PDA

View Full Version : just curious if this is a good score for my g751jl

bcasio
01-27-2016, 04:20 AM
Ok, just wondering if this is a good score for my asus g751jl with w8.1 and the 965m graphics and 16gb of ram? if not what can i do to improve this. thanks, also has
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/7349407

thanks

JustinThyme
01-28-2016, 01:56 AM
That's about Par for what you have.
Just remember it's not all about what you get out of a benchmark. It's a good tool for comparison to similar systems just to see that you aren't having problems. What matters in the end is what experiences you are having with your graphics. Some prefer frame rates over everything else, personally I tend to lean more towards quality and only adjust settings back from the highest quality to prevent overly poor performance.

You can tweak settings in NVIDIA control panel to squeeze out a little more and use GPU tweak or MSI afterburner to OC your card a bit for further improvement but don't be expecting to break 5000 on a 965m, just not going to happen. I bought the same machine, still have it and use it for portability but found myself hungry for more and bought a JY then recently bought a G752VY and sold the G751JY to my 14 YO son for a discounted rate. The JL is a nice machine for the price point.

bcasio
01-28-2016, 04:25 AM
cool thanks for the help.