PDA

View Full Version : G752vy Graphics update issue, G Force Experience tries to load but is just hanging ??

Devonkev
01-28-2016, 08:35 PM
Hello everyone just been setting up my shiny new toy but have an issue with the nvidia control panel in the notification area. It's saying there is an update available but when i click on the update button the g force experience tries to load but is just hanging ???
I've checked the support site but according to the device manager I'm running the latest driver version already !! Help :rolleyes:

Kevin

JeanLucAwesome
01-28-2016, 09:44 PM
How long did you wait for Geforce experience to open? I ask because I have the 752vy as well and it's extremely slow to open for me, once it actually does.. it's all good but it takes like three minutes to boot up.. which is not cool but regardless, I'm thinking you might not have waited long enough.

kjancaitis
01-28-2016, 09:52 PM
Hello everyone just been setting up my shiny new toy but have an issue with the nvidia control panel in the notification area. It's saying there is an update available but when i click on the update button the g force experience tries to load but is just hanging ???
I've checked the support site but according to the device manager I'm running the latest driver version already !! Help :rolleyes:

Kevin

Try uninstalling ASUS Game First III.

steve888
01-28-2016, 09:53 PM
Hi,
Uninstall Asus Game First software...worked for me. I also uninstalled McAfee...download their removal tool (MCPR.exe) to uninstall it.
Hope this helps.

Devonkev
01-28-2016, 10:08 PM
Cheers chaps the Asus game first software was the culprit :mad:

EttoreA
01-29-2016, 09:44 AM
Thanks guys, this helped a lot ! This problem drove me crazy since a week. Thanks again.

Gps3dx
01-29-2016, 02:56 PM
Hi,
Uninstall Asus Game First software...worked for me. I also uninstalled McAfee...download their removal tool (MCPR.exe) to uninstall it.
Hope this helps.
Installing windows, fresh, without any leftover of the bloatware Asus ship it with - is really a highly recommended step.
You've got plenty of guide in this sub-forum dedicated just for the G752 problematic array of drives ( Raid and NVMe based ).
you can also be assist with the stick guide at the top of this sub-forum, which hold few explanations & links you might want to be familiar with.

also, when dealt with graphics drivers problems, it is always a good idea to wipe them all, with the help of DDU - Display Driver Uninstaller (http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html).
When you load it - disagree to boot into safe mode ( choose NO ) -> the choose "clean and restart ( highly recommended )" and reboot.
only after that restart, perform a CLEAN INSTALL of the official NVIDIA drivers ( Asus's graphics drivers are NOT recommended by me ), you do that by checking the checkbox during installation...

I use DDU even for updates between installed nvidia driver version, as win10 doesn't allows me to upgrade that driver so easily - ( all the driver components installed fine(i.e audio, physics drivers), beside the graphics drivers them-self )

KCurtis
02-11-2016, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the fix on the Gforce experience boot slow. I uninstalled the Asus Game First III and it only took Gforce 10sec or so to boot and not 3 to 5 min. I don't know how you figured this out but great job.

I tried everything people said with nvidia new and old versions. People said it is OS 10. I have another system with OS 10 and it works perfect. I knew it has something to do with Asus G752VY system. software, hardware but not Nvidia driver or OS 10 after hours of testing and failing.

Easy fix, thanks a lot.

mlk81
02-12-2016, 05:28 PM
I have another fix for this problem, which basicaly is to stop any program running that has nvidia in its name then start geforce experience from the start menu and it'l work.

JustinThyme
02-13-2016, 01:32 AM
Installing windows, fresh, without any leftover of the bloatware Asus ship it with - is really a highly recommended step.
Why? Takes far less time to uninstall the bloatware you don't want then to do a clean install and spend the better part of a day doing it. This isn't a Best Buy Geek squad special. Bloatware on this is actually a very short list.

whartanto
02-14-2016, 04:17 AM
I tried uninstalling Asus Gaming , then tried the advice on the NVidia forum to manually deleting the GEForce experience folder and re-install. None of them works.

Finally have to resort to going to Nvidia website to do the driver update manually without the GEForce Experience software.

toronto699
02-14-2016, 04:29 AM
I Installed the GEForce Beta Version that fixed my GEForce experience , but If one installs the beta version , u will have to log in to install a newer Nvidia Graphics drivers