PDA

View Full Version : G-SYNC Upgrade on ROG G751JY/JT Laptops Now Available!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Bahz
01-29-2016, 06:49 AM
UPDATE 8 (June 6, 2016)
I received internal update that the i7-4720HQ motherboards for G751JY models have arrived to our warehouse hub in China and each country should now be able to place order for the parts. The i7-4720HQ motherboards for G751JT models will be arriving soon.

UPDATE 7 (May 13, 2016)
I have confirmed that the i7-4720HQ motherboards for G751JT models will be available by July 1, 2016 and the motherboards for G751JY models will be available by July 8, 2016. Please contact local customer service to be put on the waiting list and our service team will contact you once the parts are in stock. Please note that all dates listed are approximate dates so they could be available a little earlier or a little later.

UPDATE 6 (Apr 13, 2016)
After further discussion, it's confirmed that there's a shortage of i7-4710HQ and i7-4720HQ CPUs. The i7-4750HQ CPUs are in stock and all current G751 G-SYNC models selling on the market do indeed come with i7-4750HQ. The actual performance between i7-4710HQ, i7-4720HQ and i7-4750HQ is very minimal, this is based on actual real application benchmark test results. The user shouldn't notice any major difference during gameplay between the 3 CPUs.

We're going offer the i7-4750HQ for those who want to have the G-SYNC upgrade done now, but for those who prefer to wait for the i7-4710HQ/i7-4720HQ motherboards to come back in stock, we'll have our service team contact you again when they're back in stock. Please note at this moment in time there's no ETA on when the i7-4710HQ/4720HQ models will be back in stock. For other users who have the versions with i7-4860HQ or i7-4870HQ, these two model motherboards are also currently out of stock and we'll also have our service team contact you once they're back in stock.

A memo will sent to all regions to notify them of this update and to have them make sure that all customers are clearly notified that in order to continue with the upgrade now, they'll need to give consent that they accept the i7-4750HQ CPU version as replacement.

UPDATE 5 (Apr 12, 2016)
I received an internal update that isn't 100% confirmed but due to the scarcity of i7-4710HQ and i7-4720HQ CPUs, in order for us to reduce the lead time for the motherboards, we'll be replacing the motherboards with i7-4750HQ instead. I'm informed that the process is already underway and with this change we expect to cut down the lead time significantly.

UPDATE 4 (Mar 11, 2016)
I've been updated that we'll be extending the deadline of this program to July 31st, 2016.

UPDATE 3 (Mar 9, 2016)
I have confirmed that the reason why users have received back a laptop without the motherboard changed is because the motherboard parts were out of stock. Since the service center in Czech Republic have the technical capability to perform the rework on the motherboard, they decided to go ahead and perform the rework on the same motherboard to reduce the lead time for the upgrade process. Not all countries have the technical capability to do this, so for countries where the service centers don’t have the technical capability to perform the rework, they need to order the motherboards that are pre-modified. The entire process is “NOT” just a BIOS update and extra components are needed to be changed on the motherboard. So it will be normal to hear some users confirm that their motherboard was changed on their laptop and some that will confirm that they received back a laptop where the motherboard was not changed.

UPDATE 2 (Feb 2, 2016)
I'm sorry for the late response as I just came back from my vacation (Chinese/Lunar New Year). During this time of course it wouldn't be sane to be working as this is equivalent to Chirstmas for western countries.

I do apologize how this has been a very confusing process for a lot of you. Some countries are already aware of the program and have been trying to contact HQ for more details but of course the CNY break came at a bad time where finally the news started spreading around to all the regions but no one was there to answer all the details.

The program was prepared months in advance, so why the news hasn't properly reached all the regions is really mind boggling for me as well. We're working hard to communicate all the details with all the local countries at this time. We'll probably be extending the program duration due to these delays. Once again I'm sorry for all the confusion and inconvenience caused and we'll be working as quickly as possible to get everything cleared up as soon as possible.

UPDATE:
On behalf of ASUS and ROG I would like apologize for all the confusion caused. I can guarantee to all of you that this upgrade program is indeed legitimate. A program of this magnitude which didn't exclude any countries to begin with has its difficulties because to my knowledge we've never done anything like this before. As some of you mentioned I'm simply a messenger and I was told that all regions were notified of this program and to post it up, however after the first day we found out that this wasn't the case. We originally delayed the announcement by another week so we can notify all the service teams for all regions, but in the end we realized this still wasn't sufficient. We are working hard to communicate and make sure all our customer service teams and call centers around the globe are fully aware of this program, and during this time we ask that you please be patient with us and please try again in one week. If after one week and you are still getting a response that this program doesn't exist, please send me a PM and I will personally handle it and have one of our customer service representatives contact you. We apologize for the all inconveniences caused and thank you for your understanding.

For any existing owners of ROG G751JY/JT laptops (without G-SYNC) who are excited about the new G-SYNC feature, and are wondering if your laptop can be upgraded, ASUS ROG is making it possible! We are excited to offer you the G-SYNC upgrade for the low cost of only US$99 (cost does not include shipping and may vary slightly based on your region). The G-SYNC upgrade offer begins on February 1, 2016 and will end on May 1, 2016.

A hardware, firmware and software retrofit are necessary for your laptop to support G-SYNC. If you are interested in the retrofit service, please vote in the poll and contact our customer support with the following information and our local teams will be in touch (in order for your laptop to be sent in):

1. Your name
2. Country of residence
3. Your email address

Customer Support Link: https://vip.asus.com/VIP2/Services/QuestionForm?lang=en-us

liviutatarus
01-29-2016, 07:02 AM
I sent mail. Europe, Romania.

Sargatanas
01-29-2016, 07:27 AM
Also interested...I hope Germany will also offer this upgrade.

kev500
01-29-2016, 07:53 AM
I am interested. Live in South Africa.

Sanctrum
01-29-2016, 08:01 AM
YES!!!!!! Europe - Poland.

nab
01-29-2016, 08:40 AM
Good move ;) to all Asus users who was waiting this, enjoy.

warryabel
01-29-2016, 08:53 AM
Also interested...I hope Germany will also offer this upgrade. bin dabei...

Sanctrum
01-29-2016, 09:50 AM
General question. Is it possible to send the unit without any SDD/HDD ???

Sargatanas
01-29-2016, 09:56 AM
ofc...I never sent them my SSD/HDD before. The drives have nothing to do with the replacement.

ciccio80
01-29-2016, 11:04 AM
Finally Asus!
LOL it ONLY took you 10 months and hundreds of pissed off costumers...;)

I live in Italy, Europe
email sent!

viper3000
01-29-2016, 12:04 PM
OH My gosh :) Europe-Slovakia - Email sent

Edweird
01-29-2016, 12:23 PM
Hah, you guys actually did it.

Alright, I'll bite. E-Mail sent in from Bulgaria/EU.

wmaker
01-29-2016, 12:26 PM
email sent

denmark / eu

clockworksatan
01-29-2016, 01:13 PM
So there's no chance of simply making the BIOS upgrade available to all G751JT/JY owners free of charge? Really?

Chadd
01-29-2016, 01:15 PM
Yay!

Europe -UK

nab
01-29-2016, 01:42 PM
So there's no chance of simply making the BIOS upgrade available to all G751JT/JY owners free of charge? Really?

If they do that, they will expose a big loophole.

DEagleson
01-29-2016, 01:45 PM
Of course i want to upgrade my G751JY to enable G-Sync. :D Also created a support ticket about it, so just tell me how much i gotta pay in local currency and let's do it!
Norway, Europe.

wmaker
01-29-2016, 02:23 PM
got this reply from support

"Hello,

I dont know where you got this information but it's wrong, we dont do that.

Have a nice day.

Med vänliga hälsningar / Best Regards,

Mattias. L

ASUS Customer Service
"

there is something strange here op, were do you got the info ?

InfernoStorm
01-29-2016, 02:34 PM
got this reply from support

"Hello,

I dont know where you got this information but it's wrong, we dont do that.

Have a nice day.

Mattias. L

ASUS Customer Service
"

there is something strange here op, were do you got the info ?

Just provide the forum link to them and say it's an official statement, they need to figure it themselves. Not the first time when there's some type of upgrade program and a representative who didn't pay attention to something new and tell customers there's no such thing. However, it does say begins on Feb 1.

InfernoStorm
01-29-2016, 02:36 PM

Highly doubt it's just a BIOS upgrade, but of course people will continue to believe it is.

JustinThyme
01-29-2016, 02:56 PM
General question. Is it possible to send the unit without any SDD/HDD ???

A hardware, firmware and software retrofit are necessary for your laptop to support G-SYNC.

Again, another reason I take the original drive and put it away. When times like this arise, simply remove one and install the other in less than 2 minutes.

I would contact them directly using the provided customer support link. Nothing would suck worse than sending it with no drive then getting it send back not completed so you are now out shipping costs and still dont have the upgrade.

reading some of these other posts.........Im certain now more than ever that some people are just not happy unless they have something to complain about. Should be ecstatic with all the crying thats been going on. Now they make it available and people are crying because it took too long or that they have to pay for it. Its business, pure and simple. You think this is bad? The company I work for sells UPS systems that come in different platforms and the price varies by purchased kVA. All the same machine as its just easier to make them that way and not have to stock parts for every step in the level of power wanted. So customer buys 225kVa machine then later wants to updgrade to its maximum capacity which on that platform is 500kVa. The 225 kVA cost you $80K when you bought it. The upgrade is going to cost you $40K. They go through the PITA changing wire sizes to and from then I walk in with a laptop and connect with proprietary software and inside of 5 minutes Im done, they just went to 500kVA with a change in a software setting! Thank you very much, that will be $40K!

Don't know how involved this is, I'm not an ASUS employee nor do I work in their engineering dept. I'm betting there is more than meets the eye and it requires hardware in the display. I don't see the cost as unreasonable, costs them this much just to administer the change and probably all they are looking for is to offset that cost. My bet is there are fewer than 500 people globally that actually get this done perhaps even far less than that. I say kudos to ASUS for even bothering to take the time to backtrack and offer an upgrade. Its not like that if G sync never existed that people wouldnt find something else to complain about.

InfernoStorm
01-29-2016, 03:05 PM
A hardware, firmware and software retrofit are necessary for your laptop to support G-SYNC.

Again, another reason I take the original drive and put it away. When times like this arise, simply remove one and install the other in less than 2 minutes.

I would contact them directly using the provided customer support link. Nothing would suck worse than sending it with no drive then getting it send back not completed so you are now out shipping costs and still dont have the upgrade.

reading some of these other posts.........Im certain now more than ever that some people are just not happy unless they have something to complain about. Should be ecstatic with all the crying thats been going on. Now they make it available and people are crying because it took too long or that they have to pay for it. Its business, pure and simple. You think this is bad? The company I work for sells UPS systems that come in different platforms and the price varies by purchased kVA. All the same machine as its just easier to make them that way and not have to stock parts for every step in the level of power wanted. So customer buys 225kVa machine then later wants to updgrade to its maximum capacity which on that platform is 500kVa. The 225 kVA cost you $80K when you bought it. The upgrade is going to cost you $40K. They go through the PITA changing wire sizes to and from then I walk in with a laptop and connect with proprietary software and inside of 5 minutes Im done, they just went to 500kVA with a change in a software setting! Thank you very much, that will be $40K!

Don't know how involved this is, I'm not an ASUS employee nor do I work in their engineering dept. I'm betting there is more than meets the eye and it requires hardware in the display. I don't see the cost as unreasonable, costs them this much just to administer the change and probably all they are looking for is to offset that cost. My bet is there are fewer than 500 people globally that actually get this done perhaps even far less than that. I say kudos to ASUS for even bothering to take the time to backtrack and offer an upgrade. Its not like that if G sync never existed that people wouldnt find something else to complain about.

+1
I don't think anyone can word this any better.

wmaker
01-29-2016, 03:13 PM
Just provide the forum link to them and say it's an official statement, they need to figure it themselves. Not the first time when there's some type of upgrade program and a representative who didn't pay attention to something new and tell customers there's no such thing. However, it does say begins on Feb 1.

Yes that was my reply to the mail and now i got a new one from them.
something tells me this is gone takea while for a official positive anwser

last reply from them

"Hello,

I think you should read it all, that's a vote poll, as it says you should sign up for it if intrested.

Mattias. L
"

palooh
01-29-2016, 03:17 PM
How come I'm not allowed to vote ?

InfernoStorm
01-29-2016, 03:20 PM
Yes that was my reply to the mail and now i got a new one from them.
something tells me this is gone takea while for a official positive anwser

last reply from them

"Hello,

I think you should read it all, that's a vote poll, as it says you should sign up for it if intrested.

Mattias. L
"

Obviously, this guy not going to admit he's wrong. Before you know it he'll contact you and say so now the program has begun please confirm again your info etc... and pretend he didn't say that there wasn't such a thing.

InfernoStorm
01-29-2016, 03:22 PM
How come I'm not allowed to vote ?

It's probably because you have a new account and you probably need to post like 5 or 10 posts? It's like that for a lot of other vBulletin forums, but I'm not sure if it's 5 or 10 (depends on what they have set it to).

wmaker
01-29-2016, 03:26 PM
Obviously, this guy not going to admit he's wrong. Before you know it he'll contact you and say so now the program has begun please confirm again your info etc... and pretend he didn't say that there wasn't such a thing.

if the next reply is like the previous two, just gone tell him to escalate it to a supervisor nothing else i can do imo.

Btw anyone got a positive awnser from them already??
would be nice for all of us to have a screenshot of a positive anwser so we can use in case more ppl get support guy like im getting.

Sanctrum
01-29-2016, 03:32 PM

We will see.
I believe that as discussed hundreds of times, we need:
1. Proper video card HW id (probably hardware coded).
2. Proper vbios (changed to have the Nvidia licence G-sync cookie... but at the memory area that is normally not altered by any standard BIOS update).
3. Proper CPU model (probably but maybe not longer valid).
4. Proper NVidia drivers (I believe the standard ones=the latest)…
5. Display panel verified (to support 75Hz or 100Hz)? We know it’s working at 100Hz.

Points 1, 2, 3… are in my best believe ONLY the artificial security protection of Nvidia G-Sync IP implemented in their drivers (4) blocking the possibility to hack it the way it was done before. So that is why Asus decided to “retrofit”… instead of fighting with Nvidia to disable their IP protections. However, it does NOT mean that Asus had not prepared any agreement with Nvidia that is simplifying the upgrade procedure loosing up some protections… and make it just vbios upgradable… (no MB changed). We will see.

But again, IMHO (regardless HOW it would be done) it is the best solution for us… as everyone are happy (ASUS, Nvidia, customers – except those how wanted it for free). Good work ASUS! Hope the word would spread… AND THAT YOU WILL ACTUALLY UPGRADE our units for approx. US$99… as it might be looong way from the upgrade request till it is actually done…
I will sing up as soon I will find my unit’s serial number to register…

Once again good work ASUS… and keep us INFORMED!

InfernoStorm
01-29-2016, 03:48 PM
People need to understand that this technology is owned and patented by Nvidia, so it means they (Asus) can't just go behind their backs and find a way to hack it and make all the stars align so it works for their customers. By doing this they will probably get sued for billions of dollars. If it's as simple as just a BIOS update then all the geniuses out there should have long figured out a way to do it. Obviously there is more to it and there's some mechanism from Nvidia that's preventing anything without proper license key/ID/IP (whatever you want to call it) to work properly with their drivers.

palooh
01-29-2016, 03:58 PM
It's probably because you have a new account and you probably need to post like 5 or 10 posts? It's like that for a lot of other vBulletin forums, but I'm not sure if it's 5 or 10 (depends on what they have set it to).

Thanks, I suppose I will spam some threads then, starting with this one :cool:

warryabel
01-29-2016, 04:37 PM
someone can set a mark on the gpu and see if i
t was changed...lol

Exostenza
01-29-2016, 05:00 PM
The only thing preventing us with the G751 laptop from running G-Sync is a few lines of code in the BIOS as the leaked beta of G-SYNC worked perfectly on my G751JY laptop without any "retro-fit" required. nVidia has made it so that there needs to be a few lines of code in the BIOS in order to enable G-SYNC so that they can get the 100 dollar licencing fee from ASUS on each laptop even though the actual hardware remains unaltered. This means that Asus, in concert with nVidia, is asking for 100 bucks to flash a slightly altered bios. If ASUS truly cared about their customers they would let us flash the modified BIOS ourselves and not bother with us having to send in the laptop and pay money for them to do it for us. That is some serious capitalism going on here people...

I would like to have G-SYNC on my laptop but for 100 plus shipping to get a couple of lines of code changed on my BIOS and possibly video card BIOS is not worth it as adaptive vsync seems to do a very similar job. I hope that once someone gets their laptop kitted with the necessary BIOS(s) that they will share them with the rest of us so we don't all have to go through this cost/time hullabaloo.

InfernoStorm
01-29-2016, 05:48 PM
The only thing preventing us with the G751 laptop from running G-Sync is a few lines of code in the BIOS as the leaked beta of G-SYNC worked perfectly on my G751JY laptop without any "retro-fit" required. nVidia has made it so that there needs to be a few lines of code in the BIOS in order to enable G-SYNC so that they can get the 100 dollar licencing fee from ASUS on each laptop even though the actual hardware remains unaltered. This means that Asus, in concert with nVidia, is asking for 100 bucks to flash a slightly altered bios. If ASUS truly cared about their customers they would let us flash the modified BIOS ourselves and not bother with us having to send in the laptop and pay money for them to do it for us. That is some serious capitalism going on here people...

I would like to have G-SYNC on my laptop but for 100 plus shipping to get a couple of lines of code changed on my BIOS and possibly video card BIOS is not worth it as adaptive vsync seems to do a very similar job. I hope that once someone gets their laptop kitted with the necessary BIOS(s) that they will share them with the rest of us so we don't all have to go through this cost/time hullabaloo.

:rolleyes: If you think so.

Sanctrum
01-29-2016, 06:14 PM

Bull****!!! They can't do it this way even if it's technically possible, as:
1. The persons like you would steal it. (Rethink your life and your attitude).
2. They would be also offically distributing not their IP - you know, it's not China. We have IP. Companies CAN"T brake IP or will just get annihilated at the global market.

Boxis
01-29-2016, 06:48 PM
Could someone please write here after they have got a positive reply from the customer's service ?

Thanks.

Exostenza
01-29-2016, 08:47 PM
:rolleyes: If you think so.

So thwn how do you explain the beta drivers for GSYNC working perfectly on the G751JY as tested by myself and many others and the new drivers being found that they look for a certain ID on the GPU to enable it? That is all it takes is a few lines of code to enable it.

Corporal
01-29-2016, 09:28 PM
That is all it takes is a few lines of code to enable it.
That's correct, but ASUS can't modify NVidia drivers, and NVidia won't do that for us.
ASUS will have to physically alter HWID and BIOS to comply with NVidia Gsync "copyright protection" and enable Gsync.

I'm very interested in this program, looks like ASUS listened to the customers after all :) I'm impressed

Myloth7
01-29-2016, 09:37 PM
Interested, live in Quebec, Canada

Akik82
01-29-2016, 11:50 PM
Interested, live in France.

InfernoStorm
01-30-2016, 12:12 AM
So thwn how do you explain the beta drivers for GSYNC working perfectly on the G751JY as tested by myself and many others and the new drivers being found that they look for a certain ID on the GPU to enable it? That is all it takes is a few lines of code to enable it.

I tried it on my friend's G751 and we get black screens in every single game almost, it doesn't just only happen when it's under 30FPS as well. So much for it working... Again if it's that simple why are people still here and willing to send back their laptops? Let's just wait a few months later and if you're still believing in your theory and this program is no longer available then you're just going to be without a working G-Sync laptop, it's pretty simple. Yeah so good luck waiting for someone to write in that few lines of code for you which you have no clue about and it will give you a free working solution to fix this. Good luck, seriously, I mean it.

Zenite
01-30-2016, 08:26 AM
That's correct, but ASUS can't modify NVidia drivers, and NVidia won't do that for us.
ASUS will have to physically alter HWID and BIOS to comply with NVidia Gsync "copyright protection" and enable Gsync.

I'm very interested in this program, looks like ASUS listened to the customers after all :) I'm impressed

More likely they just saw an opportunity to gain more money for nothing.

ciccio80
01-30-2016, 09:16 AM
Well guys, let's try to be constructive here. I am the fist one to say Asus and Nvidia should have sit down together and work out a free upgrad for G-Sync on all G751JY (or simply call the new G-Sync G751JY model with another name LOL).
But as it is, we saw that we didin't get the response for almost 8 months, so being today here and HAVING AN OPTION is great.

If you like your G751 as it is, no problem, leave it be.
If you want to upgrade to g-Sync, 99 dollars is not that high a price for a lifetime licence.

The important thing is always having CHOICE. That's what matters at the end.

EDIT: Asus Italy responded to my email saying that my request for g-sync upgrade was submitted to the appropriate department :D

Matthew_88
01-30-2016, 09:48 AM
I sent a mail too.

Europe\Hungary

wmaker
01-30-2016, 11:11 AM
Well guys, let's try to be constructive here. I am the fist one to say Asus and Nvidia should have sit down together and work out a free upgrad for G-Sync on all G751JY (or simply call the new G-Sync G751JY model with another name LOL).
But as it is, we saw that we didin't get the response for almost 8 months, so being today here and HAVING AN OPTION is great.

If you like your G751 as it is, no problem, leave it be.
If you want to upgrade to g-Sync, 99 dollars is not that high a price for a lifetime licence.

The important thing is always having CHOICE. That's what matters at the end.

EDIT: Asus Italy responded to my email saying that my request for g-sync upgrade was submitted to the appropriate department :D

could you please post a screen shoot of the reply. like me i bet some of us may end up having to deal with bad costumer support and that screenshoot would help alot in the process

hexaae
01-30-2016, 12:55 PM
We'd like to know, in case it's just a matter of updating VBIOS (HW upgrade is really needed?), BIOS, and drivers/certificates, if ASUS can arrange a Do It Yourself (DIY) procedure, without the need to send the laptop to ASUS labs. Something like an online payment + reserved area where users can download software tools to upgrade their PCs (+ personal G-Sync license), at their own risk of course.

Thank you.

Rares95
01-30-2016, 02:41 PM
I wouldn't want to send mine in, especially somewhere outside my country.

silverjoel07
01-30-2016, 03:48 PM
I would like to have G-SYNC technology in my laptop but I am not going to send mine to UNITED STATES because I am living in DOMINICAN REPUBLIC.
mine is G751JT

TurkROG
01-30-2016, 05:22 PM
Interesting for sure , but why it is not for free ?? really confusing , t should be free upgrade instead of taking any fees for that >

I Live in Saudi Arabia

th3l34sh
01-30-2016, 06:10 PM
I'm interested for sure, but I'm in India. If the procedure can be done in my country then I'm all for it. Can't send it to USA though. If we could pay online and receive the upgrade digitally, it would be great.

joshindaphils
01-30-2016, 07:14 PM
More likely they just saw an opportunity to gain more money for nothing.

Lets not engage / feed to trolls people. You cannot reason with someone that thinks shipping around a laptop and tearing it apart for hardware modifications for a small subset of customers for $99 is a money grab.

Asus did listen to us and got us what we were asking for within the confines of their relationship with nVidia. This is to be commended plain and simple most companies would not oblige. This is a PR move and not a money grab, stuff like this does not happen over night.

Interested, back in the US of A.

ebikeh
01-30-2016, 08:12 PM
Interested, from Hungary

Chadd
01-30-2016, 08:40 PM
I don't mind paying the fee. I'm just glad we've been given the option. That's all I wanted. :)

ajimi255
01-30-2016, 10:11 PM
Interested. From Brunei.

saiyadjin
01-30-2016, 11:57 PM
interested. From Croatia.

clockworksatan
01-31-2016, 12:21 AM
I'm interested for sure - but I'm going to hold off for now as I'm not keen at all with the thought of sending my G751 away to get something done that could quite easily be performed by the end-user for free. It's like they're dangling a big carrot in front of our noses but asking us to hand over our card details before we can eat it.

challenger1
01-31-2016, 02:20 AM
Sent email with this request.

r_k_y
01-31-2016, 01:25 PM
instrested. From Indonesia

Radagast
01-31-2016, 04:44 PM
Interested from the UK. Would vote but can't...

vempatyappu
01-31-2016, 06:04 PM
Is there an official post or press release about this? I can't seem to find it.

KmiKzee
01-31-2016, 06:27 PM
Interested / Poland

hmscott
01-31-2016, 11:56 PM
This is awesome news, good job Asus!! :)

patsy
02-01-2016, 12:46 AM
Very interested..sent e-mail..Edmonton Canada

ATIXIUM
02-01-2016, 01:58 AM
I'm extremely surprised about this... But I would like to hear from someone that has done the RMA and received the laptop with the results

Jon G
02-01-2016, 04:52 AM
ASUS is offering a great notebook upgrade! I'm interested also. Sent e-mail... Delaware, USA

Asaku01
02-01-2016, 08:20 AM
I'm interested too. Italy, EU

NitroX
02-01-2016, 09:00 AM
Oki doki. This sounds ok. I am interested but I'll be waiting to see what the process actually requires.

From Romania, Europe.

Sargatanas
02-01-2016, 09:12 AM
Just got an answer from ASUS Germany.
They will NOT offer any upgrade at all.

ciccio80
02-01-2016, 09:34 AM
Just got an answer from ASUS Germany.
They will NOT offer any upgrade at all.

That is strange. Can Asus Germany deny you the upgrade if the Asus Motherhouse states on the official forum that it is offered?

liviutatarus
02-01-2016, 10:05 AM
Just got an answer from ASUS U.S.
They will NOT offer any upgrade at all. :((

Chadd
02-01-2016, 10:35 AM
Can we get a further official comment on this please?
Are regional Asus offices aware of this?

ciccio80
02-01-2016, 11:17 AM
Well if U.S. and Germany won't upgrade our G751s, who will? Samoa Islands?
This is getting frustrating. Hope we can get an official Asus statment on this one...:(

P.S. did you guys link this thread in your requests?

Sargatanas
02-01-2016, 12:02 PM
Yes, I sent them the link to this thread, still no upgrade for Germany

viper3000
02-01-2016, 12:59 PM
Answer from Slovakia/Czech Asus - Service .....

Vážený zákazníku,
pouze novější notebooky této řady, jejichž základní deska má od výroby podporu G-Sync,
může použít onen BIOS a ovladače. Podle sériového čísla však Váš notebook nemá základní desku,
která po upgradu BIOSu a ovladačů použití G-Sync umožňuje. Není možno tedy G-Sync zprovoznit.
Kdyby bylo možné Vám upgrade nabídnout podle hardwaru ve Vašem notebooku,
hned bych Vám to nabídnul. Pokud někdo nabízí změnu hardwaru,
firmwaru a softwaru jak píše do toho příspěvku, pak jej kontaktujte a požádejte o více informací, prosím.

Dear Customer,
only newer notebooks in this series, has the motherboard to support the production of G-Sync,
that can use BIOS and drivers. According your serial number of your laptop doesn't have motherboard, which support G-Sync.
It is not possible therefore, G-Sync and running.
If it were possible offer by you upgrade the hardware in your laptop.
I immediately offered to you. If someone offers hardware change,
firmware and software writes to the post, then contact him and ask for more information, please. :(:(
I think that it is ADMINS 1.April ????

Sargatanas
02-01-2016, 01:04 PM
yea - but definitely not funny at all

warryabel
02-01-2016, 02:43 PM
got my answer from gsyns request...it means ion german, scheiße

vielen Dank für die Seriennummer.

Leider, liegen uns keine Informationen vor, wann und ob ein G-Sync Update für Ihr Notebook zur Verfügung gestellt wird.

Wir bedauern, dass wir Ihnen keine positive Nachricht geben können, danken jedoch für Ihr Verständnis.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Chadd
02-01-2016, 03:04 PM
got my answer from gsyns request...it means ion german, scheiße

vielen Dank für die Seriennummer.

Leider, liegen uns keine Informationen vor, wann und ob ein G-Sync Update für Ihr Notebook zur Verfügung gestellt wird.

Wir bedauern, dass wir Ihnen keine positive Nachricht geben können, danken jedoch für Ihr Verständnis.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

English:

we have no information as to when and whether a G - Sync update for your notebook is provided . We regret that we can not give you any positive news , however, apologize for any inconvenience .

ebikeh
02-01-2016, 03:07 PM
Got info from Hungarian customer support.

They told me that they don't know the exact date of G-SYNC support (RMA) in Europe, cuz its just announced in the U.S. and atm only U.S ppl can get the upgrade.

hexaae
02-01-2016, 03:49 PM
I think this thread and emails sent to ASUS are just for evaluating how many customers and where (for statistics purposes considering logistic options...) would be interested. In other words: it's early at this time, and many local ASUS labs may still not know anything about this initiative.
Poll would also make sense in this case.

Edweird
02-01-2016, 04:37 PM
Andrew from CS told me that the upgrades are only for the US at the moment, and they'll notify me when they're available in other countries.

It's silly any way you look at it - either ASUS employess all over the world are clueless as to what the company is actually doing OR this is just a probe. Both are bad, shouldn't announce such things without sufficient preparation, even if it is a "Just USA atm" and make it clear that this might take some time to set up, which is understandable.

I don't mind it if it's a marketing run at waiting for G-SYNC G751s to get a good market share and then come back and do this to appear as heroes and just grab more money. But at least handle it with some control...

Chadd
02-01-2016, 06:24 PM
Message I received from ASUS:

"Concerning your message about the G751JY, the G-SYNC Upgrade on ROG G751JY/JT Laptop, as advertised at: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?82612-G-SYNC-Upgrade-on-ROG-G751JY-JT-Laptops-Now-Available!is available only in the USA at the moment. As soon as it will be available for other countries we will announce it on our website. Thank you for understanding"

Not good enough really.
The OP doesn't say it is USA only.
If this is USA only, can someone at ASUS please clarify WHERE and WHEN this will be available to other regions?

Edweird
02-01-2016, 06:40 PM
I got the exact same message so I guess they're copy/pasting them now. Hooray, USA.

BloodyEGO
02-01-2016, 07:12 PM
interested. Europe, Romania

challenger1
02-01-2016, 07:34 PM
Could we have been punk'ed? This is sounding kinda fishy!

wmaker
02-01-2016, 07:42 PM
i think its time for the OP to come forward once again and give more details.
also got a reply saying its only available for US and not europe. if this is true then when can we expect it to be available in europe??
If only the US gets this then its completely unfair that EU dont have the option.
If this was to test how many would like it would be rly bad pr from asus.

OP or someone able to make a asus statement could you please clarify ?

Radagast
02-01-2016, 07:59 PM
I got the same from Andrew. What makes this even stranger that this should start today but all we have is a poll. Also why for 3 months only?

Bahz: "The G-SYNC upgrade offer begins on February 1, 2016 and will end on May 1, 2016."

liviutatarus
02-01-2016, 08:18 PM
For any existing owners of ROG G751JY/JT laptops (without G-SYNC) who are excited about the new G-SYNC feature, and are wondering if your laptop can be upgraded, ASUS ROG is making it possible! We are excited to offer you the G-SYNC upgrade for the low cost of only US$99 (cost does not include shipping and may vary slightly based on your region). The G-SYNC upgrade offer begins on February 1, 2016 and will end on May 1, 2016.

A hardware, firmware and software retrofit are necessary for your laptop to support G-SYNC. If you are interested in the retrofit service, please vote in the poll and contact our customer support with the following information and our local teams will be in touch (in order for your laptop to be sent in):

1. Your name
2. Country of residence
3. Your email address

Customer Support Link: https://vip.asus.com/VIP2/Services/QuestionForm?lang=en-us

Bahz explain to us why and how! You started this topic and you've turned on the others and as you can see, everything seems to be a big lie! We are waiting for explanations and do not want to believe that you have mocked us.

Drunkenninja
02-01-2016, 10:36 PM
I got this response today:

Dear valued customer. Regarding your below request, Unfortunately, we do not-have Any official information as of yet. Please check the Asus website Periodically For Information and Technical Support please try to contact the Greek Support at: 00800 44142044 (TOLL FREE) (not available from mobile phones and VoIP phones) (09am to 13pm - 14pm to 18pm, Monday to Friday). (From Cyprus: 800 92491) Email: support@asus.gr. Thank you for Contacting ASUS Service Technical Best Regards ASUS HELP DESK

Not very helpful unfortunately.

Bahz
02-02-2016, 02:07 AM
Sorry guys I've been extremely sick the past 2 days and even made a trip to the hospital so I wasn't able to keep an eye on this thread.

The upgrade program is definitely real and we released an internal notice to all the regions but shockingly it appears that it hasn't reached everyone at the local regions yet. We're currently trying to reach all our local region service teams and want to make sure they're aware of this upgrade program.

I also see some people questioning if this may just be a software or firmware upgrade, I can tell you for sure it isn't. I'm not able to share the other details of the process as this goes against our agreement with Nvidia. If this was simply just a software or firmware update then we wouldn't go through the trouble to have people send in their notebook.

silverjoel07
02-02-2016, 02:43 AM
Sorry guys I've been extremely sick the past 2 days and even made a trip to the hospital so I wasn't able to keep an eye on this thread.

The upgrade program is definitely real and we released an internal notice to all the regions but shockingly it appears that it hasn't reached everyone at the local regions yet. We're currently trying to reach all our local region service teams and want to make sure they're aware of this upgrade program.

I also see some people questioning if this may just be a software or firmware upgrade, I can tell you for sure it isn't. I'm not able to share the other details of the process as this goes against our agreement with Nvidia. If this was simply just a software or firmware update then we wouldn't go through the trouble to have people send in their notebook.
pure lies!!!
no need to install a hardware in order to have g-sync.
and if this is true our laptop was not designed to be installed any other hardware than it already have installed.

silverjoel07
02-02-2016, 02:46 AM
NVIDIA have said to you the true "we can get more money"

silverjoel07
02-02-2016, 02:54 AM
i am not interested on this upgrade because you have seen so many thread about G-SYNC and you were silence for life time man.
you only were taking care of closing thread about g-sync.
and now you come with this holy upgrade.
sorry but i am not going to buy an asus laptop anymore.

Matthew_88
02-02-2016, 03:00 AM
"Dear Valued Customer,

thanks for your kindly mail.

Sorry, G-sync is not an update. If you want to upgrade your notebook to a G-sync ready device you should replace the motherboard that contains the CPU.

G-sync ready MBs are: (for G751JY notebook)

90NB06F1-R00090 G751JY-1A (EUROPE)(20150515) G751JY MB._0M/I7-4720HQ/AS (V4G)(TBT)(G-SYNC)
90NB06F1-R00100 G751JY-1A (EUROPE)(20150513) G751JY MB._0M/I7-4870HQ/AS (V4G)(TBT)G-SYNC)
90NB06F1-R00110 G751JY-1A (EUROPE)(20150603) G751JY MB._0M/I7-4750HQ/AS (V4G)(TBT)(G-SYNC)
Our service partner can help you to replace the mainboard. Please contact with them.

FixDirect Kft.

1033 Budapest"

I got this message from costumer service.
I checked the motherboard on internet. It costs about 1150€. If I want to buy it...
It is not 99$.

Nobody knows anything in Hungary. If it's global (I hope so) Asus needs to communicate with all of it's costumer services...
We need to get this upgrade!

And how could G-sync worked with the 347.25 driver in our notebook? Why they want to replace my motherboard?
And why this upgrade time is closed (feb 1- may1)?????

Bahz
02-02-2016, 03:00 AM
You're entitled to your own opinion but I'm simply just providing more details on what I know from my side.

Bahz
02-02-2016, 03:05 AM
We'll be trying to contact all our local customer service teams over the next couple of days and hopefully before the end of week that they'll know the news of this upgrade program is indeed real and has already started.

challenger1
02-02-2016, 03:24 AM
This a scam guys. Asus replied back and stated they have no update available. Don't know what the OP is trying to do here but this is not available.

Bahz
02-02-2016, 03:32 AM
If this was a scam why would we tell you to contact the local customer service teams. Please do wait a few more days until the news spreads to all the local service teams.

toronto699
02-02-2016, 03:49 AM
About the OP My Guess is Bahz is at Asus HQ in Taipei Taiwan , and as any huge company , communications with world offices are slow , even when a directive is given to those offices, it slowly makes its way down From Top Management to the Front Lines , Ive communicated with Bahz a few times hes a straight shooter very honest very helpful , So Give Asus Sometime , The G-Sync Upgrade will work its way through the Asus Communication System in all countries, The Offer Of a G-Sync Upgrade For The G751 is Just Awesome On Asus's Part. How many Other Companies would have done that, I Believe Asus Cares and So Does Bahz , Hes Just the Messenger So to Speak Of An Asus Management Decision the Bearer Of Good News. Thank You Asus and Thank You Bahz. 99$ is a few cups of coffee a month where I live. That's a very Cheap Price to pay For an Awesome Up Grade. So Again , Thanks Bahz , Thanks Asus. Thanks ROG

liviutatarus
02-02-2016, 06:11 AM
Nobody dies until the end of the week. To have wait and see. I really want G-Sync and $ 99 seems a decent price.

ciccio80
02-02-2016, 07:17 AM
Thank you for the response Bahz. I will wait and see if Asus Italy recontacts me, if not I will call them next week.
And hope you get well soon, health is the most important thing after all :)

For the guys trying to start a flame war or get personal with Bahz:
he is just a messenger for Asus. There is no point in arguing about the update beeing software-bios-hw (I have my own opinion about it)...but the good thing is Asus has finally made possible for us to upgrade to G-Sync for a reasonable price.

If you want, spend and upgrade.
If you feel that is too much, don't upgrade and be happy (use nab's program instead).

I know I will upgrade, since that way I will have G-Sync (plus my notebook will gain value). :D

viper3000
02-02-2016, 07:38 AM
Maybe - when service - upgrade your motherboard with "G-Sync modul" Maybe .....sound will be at last GOOD (no poping,sretching atc) ......
( but I think that - they will not update motherboard .... because - our notebook not needed G-sync module because - it is only software/bios upgrade) :D:D

It's NVIDIA Lies my opinion....

Chadd
02-02-2016, 08:29 AM
Bahz, thanks for coming back to us with more news.
I will try contacting Asus local support again next week and hopefully they will know more about it by then.
P.S. Get well soon.

wmaker
02-02-2016, 09:58 AM

First of all thanks for the updated information. just replied to costumer service to warn me once they get the internal updated on this campaign.
Just have one question for you, since it's probably faster then costumers support.

Can we just send the laptops without hard drives ? that may be a big question that must of us may want answers on since some of us may not want to risk losing all the data on or seeing it somehow changed.

Boxis
02-02-2016, 10:17 AM
I have just got respond as well.

They are telling that they will indeed offer this service in EU as well. The price will be around 100€ + shipping(price is not yet decided). They also haven't got the required parts for the retrofit yet (they said they will need to change whole motherboard), they are discussing their availability with the manufacturer.

They will let me know, when the required parts(motherboard) are available in my region so I can send the laptop in.

By the way, thank you Bahz for this topic/information about the process.

CLass
02-02-2016, 07:24 PM
Nice Asus! waited months for this!

Email sent, hope the German Support will provide Information quickly.

Have a nice day!

Sargatanas
02-02-2016, 07:36 PM
2 of 2 German Support request = no, not offered

Edweird
02-02-2016, 08:19 PM
100 euro before shipping and going through the trouble of shipping it is not worth the G-SYNC upgrade imo
Who knows where you'd have to ship this giant box to, as well, might end up being 150 euro total.

vempatyappu
02-02-2016, 08:56 PM
Anyone from USA getting favorable response?

Xehanort
02-02-2016, 11:27 PM
If I had to pay for a simple software upgrade/BIOS upgrade/whatever, i'd be interested. I am not gonna pay 100€ + shipping, which will probably be too high for me, to send in my laptop and wait god knows how many weeks to get it back in, hopefully, the same aesthetic condition.

I do appreciate the move ASUS, really do. I just can't do it :(

winyl
02-03-2016, 10:58 AM
Since CPU and GPU are solered to mobo on G751 this retrofit will mean motherboard repecement or if not, technicians will resolder proper hwid resistors
direcly on GPU card. I see no other option. And since resoldering resistors is way cheaper, what do you think it will be? And I found gsync cookie in the G751 bios,
I did not scan gpu bios, I wonder if it needs one there :)

Edweird
02-03-2016, 12:13 PM
Well, when I got a BIOS brick, they didn't even bother to fix it, they just swapped the mobo and were done with it. So I assume that's what they're gonna do here.

hexaae
02-03-2016, 12:14 PM
Since CPU and GPU are solered to mobo on G751 this retrofit will mean motherboard repecement or if not, technicians will resolder proper hwid resistors
direcly on GPU card. I see no other option. And since resoldering resistors is way cheaper, what do you think it will be? And I found gsync cookie in the G751 bios,
I did not scan gpu bios, I wonder if it needs one there :)
As Matthew_88 said here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?82612-G-SYNC-Upgrade-on-ROG-G751JY-JT-Laptops-Now-Available!&p=570933&viewfull=1#post570933
I doubt a HW replacement is required: why the hacked nVidia drivers did enable G-Sync without HW modifications?
The author always said it was a software DRM limitation between BIOS/VBIOS and NEVER mentioned a bypassed HW component check.
IMHO it's just a matter of VBIOS, BIOS (personal license stored somewhere), some software certificates in Windows.
No motherboard replacement probably required (and 99$ is suspiciously cheap in this case)...

silverjoel07
02-03-2016, 12:32 PM
there are many reasons to not to believe in a new hardware install, but there are still many people here knowing this and they do not care about it, they are agreed to pay $100 for this lies of upgrade.

Sanctrum
02-03-2016, 12:42 PM
Hey, If you can't afford extra $100 or 100Eur... Who had bought you G751?

wjyzxcv
02-03-2016, 12:58 PM
I'm interested but I'm currently in Japan and it seems G751JY/JT are not available here?

Edweird
02-03-2016, 01:07 PM
The problem is it's not just another $100 (and in EURO it's a considerably higher sum, anyways) but also shipping and worries, especially if you live in some backwater country like me. If the shipping is like $10, then it's fair. If it's in the same country, even better.

I know what the motherboard on mine looks like, if they swap it, I'd know. So suppose it's just an extra piece of metal stuck somewhere on the motherboard - that's still a seprate Item Number. I'm pretty sure they can't ADD the component on to magically make our standard motherboards have whatever ID's etc. etc., they'd have to put in the whole hardware assembly in since the new internals would be considered a wholly different component.

About the price being too low - I wonder what ASUS does with all the surplus components from aging notebooks. I doubt they throw them away, most likely recycle for new hardware. They'll have enough of these motherboards around. Another possiblity is that the actual license is less - maybe less than even $50, who knows.

Either way, kinda pointless to faff about it too much until someone actually has theirs done - then we can know for sure what changes.
If it happens here and the shipping price is alright, I'd go for it. Moreover, if they do change the motherboards out, which, again, I think they'll have to do, that means 4710 -> 4720 upgrade for me since all new 751s seemed to only come with 4720s by the time G-SYNC arrived, which offsets the $100 bill slightly.

DEagleson
02-03-2016, 01:35 PM
Hi,
Thank you for your email.
Sorry about the late reply, but we have got an answer for your question.
This is the answer we got from the head office : This is not applicable in the Nordic countries. (The offer is only available in the U.S for units purchased in the U.S).
Have a nice day.

Best Regards,
J W B
ASUS Customer Service

This is what i got back after making a support ticket. I'l wait 1 more week before asking about it again.
Highly doubt Asus would ignore the Nordic countries, we love buying expensive stuff here. lol

silverjoel07
02-03-2016, 01:47 PM

jajaja is a good question man, but unfortunately it does not place to my person... please forget about $100 and realize that you are going to be fooled by nvidia and asus.

wmaker
02-03-2016, 01:52 PM
This is what i got back after making a support ticket. I'l wait 1 more week before asking about it again.
Highly doubt Asus would ignore the Nordic countries, we love buying expensive stuff here. lol

in denmark here, got the same answer as you basically. but still pushing for the support to dig in to get more information on it since OP said info is being sent.

toronto699
02-03-2016, 02:51 PM
Asus Should make a Press Release and contact all Major Review sites to clarify the G-Sync UpGrade . We as G751 owners should post on those tech sites to put pressure on Asus to clarify the G-Sync upgrade. Asus Global Communication must be Awefull , Left Hand Does Not Know what Right Hand is Doing. OK I visited an Asus Service Center In my City , The G-Sync upgrade involves more than a software , bios upgrade , its involves a hardware upgrade, We all maybe surprised when upgrade is completed , as in a Processor upgrade as well. Say Asus Service Centre in My City, New Up Graded Motherboard in All likely Hood. Asus Needs New PR Reps , so far this is not Going Well For Asus . They should Extend the Upgrade period. Whos In Charge OF Asus PR , They need to get their Stuff together, Asus Rog owners will be miffed if this keeps going on with denial of the Upgrade Program .Public Relations Disaster for Asus So Far. A simple Post in This Forum For the G-Sync Upgrade Does Nothing For G751 Owners Who Do Not Visit The Rog Forums.
Hatsune Miku

hexaae
02-03-2016, 03:51 PM
There is no problem for me and 99$ is not so much. But the point of view was different: many users have some concerns about sending in their perfectly working laptops, and since it's also a "desktop replacement" one, some customers can't really wait 15-30 days to have it back.
Here is my position explained: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?82612-G-SYNC-Upgrade-on-ROG-G751JY-JT-Laptops-Now-Available!&p=570315&viewfull=1#post570315
If it would be just a BIOS/VBIOS, and other software changes required to add this personal license DRM many customers would like to do the fix by themselves: zero wait time, no need to send in the rig.

I repeat it's VERY strange the hacked nVidia drivers did work fine with G-Sync (I've tested it personally on my G751JY) and the author never mentioned a HW check besides VBIOS/BIOS DRM limitations...

ciccio80
02-03-2016, 06:44 PM
I think Asus/Nvidia will never let this be "only a bios update" because the minute they do it, someone will dump the bios and make it awailable to everyone else for free... so They WILL require us to send the notebooks back to them so they can do some kind of inor hw update (like different transistors id). But I am fine with that as long as I finally have G-sync.
Only fear I have is that unless Asus arranges some kind of fast shipment over a specific carrier, we might be stuck waiting up to a month to have our notebooks back :(

Meeliskt
02-03-2016, 06:49 PM
Not possible in Estonia and Latvia. Asus support dont know nothing about this upgrade. They dont even know, that they sell G751 with G-Sync allready.

Chadd
02-03-2016, 07:02 PM
By the time the message reaches the local Asus centres they won't be doing the upgrade anymore.

viper3000
02-03-2016, 07:15 PM
OK. My friends. This is answer from Czech/Slovakia Asus Servis Center.
" We received information about planing upgrade old series G751 notebook.
This upgrade includes motherboard + software update. If you want this upgrade please sent your name,email and confirmation that you want upgrade"
Price this upgrade will by about 3000CZ/100€
Sorry for my bad English - it isnt my language.

Edweird
02-03-2016, 08:25 PM
Ugh, 100 euros. But yeah, new motherboard. Means new CPU etc...besides, its nice to have a refresh of the hardware :) Don't have to clean the fans out. So really you're paying for a new cpu if you have the older 4710, g-sync, hardware refresh and cleanout.

viper3000
02-03-2016, 09:40 PM
Edweird -- Im not sure if new motherboard - means also new CPU... (in 100€ price) hmmm ...We will see.

BUT I think that - If they update motherboard - maybe we will have updated audio (no popind etc)

ciccio80
02-03-2016, 10:00 PM
P.S. if they change the motherboard, hope this time around it will came with the M.2 slot (mine is without).

liviutatarus
02-03-2016, 10:35 PM
Refresh the processor can also mean 4750HQ, right? :)))

Edweird
02-03-2016, 10:42 PM
Hope not, 4750 is a lower performance CPU. As I said earlier, I think all G-SYNC mobos have at least a 4720 in them.

liviutatarus
02-03-2016, 10:52 PM
Disagree!
"Dear Valued Customer,

Sorry, G-sync is not an update. If you want to upgrade your notebook to a G-sync ready device you should replace the motherboard that contains the CPU.

90NB06F1-R00090 G751JY-1A (EUROPE)(20150515) G751JY MB._0M/I7-4720HQ/AS (V4G)(TBT)(G-SYNC)
90NB06F1-R00100 G751JY-1A (EUROPE)(20150513) G751JY MB._0M/I7-4870HQ/AS (V4G)(TBT)G-SYNC)
90NB06F1-R00110 G751JY-1A (EUROPE)(20150603) G751JY MB._0M/I7-4750HQ/AS (V4G)(TBT)(G-SYNC)
Our service partner can help you to replace the mainboard. Please contact with them.

Jon G
02-04-2016, 04:01 AM

I'm in the US & created a support ticket too. Two days later was told by ASUS support that they checked my G751JY
S/N and G-SYNC is not possible on the ASUS G751JY notebook. They also stated that ASUS does not offer a G751JY
notebook G-SYNC upgrade.
I don't believe this $99 G-SYNC G751JY notebook upgrade thread any longer.

warryabel
02-04-2016, 09:15 AM
Disagree!
"Dear Valued Customer,

have little bit searched...the offered 90NB06F1-R00110 G751JY-1A model seems to have optimus but what i read :
"Q: Does G-SYNC work with Optimus technology?
A: G-SYNC currently does not work with Optimus technology.

hexaae
02-04-2016, 09:22 AM

So the mobo s/n must be this (from G751JY original box):

I still can't understand why 374.25 hacked nVidia drivers by GameNab did work on my rig then, without HW modifications. It stinks of usual nVidia mafia... BIOS/VBIOS update with personal license cookie inside would probably do the trick, and I'd be happy to pay for it without having to send my G751JY in.... But if we have no other choice than playing our part in this farce to have G-Sync, okay anyway...

wmaker
02-04-2016, 09:41 AM
Time for the OP to come back and give some official answers. Lots of us even after waiting and sending email to support still get a NO as awnser.
This post starting to sound fake. if it isnt then please update us and the support asap because this is crazy. We are willing to pay for a upgrade+ shipping and most of us only get a no as anwser, this is not acceptable at all.
From asus support the last 2 reply i got are:

"Thank you for contacting Asus support.

We've just gotten words from our higher ups and this is unfortunately not applicable in nordic countries.

Venlig hilsen/Best regards,

Aziel

ASUS Customer Service"

"Thank you for contacting Asus support.

We have investigated the matter with the higher ups and that is where the information came from.

Venlig hilsen/Best regards,

Aziel

ASUS Customer Service"

OP give us a update.

Myloth7
02-04-2016, 09:59 AM
I got this answer from support (Canada)

"Unfortunately currently I haven't related the accurate time when the G-sync upgrade would be officially released in Canada.
As it hasn't been officially announced, we couldn't provide the detailed process to apply it.

Thanks for your understanding and sorry for the inconvenience."

Matthew_88
02-04-2016, 10:57 AM
Hello everybody!

There is an update on the first page from Bahz!

UPDATE:
On behalf of ASUS and ROG I would like apologize for all the confusion caused. I can guarantee to all of you that this upgrade program is indeed legitimate. A program of this magnitude which didn't exclude any countries to begin with has its difficulties because to my knowledge we've never done anything like this before. As some of you mentioned I'm simply a messenger and I was told that all regions were notified of this program and to post it up, however after the first day we found out that this wasn't the case. We originally delayed the announcement by another week so we can notify all the service teams for all regions, but in the end we realized this still wasn't sufficient. We are working hard to communicate and make sure all our customer service teams and call centers around the globe are fully aware of this program, and during this time we ask that you please be patient with us and please try again in one week. If after one week and you are still getting a response that this program doesn't exist, please send me a PM and I will personally handle it and have one of our customer service representatives contact you. We apologize for the all inconveniences caused and thank you for your understanding.

wmaker
02-04-2016, 01:45 PM
First of all thanks for the update.
Will wait another week to see how it goes.
Hopefully by then ill get a positive answer, and i hope we all get it, other way may your inbox RIP :P

antoine52200
02-04-2016, 02:39 PM
Well, this seams to be a good offer from ASUS, and if it was just a licence i would jump on it.. however, I think, i'm gonna pass on this, i'm not confortable sending my entier laptop to ASUS, and let them change who knows what, to realise after that somes features/ important hardware are missing due to the "update".

We all have been waiting for this for so long, i don't want to jump on this blindly without all the informations..They won't change the motherboard for 100 $!! Who would believe that? Come on.

We don't know how long it will take, what will be changed and with what exactly? Admin said it himself, this is a first for ASUS, so it's gonna be messy I prefer to wait and see what members will have to say when they get it back.

Kommandoh
02-04-2016, 05:11 PM
Well, this seams to be a good offer from ASUS, and if it was just a licence i would jump on it.. however, I think, i'm gonna pass on this, i'm not confortable sending my entier laptop to ASUS, and let them change who knows what, to realise after that somes features/ important hardware are missing due to the "update".

We all have been waiting for this for so long, i don't want to jump on this blindly without all the informations..They won't change the motherboard for 100 $!! Who would believe that? Come on.

We don't know how long it will take, what will be changed and with what exactly? Admin said it himself, this is a first for ASUS, so it's gonna be messy I prefer to wait and see what members will have to say when they get it back.

I agree. It feels strange for me to get a new MB for 100€, when I paid my whole laptot 1700€. Yeah I know, screen and stuff, but the most expensive part is the MB right ?

Another issue for me is the waiting time. I can't be without my laptop 2 months, I need it to work.

I guess I'll pass on this, the laptop is working nicely (except for WiFi/Sound/USB, but whateever...).

borgwarrior
02-04-2016, 10:32 PM
@op, thanks for the heads up!
Nvidia: shame on you. SHAME ON YOU!
Even if I would settle with the 100 euros (which I find offensive, since I paid 1900 for this laptop, and nvidia still wants to milk me? disgusting), I simply couldn't afford the time without the laptop, since it's my workstation as well.
So, sadly, I'll pass. Out of curiosity, if someone would reply on the cpu question (new one, or the original stays), I'd be thankful.

Zoltan

Bahz
02-05-2016, 08:37 AM
A few common questions that you guys have asked that I went to ask our Notebook team here in HQ to further clarify:

1) Will I need to ship back the Notebook with the hard drives?
Yes, you will need to ship back the unit with the hard drives. It's recommended that all users create a backup of all files before shipping back the notebook to us. We won't be responsible for missing or damaged/corrupted data on your hard drives because if this was to happen it would most likely be caused during shipping.

2) Will my CPU be downgraded?
No, the CPU will not be downgraded and would be an equivalent or better performance CPU.

Edweird
02-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Can't imagine why they would need the hard drives in ... my OS is on a separately bought SSD, the original drive is only for data, do you want me to ship the SSD, too haha

Anyways, the bit about the CPU pretty much *almost* confirms for me that it's just going to be a motherboard swap to a 4720HQ G-SYNC fitted one.

dwaindablane
02-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Yes please, Europe - UK

Boxis
02-05-2016, 10:17 AM
@Edweird - It might be a 4870HQ as well (probably upgrade from 4860HQ), but let's see.

silverjoel07
02-05-2016, 12:10 PM
A few common questions that you guys have asked that I went to ask our Notebook team here in HQ to further clarify:

1) Will I need to ship back the Notebook with the hard drives?
Yes, you will need to ship back the unit with the hard drives. It's recommended that all users create a backup of all files before shipping back the notebook to us. We won't be responsible for missing or damaged/corrupted data on your hard drives because if this was to happen it would most likely be caused during shipping.

2) Will my CPU be downgraded?
No, the CPU will not be downgraded and would be an equivalent or better performance CPU.

it is strange that you only have time to answer questions like this and here many of us have made you a simple question.
WHY WE CAN ACTIVATE THE TECHNOLOGY G-SYNC WITH SOME TOOLS MADE BY GAMENAB OR WITH THE ASUS'S Leaked Alpha Driver?

winyl
02-05-2016, 12:36 PM
Yes you need to first flash 1617 vbios, before you resolder resistors. Or you will have to do blind flash,but it might not be possible.. I doubt they replace whole mobo
for 100Euros/100$. Not doable :)
As I remember gsync version of G751 was 70-80 euros more expensive than no gsync version, which propably is nvidia price for gsync licence.
So you think for 20-30 euros they do what? Replace whole mobo? Dream on.
It is just vbios flash + proper resistors.

antoine52200
02-05-2016, 12:54 PM
Of course they won't change the motherboard !! come on guys and you won't have a new motherboard and better CPU for only 100$!!! Are you really that blind?? Reading this makes me smile so much

They gonna change a resistor that contains the Hardware serial number which will allow your laptop to have official g-sync with the last nvidia driver!
NVIDIA don't want to change it's list of compatible serial number, so ASUS can only change the resistor that is blocking G-sync!

Still i'm not gonna bother, when i see admin maybe "promessing" better cpu with the 100$ upgrade!!
This is insane!!
This proves again that it's gonna be messy! Specialy for the few first to send their laptop ...

viper3000
02-05-2016, 12:57 PM
silverjoei07 - I'm not sure if i understand you.
Your question is why we don't use g-sync with alpa driver....??? Alpa driver has bug - black screeen and it can be used with old driver 347.xx ....

It's my general problem why I want asus upgrade.

antoine52200
02-05-2016, 01:02 PM
The leaked alpha driver, worked because this driver didn't check the hardware serial number for activation.

The newer drivers do! That simple. ASUS will just change that resistor with one that has the correct serial number for G-sync activation..

And i still don't understand why ASUS is lying about this, trying to make us think the motherboard will be changed! Even going as far as saying for 100$ you may even get a better CPU!!

Do you even listen to yourself?

Chadd
02-05-2016, 01:13 PM
Before calling them liars how about we wait and see what happens, hmm?

antoine52200
02-05-2016, 01:24 PM
Before calling them liars how about we wait and see what happens, hmm?

No need to wait, nobody will get a 4870 with g-sync instead of a 4860 and all that for 100$!! you will just have G-sync!

Which i have to say! it's really great that ASUS offer this! and i admire them for that! I think they do care about keeping their gamers customers! Not many companies would do this.

But no need to go overboard like this, making half promesses that they won't keep anyway.

I'm not saying they won't give you G-sync i'm saying they won't change your motherboard and definetly won't upgrade your CPU. they gonna change a resistor, that's all!

Or am i mistaking and the title of this thread is CPU upgrade?

silverjoel07
02-05-2016, 01:49 PM
silverjoei07 - I'm not sure if i understand you.
Your question is why we don't use g-sync with alpa driver....??? Alpa driver has bug - black screeen and it can be used with old driver 347.xx ....

It's my general problem why I want asus upgrade.

HEY MAN, THANKS FOR ANSWER A QUESTION THAT NEVER WAS MADE AND FOR RESPONDING SOMETHING THAT NOBODY KNOWS HERE!!!:confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edweird
02-05-2016, 03:23 PM
Please don't overreact...nobody said it's a promise.
Call me stupid if you will, I just think they'll just swap the motherboards.
If they don't, oh well.

I just mentioned that it's a possibility that you might get a better CPU out of it and Bahz confirmed the possiblity.
Yeah, it's gonna be messy, of course. They couldn't figure out how to tell each other what's happening, that wasn't a surprise to me, either.

Just wait and see what happens. I don't really care either way, it's just a nice thought - from what I've seen so far it's more trouble for them to put in a resistor or whatever than to just swap the whole mobo assembly, so I thought it was logical to assume it was going to be changed with the newer 4720 motherboards. It may be ignorant or naive or whatever, but I still take it as a possiblity.

Bahz
02-05-2016, 03:27 PM
No need to wait, nobody will get a 4870 with g-sync instead of a 4860 and all that for 100$!! you will just have G-sync!

Which i have to say! it's really great that ASUS offer this! and i admire them for that! I think they do care about keeping their gamers customers! Not many companies would do this.

But no need to go overboard like this, making half promesses that they won't keep anyway.

I'm not saying they won't give you G-sync i'm saying they won't change your motherboard and definetly won't upgrade your CPU. they gonna change a resistor, that's all!

Or am i mistaking and the title of this thread is CPU upgrade?

Hi antoine52200,

I didn't even mention anything about the CPU being promised to be an upgrade, it's just that it definitely won't be a downgrade as suggested by some. I saw this question being asked a few times and asked our engineers in the Notebook department.

Whether or not a CPU and board change is required or not I'm not sure but our engineer replied to the question, maybe in a strange way but he meant that if there were to be a CPU change it would only be a equivalent CPU or better and won't be worse. Hope this clarifies it.

Best Regards,
Bahz

antoine52200
02-05-2016, 03:36 PM
Hi antoine52200,

I didn't even mention anything about the CPU being promised to be an upgrade, it's just that it definitely won't be a downgrade as suggested by some. I saw this question being asked a few times and asked our engineers in the Notebook department.

Whether or not a CPU change is required or not I'm not sure but our engineer replied to the question, maybe in a strange way but he meant that if there were to be a CPU change it would only be a equivalent CPU or better and won't be worse. Hope this clarifies it.

Best Regards,
Bahz

you clarify this, yet you don't reply on the motherboard change or the resistor which contains id! because you well know it is not necessary and won't happen! all your replies are vague sorry! who can believe a motherboard change, with g-sync for 100$!!!

However, the fact that asus offer the update is great, and thank you for this, but don't tell people you will change the motherboard.

If people here send their laptop i would love for them to check motherboard id before sending it, and check again after..

And yes It is a strange way to put it yes because you well know people wil understand what they want to hear.. thinking, maybe i will get a CPU upgrade, let do it!

Edweird
02-05-2016, 03:39 PM
I don't recall him telling anyone they'd be changing motherboards...
Mine was marked last time I had a RMA so I would know if it is changed.
I plan on doing the upgrade depending on the cost of shipping.

We should also know what package to send it in - mine came with the big box that also has the backpack, so that's not good for shipping, RMA shipping was free. This will be clarified on an individial basis, I guess, but it is a consideration.

Bahz
02-05-2016, 03:47 PM
The point of the questions is to answer the people who are concerned and not mean to be dissected into details where I'm in no position to be able to provide any further details. I apologize that you misunderstood the answers and interpreted it in a different way.

antoine52200
02-05-2016, 03:47 PM
Please don't overreact...nobody said it's a promise.
Call me stupid if you will, I just think they'll just swap the motherboards.
If they don't, oh well.

I just mentioned that it's a possibility that you might get a better CPU out of it and Bahz confirmed the possiblity.
Yeah, it's gonna be messy, of course. They couldn't figure out how to tell each other what's happening, that wasn't a surprise to me, either.

Just wait and see what happens. I don't really care either way, it's just a nice thought - from what I've seen so far it's more trouble for them to put in a resistor or whatever than to just swap the whole mobo assembly, so I thought it was logical to assume it was going to be changed with the newer 4720 motherboards. It may be ignorant or naive or whatever, but I still take it as a possiblity.

Come on it's much easier to change a resistor than the all motherboard!! with CPU not removable.. you think you have a new G PU too?

antoine52200
02-05-2016, 03:48 PM
The point of the questions is to answer the people who are concerned and not mean to be dissected into details where I'm in no position to be able to provide any further details. I apologize that you misunderstood the answers and interpreted in a different way.

Right! :)

Edweird
02-05-2016, 03:57 PM
It IS easier to change/put in a resistor...to any normal man. (Though to be honest, people tear these down in less than 10 minutes, anyways ... so ... making preparations for soldering etc. would probably take more time than that.)

Computer companies work in myserious ways.

It's just my 2 cents. I don't care if I get anything different, or if anyone else does.
But if we do get something out of the upgrade, it would make up for a lot of trouble...

antoine52200
02-05-2016, 04:10 PM
[QUOTE=Edweird;571763]It IS easier to change/put in a resistor...to any normal man.

Computer companies work in myserious ways.

It's just my 2 cents. I don't care if I get anything different, or if anyone else does.
But if we do get something out of the upgrade, it would make up for a lot of trouble...[/QUOT

ASUS wouldn't be ASUS if they did business like this.. they not here to give you free stuff

Ok i understand you will do it either way, and it's fine, i concidered it too. but others might be thinking to do this because of the vague reply he posted about the possibility to get a upgraded CPU and i think it's wrong and bad business. Maybe i'm wrong but after the months of silence i have the right to ask technical questions if i want to. He doesn't want to reply fine, i wasn't expecting him to anyway!

100$ for g-sync is good, i think.. ( even if Intel is working on a free solution and should come out soon)

antoine52200
02-05-2016, 04:27 PM
Both CPU and GPU are soldered. if they changed the motherboard for 100$ it means they give you a brand new CPU and GPU. i would tell everyone to do it, just to have a new CPU and GPU!!

Edweird
02-05-2016, 06:04 PM
Well, yeah, I already said earlier that if nothing else, if they DO change the motherboard it's really some extra maintenance done because you'd be getting (supposedly) fresh hardware if you were planning to open the thing up to get rid of dust etc.

It might be bad business, as in it's extremely vague and unofficial-like, but I've come to expect these things from ALL computer companies so it doesn't bother me that much not because I like it but because I'm way past the point of believing I can do anything about it other than voicing concerns.

Still, will be a nice surprise if they let me ship to a warranty service center in Buglaria. If it's outside, not gonna be a deal because of shipping costs and times.

nab
02-05-2016, 06:51 PM
Too many ask me why Asus doesn't offer free G-sync.
I want to reminds you that I'm not Asus nor NVIDIA. So please don't ask me why.
I will answer in a honest way. $100 cover a technician intervention + bios update, they won't replace your motherboard/Soldered CPU/GPU, it would cost more for them to do that.
The only reason why they do that in private, it is to gain a max of profit from the intervention.
This is the way we usually enable G-sync, include a license inside the bios (similar to embedded Windows serial) linked to the revision model (using Extensible Firmware Interface)
+ Updating HWID(V/P), despite what people said, it is not hard-coded, it is soft-coded inside the Vbios or more common firmware, hard-coded part is different nothing to do with the G-sync and off course the EDID.
G-sync accept specific handshake (HWID/License/EDID) If you have correct HWID/EDID but no license it won't work, you have license but not correct HWID/EDID It won't work, to respect the G-sync handshake, you need the 3, mostly the magic number of Process validation.
NVIDIA Kernel/API (extended layer) including derouted process define which platform work with or without G-sync.
First ASUS don't need to change your monitor (it is kinda certified due to the eDP extension), Second Asus won't need to change your GPU/Motherboard (they generate a new valid HWID for G-sync) third they already include the G-sync license inside the public bios. The only work they are going to do with your laptop it is mainly replacing the HWID(V/D) to validate the use of the License and compatible EDID.
Concerning Optimus, the main reason why G-sync is not compatible Optimus it is because you need extra process/handshake (due to the wired Intel GPU but you can still ignore them by using extra tool that can resolve this)
So basically you don't need to worry about Asus Intervention, you should more worry about the future of G-sync that will be soon replaced completely replaced by new and better way to deal with frame (help of DX12/Vulkan).
You know that most of NVIDIA technology was always half supported by dev in general, anyway so far, you won't need anymore extra work, Freesyncis going to become a Standard (Intel, AMD), I was talking not a long time ago with AMD about opening and provide to large amount of users the possibility of offering accessible settings to improve frame usage. Look like they did with crimson (basically 15fps x4 refresh rate) etc...
Most of available monitor since years support already Freesync even without certification but this is another story.
Concerning the blackscreen issue, it was nothing about G-sync but mostly about refresh range and low frame usage (improvement) not included
on early NVIDIA Drivers revision, work was done well before any NVIDIA Drivers, again NVIDIA simply reproduce what is was already possible on many different monitor controller.
I won't go back to this subject but there is alternative (soon) that will offer same possibility, you should more worry about GPU usage and the a engine is optimized than G-sync in general, because if the Engine was better coded, you won't face this issue and on vendor side they won't try to trick you.

warryabel
02-05-2016, 07:10 PM
Both CPU and GPU are soldered. if they changed the motherboard for 100$ it means they give you a brand new CPU and GPU. i would tell everyone to do it, just to have a new CPU and GPU!!

my rma is back after 4 day because bad bios flash. they told me they changed the mainboard...it seems that is correct my vbios is an original and
main bios is now 211. im lucky because if so then my cpu and gpu are new one...but without gsync :-(

Sargatanas
02-05-2016, 09:23 PM
For me, it sounds more and more like a joke. it works without any issues with the modded tool/driver.
So yeah, let's tell the people, it's needed to change parts, solder something on the mb.

And even if, why the hell shall I send you my SSD/HDD? I wouldn't sent you mine without deleting all partitions (privacy?!)

Srsly...I almost paid ~3k € for this, to get fooled later on - so yeah please take 100+ € from me to get the same notebook I could buy few 100s less

liviutatarus
02-05-2016, 09:36 PM
The point of the questions is to answer the people who are concerned and not mean to be dissected into details where I'm in no position to be able to provide any further details. I apologize that you misunderstood the answers and interpreted it in a different way.

I've been on this forum struggled to get G-Sync surcharge. $ 100 or 100 euros, to me it seems a fair price, and that's exactly what we asked repeatedly. I do not care what change or not, as only replace the BIOS or change a strength, not interested. The price is right and I'll send the laptop and the ends of the earth to have G-Sync and continues to be warranted. Any other discussion did not get, nothing is mandatory upgrade you well, and you better not. What's the point defamatory Asus for something that no one from other large companies such as MSI and Alienware, nor have thought to do. Asus Congratulations! I would be very glad if this could be done in my country or at least somewhere in Germany or UK.

ciccio80
02-06-2016, 08:25 AM
The only thing I don't understand is Asus need to have us send back the notebook with our hdd/ssd?
I myself am using it both for gaming and work, so I have my clients SENSIBLE information on it that I am legally responsible for by the EU/Italian law, should it be stolen or divulged. I'm not joking about this part, and I take my clients privacy and private data very seriously.

Bahz, would it be ok if I just swapped back in the original HDD/SDD before sending back the machine for the upgrade? As I uderstand from reading, a change in HDD/SDD should not invalidate g-sync id search. Expecially sinche we are all bound to change disks sooner or later during the G751 lifetime.
Thanks

Matthew_88
02-06-2016, 01:42 PM
@ Bahz

If this upgrade is global, why don't you post the information on official ROG facebook page, or costumer service website?

Services in Europe don't know much about this program. The deadline is already given.
If it was published officially, local services would contact you, wouldn' they?

If ASUS publish these informations, it puts more pressure the local support centers to be update!
I think...

TugaPower
02-06-2016, 07:14 PM
From France Support:

Hello Mr. DANIEL,

Thank you for asking for the ASUS Support.

In your message about the computer model of G751JY, I understand you want to know about the offer of the G SYNC update available which you are interested.

Mr. DANIEL, to provide you with the right approach, I have to query the expertise unit to check the various details of this offer.

As soon as I have news, I will send them.

We invite you to come back to us when needed and we wish you a great day.

Imed, de l’équipe des conseillers ASUS
SAV ASUS France
Hotline : 01 70 94 94 00
http://www.asus.com/fr/support/

mitchsorbs
02-07-2016, 08:12 AM
Mitch Sorbito

New Zealand

doublethepridetwicethedownfall@gmail.com

arrtaas
02-07-2016, 04:12 PM
I want this.

Lithuania, Europe

However,

I would only be willing to pay 100EU for a software/bios upgrade without sending it to ASUS or whatever distributed works here. This is nonsense.

Lets be clear. it takes around 30-60 minutes to take apart the laptop and put it back together. So around 25-50 EU/$ per work hour. Soldering something or swapping something will add extra cost. There is no way ASUS would be changing any hardware - ABSOLUTELY no way. What they will do is update the BIOS to the new modified BIOS without the user actually getting the BIOS himself.

Therefore I AM WILLING TO PAY 100$ for BIOS that I can update myself. NOT GONNA SHIP IT ANYWHERE.

Thank you and nice initiative.

By the way if I don't get a G-SYNC with this laptop, I WILL NEVER BUY ASUS PRODUCT AGAIN.

I have a stationary PC as well, where I am planning to buy new MOBO and GPU. I wanted to buy ASUS but now - most probably not. I've been ASUS customer for many years until this **** came up. Heard MSI treats their customers better.

Boxis
02-07-2016, 05:16 PM
I think everyone should just just chill, be patient and stop talking about how the process will look like without having an actual proof.

No one knows at this moment, how the process will look like until we see comments from people who have got their laptop back from the asus service.

antoine52200
02-07-2016, 05:21 PM
I want this.

Lithuania, Europe

However,

I would only be willing to pay 100EU for a software/bios upgrade without sending it to ASUS or whatever distributed works here. This is nonsense.

Lets be clear. it takes around 30-60 minutes to take apart the laptop and put it back together. So around 25-50 EU/$ per work hour. Soldering something or swapping something will add extra cost. There is no way ASUS would be changing any hardware - ABSOLUTELY no way. What they will do is update the BIOS to the new modified BIOS without the user actually getting the BIOS himself.

Therefore I AM WILLING TO PAY 100$ for BIOS that I can update myself. NOT GONNA SHIP IT ANYWHERE.

Thank you and nice initiative.

By the way if I don't get a G-SYNC with this laptop, I WILL NEVER BUY ASUS PRODUCT AGAIN.

I have a stationary PC as well, where I am planning to buy new MOBO and GPU. I wanted to buy ASUS but now - most probably not. I've been ASUS customer for many years until this **** came up. Heard MSI treats their customers better.

You're probably right, but the only reason ASUS ask you to send your laptop and lie about the process is because, they don't want people sharing it for free on the internet.

Anyway the timing of this offer is, a bit suspicious, maybe nvidia will enable it soon for free, or they just want to make more money out of it before intel release their own g-sync like software.. which will be for sure FREE!

TurkROG
02-07-2016, 09:35 PM
This upgrade should be FREE , it will make no sense to ASUS if it request an upgrade from NVIDIA to all ASUS users . I think NVIDIA have to provide a FREE upgrade for the future product and it will be a SHAME if they ask for a fees for it , this is my opinion so far .

Hope to get this for FREE . .. .

patsy
02-07-2016, 10:28 PM
I've got a reply from technical support:(

Dear Jasper,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.

My name is Lily and it's my pleasure to help you with your problem.

I check with your SN that this notebook does not support G sync function.
This means your motherboard and/or nvidia graphics card does not support G-sync, so we don't provide such upgrade for your laptop. Thank you for understanding.

An email survey will be sent to you within the next 5 days. Please be sure to rate the service I provided to you today.

Best Regards,
Lily.Y

sefiremre
02-07-2016, 10:53 PM
I live in Turkey, Europe.
E-mail sent

sefiremre
02-07-2016, 10:57 PM
btw where we are sending this e-mail anyone can write me ?

Lolisaiahlol
02-08-2016, 05:41 AM
I have the model that is needed for the upgrade.

1. Isiah Fedur
2. United States
3. lolisaiahlol@gmail.com

ATIXIUM
02-08-2016, 06:50 AM
I'm glad the number of votes is going up

hexaae
02-08-2016, 09:53 AM
Too many ask me why Asus doesn't offer free G-sync.
I want to reminds you that I'm not Asus nor NVIDIA. So please don't ask me why.
I will answer in a honest way. $100 cover a technician intervention + bios update, they won't replace your motherboard/Soldered CPU/GPU, it would cost more for them to do that.
The only reason why they do that in private, it is to gain a max of profit from the intervention.
This is the way we usually enable G-sync, include a license inside the bios (similar to embedded Windows serial) linked to the revision model (using Extensible Firmware Interface)
+ Updating HWID(V/P), despite what people said, it is not hard-coded, it is soft-coded inside the Vbios or more common firmware, hard-coded part is different nothing to do with the G-sync and off course the EDID.
G-sync accept specific handshake (HWID/License/EDID) If you have correct HWID/EDID but no license it won't work, you have license but not correct HWID/EDID It won't work, to respect the G-sync handshake, you need the 3, mostly the magic number of Process validation.
NVIDIA Kernel/API (extended layer) including derouted process define which platform work with or without G-sync.
First ASUS don't need to change your monitor (it is kinda certified due to the eDP extension), Second Asus won't need to change your GPU/Motherboard (they generate a new valid HWID for G-sync) third they already include the G-sync license inside the public bios. The only work they are going to do with your laptop it is mainly replacing the HWID(V/D) to validate the use of the License and compatible EDID.
Concerning Optimus, the main reason why G-sync is not compatible Optimus it is because you need extra process/handshake (due to the wired Intel GPU but you can still ignore them by using extra tool that can resolve this)
So basically you don't need to worry about Asus Intervention, you should more worry about the future of G-sync that will be soon replaced completely replaced by new and better way to deal with frame (help of DX12/Vulkan).
You know that most of NVIDIA technology was always half supported by dev in general, anyway so far, you won't need anymore extra work, Freesyncis going to become a Standard (Intel, AMD), I was talking not a long time ago with AMD about opening and provide to large amount of users the possibility of offering accessible settings to improve frame usage. Look like they did with crimson (basically 15fps x4 refresh rate) etc...
Most of available monitor since years support already Freesync even without certification but this is another story.
Concerning the blackscreen issue, it was nothing about G-sync but mostly about refresh range and low frame usage (improvement) not included
on early NVIDIA Drivers revision, work was done well before any NVIDIA Drivers, again NVIDIA simply reproduce what is was already possible on many different monitor controller.
I won't go back to this subject but there is alternative (soon) that will offer same possibility, you should more worry about GPU usage and the a engine is optimized than G-sync in general, because if the Engine was better coded, you won't face this issue and on vendor side they won't try to trick you.

Thank you nab... confirming everything I always thought about this fake "required HW modification":
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?82612-G-SYNC-Upgrade-on-ROG-G751JY-JT-Laptops-Now-Available!&p=571277&viewfull=1#post571277
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?82612-G-SYNC-Upgrade-on-ROG-G751JY-JT-Laptops-Now-Available!&p=571238&viewfull=1#post571238

hexaae
02-08-2016, 09:57 AM
I really think we gotta explode this "case" on some well known online magazines...
NOTICE: I have no problems to pay 100$ for MY G-Sync license, but since it's just a software BIOS/VBIOS update (10 minutes?) I don't want to send my PC in and wait 30 days, with many risks and basically for nothing apart covering this new nVidia mafia...

Don't f**** with us. We're all experienced PC users here...

@ASUS
Make a software upgrade procedure only, in a restricted registered-user area.
Yes, you can ask us money for the personal G-Sync license with an online payment but let us do the software upgrade.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?82612-G-SYNC-Upgrade-on-ROG-G751JY-JT-Laptops-Now-Available!&p=570315&viewfull=1#post570315

wmaker
02-08-2016, 10:27 AM
I want this.

Even if the pries would be like the ones you say its preaty simple...
Do you know what/were/how to solder? (since you probably dont then pay the price if you wan the upgrade, dont expect companys to do anything for free)

You bought a computer that doesnt have g-syng, and was never advertised as one. Now you are given the option to upgrade. Just take it or leave it.

IMHO offering the upgrade is a good decision from asus, and i really dont thing other companis would do it. but if you dont want to buy asus dont doit.
Just dont say it overpriced even if its just a bios update, since you probably have no idea how to code a bios its more then normal that you gone need to pay for someone expertise on doing it.

silverjoel07
02-08-2016, 12:34 PM
$100 is a good price but we do not want to send our laptops...
PLEASE MAKE A SOFTWARE UPDATE ONLINE WITH THE SAME PRICE.
WE KNOW THAT IS POSSIBLE TO HAVE G-SYNC WITHOUT CHANGE ANY HARDWARE TO OUR LAPTOPS.

clockworksatan
02-08-2016, 12:54 PM
@ASUS
Make a software upgrade procedure only, in a restricted registered-user area.
Yes, you can ask us money for the personal G-Sync license with an online payment but let us do the software upgrade.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?82612-G-SYNC-Upgrade-on-ROG-G751JY-JT-Laptops-Now-Available!&p=570315&viewfull=1#post570315

Precisely. There's no way in hell I'm sending my G751 away to get something done by a 'qualified technician' that I could quite easily do myself, given the software tools.

Stop treating us like idiots, Asus.

antoine52200
02-08-2016, 01:27 PM
They won't do it as a software update, for 2 reasons:

1. They would be caught in a lie that they started at the very beginning.

2. They don't want paying customers to post the "update" for free online after. That's why they ask you to send your laptop.

Will see but if they offer this now, it means something else that does the same will come out soon and free which have been a rumor for some time now

evinoid
02-08-2016, 04:02 PM
Thank you for contacting Asus Technical Support.

Currently there a no specific plans in the Benelux regarding this G-SYNC upgrade program. What we will do is make a notice regarding your question and a soon as we have more information about this program we will inform you a soon as possible about it.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Kind Regards,

Mark W. Scholten
Asus TSD

lighter
02-08-2016, 04:59 PM
Mail sent from Sweden
I got this a week ago

Hello,

We are currently looking into this information and will get back to you.

Best Regards,

Lucas

ASUS Customer Service

Exostenza
02-08-2016, 06:24 PM
I posted about this only being a software modification on both BIOS files and people said I had no idea what I was talking about. All you have to do is a little bit of searching and it becomes clear that is the case. Thanks @nab for posting to clear this up for the people who couldn't take fifteen minutes of their life to learn the truth for themselves. When the first couple of laptops come back with the modified BIOS files I hope they upload them for all of us to use.

CLass
02-08-2016, 06:25 PM
wrote to ASUS Germany for the Upgrade, its a week ago and they dont reply despite it says theyre answering within 48Hours...
Im willing to pay 100Euros and sending my Laptop in so please give us more Information!

BTW guys, I would stop talking about this "Lie" and an Online-Only Offer, you know why? I fear they will cancel everything.

I followed this G-Sync fiasko right from the start, I also had G-Sync successfully running, thanks to NAB aka GameNab.

B2T: ASUS common do your Homework and get this Transactions running!

Akik82
02-08-2016, 11:03 PM
Got a reply from Asus France : No upgrade available for my G751JY-T7052H.

Original reply :

Bonjour Monsieur,

Nous vous remercions d'avoir sollicité le service support d'ASUS.
Suite ŕ votre demande, sur le portable dont le modčle est , je comprends que vous voulez savoir si votre
ordinateur est compatible avec la technologie G-Sync et s'il y a une mise ŕ jour disponible.
En effet, pour cette technologie je suis navré de vous informer qu'il n'y a pas de mise ŕ jour disponible
męme payante et pour vérifier si cette technologie est activée je vous prie de consulter le lien ci-dessous :

https://www.asus.com/fr/support/faq/1011247
Je reste ŕ votre disposition, pour toute question supplémentaire et je vous souhaite une bonne journée.

Mehdi, de l’équipe des conseillers ASUS
SAV ASUS France

ciccio80
02-08-2016, 11:07 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mb7my3lh374/TZrxEIoc9KI/AAAAAAAAACI/sZ-4uDFymTo/s1600/no-whining.jpg

For the sake of god, to all the whiners out there.....please stop wining!

1) Asus said you can have the upgrade for 100 bucks ON THEIR SPECIFIC CONDITIONS.
2) Asus WILL NOT give us a FREE bios update, because it is not up to Asus to give us anything since the money is there to pay the for the NVIDIA G-sync licence.
2) Asus is forced to make this update physically in their shops because (AND WE ALL KNOW THIS) if they would simply put out a bios-vbios update, it WOULD GET CRACKED and FREELY DISTRIBUTED within 1 day of relese. And NVIDIA will not have that happen because they can (and will) charge you for the upgrade.

So please, please, ....again please, stop whining like 4 years old children on how you want THIS, and how should Asus do THAT.....because it will not happen the way you want it. It will happen the way Asus/Nvidia have AGREED to do this upgrade.

We all know, thanks to guys like Gamenab's, where the truth about G-sync on notebooks stands.....but at this point, where all hope WAS LOST of getting G-sync, something incredible happened and Asus/Nvidia finally got together and made the update available. Be grateful that you have the CHOICE.

Rares95
02-08-2016, 11:15 PM
Seems like no asus support site offers this upgrade. What a mess.

vishal911gt3
02-09-2016, 12:17 AM
Hi
It was very nice to hear about the G-SYNC upgrade and I wanted to know that if this upgrade process has started as you mentioned that it would start on Feb 1 2016

JustinThyme
02-09-2016, 03:49 AM
Im not even affected by this but would like to thank Bahz for not only taking the time to get this rolling and to ASUS for even bothering with doing this.I can only say that if it were not for the thankful people who are genuinely interested in this and willing to accept the offer as presented I would have pulled this offer at the first inciting of an internet riot.

For all the crybabies....... If you don't want it and refuse to pay and send in your machines as requested then be willing to accept the fact that you wont get it. If a single one of you saw G sync in your spec sheet when you bought the machine and you already paid for it then you have every right to complain and insist they take care of it free of charge. Fact of the matter is it was not on any of these spec sheets, NONE, and ASUS doesn't owe you anything. If you can hack it in there yourself and offer to others knock yourself out, just be prepared to land yourself in prison for theft of the intellectual property of Nvidia. They don't have to divulge trade secrets to whiny jack wagons in an internet forum regardless of whether its a few lines of code or firmware updates or all the above along with hardware. That's why they call it intellectual property. The company I work for had some people leave that stole software and a hardware dongle used to communicate to machines and sold it to a third party service company. They eventually got a nice 10 year prison sentence and the third party company got caught in a sting and had to cough up $26 million and sign an agreement to never attempt to service or sell service on the affected machines ever again. How would you like it if you sunk hundreds of millions in R&D to produce something only to have some thief steal food off your table?

Bottom line, you all have a choice.
1) Be thankful that they even bothered to offer this and comply with the payment and procedures as outlined if you want it.
2) Not be thankful that they even bothered to offer this and comply with the payment and procedures as outlined if you want it.
3) Choose not to get it and live with the simple fact that the machine you bought did not come with it and as a result of an upgrade later it became available, not like this doesn't happen all the time, the people that are OCD on having the newest Iphone are well aware of this.
4) Whine like a school yard sissy and lose the respect of all your brethren here, with the exception of the other whiners of course, and still not get the upgrade because you insisted they do something they didn't have to do in the first place on your terms and your terms only. I sure hope none of you guys are POW negotiators for the countries in which you live.

arrtaas
02-09-2016, 06:34 AM
Im not even affected by this but would like to thank Bahz for not only taking the time to get this rolling and to ASUS for even bothering with doing this.I can only say that if it were not for the thankful people who are genuinely interested in this and willing to accept the offer as presented I would have pulled this offer at the first inciting of an internet riot.

For all the crybabies....... If you don't want it and refuse to pay and send in your machines as requested then be willing to accept the fact that you wont get it. If a single one of you saw G sync in your spec sheet when you bought the machine and you already paid for it then you have every right to complain and insist they take care of it free of charge. Fact of the matter is it was not on any of these spec sheets, NONE, and ASUS doesn't owe you anything. If you can hack it in there yourself and offer to others knock yourself out, just be prepared to land yourself in prison for theft of the intellectual property of Nvidia. They don't have to divulge trade secrets to whiny jack wagons in an internet forum regardless of whether its a few lines of code or firmware updates or all the above along with hardware. That's why they call it intellectual property. The company I work for had some people leave that stole software and a hardware dongle used to communicate to machines and sold it to a third party service company. They eventually got a nice 10 year prison sentence and the third party company got caught in a sting and had to cough up $26 million and sign an agreement to never attempt to service or sell service on the affected machines ever again. How would you like it if you sunk hundreds of millions in R&D to produce something only to have some thief steal food off your table?

Bottom line, you all have a choice.
1) Be thankful that they even bothered to offer this and comply with the payment and procedures as outlined if you want it.
2) Not be thankful that they even bothered to offer this and comply with the payment and procedures as outlined if you want it.
3) Choose not to get it and live with the simple fact that the machine you bought did not come with it and as a result of an upgrade later it became available, not like this doesn't happen all the time, the people that are OCD on having the newest Iphone are well aware of this.
4) Whine like a school yard sissy and lose the respect of all your brethren here, with the exception of the other whiners of course, and still not get the upgrade because you insisted they do something they didn't have to do in the first place on your terms and your terms only. I sure hope none of you guys are POW negotiators for the countries in which you live.

No. What annoys us the lie about some hardware change that will never happen. Now go away, this is not your company or whatever, no one is stealing anything from anyone.

yahya32
02-09-2016, 08:13 AM
HI,

I have contacted ASUS UK twice now, and both times they were very rude and told me it does not apply to the UK, I even pointed her to this thread and she said " If you look at the top of the thread it is an American forum and applies to Americans only not to you" or any other region but USA. So whats the next best step?? Not sure who to contact regarding this as i would like the upgrade/Gsync, dont want to be shot down everytime this is stupid, how can customers know about something that ASUS staff are unaware of?? one of the most unreliable companies not sure i will ever buy ASUS again especially there customer service here in the UK.

Thanks
YM

silverjoel07
02-09-2016, 12:10 PM
No. What annoys us the lie about some hardware change that will never happen. Now go away, this is not your company or whatever, no one is stealing anything from anyone.

well said mate...
there are many lawyers from NVIDIA AND ASUS here on this forum but it is ironic they do not realize they are the victims.
that is the reasons why these company always going to **** us forever...

JustinThyme
02-09-2016, 01:12 PM

Go ahead and prove my point yet again. My 14 YO son has a better command of syntax and understanding of how the corporate world works. You have no clue what needs to be done and its not their obligation to tell you. Just by reading your post the lack of comprehension of what I said is overtly obvious.

This is a prime example of children who have a false sense of entitlement will dig deep into the realms of nothingness to pull a reason to cry about anything out of their butts. First its they cheated us because later models had this, Then its off to demanding they give it to you, then when they make it available you cry about that too because they refuse to divulge the intellectual property. Do you even have a concept of what that is? Everyone jumping on some bandwagon about a BIOS that will enable it when no one has clue because if they did they would have already done it. People hack BIOS files everyday. People have tried to use the BIOS file and Vbios from the later model that does have Gsysnc natively and SURPRISE, it doesn't work. So if your concept of it being a simple BIOS change then it should have worked perfectly as according you in your infinite wisdom and doctorate in electronics professes exactly what it needed.

Knowing how things work I can make a pretty good educated guess of what needs to be done but Im not going to bother explaining it, just leave it at its more than a code change.

If anyone thinks for a microsecond that any attorney representing any company from any country is on this forum you need to go ahead and finish first grade. If you don't like the products, don't buy them or in this case ask your parents not to buy them for you as the level of mentality is clear here.

You want to read some lies, read the posts of the cry babies.

This is not an american forum on an american server.

rog.asus.com
ASUSTEK COMPUTER INC.

DOMAIN WHOIS INFORMATION

Registrant:ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Registrar:NET-CHINESE CO., LTD.
Create date:Wednesday, October 25, 1995
Expires date:Sunday, October 24, 2021
Updated date:Sunday, April 7, 2013
Domain:rog.asus.com
WHOIS Record
April 7, 2013:Domain Name: asus.com
Registry Domain ID: 2790608_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.net-chinese.com.tw
Registrar URL: http://www.net-chinese.com.tw
Updated Date: 2013-04-8T11:47:15Z GMT+8
Creation Date: 1995-10-25T12:00:00Z GMT+8
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2021-10-24T12:00:00Z GMT+8
Registrar: Net-Chinese Co., Ltd.
Registrar IANA ID: 1336
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: foreign@net-chinese.com.tw
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +886.225319696
Reseller:
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: ARIES HSU
Registrant Organization: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Registrant Street1: No. 15, Li-Te Rd., Peitou
Registrant City: Taipei
Registrant State/Province: Taiwan
Registrant Postal Code: 112
Registrant Country: TW
Registrant Phone: +886.228943447
Registrant Phone Ext: 1134
Registrant Fax: +886.228969167
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: DNS_ADMIN@ASUS.COM
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: ARIES HSU
Admin Organization: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Admin Street1: No. 15, Li-Te Rd., Peitou
Admin City: Taipei
Admin State/Province: Taiwan
Admin Postal Code: 112
Admin Country: TW
Admin Phone: +886.228943447
Admin Phone Ext: 1134
Admin Fax: +886.228969167
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: DNS_ADMIN@ASUS.COM
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: Net-Chinese Co., Ltd.
Tech Organization: Net-Chinese Co., Ltd.
Tech Street1: 12F., No.46, Sec. 2, Jhongshan N. Rd., Jhongshan District
Tech City: Taipei
Tech State/Province:
Tech Postal Code: 10448
Tech Country: TW
Tech Phone: +886.225319696
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax: +886.225319522
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: hostmaster@net-chinese.com.tw
Name Server: dns3.asus.com
Name Server: dns7.asus.com
Name Server: dns1.asus.com
DNSSEC: Unsigned

>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2013-11-14T11:41:28Z GMT+8 <<<

Mutual jurisdiction : Taipei, Taiwan

Seeing the detail information on "Registration Agreement" :
http://www.net-chinese.com.tw/script/dn_agree.html

The Data in Net-Chinese Co., Ltd.'s WHOIS database is provided
Net-Chinese Co., Ltd.
for information purposes, and to assist persons in obtaining
information about or related to a domain name registration record.
Net-Chinese Co., Ltd. does not guarantee its accuracy.
By submitting a WHOIS query, you agree that you will use this Data
only for lawful purposes and that, under no circumstances will you use
this Data to:
(1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass
unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail
(spam); or
(2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that apply to
Net-Chinese Co., Ltd. (or its systems).
Net-Chinese Co., Ltd. reserves the right to modify these terms at any
time. By submitting this query, you agree to abide by this policy.

JustinThyme
02-09-2016, 01:21 PM
deleted double post

ARX7Arbalest
02-09-2016, 01:59 PM
For the love of God, YES!! I live in the Philippines

Julskey
02-09-2016, 02:04 PM
I think the thread topic is prematurely misleading. It says that an upgrade is already available, but it is still actually just a poll. I think Asus/Nvidia is still assessing the locations of users (to know where to put up service centers) and as to how many are genuinely (willing to pay) interested in an upgrade. I think they are still making a feasibility study if the project is indeed feasible or not.

So for G751 owners, why not just participate in the poll and see what happens. I see no use in complaining.

arrtaas
02-09-2016, 03:36 PM
Go ahead and prove my point yet again. My 14 YO son has a better command of syntax and understanding of how the corporate world works. You have no clue what needs to be done and its not their obligation to tell you. Just by reading your post the lack of comprehension of what I said is overtly obvious.

This is a prime example of children who have a false sense of entitlement will dig deep into the realms of nothingness to pull a reason to cry about anything out of their butts. First its they cheated us because later models had this, Then its off to demanding they give it to you, then when they make it available you cry about that too because they refuse to divulge the intellectual property. Do you even have a concept of what that is? Everyone jumping on some bandwagon about a BIOS that will enable it when no one has clue because if they did they would have already done it. People hack BIOS files everyday. People have tried to use the BIOS file and Vbios from the later model that does have Gsysnc natively and SURPRISE, it doesn't work. So if your concept of it being a simple BIOS change then it should have worked perfectly as according you in your infinite wisdom and doctorate in electronics professes exactly what it needed.

Knowing how things work I can make a pretty good educated guess of what needs to be done but Im not going to bother explaining it, just leave it at its more than a code change.

If anyone thinks for a microsecond that any attorney representing any company from any country is on this forum you need to go ahead and finish first grade. If you don't like the products, don't buy them or in this case ask your parents not to buy them for you as the level of mentality is clear here.

You want to read some lies, read the posts of the cry babies.

This is not an american forum on an american server.

rog.asus.com
ASUSTEK COMPUTER INC.

DOMAIN WHOIS INFORMATION

Registrant:ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Registrar:NET-CHINESE CO., LTD.
Create date:Wednesday, October 25, 1995
Expires date:Sunday, October 24, 2021
Updated date:Sunday, April 7, 2013
Domain:rog.asus.com
WHOIS Record
April 7, 2013:Domain Name: asus.com
Registry Domain ID: 2790608_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.net-chinese.com.tw
Registrar URL: http://www.net-chinese.com.tw
Updated Date: 2013-04-8T11:47:15Z GMT+8
Creation Date: 1995-10-25T12:00:00Z GMT+8
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2021-10-24T12:00:00Z GMT+8
Registrar: Net-Chinese Co., Ltd.
Registrar IANA ID: 1336
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: foreign@net-chinese.com.tw
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +886.225319696
Reseller:
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: ARIES HSU
Registrant Organization: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Registrant Street1: No. 15, Li-Te Rd., Peitou
Registrant City: Taipei
Registrant State/Province: Taiwan
Registrant Postal Code: 112
Registrant Country: TW
Registrant Phone: +886.228943447
Registrant Phone Ext: 1134
Registrant Fax: +886.228969167
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: DNS_ADMIN@ASUS.COM
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: ARIES HSU
Admin Organization: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Admin Street1: No. 15, Li-Te Rd., Peitou
Admin City: Taipei
Admin State/Province: Taiwan
Admin Postal Code: 112
Admin Country: TW
Admin Phone: +886.228943447
Admin Phone Ext: 1134
Admin Fax: +886.228969167
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: DNS_ADMIN@ASUS.COM
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: Net-Chinese Co., Ltd.
Tech Organization: Net-Chinese Co., Ltd.
Tech Street1: 12F., No.46, Sec. 2, Jhongshan N. Rd., Jhongshan District
Tech City: Taipei
Tech State/Province:
Tech Postal Code: 10448
Tech Country: TW
Tech Phone: +886.225319696
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax: +886.225319522
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: hostmaster@net-chinese.com.tw
Name Server: dns3.asus.com
Name Server: dns7.asus.com
Name Server: dns1.asus.com
DNSSEC: Unsigned

>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2013-11-14T11:41:28Z GMT+8 <<<

Mutual jurisdiction : Taipei, Taiwan

Seeing the detail information on "Registration Agreement" :
http://www.net-chinese.com.tw/script/dn_agree.html

The Data in Net-Chinese Co., Ltd.'s WHOIS database is provided
Net-Chinese Co., Ltd.
for information purposes, and to assist persons in obtaining
information about or related to a domain name registration record.
Net-Chinese Co., Ltd. does not guarantee its accuracy.
By submitting a WHOIS query, you agree that you will use this Data
only for lawful purposes and that, under no circumstances will you use
this Data to:
(1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass
unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail
(spam); or
(2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that apply to
Net-Chinese Co., Ltd. (or its systems).
Net-Chinese Co., Ltd. reserves the right to modify these terms at any
time. By submitting this query, you agree to abide by this policy.

This much effort in replying to my comment shows the amount of butthurt you are experiencing. Guess what, it doesn't change the point that the original offer is absurd. Please prove my point and reply to my comment again with even more butthurt.

JustinThyme
02-09-2016, 06:30 PM
This much effort in replying to my comment shows the amount of butthurt you are experiencing. Guess what, it doesn't change the point that the original offer is absurd. Please prove my point and reply to my comment again with even more butthurt.

Thats the difference between you and me. I know what I'm talking about and you don't have a clue. I'm thorough with facts, you are pointless with conjecture and animosity. That post was no effort in the least, most of it a simple trace route.

If you find the offer absurd then refer to my earlier post and decline.

School yard tactics to resort to name calling when faced with an adversary they cannot address in an intelligent fashion.

Whats next? Gonna call me booger or butthole? :D

JustinThyme
02-09-2016, 06:38 PM
I think the thread topic is prematurely misleading. It says that an upgrade is already available, but it is still actually just a poll. I think Asus/Nvidia is still assessing the locations of users (to know where to put up service centers) and as to how many are genuinely (willing to pay) interested in an upgrade. I think they are still making a feasibility study if the project is indeed feasible or not.

So for G751 owners, why not just participate in the poll and see what happens. I see no use in complaining.

Bahz says its happening, seems to be slow in getting the ball rolling though.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?82612-G-SYNC-Upgrade-on-ROG-G751JY-JT-Laptops-Now-Available!&p=570913&viewfull=1#post570913

arrtaas
02-09-2016, 09:47 PM
Thats the difference between you and me. I know what I'm talking about and you don't have a clue. I'm thorough with facts, you are pointless with conjecture and animosity. That post was no effort in the least, most of it a simple trace route.

If you find the offer absurd then refer to my earlier post and decline.

School yard tactics to resort to name calling when faced with an adversary they cannot address in an intelligent fashion.

Whats next? Gonna call me booger or butthole? :D

Whatever you decide to call yourself is your personal business. But before finishing this discussion between you and I, I would like to ask you a question about corporate world and this deal we are getting offered here. Since the goal of any corporation or business is to make profit, how do you think is ASUS making profit from this deal where we pay a 100$? Man hours, hardware etc. Please explain at which point is the compnay making money?

P.S. I have yet to call you names, whereas you have been pretty insulting all along, calling people crybabies etc..

JustinThyme
02-09-2016, 10:23 PM
Whatever you decide to call yourself is your personal business. But before finishing this discussion between you and I, I would like to ask you a question about corporate world and this deal we are getting offered here. Since the goal of any corporation or business is to make profit, how do you think is ASUS making profit from this deal where we pay a 100$? Man hours, hardware etc. Please explain at which point is the compnay making money?

P.S. I have yet to call you names, whereas you have been pretty insulting all along, calling people crybabies etc..

leaving the obvious incompatible personalities out of it.........

First lesson in corporate economics, it takes money to make money. Not every move is about how much money can be made from this single venture, the picture is always much bigger.

I guarantee you ASUS is not making any money from this, they are losing it trying to make some customers happy because they asked for it. They are attempting customer satisfaction and went out of their way only to meet resistance here. They came in a posted this thread only to get crapped on once again. The $100 per machine wont even offset the cost of administering this promotion let alone parts and labor. I'm sure there is more contractually going on behind the scenes with Nvidia that we are not now and will never be privy to.

Lets say for a moment that ASUS just offered this up free of charge. OK great, everyone with a G751 non Gsync is happy because they now have a Gsync. Now lets look at the big picture and ramifications of offering it up for free. Nvidia is going to want their license fee. If its not paid ASUS will be cut and no longer be able to get Nvidia graphics. So ASUS decides well OK we will eat that and still do all this for free and lose even more money. Now what do you suppose will happen after that? Whats next, every laptop they have made that was produced before Gsync was even available has to be offered a free upgrade and ASUS has to eat it including paying Nvidia again. Then the masses dedide oh well the next model had one better on the CPU and/or ram, they should give us that for free, In the end you have a bankrupt company over something so simple. They are not obligated to do this. Someone in marketing was given some leeway for expenditures in a promotional budget. Something like this is pretty much never heard of.

Why would they bother to go back and offer an update period? They dont have to and as long as Ive been at this Ive never heard of such a program. No matter where you go people are complaining about a product after the fact. There are no support forums without people saying they got shafted, screwed, cheated, ripped off or how ever you want to present the analogy. NONE! Very few actually go to praise what they got and say how happy they are with their product. Go read some review on Newegg. Whenever I go looking at them I can instantly spot two classes of people doing the reviews that do not present an accurate picture of the product. One that is the worst of them all is someone who never bought, owned or even seen the product. They go in bashing it over the price. Then the obvious kids who just bash it because they like to bash and have had a nice dose of cyber courage.

This isnt isloated. I cant begin to count how many times Ive bought something over the 36 years since I graduated high school that within a matter of months there was an inprovement to what i just bought and wish I had held out.

In the end, you cant make everyone happy. If it were not for the grateful people in this thread, which thankfully outweighs those who are other than, and I was over this project I would have pulled it.

ciccio80
02-10-2016, 05:43 AM
I agree.

Chadd
02-10-2016, 01:08 PM
Has anyone had any positive feedback from the Asus support teams in Europe yet?

Boxis
02-10-2016, 01:24 PM
Positive, yes. But, they should write me one more time to inform me when I can send the laptop in.

nemerdekel
02-10-2016, 04:49 PM
No love for the g751jl with gtx 965?

Cronoo
02-10-2016, 06:12 PM
it wont let me vote in the the poll but I am interested. Live in USA

Lolisaiahlol
02-10-2016, 06:14 PM

Me too, i cant vote. but gave my info in this thread.

JustinThyme
02-10-2016, 06:55 PM
No love for the g751jl with gtx 965?

LOL, I feel your pain brother. The 965 doesn't support it. only 970 and 980 at this point.

Me too, i cant vote. but gave my info in this thread.

There is a set number of posts you must have to vote in polls, I think its like 10. Fairly minimal.

Wardaddy
02-10-2016, 10:15 PM
No reply from Asus UK after 4 days. Just saying...
Does anyone from the UK has any news regarding this G-Sync retrofit?

yahya32
02-10-2016, 11:02 PM
No reply from Asus UK after 4 days. Just saying...
Does anyone from the UK has any news regarding this G-Sync retrofit?

Yeah I tried twice both times they turned me down and said it is only applicable to the USA, no other regions, they were very rude as well.

Jon G
02-11-2016, 12:12 AM
Yeah I tried twice both times they turned me down and said it is only applicable to the USA, no other regions, they were very rude as well.
I'm in the USA and ASUS Customer support states that there is no G751JY notebook G-sync retrofit upgrade available from ASUS for any region. They claim the serial number of the G751JY w/ GTX980M doesn't support G-sync and
never will. This Topic isn't legit. ASUS US Support claims this $99US G751JY notebook G-sync retrofit upgrade is
bogus misinformation! I was turned down twice also. I knew this G-sync retrofit upgrade sounded to good to be
for real. This topic is merely a poll with nothing to back up that this G-sync retrofit upgrade exists through ASUS.

toronto699
02-11-2016, 05:07 AM
Its a National Holiday In Taiwan for a week ,OP Bahz @ Asus HQ in Taiwan will not be online to tell us how this G-Sync Upgrade Program is Progressing as most of us have been refused the upgrade by our Country Asus Support Team. This is really a mess On Asus's Part . Id like the upgrade But was refused twice in Canada By Asus Technical Support but the Asus Service Centre near where I live say its in effect. Whos kidding Whom , Whos in Charge Of This G-Sync Program?
Disaster So Far and times running out . We may all run out of the Posted Time Period Posted By Bahz . The way this is going.
Feb 7
Sunday Chinese New Year's Eve National holiday

Feb 8
Monday Chinese New Year's Day National holiday

Feb 9
Tuesday Chinese New Year Holiday 1 National holiday

Feb 10
Wednesday Chinese New Year Holiday 2 National holiday

Feb 11
Thursday Chinese New Year Holiday 3 National holiday

Feb 12
Friday Chinese New Year Holiday 4 National holiday
Happy Chinese New Year To All At Asus Taiwan and the Asus Service Centre In TO ca

Sargatanas
02-11-2016, 09:02 AM
We may all run out of the Posted Time Period Posted By Bahz .
But this is Asus's fault, not our. They can't blame us for their schedule and the way the info is spread out to all locations.

Sanctrum
02-11-2016, 11:01 AM
In the age of global information and global instant communication (emails, chats, twits, facebook, electronic meting minutes notes, teleconferences, corporate internal communication systems, intranet systems, etc… name it) this thread really starts to look as bogus... or simply the sad joke or is just the incompetence deserved to be recorded at Guinness Book of Records!
We have now 2 weeks… it’s like ages... Please remember that they should coordinate the program BEFORE publishing it here… and still these 2 weeks after the publication are not enough? And Asus USA is saying that it is bogus!? WTF?!

Bahz is admin? So why his Join Date to this forum is falsified and set “Jun 2020” – maybe he is “back from the future” or we should wait till 2020 for the retrofit program to start? However his first post at the forum is 6-th Aug 2015 09:15 – so quite “fresh” admin… 

silverjoel07
02-11-2016, 12:43 PM
In the age of global information and global instant communication (emails, chats, twits, facebook, electronic meting minutes notes, teleconferences, corporate internal communication systems, intranet systems, etc… name it) this thread really starts to look as bogus... or simply the sad joke or is just the incompetence deserved to be recorded at Guinness Book of Records!
We have now 2 weeks… it’s like ages... Please remember that they should coordinate the program BEFORE publishing it here… and still these 2 weeks after the publication are not enough? And Asus USA is saying that it is bogus!? WTF?!

Bahz is admin? So why his Join Date to this forum is falsified and set “Jun 2020” – maybe he is “back from the future” or we should wait till 2020 for the retrofit program to start? However his first post at the forum is 6-th Aug 2015 09:15 – so quite “fresh” admin… 

it seems mate you have an open mind. your REPLY is the best of all here.
but let`s take a look at this point, I think one of us is the author of this case.
I am looking for G-SYNC since the beginning and let me tell you something, we only got "SILENCE" from asus part after a year of war looking for a solution. now let`s assume someone here think in a better way to be listen by asus...
I ALREADY KNOWS THAT WE CAN HAVE G-SYNC FOR G751JT/JY WITHOUT ANY HARDWARE BUT THERE IS A LOT OF PEOPLE HERE WITH THE EYES CLOSED.

Sanctrum
02-11-2016, 01:05 PM
... now let`s assume someone here think in a better way to be listen by asus...

I am thinking about many different scenarios but IMHO this has a quite low probability… to be NOT NOTICED by moderators for 2 weeks… or since Aug 2015?

The other scenario is that Asus still wants to keep even internally “the secret” how about G-Sync is working at laptops and how is protected by hardware and software – especially that there is almost certain that Asus internal communication regarding G-sync is bunch of lies dictated by Nvidia. So quite a lot of people inside Asus might be surprised (mildly speaking)… being fooled. Very good cooperation… and corporate trust building…

Edweird
02-11-2016, 01:22 PM
That's not open-mindedness, it's basic logic. Everyone sees that's bad for a company to have it's communications be this badly organized. Making jokes about an admin's join date isn't any funnier than the situation it's used to describe.

Stop spreading hate and pointless negativity, please, it helps nothing. Regardless of whether or not it's only software that's required, some of us are willing to pay for it anyways. What exactly do you hope to achieve by saying these things?

Yeah, we're pi**ed off at the negligence we've seen through time coming from these companies (and they're all responsible, not just ASUS) but acting this way isn't a better example to theirs.

For some other things, ASUS has delivered. For example, the sound issues - we asked for months, gave examples etc. and ASUS got Realtek to make a fix (this is what we were told) and it was indeed fixed in the end.

If anything, be mad at the industry as a whole that caused this scenario to be possible at all. At least we have options now, whereas we didn't before and were permanently stuck without G-SYNC either way.

@Sanctrum - Welcome to business, dude. There's no tin-foil-hat stuff needed here - companies are willing to keep their employees in the dark if it means business gets done, don't think that's ever really been deemed untrue.

Chadd
02-11-2016, 01:26 PM
So far this upgrade program is a bit of a shambles. If this doesn't get sorted soon I think I'll be put off Asus for a long while. Think my next notebook will be an MSI or Alienware - I'm sure they all have their problems but the customer service surely can't be as bad as Asus.

Edweird
02-11-2016, 01:29 PM
Alienware - maybe, but sometimes they fail pretty hard. Then again, a lot of the time they don't have these problems to begin with. Still, ASUS will always be better value for money for what you get at the moment of purchase.

MSI - no.

Chadd
02-11-2016, 01:30 PM
. At least we have options now, whereas we didn't before and were permanently stuck without G-SYNC either way.

But do we really?
So far this upgrade program isn't go so well.
Maybe Asus mean well but their regional support centres don't seem to have a clue.

silverjoel07
02-11-2016, 01:47 PM
Stop spreading hate and pointless negativity, please, it helps nothing. Regardless of whether or not it's only software that's required, some of us are willing to pay for it anyways. What exactly do you hope to achieve by saying these things?

Hey man it is not for money, I think $100 is good for license... but is not necessary to send our laptop to them.

For some other things, ASUS has delivered. For example, the sound issues - we asked for months, gave examples etc. and ASUS got Realtek to make a fix (this is what we were told) and it was indeed fixed in the end.

fixed?? when?

Sanctrum
02-11-2016, 01:51 PM
But do we really?
So far this upgrade program isn't go so well.
Maybe Asus mean well but their regional support centres don't seem to have a clue.

You are right. I am also hoping that the program is legit. I want to pay. However still none of the support center's actually confirmed it AFAIK.
Currently we only have “high hopes” to have the options… These options has not been confirmed by anyone except Bahz yet… so it’s getting more and more strange every day. Hope that it will be sorted out (in positive way) soon after Chinese New Year holidays are finished…

Edweird
02-11-2016, 02:31 PM

Hey man it is not for money, I think $100 is good for license... but is not necessary to send our laptop to them.

fixed?? when?

The specific issue I am talking about was almost an year ago, the sound was disbalanced and the subwoofer was overpowering the smaller ones behind the screen. Realtek made new drivers, which fixed this issue by balancing the speakers and adding a new slider for subwoofer volume to the settings menu as WE requested, on these forums.

But this is off-topic...

toronto699
02-11-2016, 05:22 PM
I asked a Research Team at CBC TV { Market Place Team} where I work to look into the Asus G-Sync Program , they tell me there is no postings on AsusTwitter , AsusTek Computer Inc, AsusRog.com , Asus Face Book , Asus YouTube , or any Asus Forums except this one and receive no replys in their postings from Asus. Email and phone conversations from Asus Support Canada , Asus Support USA they received says there is No G-Sync Upgrade for Asus Laptops that do not support G-Sync. But in their conversation with Asus Service Centre In Toronto ca say there is an upgrade program , but can only be fulfilled through Asus Technical Support. Emails Sent To Head of Marketing for Asus Canada USA and VP of Asus Canada USA , received No Reply after 3 days Nor Did Asus Marketing or the VP of Asus USA Canada Return Calls Left by the CBC Market Place Team. The CBC TV Market Place Team is now in the process Of making this a News Story In Canada With a Global Reach {World Wide} . Any G751 owners that would like to Participate in the CBC Market Place Story please contact Market Place Here Country of Origin Is Unimportant. Market Place Is Relentless. Its Worth Your Time. CBC News Reports Asus HQ in Taiwan is Closed Due To Chinese New Year.
http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/contactus/

antoine52200
02-11-2016, 05:38 PM
I asked a Research Team at CBC TV { Market Place Team} where I work to look into the Asus G-Sync Program , they tell me there is no postings on AsusTwitter , AsusTek Computer Inc, AsusRog.com , Asus Face Book , Asus YouTube , or any Asus Forums except this one and receive no replys in their postings from Asus and an email from Asus Support Canada , Asus Support USA they received says there is No G-Sync Upgrade for Asus Laptops that do not support G-Sync. But in their conversation with Asus Service Centre In Toronto ca say there is an upgrade program , but can only be fulfilled through Asus Technical Support. Emails Sent To Head of Marketing for Asus Canada USA and VP of Asus Canada USA , received No Reply after 3 days Nor Did Asus Marketing or the VP of Asus USA Canada Return Calls Left by the CBC Market Place Team. The CBC TV Market Place Team is now in the process Of making this a News Story In Canada .

Whoo really?

I wasn't a big fan on how they did this program, and asked myself why now? many times.. ( specially when you see AMD starting to offer free sync on laptops now, and the intel solution that is supposed to come soon )

But i never doubted that this program was real.. messy yes but real!

I didn't contact ASUS about this as i won't send my laptop, but maybe i will send an email to see what reply do i get..

I really hope this will happen for all the members who don't care about lies, how it is done, and just willing to pay 100$ for this upgrade!

Matthew_88
02-11-2016, 06:38 PM
On WIN10 the sound is still disbalanced...

ciccio80
02-11-2016, 07:08 PM
On WIN10 the sound is still disbalanced...

Mine works fine. Just adjust the mixer a little + use 'Quadriphonic' instead of stereo or 5.1 in the audio options;)

opruitt
02-11-2016, 09:47 PM
Email sent. In USA. Thanks.

CLass
02-12-2016, 11:12 AM
This is such a mess, German support does not respond to my Ticket, they just Ignore me!

Wardaddy
02-12-2016, 11:36 AM
This is such a mess, German support does not respond to my Ticket, they just Ignore me!

Same story in the UK mate you're not alone. Asus has a VERY long way to go when it comes to customer service and support.

Wardaddy
02-12-2016, 11:38 AM

Well, at least they answered your ticket. I guess I just have to wait then and see what happens next.

CLass
02-12-2016, 05:26 PM
Same story in the UK mate you're not alone. Asus has a VERY long way to go when it comes to customer service and support.

Hey Hey! Today i wrote another Ticket and they replied almost instantly, they basically said that this Upgrade-Programm is not yet available in Germany.
As soon as they have any Information they'll let me know... im pressing my thumbs please Asus you can do it (especially for 100 Dollars mayne!)

ciccio80
02-12-2016, 06:27 PM
you see, a little patience goes al long way ;)

Edweird
02-12-2016, 07:40 PM
you see, a little patience goes al long way ;)
That's not really anything new, I got the same reply a week and a half ago.

Chris345
02-13-2016, 04:26 PM
My Email was answered 2 weeks later and ASUS said no such thing is happening.
We really need more info so we can request this upgrade to the people who will make it happen.
Its a waste of time talking to the uninformed who answer these emails.
Please supply a proper contact person.

Asaku01
02-13-2016, 08:36 PM
Any news?

JustinThyme
02-14-2016, 02:10 AM
Whats the old saying, Rome wasn't built in a day? Continuously hammering support people that evidently have not had anything filter down to them is going to yield nothing but disdain on their parts even more so than yours and result in them eventually ignoring your requests. If folks would just be patient and watch the Admin posts in this thread it would be a much smoother evolution.

Edweird
02-14-2016, 01:29 PM
While that's all fine and dandy and obviously the most logical thing is to just wait ... I can't help but point out that telling people that the promotion is only in the USA or that it isn't happening is just awful. Support is basically making themselves look stupid and they're also saying "I don't care that you're a customer, I won't check my facts, go away, I'm only answering you because the system tracks responses".

JustinThyme
02-14-2016, 02:21 PM
I get the frustration. Now put yourself in the position of the people you are hammering who have not been made privy to this information. If you didn't know about it how would you answer? All the negativity in this thread is based on 100% pure conjecture. The wandering mind can be your worst enemy and folks here are causing themselves anguish over something they cannot control. Even if they could control it that is yet another avenue of anguish as control is an illusion that the mind creates to set itself at ease as no one has complete control over anything, ever. Its obvious that not a single person posting the negativity has every worked in support position. First thing you have to realize is the first level tech support you are speaking to could not only never be able to complete this upgrade they most likely have an issue just turning a PC on. Their jobs are to take care of simple issues that can be solved by reading through a trouble shooting flow chart and to weed out the riff raff. People calling in or emailing constantly impatient have made themselves the riff raff. You will NEVER talk to an actual tech over the phone or via email, EVER! When level 1 has deemed that its necessary to send your machine in then the Machine goes to an actual tech who has a work order to go by and thats the jest of it. If you put actual high $$ techs on the phone answering stupid questions nothing would ever get fixed as its a full time job for many people. My company has over 1000 pole answering phones and providing level 1 tech support just for the US. I used to give out my cell number to customers trying to be nice but had to have my number changed and removed from my business cards because I ended up spending all my time fielding calls. How do you know they did not check their facts? Do you think they have a direct line to the person who initiated this action? They don't even have a direct line to their dept head who also doesn't have a direct line to the people who initiated this. Their fact check consists of the FAQ sheets and flow charts they have in front of them.

This is how major corporations work.......all of them! Departments are kept separate and each department has a specific task.

If folks would just relax and wait the answers will present themselves eventually. The only critique I have of this process is if I were running it I would never have mentioned a single word for the trolls to devour until I had all the pieces in place and ready to go and just left them to wallow in self pity in the so called petition thread. Ill bet this is not a mistake that whoever started this will make twice, most likely ASUS will NEVER undertake something like this EVER again on the heels of people complaining that would not be happy if they offered to replace your case with solid gold for free. The member who started the thread for raid to be made available will have to live with bitter disappointment as right about now the same folks who were responsible for this are saying........Ill never do that crap again! (although using much more colorful metaphors)

hexaae
02-14-2016, 03:10 PM
...Just a Poll to actually evaluate whether to start this upgrade offer or not? 90 voters only...

Edweird
02-14-2016, 04:08 PM
I-snip-

Actually, I've never drilled on anyone. The answer I got is "we believe this is USA only at the moment, we will contact you if this changes. Apologies if I didn't read the rest of your post, I'm tired. And in their position I would say "Let us look into this matter." and not "There's no such thing."

I'm not particularly frustrated, either. I'm gonna wait for all of it to clear up, anyways. Not like there's anything else I can do at this point...

Chris345
02-14-2016, 04:11 PM
Well the fact that Bahz stated in his announcement, on page one, that the offer is from Feb 1 to May 1
and not one person in this thread or perhaps anywhere for that matter, has gotten the upgrade concerns me.

Where did Bahz get his information and why aren't those people implementing this better.
The program has started after all on Feb 1.

Bahz
02-15-2016, 01:13 AM
I'm sorry for the late response as I just came back from my vacation (Chinese/Lunar New Year). During this time of course it wouldn't be sane to be working as this is equivalent to Chirstmas for western countries.

I do apologize how this has been a very confusing process for a lot of you. Some countries are already aware of the program and have been trying to contact HQ for more details but of course the CNY break came at a bad time where finally the news started spreading around to all the regions but no one was there to answer all the details.

The program was prepared months in advance, so why the news hasn't properly reached all the regions is really mind boggling for me as well. We're working hard to communicate all the details with all the local countries at this time. We'll probably be extending the program duration due to these delays. Once again I'm sorry for all the confusion and inconvenience caused and we'll be working as quickly as possible to get everything cleared up as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Bahz

toronto699
02-15-2016, 02:15 AM
Thank you Bahz, it really is confusing , And Thank You Asus ,Thank you for Good News , Huge Chinese New Year Celebrations in Toronto as well We have a large Chinese Community . Hope u enjoyed your new year,
I no longer have my G751-JY I gave it to a young person in need , they will go through the upgrade process I will help if the need arises , as I have a G752-VY