugged the PC, held the power button during 30 seconds, leave it to rest during 24 hours, and right now I am waiting for that time to pass and charge it for 3 hours and hope for the best.

If things still don't change, I will leave the battery as it is and when it completely dies, I would send it to RMA to replace the faulty battery, since this model has a non removable one and the warranty just expired.

I never played on battery only, I always played with AC plugged in, and used it on battery for surfing on internet, music, etc.
That's the reason why I'm very disappointed with that issue, in a few months we shouldn't face this kind of issue with a normal use of the battery.

However, I already tried several discharging/charging cycles, holding the power button for 30 seconds, and leave it on charge for hours and hours.. but nothing solved the problem. I'm pretty sure is the cells/battery quality that is too low.
I disassembled the laptop and looked at the battery, externally it seems perfect, no swollen/loose cells.

3.7 * 4 = 14.8 nowhere near 19V ?

Asus must use lower quality battery, it has worst Battery Wear Level in all the laptops I own

Battery voltage is lower than AC adapter voltage output, it's normal. The G751 battery is rated at 15 V and 88 Wh
Don't look at the picture I posted above, I found it on Google, just as example.

However, our battery has 8 cells rated at 2933 mAh and 3,7 V (3.7 V nominal, fully charged cell reachs 4.2 V)
So, 4 * 3.7 = 14.8 V --> 15 V, and 2 * 2933 = 5866 mAh = 5.866 Ah

15 V * 5.866 Ah = 88 Wh ;)

JustinThyme
01-31-2016, 06:16 AM

Why cant you lose one, open or shorted? The 4s2p configuration actually allows for redundancy for precisely this reason. There are two ways for a cell to fail. Open or shorted. If it opens you still have the redundant parallel path at full voltage but half the capacity as that entire side will be out. if it shorts one side will be down by one cell and drag both sides down. With a 4S2P configuration a single shorted cell will take the entire assembly down 10-15%. If you have a conductivity meter and ready to crack open the PC you can find which cells internal impedance is high, low, open or shorted by measuring them at the balancing leads. You cant do it with a resistance tester, conductivity is the inverse of resistance and requires a different meter to measure it.

Historically Lithium cells are far more likely to fail shorted than open.

andreacos92
01-31-2016, 12:51 PM
Why cant you lose one, open or shorted? The 4s2p configuration actually allows for redundancy for precisely this reason. There are two ways for a cell to fail. Open or shorted. If it opens you still have the redundant parallel path at full voltage but half the capacity as that entire side will be out. if it shorts one side will be down by one cell and drag both sides down. With a 4S2P configuration a single shorted cell will take the entire assembly down 10-15%. If you have a conductivity meter and ready to crack open the PC you can find which cells internal impedance is high, low, open or shorted by measuring them at the balancing leads. You cant do it with a resistance tester, conductivity is the inverse of resistance and requires a different meter to measure it.

Historically Lithium cells are far more likely to fail shorted than open.

Yes I know, and you're right.

In our case, if the issue is a failed cell, it fails surely shorted.
Otherwise we should have half the normal autonomy, and that seems not the case.

However, I said "you can't just remove one", not "lose one" :)
And the sense of my statement was that there's no real benefit removing the dead shorted cell, then we'll have a full voltage path and a 3/4 voltage path wired in parallel, and that's not ideal.
A solution would be replace the dead cell with one of the same capacity, but I won't do this because this issue seems enough diffused amond G751 owners, and there's the possibility that another cell will fail in future.

When my PC warranty will expired, probably I will try a repack of the battery with other eight 18650 cells.. Panasonic 3400/3600 mAh seem a good choiche from what I've read.

JustinThyme
01-31-2016, 03:25 PM
Well you could just remove one, same as an open cell. You loose half the run time. wouldnt make any sense but I've seen people do stranger things. You don't want to just replace a single cell with one of dissimilar age and properties either. The solution is to replace the entire pack. If you want to crack it open and replace the individual cells all the more power to you Just make sure you have the correct tools and skills to complete the task. Its not like changing flashlight batteries. The are soldered in and you have to use specific solder and high heat iron so you don't cook the cells and skills come in getting the balancing leads in the correct position with a high heat iron without cooking the wire.

You can pay $60 or so for the Panasonic batteries and the headache of what I posted above or just buy an OEM A42N1403 replacement pack for around $70-$80 with a warranty. No questions on my part, if and when it comes to that for me Ill just source a new pack and replace the entire pack. Hardest part is getting to the pack but once you have access its pretty simple.

Also keep in mind these are Li-Ion polymer batteries. You snooze, you loose and in a very bad way!

andreacos92
02-01-2016, 07:17 PM
Well you could just remove one, same as an open cell. You loose half the run time. wouldnt make any sense but I've seen people do stranger things. You don't want to just replace a single cell with one of dissimilar age and properties either. The solution is to replace the entire pack. If you want to crack it open and replace the individual cells all the more power to you Just make sure you have the correct tools and skills to complete the task. Its not like changing flashlight batteries. The are soldered in and you have to use specific solder and high heat iron so you don't cook the cells and skills come in getting the balancing leads in the correct position with a high heat iron without cooking the wire.

You can pay $60 or so for the Panasonic batteries and the headache of what I posted above or just buy an OEM A42N1403 replacement pack for around $70-$80 with a warranty. No questions on my part, if and when it comes to that for me Ill just source a new pack and replace the entire pack. Hardest part is getting to the pack but once you have access its pretty simple.

Also keep in mind these are Li-Ion polymer batteries. You snooze, you loose and in a very bad way!

I know how dangerous are these batteries. I have two RC-Cars and one RC-Helicopter, and they use Li-Po batteries for the onboard electronic.

I would go for the OEM A42N1403 replacement pack too, if I have some guarantees that I will not have this problem again...
But, it seems a diffused problem, and nobody can know the future here :)

Cmjensen86
02-01-2016, 11:36 PM
HOw much did shipping cost? if you could send me a private message what they say id appreciate it.

Hi
"""
1My name is Carter and it is my pleasure to help you with your problem.

''''''''''''''''''

JustinThyme
02-02-2016, 01:44 AM
I know how dangerous are these batteries. I have two RC-Cars and one RC-Helicopter, and they use Li-Po batteries for the onboard electronic.

I would go for the OEM A42N1403 replacement pack too, if I have some guarantees that I will not have this problem again...
But, it seems a diffused problem, and nobody can know the future here :)

Unfortunately there is no way to tell with any battery until after the fact. There are several aftermarket packs out there that may or may not be any better than the OEM packs. Problem now and no insults to anyone intended but they are all made in china where QC has plummeted across the board starting with the raw materials used. They don't care because as soon as you pull your product there are 50 others waiting in line for the cheap labor provided by modern day slavery. Then they keep catching them stealing intellectual property and running ghost shifts.

I Have a 1/5, 2x1/8 and 2x 1/10 scale RC cars all running LIPO. Even those packs are even more troublesome. 4 laptops no problems (guess Im the lucky one) but Ive had to toss enough RC LIPO packs to more than make up for it.

HMH20006
02-06-2016, 03:48 AM
Hi

I am back. I just got my labtop back from the ASUS RMA and they kind of fix it but right now it wont charge more than 99%. It still better than it use to be before sending it. I will try it for a few days and see if it will go to 100% or not.

ASUS RMA changed the battery with new one free of charge and it was thanks to the warranty , I got the labtop in Feb /12 /2015. so one year is good for the current battery used by ASUS BUT it is not the BEST, their are other company with better battery for their labtops.

Mrblue254
02-07-2016, 06:16 PM
I have had this problem for the last 4 months and i have searched online and done all the possible solutions like drain battery and hold power when battery is drained and nothing has changed. my battery is always at 84%. I am glad to know that i am not the only one. i have the G751JT-CH71 and bought it in 2014 december.
I have read about a cooked cell in the pack and i highly agree with that.i have not noticed any performance changes yet but ill keep you

Alex8850
02-09-2016, 12:41 AM
Hi

I am back. I just got my labtop back from the ASUS RMA and they kind of fix it but right now it wont charge more than 99%. It still better than it use to be before sending it. I will try it for a few days and see if it will go to 100% or not.

ASUS RMA changed the battery with new one free of charge and it was thanks to the warranty , I got the labtop in Feb /12 /2015. so one year is good for the current battery used by ASUS BUT it is not the BEST, their are other company with better battery for their labtops.

That's good to know! I'm glad yours got repaired.

Can I ask how many time did it took for them to do the replacement procedure?

Alex8850
02-09-2016, 12:45 AM
I have had this problem for the last 4 months and i have searched online and done all the possible solutions like drain battery and hold power when battery is drained and nothing has changed. my battery is always at 84%. I am glad to know that i am not the only one. i have the G751JT-CH71 and bought it in 2014 december.
I have read about a cooked cell in the pack and i highly agree with that.i have not noticed any performance changes yet but ill keep you

Right now it stopped at 86%, it sometimes stop at 84%, or 88%, or even to 90% if I am lucky.
I have one month since the problem started and also haven't noticed any performance issues on the laptop by itself. However, the only thing that makes me question is, when it's completelety "charged", the AC adapter still remains warm. Not hot burning, but a little bit warm. Does this also happens to you? I don't know if this is normal, or a sign of another future problem.

JustinThyme
02-09-2016, 02:47 AM
Adapter remaining warm is 100% normal, particularly if you are using the machine.

BrandyT
02-11-2016, 09:30 PM
Hey all...I'm back. I sent my laptop in to ASUS RMA last Thursday and got it back today. They replaced the battery, so far no problems...I plugged it in and it's now charged to 100%. Since I bought my laptop in May 2015, it's still under warranty, so the replacement and shipping was covered by ASUS. Hopefully this battery lasts for quite a bit longer than 8 months. ;)

Alex, when my husband talked to the RMA department, he told them it's my work machine (which it is), and they said they would expedite it for a quicker turn around time. So if you end up sending yours in, let them know that you need it back asap for school/work. They may get it back to you sooner knowing that it's not just for leisure.

JustinThyme
02-12-2016, 05:36 PM
A week isn't so bad. They have a repair center in Utah. I'm fortunate enough that if I run into issues the center closest to me is 45 miles away in NYC and I can drop it off and pick it up as I'm in there at least weekly for work. They are still limited though. One more in Alpharetta Ga right outside of Atlanta but thats it, 3 in the US.

BrandyT
02-12-2016, 08:44 PM
Nah, not too bad at all...I managed to keep myself occupied. :) There's a service center in Milpitas, CA, too. That's where mine was shipped. Since I live in California, it only takes a day for delivery, either way.

JustinThyme
02-14-2016, 02:53 AM
Nice! Glad to hear you go it all fixed up and have proven conclusively that its not a charge cycle conspiracy theory at work, simply a shorted cell in the pack. Others can now read this and know what needs to be done to remedy the problem.

hasee.b
04-18-2016, 05:02 PM
Hey, I have Asus G751JT-T7033H, (with French Keyboard). I bought it from Germany. My battery also doesn't go upto 84-86 percent. This happens right after
1 year of warranty, so I though as long as I am getting 1-1.1/2 hours of battery, it is not a problem.

Indeed I was wrong, it is my 3rd month after the warranty, and my adapter stopped working and I think it is because of this faulty battery.
I regret, I am not a proud owner of ROG now, and I am very disappointing, because battery and charger last 15 months only :s. It's shame to Asus.

vempatyappu
04-21-2016, 08:00 AM
My laptop had the same problem of charging upto 84% and shutting down if the charger was removed. This happened after I sent it to RMA and they replaced my battery with a faulty one. I contacted aeolisio about the problem and he told me I had two options
1. Get a new battery and replace it as the current battery might have some damaged cells and causing the battery to fail. To check this you can always go to bios and try to start easy flash and it'll say there is no battery or battery should be at minimum of 20%.
2. Rebuild the current battery pack by changing the cells.

I also read some posts about holding the power button down for ten seconds solving the blinking battery indicator and the not fully charging problem for some people and it was same for me. But that lasted like a month and after that it got worse, the laptop lasted only 30-35 mins with 84% charging and eventually completely shutting down without direct power. Also the battery used to get super hot - another indicator of failed battery I think.

Worst case scenario your motherboard is faulty and it's causing the problem. But from what I observed in the forum everyone got this problem about the same time so it's probably because of a bios update. So, I sent the laptop to aeolisio and he checked my laptop battery and told me that the battery was indeed damaged.
He advised me that getting a new OEM battery is the safest thing to do as the current battery may have faulty wiring that caused it to fail in the first place. So I ordered a new battery and he replaced it. He was quiet patient with my questions even did a thermal repaste as I requested. I got my laptop back today and I have to say my temps are stable - from max 93 while gaming to 74 max and the battery is properly working (fully charged to 100% and no overheating). Now I could have get this done by sending it RMA but I'm out of warranty and I have no idea what more problems are gonna arise after sending it to RMA.
So, if there are any guys with G751 out of warranty and have a battery problem like mine you could either do the testing yourself or send it to aeolisio. You have to pay for his services though, but he's quiet reasonable. He lives in California, luckily around 6 miles from my place so the whole process was smooth.

Ibilaak
06-05-2016, 03:47 PM
Hi, I also have this issue. My battery is stuck at 86% while plugged in. It won't get higher than that. I've had my Asus g751jl for almost a year now. Any updates for this?

JustinThyme
06-07-2016, 03:40 AM
Hi, I also have this issue. My battery is stuck at 86% while plugged in. It won't get higher than that. I've had my Asus g751jl for almost a year now. Any updates for this?

Please read the thread. You need a new battery pack.

Pimr88
06-09-2016, 05:07 PM
hi everybody,
I had the same problem with my G751-JT but much more problematic!
He stopped charging 100% as everyone here and continued to lose power over time.
I found here in the forum the issue but had no interest in going to repair because I am currently living in Brazil with no forecast to return to the EUA.
The point is that now it does not go from 0%, any variation of power it shut off and after 10 min plugged in it hibernates, can be turned on again super fast with all content that was being used before hibernating but after 2 minutes maximum 3 minutes it goes back to hibernating (web use).
I need to fix it but here I have no help from asus.
I am currently conducting a test on the battery, I believe that it disarm the notebook by heating.
Does anyone have ideas?

Pimr88
06-10-2016, 03:56 PM
Anyone knows if is safe to remove the battery and turn him on without the battery?