PDA

View Full Version : G751JY pinkish screen

JadAl_87
01-27-2016, 07:41 PM
Guys,

The screen on my G751JY suddenly turned pink when I was gaming.

I restarted and shutdown the Laptop couple of times, problem still persists.

I have connect the Laptop to TV screen through HDMI, the display on the TV was normal.

The laptop screen is showing what it look like a shadow or memory of the previous display screen. Even at startup i can see a "shadow" of my wallpaper and icons.

What do you think?

Thnx
Jad.

JadAl_87
01-28-2016, 10:00 AM
Any help guys?

JustinThyme
01-29-2016, 03:44 AM
Whats the resolution on the external display and what's it do with the external display not connected?

JadAl_87
01-29-2016, 06:01 AM
Whats the resolution on the external display and what's it do with the external display not connected?

The external display is 1080p full HD.

Without the external display the laptop's screen is showing a pinkish display (check photos). Even at powerup, you can see Asus logo and "shadow" of some tabs on the right side of the logo (also in photo).

JadAl_87
01-29-2016, 02:44 PM
I personally believe it is the screen. Though my Laptop is still under warranty I decided to fix it my self.

I disassembled the screen to check the wiring trying to disconnect and reconnect, nothing changes. So I want to buy a replacement screen.

My screen model is LP173WF4-SPD1. I found an exact replacement on Ebay, but my question is, any better screen out there?

insiZion1
01-31-2016, 07:16 PM
I have this exact problem after browsing for a few minutes today my screen has just turned pink. Have you managed to resolve your issue? I'm still in warranty.
many thx J

JustinThyme
01-31-2016, 07:32 PM
If its under warranty Id be sending it in. Displays arent exactly cheap and once you mess with that what ever warranty you have is null and void.

JadAl_87
02-01-2016, 04:59 AM
Hey,

I have ordered a replacement screen from Ebay. Should come in this week. The screen cost almost 110$ without shipping.

My laptop "was" still under warranty (till 22nd april 2016), but honestly I just wanted to avoid the hassle of taking it to the service center and let it "sleep" there for 2-3 weeks to swap the screen, also I needed to take out all the personal stuff, further i don't like other people to mess with my PC :).

I know it is bit strange, but i considered it like having this problem after warranty expires. Should have experience with fixing your own laptop, will be cheaper on the long run.

Will keep you posted if the screen swap will solve the problem.

JadAl_87
02-10-2016, 05:19 PM
Just to update guys.

I received the new screen, and managed to replace it myself.

This solved the problem and my display is back to normal.

thnx
Jad.

JustinThyme
02-10-2016, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the Update! Another user reported the same problem and RMA'd his machine and had it back in a week and a new display solved the problem. The follow up is much appreciated so others that get a pink screen can search and see what it takes to resolve the issue! :cool:

danplops
06-22-2016, 03:22 AM
Hi guys!

My notebook presented exactly the same behavior.
However, after some days using it connected to the TV, I tried to use its monitor and, for my surprise, the screen was normal (not pink).
Unfortunately, it is possible to notice that the problem still persists in some way.
Every time the desktop is being loaded (after lock screen) the screen blinks in a strange way: It seems the brightness goes beyond the limit (100% on windows) tending to have shades of green.
It occurs just once at the mentioned moment. Then, I can use it normally and nothing bad happens.
Have someone seem this behavior before?

Also, after replacing the screen, did you guys have more problems? Or is it working until now?
I am afraid that it can be a GPU problem and the warranty is about to expire...