PDA

View Full Version : G752 Audio jack area too hot

Areswarrior
01-29-2016, 11:36 AM
I've recently bought an asus rog g752, it's fantastic but I've noticed a problem during this days: when i plug in my headset the area close to audio I/O become hotter (30-35) and today it become hot without anything linked to any jack or USB door. Do you have noticed the same thing? It's normal?

JustinThyme
01-29-2016, 10:08 PM
Not experienced that on my G752VY DH72. Having mine torn down far enough to see whats over there no compoents that would cause heat. The only thing that is even close is the HDD that could cause some heat to rise a couple of inches in on the palm rest on the right side. I changed mine out to an SSD but nevertheless it could be thrashing and generating heat. Is your HDD light steady on when this is happening?

Areswarrior
01-30-2016, 11:01 AM
Not experienced that on my G752VY DH72. Having mine torn down far enough to see whats over there no compoents that would cause heat. The only thing that is even close is the HDD that could cause some heat to rise a couple of inches in on the palm rest on the right side. I changed mine out to an SSD but nevertheless it could be thrashing and generating heat. Is your HDD light steady on when this is happening?

I've the original HDD, but I don't think that the problem is related with it: most of my files are in an external HD and this issues appen while notebook isn't working hard... It seems a paradox but when I play videogame without headset the temperature become a bit colder on the right side. I've checked now that jacks are hot and the highest temperature is concentrated up to the 3 jacks and micro-usb door and I'm only using chrome, explorer and reading a small PDF file :\

EDIT: Asus support suggest me to update BIOS file but I'm not sure is a software problem, could it be a cable without isolation?

JOHATASH
01-30-2016, 06:21 PM
No problem with my audio jack temp.

JustinThyme
01-30-2016, 06:25 PM
The only other thing i can think of is your headset is grounding or shorting causing excessive impedance at the connection and placing an undue load on it. Nothing else there, like I said the only component capable of producing heat is the mechanical HDD.

Have you tried a different headset?

Areswarrior
01-30-2016, 06:40 PM
The only other thing i can think of is your headset is grounding or shorting causing excessive impedance at the connection and placing an undue load on it. Nothing else there, like I said the only component capable of producing heat is the mechanical HDD.

Have you tried a different headset?

Yes I've tried :S I'm not using head set right now but the right side of laptop is warm and I cannot understand why :\ When I've played warframe and alan wake this issues was disappeared, it happens only when I'm not playing. To be sure I've checked cpu and gpu and my program said that temperature of both is around 40 but I suppose it's ok because I've read it could be 80 after 3-4hours of gaming.

nsfzxiao
02-01-2016, 11:55 AM
I've the original HDD, but I don't think that the problem is related with it: most of my files are in an external HD and this issues appen while notebook isn't working hard... It seems a paradox but when I play videogame without headset the temperature become a bit colder on the right side. I've checked now that jacks are hot and the highest temperature is concentrated up to the 3 jacks and micro-usb door and I'm only using chrome, explorer and reading a small PDF file :\

EDIT: Asus support suggest me to update BIOS file but I'm not sure is a software problem, could it be a cable without isolation?

i got the same problem? is there any solutions right now?

sensen
02-01-2016, 02:47 PM
a guy nearby with G752vy has the same issue. he open the box, and the hot was caused by a chip named on it Realtek 668. It's audio chip.
No idea now.

Areswarrior
02-02-2016, 09:39 AM
a guy nearby with G752vy has the same issue. he open the box, and the hot was caused by a chip named on it Realtek 668. It's audio chip.
No idea now.

Do you know if he has found a solution? It's possible do something by software or I need assistance to open it? :S Thanks for help anyway

JustinThyme
02-02-2016, 02:17 PM
Opening the Laptop up not only voids your warranty but does you no good. Very small chip there that should not generate any heat at all. Cool as a cucumber here on two different machines. When I say cool I mean stone cold, as in the coolest part of the machine.

Only two things that pop into my head is to reload the realtek drivers and if that fails open a support ticket with ASUS.

MrWinterbum
02-03-2016, 04:20 AM
I am experiencing the same issue with my G752VY. The heat source is right above the USB/Audio jack on the right hand side. No cables are connected and the laptop is idle. Reported it to Customer Service among two other unresolved problems/bugs (Fast Boot permanently disabled after BIOS upgrade; Samsung 950 Pro issue). But it was never addressed. All 3 issues were raised by others in this forum without any workable solutions. I am hoping some will be resolved by a BIOS update which should be released soon as the other 752 models got theirs last week.

JustinThyme
02-03-2016, 03:05 PM
Whats your 950 pro issue? Works fine for everyone that I have seen. If you are speaking about the Samsung drivers and software for consumer model drives that's not an ASUS problem, its a Samsung problem. Just as Samsung tells you that you must go to the manufacturer of the machine for support on the OEM drives that Samsung makes you must also go to Samsung for support of the consumer products. In the end the 950 pro works fine using the same drivers and configuration that the OEM SM951 uses. Just so you are aware, ASUS is not the only platform that the Samsung software and drivers do not work on.

The BIOS issue is hit or miss still. I've had no problems on two machines with that BIOS until I changed out memory sticks. Put the original memory sticks back and all was golden. Seems dependent on what hardware is installed and varies region to region.

If I were you guys I would be returning your machines to where you got them for an exchange. This issue is very limited and almost certainly indicative of a hardware problem that no BIOS update is going to fix. Mine is cool to the point of being stone cold in that area. Only two places I feel heat at all. Slightly warmer than the rest of the machine over the middle of the keyboard and of course at the fan exhaust ports.

chosen91
02-03-2016, 08:15 PM
I'm having this issue too with my G752VT, contacted ASUS technical support and they said it's nothing to worry about if the motherboard and sound chip gets warm when you use the laptop and that this zone heating shouldn't affect the laptop in a negative way .

Zares
02-03-2016, 08:43 PM
The area does get a bit warm for me aswell (G752VY). I only noticed that it gets warm when I'm listening to something without headphones. With headphones it stays cool. I don't think there's something to worry about (it's not hot - get's around as warm as areas around USB-sticks when one is plugged in and being used). Audio cards generate some heat just as any other electrical components.

What I wanna ask though: Do your G752s look like mine in the pictures behind the lid on the bottom? Like you can see the wires for the display etc. Just curious if Asus didn't went for a cover to hide them or if mine is missing one.

JustinThyme
02-04-2016, 02:50 AM
What I wanna ask though: Do your G752s look like mine in the pictures behind the lid on the bottom? Like you can see the wires for the display etc. Just curious if Asus didn't went for a cover to hide them or if mine is missing one.

Not even close. That looks like the display mount is misaligned or your keyboard is collapsed/jammed down in that area. Mine is clean as can be, this is after leaning the display as far back as it will go to get maximum gap between the keyboad and the bottom of the dispaly. I cant even see the copper colored cover in the back.

MrWinterbum
02-04-2016, 03:04 AM
Whats your 950 pro issue? Works fine for everyone that I have seen. If you are speaking about the Samsung drivers and software for consumer model drives that's not an ASUS problem, its a Samsung problem. Just as Samsung tells you that you must go to the manufacturer of the machine for support on the OEM drives that Samsung makes you must also go to Samsung for support of the consumer products. In the end the 950 pro works fine using the same drivers and configuration that the OEM SM951 uses.

Yes, I was referring to this issue. I was one of the first to got this model in November and no one was able to figure this out back then. Couldn't do a fresh installation and "Samsung Data Migration Software" didn't work either (flickering screen after OS cloning and booting from SSD). In the end I managed to clone a fresh Windows copy using "MiniTool Partition Wizard Free" (highly recommended).

Despite those three issues, I really love my laptop. Don't won't to bring it in for servicing just yet. Should more problems occur in the next months I can still do so even if it means I have to use my old Asus G73SW while waiting for the repair. :)

Zares
02-04-2016, 12:03 PM
Not even close. That looks like the display mount is misaligned or your keyboard is collapsed/jammed down in that area. Mine is clean as can be, this is after leaning the display as far back as it will go to get maximum gap between the keyboad and the bottom of the dispaly. I cant even see the copper colored cover in the back.

Mine looks the same when you look at it at this angle.
You can only see the wires if you open the lid up completely and look parallel to the keyboard. Have you tried looking at it this way?
And have you checked if there are cables on the copper on right and left side when opened?

JustinThyme
02-04-2016, 02:07 PM
Yes, I was referring to this issue. I was one of the first to got this model in November and no one was able to figure this out back then. Couldn't do a fresh installation and "Samsung Data Migration Software" didn't work either (flickering screen after OS cloning and booting from SSD). In the end I managed to clone a fresh Windows copy using "MiniTool Partition Wizard Free" (highly recommended).

Despite those three issues, I really love my laptop. Don't won't to bring it in for servicing just yet. Should more problems occur in the next months I can still do so even if it means I have to use my old Asus G73SW while waiting for the repair. :)

Strange circumstances. I was able to clone the OEM SM951 256GB directly to the unformatted and uninitialzed 512GB 950 pro with zero issues with both Samsung data migration tool and Acronis True image, twice each even. Many others have cloned with no problems as well using other software. One just a few days ago was successful with the Samsung data migartion tool. I do know that there have been and continue to be issues for those who bought machines without SSDs cloning from a spinner to any SSD. I can confirm without a doubt that the Samsung Magician and the Samsung drivers do not work. Samsung Magician doesnt work on the OEM SSDs either as its a consumer based package. The M2 NVMe drivers are native to windows 8.1 and later so the Samsung drivers are not only not needed they have shown no advantage in any of the platforms that have been able to deploy them.

Mine looks the same when you look at it at this angle.
You can only see the wires if you open the lid up completely and look parallel to the keyboard. Have you tried looking at it this way?
And have you checked if there are cables on the copper on right and left side when opened?

Honestly I don't see the point. I though you were complaining because the wires were hanging out in your face. I didn't realize you had to contort the display to a position you would never be using and look at in at an angle no one ever will. If I peek through the cooiing slits on the bottom of the machine at just the right angle I can see the heat sink plate over the M2 bay. And when I look under my car I can see the oil pan without even having to pop the hood first.

Zares
02-04-2016, 02:49 PM
I wasn't even complaining. I'm just curious if this is how it is constructed or if it's a (small) construction error on my device so I can know if I should return it and buy the same model somewhere else or not. Because to me it looks like it's pushed down a bit around where the speakers end (both left & right) compared to the far left & far right & the middle of the laptop under the lid.
You can see that on the picture I attached. The speaker ends at the red line. Under it it's just metal/plastic. This seems weird since the speakers are even with the surface where they start on the far left and far right.
So either give an answer if that's how it looks for you aswell or don't answer at all.

Julskey
02-05-2016, 05:13 AM
@Zares, don't worry, your unit is just fine. Mine looks the same as yours Kind a bit of odd because you can see the cables when the lid is open and you look from either side of the hinge.

As for the heat issue, it's not just over the usb3.1/line out area, but rather on the numpad zone, and the mid right section of keyboard. And, http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ROG-G752VT-Notebook-Review.153805.0.html confirms this as well, so this maybe is just normal.

moogleys
02-09-2016, 12:31 AM
The heat issue on the right side is the Amplifier for the speakers warming up. If you mute the sound it cools back down again. It does not seem to cause any ill effects and when gaming the GPU fan cools the area as well.

ROG_HARDCORE
02-20-2016, 01:42 PM
Oh great, My G752VY audio port also warming up after wakeup from sleep mode. I play audio and it cool down. This is strange.

CerealKillerGuy
05-16-2016, 10:44 PM
I also have problems with the audio jack area heating. Noticed that if i unistall the audio driver and leave it for a few moments, it cools down. If i install the drivers again, it heats up again. I am currently on bios v 213.
Some people reported that they have no problems. Can any of you tell me which bios version you are using that doesn't overheat the jack?

JustinThyme
05-16-2016, 11:21 PM
I also have problems with the audio jack area heating. Noticed that if i unistall the audio driver and leave it for a few moments, it cools down. If i install the drivers again, it heats up again. I am currently on bios v 213.
Some people reported that they have no problems. Can any of you tell me which bios version you are using that doesn't overheat the jack?

I've not had audio jack problems through every BIOs that's been released. Currently on 213.

I have a question for you and everyone else experiencing this now that you have noted that it cools down if you uninstall drivers. How many of those experiencing this issue chose to do a clean install of windows instead of using the factory image? I know I've seen multiple users post here that have also posted of their clean install of windows. Im on the factory image and simply used CCleaner to uninstall the minimal bloatware.

JHR1979
05-17-2016, 06:18 AM
As mentioned already in this thread, the right side heating is because of the audio chip / amplifier. Hitting mute on audio cools it down.

The audio chip has by default a power save feature that turns the amplifier off when not in use, and this causes the "infamous" speaker cracking / popping sound. (little pop/crack sound as a sound starts to play and shortly after it stops playing, not an issue in games because you have audio playing pretty much all the time. Disabling windows sound theme helps too.)

When the amp is turned off, the chip should cool down, but apparently it does not always work.

Some people have fixed the speaker cracking sound by disabling the audio chips power management (with registry editor),
and that causes it to be on all the time, causing it to heat up unless audio is muted.

edit: Ive used bioses 206, 212 and 213 on my 752VY, and all of them have had the heating issue at some point. Tho i noticed that when using headphones, the chip does not heat up.

kingswillz
05-18-2016, 12:29 PM
The area does get a bit warm for me aswell (G752VY). I only noticed that it gets warm when I'm listening to something without headphones. With headphones it stays cool. I don't think there's something to worry about (it's not hot - get's around as warm as areas around USB-sticks when one is plugged in and being used). Audio cards generate some heat just as any other electrical components.

That is definitely not normal, dude. You should RMA. It probably doesn't matter, but for me (G752VT-DH72) there are NO wires showing, and I don't see orange at all from the front. Also, my audio jack is literally so cold that it cools my finger when I touch it. I'm pretty much updated on everything now besides the GPU driver.

k1ng440
05-19-2016, 02:28 PM
i have same issue.. I am not satisfied with this laptop quality.

1. heating issue ( cant use it on my lap)
2. screen bleeding
3. high battery drain
4. way too heavy to carry

CerealKillerGuy
05-19-2016, 04:23 PM
Ok, I just solved the problem and found out the culprit. It's the nvidia audio drivers. Made a factory reset of windows and installed everything else besides audio drivers (i just left the stock ones installed). Used the laptop for quite a while before deciding to install the new version of Nvidia Geforce drivers (365.19). Suddenly, the heating problems occur again. Uninstalled ONLY the nvidia audio driver, restarted, waited a bit, and everything was cold again in that area. Will try with the drivers provided on the asus site to see if the problem remains. The faulty driver is 1.3.34.4. Factory was 1.3.34.3. I will install the factory one again and I will revert with answers.

CerealKillerGuy
05-19-2016, 04:38 PM
From the Asus site, i took the 2nd version of Display Drivers because they contained the 1.3.34.3 HD Audio drivers. Installed it. No heating problems. I'm happy now! :D:D
Reported problem to Nvidia also.

ROG_HARDCORE
05-19-2016, 05:06 PM
Really? did you try playing audio using chrome on youtube with sonic studio effect on?

I will test on this as well.

ROG_HARDCORE
05-19-2016, 05:32 PM
From the Asus site, i took the 2nd version of Display Drivers because they contained the 1.3.34.3 HD Audio drivers. Installed it. No heating problems. I'm happy now! :D:D
Reported problem to Nvidia also.

Tested with your solutions, heating still persist.

How nvidia HD audio would interfere since it has its on bus? I was noticing that it only heating up when amplifying signals to internal transducer ( speaker /woofer ).
Your Realtek IC aren't heating up it was due to no Drivers and sonic studio installed. which may resulting bad audio listening experience.

After month trying / discovering, i'm afraid to say that this problem may / will stick on G752VY forever. Hopefully ASUS Officials have some words / statements regarding this issues.
Product quality and reliability related.

CerealKillerGuy
05-19-2016, 06:08 PM
Before reverting to this driver, the area of the jack would stay hot all the time, even though i wasn't playing any sound at all. Now, it gets a bit warmer (but not as warm as before) only when i play sound.
For me, it is a big improvement.

vich05
05-19-2016, 08:25 PM
OMG I see I'm not alone ... have the same problem... looking for the solution

ROG_HARDCORE
05-20-2016, 02:38 AM
Be aware that overheating IC may damage and malfunction on anytime. If you don't want to go for world's worst after sales service provider, ASUS. Do make sure it wont overheat spike 90 degree for too long.

To workaround for now, Always keep the headphone/ external speaker / headset connected.
or

Mute or lower the audio volume also will reduce overheating during using internal speaker.

I don't know man, i'm tired of this shxt. tired of waiting fix, tired of trying, tired of caring for "perfect"
because only god is perfect.

MrRuckus
05-20-2016, 05:05 PM
My G752VY does heat up as well on that side. The thunderbolt 3 port and the headphone amp seem like the most likely causes of the heat. Especially if the ports are being used. I've pulled out USB devices that are not warm but hot to the touch after gaming at a lan. I don't think its abnormal or detrimental to the laptop. USB 3.0/thunderbolt/amplified audio ports. There are a lot of ports on that side. While the surface of the laptop does not get hot, the internals in that area definitely do when in use. Just seems like normal operation though. haven't had a problem with it. As far other people complaining of the weight of the laptop, come on. This is a desktop replacement and a gaming laptop. You should have looked into the specs more carefully before you purchased this to know exactly what you are getting. It's basically a portable desktop with monitor that's 10lbs.

Although the screen bleeding, I feel sorry for you guys. I wouldn't put up with some of the bleeding people have posted in some threads on here. Some are just crazy bad for a laptop of this caliber/price.

ROG_HARDCORE
05-21-2016, 04:33 AM
Dissembled G752VY, turn on and testing audio, the Realtek IC heats up so bad that it burn my hand, i should not have touched it... :(

fuh.. why i pay so much so something that don't even work normally. Just Normal will be great. I'm not demanding for super power monster flying out from the G752VY.

ROG_HARDCORE
05-22-2016, 11:34 AM
Ok, so today i obtain latest realtek audio drivers, and after setup, i went to
regedit >> HKEY_CURRENT_USER >> SOFTWARE >>REALTEK >> AUDIO >> RTKNGUI64 >> POWERMGNT

Setting as :

Delaytime = 0
Enable = 1
OnlyBattery = 0
Powerstate = 0

Result :
No pop sound, NO heating

for now the audio ic not heating up, everything seems fine for now. still testing.

everyone with this issues can test and report here. thank you.

Latest official Realtek driver here :

v6.0.1.7824 from Realtek: ftp://ftp3.realtek.com.tw/Realtek/GeneralRelease/7824_PG445_Win10_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL.zip

Win 7,8,8.1,10 x32/64
PackageVersion = PG445
DriverVer= 05/17/2016, 6.0.1.7824

Username: spcust
Password: hwwk758z

EDIT : STILL GETTING HOT, VERY HOT

vich05
06-14-2016, 10:25 PM
After I've contacted Asus support and described the problem, they suggest me to apply an RMA and then send the unit so they can have a detail check for it and then fix the problem. Have some of you guys tried go through that?

ROG_HARDCORE
06-15-2016, 08:27 AM
After I've contacted Asus support and described the problem, they suggest me to apply an RMA and then send the unit so they can have a detail check for it and then fix the problem. Have some of you guys tried go through that?

Yup, already replaced the motherboard. No luck.

Do let us know if anyone manage to obtain hardware updates, or any fixes.

winyl
06-23-2016, 04:50 PM
I have the same issue with my G752VY. Realtek audio chip getting hot like HELL. Almost burned my rigiht hand thru chasis. Nothing really helps, even disabling audio driver indevice manager
audio chip is still hot buy not hell hot. I suppose it is hardware problem, to high/strong driving current.

Should change the thread topic to: "G752 Realtek audio chip overheating"

Daboom
06-26-2016, 02:59 PM
Just bought a G752VY, and with the wrong driver (or none at all), the audio jack get very hot 45-51 C with 25C ambient temperature.
However, this only occurs when running Linux/Ubuntu.

When running in W10, it never goes hot. Realtek driver is the Windows 2015 (Realtek Digital Audio Output, v10.0.10586.0).

Has anyone managed to solve the heat issue with another Linux driver?
Current Linux driver: Realtek HD-audio codec (snd_hda_codec_realtek & snd_hda_codec_generic), kernel 4.4.0-24.

winyl
06-27-2016, 04:09 AM
When running in W10, it never goes hot. Realtek driver is the Windows 2015 (Realtek Digital Audio Output, v10.0.10586.0).

Of WHAT are you writing DaBoom, WHAT Windows 2015?
Realtek Digital Audio Output, v10.0.10586.0 is Audio End Driver which is not the culprit. This driver is used for speakers and is made by Microsoft.
The problem is "Realtek High Definition Audio" under "Audio Video Game Controllers". Check your version there and report back if you haven't got the overheating issue.

As to the problem. I noticed driver version 7687 does not switch off sound chip, this little crack we had on G751, I had it to when I got G752. Now it is gone. Supposedly audio driver does not switch off the sound chip and thus the overheating occurs?
Never mind. Driver v7687 and v7647, both on Asus G752 support page, switch off sound chip just fine.
The culprit is Uplay, it forces the Reatlek sound chip to stay on all the time Uplay is running, the driver can not switch off sound chip even if Uplay is minimized to app drawer.
Steam client,Battle.net client,GogGalaxy,Origin do not force the sound chip to stay on when they are up and running, but Uplay does.
Report this to Ubisoft.
Check it your self. Run Uplay, then click on speaker(by the clock on the taskbar or in appdrawer depending where you have it) and click on the volume slider. You should get this little crack when the chime stops playing. But when Uplay is runing you want get it. Try it with other clients.
Also when the fans are running sound chip does not overheat so much. So other close Uplay or switch on the fans to stay running when Uplay is in memory.
Found it at last.
No Uplay, No Heat.

ROG_HARDCORE
06-27-2016, 11:57 AM
But why when plugged in 3.5mm audio jack, No heat. ? and why my other laptop including my Lenovo Y70 and MSI GT80S 6QE TITAN SLI no hot audio issues? Yes, i put my hand on the ALC during disassemble and turn on the laptop and play music. No heat produced.
From G75VW, G750JX, G750JT no such issues as well. ONLY G752VY.

7.5. Power Management
The ALC668 does not support Wake-Up events when in low-power mode. All power management state
changes in widgets are driven by software. Table 17 shows the System Power State Definitions. Table 18
indicates those nodes that support power management. To simplify power control, software can configure
whole codec power states through the audio function (NID=01h). Output converters (DACs) and input
converters (ADCs) have no individual power control to supply fine-grained power control.
7.5.1. System Power State Definitions

Table 17. System Power State Definitions

Power States Definitions
D0 All power on. Individual DACs and ADCs can be powered up or down as required.
D1 All amplifiers and converters (DACs and ADCs) are powered down. State maintained, analog
reference stays up.
D2 All amplifiers and converters (DACs and ADCs) are powered down. State maintained, but
analog reference is off (D1 + analog reference off).
D3 (Hot) Power still supplied. The codec stops the internal clock. State is maintained. <<<<<
D3 (Cold) All power removed. State lost.

I also Noticed, SONIC STUDIO also one of the reason behind.

MrRuckus
06-27-2016, 04:46 PM
I don't know why this is being referred to as "overheating" because it doesn't overheat. It just gets hot.

Have you experienced any lockups/crashes because of this heat? I wouldn't worry about it until it becomes a problem. Just about all the components in a laptop are meant to live in a cramped, heated environment, that's what they're designed to withstand. Now if these laptops were failing left and right and having to be sent back in for repair, I could see a problem. But these laptops are doing just fine gaming for hours on end. All of this worry seems to be for nothing more then higher temps compared to other devices with the same audio chip. Do we know that all of the hardware used for on board amp and everything else is exactly the same with all the laptops that use this audio chip? Maybe whatever Asus uses reacts differently with this audio processor? I honestly would'nt worry about it until it becomes an ACTUAL problem.

Unless you can show some kind of document where it states this chip should NOT get that hot, I don't see what the big deal is. Just because it doesn't react the same in another laptop doesn't mean its out if spec or overheating.

winyl
06-27-2016, 07:25 PM
I don't hve problem with sonic studio. Never gets hot with sonic studio enabled if Uplay is not running.

But why when plugged in 3.5mm audio jack, No heat. ?
I don't know why it does not get hot with headphones, maybe internal speakers/subwoofer have to low impedance and connecting headphones disables internal speakers and thus puts less stress on amplifiers of Realtek chip.
Really you should ask Realtek what maight be the cause of overheating of their sound chips, they sould know best if Asus doesn't know. If you have another laptop maybe you have luck and connector is the same as in G752, connect them to G752 and see if it still gets hot. Or check impedance of G752 speakers and MSI GT80 speakers at the connector with good quality multimeter.
According to datasheet impedance sould be 1-2 Ohms on amplified output.
Realtek chips have impedance auto sensing, maybe it does not work on G752 internal speakers?
There you have some possible causes.

Daboom
07-01-2016, 10:24 PM
Of WHAT are you writing DaBoom, WHAT Windows 2015?
Realtek Digital Audio Output, v10.0.10586.0 is Audio End Driver which is not the culprit. This driver is used for speakers and is made by Microsoft.
The problem is "Realtek High Definition Audio" under "Audio Video Game Controllers". Check your version there and report back if you haven't got the overheating issue.

konio
08-30-2016, 01:34 PM
Hi
I have the same problem with my G752VY
I'm using the latest driver Version V6.0.1.7831

Audio jack area is very hot while watching movies :(
Please advise how to fix it.

Sorry for my english.

kiotemote
11-04-2016, 12:19 PM
Hi, have the same issue. Jack area and the right side is always hot, even if i dont listen music or headset is plugged in. Any fixes or advices?

CIURI
12-04-2016, 10:35 AM
Hello ,

I have the same behavior on my G752VL.My guess is that the chip is getting to much voltage, I did not check because my laptop is under warranty but this is my guess . The chips is heating up only when he is active .When you hear the clicking noise in the speakers then it shuts down and the surface cools down.

I have also installed the latest driver I could find and the issue is the same .

NP-complete
01-16-2017, 10:14 AM
Hi,

Did anybody find a solution to this problem?

My little problem with my G752VY-GC249T is basically the same as yours: the case gets hot around the USB and audio jacks area, but only if some application is making sound, the sound is heard through the internal laptop speakers, and I'm not playing games. It's not burning, as you can rest your palm on it without feeling unconfortable, but it is very noticeable.

If I play games, then it doesn't get hot at all, even if I hear the sound through the internal speakers. So I looks like the sound produced by the Nvidia graphics card works fine. The problem comes from the sound coming from the Realtek IC, which produces the sound while you are not playing games.

If I plug the sound to any external headphones or external speakers, then it doesn't get hot, no matter what I do with the laptop (gaming or not). Same if the sound is sent out through the HDMI port. So the problem is not processing the sound, but sending it to the internal speakers. (EDIT: The area around the HDMI port gets a little bit warmer whenever the HDMI cable is connected, but I guess it's just the normal small warming due to connecting the HDMI cable, so it's unrelated to heating issue we are commenting here.)

If no sound is produced by any application, then the area around the USB ports and the audio jacks doesn't get hot.

Before I try to reset it to the factory state, change the BIOS driver, or replace the drivers from Realtek and Nvidia, did anybody solve this problem by doing any of these software changes?? After reading all your comments, it seems that all your efforts in this direction were worthless.

Did anybody solve this problem by sending the laptop to ASUS and letting them fix some hardware?? Would an RMA help in any way? Some guy commented that ASUS changed his motherboard, but nothing improved.

Maybe it's not a big deal, but I'd prefer to solve it if possible, specially because I don't know if this could eventually harm the laptop. Definitely, I can live with this little issue as long as it does not get worse. Should I just refrain from using the internal speakers when not gaming?? Or is this heat just harmless in the long run? After doing some testing with OpenHardwareMonitor, I didn't detect any significant change in the temperature of the CPU, GPU or HDD when the right side of the laptop gets hot this way. But OpenHardwareMonitor only tells you the temperature in these three points, nowhere else. Could this heat be bad to other components?

NP-complete
01-16-2017, 10:49 AM
Also, the volume level seems to affect how it gets hotter: louder means faster.

krle752
01-17-2017, 02:52 PM
I also have a problem with audio jack. I try all solution from this forum.
Try to install all new audio driver and nothing help. I also try to edit regedit and after that sound speakers does not clicks when audio start and after audio stop but that means that audio card working all the time so its not a solution because its hot even more when you don't play any sound.
At the end i uninstall new audio driver and thunderbolt driver(because port is next to audio)
after that i install Realtek High Definition Audio Driver 6.0.1.7647 and in audio setting(speakers properties) i set:
Internal subwoofer 60
center 0
subwoofer 0
rear 0
front 90
Now its get warm but not hot like before.
Maybe this will help.

Sorry on my English.

PS. windows 10 64bit bios ver. 2016 G752VT

NP-complete
01-18-2017, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the info, it's worth a try.

The weird thing is that I didn't hear any clicks at all, but I do since I reset the laptop to try to fix this heating problem. Maybe now the drivers are configured in a different way. Now I have the heating and the clicks.

By the way, did any of you experience any problem when you wake up your laptop after it gets into sleep mode? It's another issue I'm seeing in my laptop (from the beginning, not since I reset it), and I wonder if it could be related to this audio problem or not.

Basically, when I wake up the laptop, sometimes it does it well, sometimes the screens doesn't switch on, sometimes it does but it remains black forever, sometimes the screen wakes up but the mouse point is in "thinking mode" (blue circle) forever, sometimes the mouse pointer is fine but I cannot click on anything, and even sometimes I can log in and the desktop appears again, but then I cannot click on anything. If nobody saw this problem here, then I'll assume this is not related and I'll open a different thread to discuss it...

diogogmaio
01-18-2017, 11:06 AM

The weird thing is that I didn't hear any clicks at all, but I do since I reset the laptop to try to fix this heating problem. Maybe now the drivers are configured in a different way. Now I have the heating and the clicks.

By the way, did any of you experience any problem when you wake up your laptop after it gets into sleep mode? It's another issue I'm seeing in my laptop (from the beginning, not since I reset it), and I wonder if it could be related to this audio problem or not.

Basically, when I wake up the laptop, sometimes it does it well, sometimes the screens doesn't switch on, sometimes it does but it remains black forever, sometimes the screen wakes up but the mouse point is in "thinking mode" (blue circle) forever, sometimes the mouse pointer is fine but I cannot click on anything, and even sometimes I can log in and the desktop appears again, but then I cannot click on anything. If nobody saw this problem here, then I'll assume this is not related and I'll open a different thread to discuss it...

Yep.
It happens.
At least for me so many times.
Black screen after wakeup - sleep.
Didn't managed to get a solution for that.

Anyone?

krle752
01-18-2017, 11:46 AM

Sometimes I get black screen(its on) after resuming from hibernate and windows loading (sing in) slow. I was thinking its because this unit have hdd(7200) and on another unit that process going faster (ssd disk)
I was thinking that maybe they have problem with heating sound card and they fix it with new audio driver who is able to switch off card when not in use but they get clicking sound problem. Also i disable windows audio, so the card stay off no short sound from windows to wake audio card.
Is it possible to install windows 7 64bit or 8 on this computer (G752VT)
asus only support driver for windows 10. If any of you have different windows system to share the drivers.

NP-complete
01-18-2017, 04:07 PM
So I'm not alone with this waking up issue. I wonder if this happens to all G752VY models or only to those with the heating issue we are addressing here.

Definitely, checking these problems in Windows 8 or 8.1 would be interesting. I don't know if ASUS supports it.

In my case, waking up fails only when I get into sleep mode after playing some game. Well, there was a single time when it didn't work but I didn't put the laptop into sleep mode after playing some game. It was a night when the laptop was downloading games from Steam for the whole night. I remember that the right side of the laptop got hot that time. It's weird, because that area gets hot only when the laptop plays sound through the internal speakers, at least in my case.

In order to try to fix the waking up issue, I installed the official drivers of the motherboard, the Nvidia graphics card, and the Realtek audio recommended by ASUS (https://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/833/0/3/6S3ctFvXVIePKB4o/45/) but nothing changed. I tried to update the BIOS too, but I already had the 213 version, the last one.

I've even reset the PC twice (once from Recovery->Reset PC, and the other one by requesting an Advanced Startup to Windows and then resetting the PC from there). The funny thing is that I'm not sure these resets were "true resets". Despite the fact that my C: drive got wiped out and all installed programs disappeared as expected, my Nvidia driver was still version 373 after the reset. But I'm pretty sure I had updated it to version 373 by myself before the reset from some older version. Why didn't it get back to the older driver version?? Maybe I cannot get back to the true factory settings from some reason, and some drivers stick there after resetting?

By the way, it seems that the waking up issue improved after disabling G-Sync in the Nvidia control panel. But maybe I was just a coincience, I'm not sure yet.

BogdanCiulei
01-18-2017, 07:26 PM
The PCH gets hot ( 50-60 degrees ) even without playing any sound. Not all monitor software will show you that, AIDA64 does. The PCH should not be a lot higher than the mb temp on a well behaved system.
Disabling the subwoofer you loose a lot of sound quality, because the other 2 speakers sound like tin cans basically

krle752
01-18-2017, 08:05 PM
The PCH gets hot ( 50-60 degrees ) even without playing any sound. Not all monitor software will show you that, AIDA64 does. The PCH should not be a lot higher than the mb temp on a well behaved system.
Disabling the subwoofer you loose a lot of sound quality, because the other 2 speakers sound like tin cans basically

yes i agree. if you disable laptop subwoofer sound on other 2 speakers is bad. but "Internal subwoofer" is volume for subwoofer in your laptop other settings for "subwoofer" is something different.
My temperature for PCH is 40 to 42c on aida64.

"PCH is the chipset component of your motherboard. It tends to run a bit hotter than processors, especially at idle. Anything above 80 Celsius is considered high for chipsets, and beyond 90 Celsius is considered critical." link (https://forums.aida64.com/topic/1128-pch-diode-what-temperature-it-is-normal/)

NP-complete
01-19-2017, 12:21 AM
When idle, my PCH temperature is 50 +-3 (HWiNFO64) and my CPU and GPU also stay at 50. CPU and GPU top at 83 and 72 respectively after 30 minutes of Witcher 3 (averages during these 30 minutes: 72 and 67 respectively). The PCH temperature does not change at all during gaming, it remains at 50+-3. Tomorrow I'll check the PCH and CPU temperatures after 30 minutes of YouTube music at max volume and I'll report them here (after all, this is the kind of thing making the right side of my computer get hot).

BogdanCiulei
01-19-2017, 10:46 AM
The PCH is practically the mb chipset https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platform_Controller_Hub

And yes, I see a lot of people complaining about its temp with a simple search on google. But it seems to be connected to Asus mobos.
I also have a 6th gen desktop system, Z170 chipset, MSI mb - the PCH temp is 26 Celsius , never jumps past 30. It's true, the mobo has a large radiator over the chipset
I guess in a laptop, this happens because of crowded components and in case of ROGs, the sound amplifier

NP-complete
01-19-2017, 06:40 PM
After one hour of playing YouTube music AND simultaneously downloading games in the background (at 2Mb/s), the PCH temperature stayed within the 50-60 range (average = 51.9). Actually, I saw that downloading those games had a much higher impact on raising the temperature close to 60 than listening to music. So I have to assume that the sound does not significantly affect the PCH temperature. In fact, none of the temperatures measured by HWiNFO64 was significantly affected by playing music.

Btw, after doing three PC resets for testing reasons, I came to the conclusion that the PC reset operation doesn't work as expected. It does wipe out my C: drive as required and it does uninstall all installed programs. However, it does NOT manage to get the drivers back to their original factory state. Right before my last reset, my Nvidia driver was 376. After the reset, I had no Nvidia driver at all (so the resolution was that ****ty 800x600 or something and all icons in the desktop were huge), though the version of PhysX was still the one coming with the 376 version. So some components of the Nvidia driver were not reset at all, whereas other components were just totally removed. The Win 10 "Reset PC" functionality is crap.

It looks like the issue with waking up after sleeping is dramatically reduced by using the Nvidia driver recommended by ASUS, 362 (including PhysX).

By the way, is it normal that my max CPU temperature while playing games like Witcher 3 reaches 83 (the average is 10 lower or so)?

NP-complete
01-22-2017, 11:05 AM
Regarding the sleep and wake up issue with G752VY, it's definitely a software problem. If you do a clean boot then it works well in all cases. Thus, some program or programs are the cause of this problem.

My first thought was blaming Sonic Studio II, as it made all my Origin games (Unravel and Sims 4) crash when I launched them (just removing SSII from the Windows tray solved this problem). However, just disabling SSII from the startup does not solve the waking up problem. I guess finding the program to be blamed for the waking up issue would be just a matter of trying one "semi-clean" boot after each other. But it would be a very time consuming task, as the waking problem is non-deterministic: under the same apparent conditions, sometimes it happens and some it doesn't.

I think I'll just disable automatic sleep in Windows.

BogdanCiulei
01-25-2017, 09:27 AM
Installed R2.81 from Realtek's site.
It only decreases the PCH temp after a reboot . Any sleep or hibernate going through will make something crash and the PCH is going to heat as before ( 52 celsius without any real usage ). It also makes the touchpad driver crash in the same time , as opposed to before when it was working for several days in a row ( multiple sleep / hibernate )

It also doesn't help with the popping sounds coming out from the speakers. I can tell now that the pop is when the device turns off ( sounds like a hardware gate ) , but they seem to have a good reason for wishing it to turn off so often, beside the one of saving power. When the laptop is cold and the audio device turns on , you can hear horrible white noise coming from the speakers , the louder you turn on the volume the louder the noise gets, so its not anything picked up by the speakers themselfs. Can anyone confirm this ?

NP-complete
01-25-2017, 08:26 PM
I reported my all my temps to ASUS (both the temperature at the right side of the case, and the internal temperatures of the CPU, GPU, and PCH when playing sound through the speaking, playing games, etc). They told me that I shouldn't worry about the safety of the computer in the long term, because it's all normal.

By the way, I have good news regarding the issue waking up after getting into sleep mode: I've found that the problem is Origin. If I don't let Origin run (neither at startup nor later), then my computer always wakes up properly from sleep mode. So if any of you is experiencing this issue and you also have any installed Origin or Electronic Arts game, try it.

NP-complete
01-26-2017, 12:14 PM
I'm so sorry to inform that my solution to solve the waking up issue doesn't work in all cases. I thought waking up after a clean boot was safe (25 waking up operations in the last 3 days, all correct!), but it isn't. After a clean boot, I started Steam and asked it to download some large game (10 Gb) into the SSD. After 5 Gb or so, when the right side of the case was already warm (yes, the right side gets warm even without any sound, just by downloading files), I put the laptop into sleep mode. 30 minutes later, when the right side of the case was cold again, I pressed the wake up button... and it failed. Two attempts. First time I could write my password but then I was stuck in the desktop. Second time I just got the infamous black screen.

Maybe reducing the number of running programs helps indeed, but it definitely sounds like a hardware issue.

NP-complete
01-27-2017, 10:15 AM
Regarding the waking up issue: I've installed the lastest Intel drivers for the Chipset, the Management Engine, and the Rapid Storage Technology from http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?lang=en. Then, I've changed the BIOS from Raid to AHCI, following the steps given by hexaae in https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...l=1#post588732 (I also experienced that halved transfer speed problem after waking up from sleep). Then I've repeated twice the experiment I mentioned in my previous post, and it's working: resuming after suspension isn't failing. I don't want to be overoptimistic (again!), but this could be the solution. I'll report any failure here...

Delosari
02-04-2017, 01:11 AM
I just wanted to share that I have the same issue on my G752VM (the heating issue arround the audio jack closet to the thunderbolt)

I seem not to have issues with the waking up. And it seems it is colder when I play something but I need to check...

I bought it last week... (I can still return it :( ) and I did a factory reset which erased everything.

Regarding the realtek audo drivers it came with the 6.0.1.7848... However, I added the 6.0.17945.

Someone said it was caused by the nvidia drivers... I am using the latest nvidia drivers from the gforce experience.

My CPU/GPU temperatures in light load seems to be around 40 -45 respectively...

winyl
03-09-2017, 11:20 AM
I've changed the BIOS from Raid to AHCI, following the steps given by hexaae in https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...l=1#post588732

If you changed from RAID to AHCI, and have your win10 on M.2 SSD, you won't be able to install any major Win10 update like 1607 or upcoming Creator's Update because of 0xc0000225 BSOD. And going back to RAID may also cause you all sorts of problems. If you have only HDD or Sata bay SSD, your good.

The heating up of audio cheap is some how related the G752 loud speakers are really quiet even when on 100% volume compered to G751 on 100% volume. When the two stand side by side you can not hear G752. The G751 is so much louder. I suspect a hardware issue, something is of spec. On headphones all is good, the sound if equally strong from G72 and G751.

The Bios is buggy. You can't install win10 from cd on G752 SSD in raid mode. It will bsod when trying to load intel Raid driver. Asus support admitted it in an email. They asured me they are working on new bios to correct the problems with AHCI mode, but no new bios till this day has been released.

Julskey
03-09-2017, 05:13 PM
[QUOTE=winyl;636837]If you changed from RAID to AHCI, and have your win10 on M.2 SSD, you won't be able to install any major Win10 update like 1607 or upcoming Creator's Update because of 0xc0000225 BSOD. And going back to RAID may also cause you all sorts of problems. If you have only HDD or Sata bay SSD, your good.
QUOTE]

I have a G752VT. Changed bios from RAID to AHCI, no BSOD. I have Windows 10 clean install, version 1607 as of the moment. Never had any problems. I also had never any problems with factory preinstalled windows, I just had to try a clean install. No difference at all. I can also switch to and fro AHCI to RAID mode with no BSOD.

Maybe it helps if you disable fast boot in BIOS and fast startup in windows. I had mine like this since I first acquired my unit.

As of the headphone jack area too hot, I think it is not too hot. It is just warm. IT becomes warm only when no 3,5mm plugged in. I think this is due to the speaker amps cranking maybe 1 or 2 watts of power to the speakers.

Dr4g0n36
04-10-2017, 07:24 AM
Same for me on G752VT...sometimes right area become very hot...maybe is paired with the old "pop" issue? realtek chip continuosly process data and overheat itself.

EDIT: to solve the "old microsoft driver date" worry, they use appositely that date even if the driver is a new one in order to be esaily replaced by productor setup. but having a 2015 driver's doesn't mean that's a 2015 one. it could be a march 2017, but microsoft's one wil be always 2015 in order to be easily deleted/archived from better driver installer specialized by OEM's or major SH (like realtek for example).

geoxia
04-25-2017, 12:02 PM
G752VY same problem. Resolved by turning off Sonic Studio. Here are the steps:
Press the ROG key on the numpad to open Gaming Center. Lunch Utility -> Sonic Studio -> Off64196

Dr4g0n36
04-25-2017, 09:25 PM
G752VY same problem. Resolved by turning off Sonic Studio. Here are the steps:
Press the ROG key on the numpad to open Gaming Center. Lunch Utility -> Sonic Studio -> Off64196

If you disable SS2 realtek audio is more worse than after.

sbordoni
05-08-2017, 12:40 PM
updated to: 28/10/2017

I had a similar random problem, but after having excluded USB quick charge, my conclusions were driving me to some kind audio device problem.

The good news are that:

- I found a quick mitigation to the problem: unplugging the power supplier seems to quit the problem.

- up to now, i fixed it by uninstalling Reaktek audio drivers and using windows included ones.

You can find the whole story here:
http://www.stefanobordoni.cloud/rog-g752-overheat/

Good luck

CIURI
11-12-2017, 05:35 PM
Got the same issues on G752VL , my MB also died , not sure if the cause was related to this but new MB same issue.

The Realtek chip is not getting to hot , the issue is the amplifier stage causing the heating . Tried with allot of driver versions and no luck to fix the issue .

If the audio does not go to sleep then the amplifier stage goes hot . This is happening on all apps that is using audio , they keep the chip awake.

danmaku
01-04-2018, 01:29 AM
I have the same issue with a replacement G752VS. My wakeups are inconsistent too. Sometimes it will work, otherwise I get a black screen and I press the power button to get to the lock screen. Oddly, when I shut the lid, I hear windows make the audio chime when something disconnects and then reconnects. Are all VS models busted or something?

The laptop runs fine but if I put it to sleep, it will get hot. It stays cool otherwise.

NeuroBurner
05-03-2018, 06:56 PM
Some people mentioned their PCH temperature is somewhat high. This is the case because in the RAID mode all communication with your PCIe SSD goes through the RAID controller in the PCH. Switching to AHCI mode would reduce PCH temperature by 10 C degrees from 60 to 50. Subjectively, it also works slightly faster in the AHCI mode. I could switch on the fly with the latest Windows updates, had no system troubles since the switch.

And yes, I have the very same problem with the audio chip getting so hot, that you can feel it on the cover. In fact, it's as hot as the cover of my super slim Asus T300 chi with Core M under full load. This is a shame, because the speakers are far not that powerful to demand such a power draw from the amplifier. It is nothing but a design flaw in my opinion :mad:.

krle752
01-10-2019, 12:12 PM
One month before my warranty(2years) expired 1 usb start to dont read anything, 5 days after that i cant switch on pc.
Problem was motherboard and it need to be replaced.
cpu and gpu was integrated in motherboard, so now when they change motherboard i have new cpu and gpu.
Temperature while rendering is 5c better (lower), audio port still getting hot but not like before. maybe 2 times cooler than before.
i guess that asus g752vt have serial problem with realtek audio.
i'm so dissapointed in asus laptops. if you pay 1600euro for gaming laptop you expect that everything will work fine. my next laptop will be some other brand maybe dell,msi, lenovo.

Dr4g0n36
01-10-2019, 03:27 PM
One month before my warranty(2years) expired 1 usb start to dont read anything, 5 days after that i cant switch on pc.
Problem was motherboard and it need to be replaced.
cpu and gpu was integrated in motherboard, so now when they change motherboard i have new cpu and gpu.
Temperature while rendering is 5c better (lower), audio port still getting hot but not like before. maybe 2 times cooler than before.
i guess that asus g752vt have serial problem with realtek audio.
i'm so dissapointed in asus laptops. if you pay 1600euro for gaming laptop you expect that everything will work fine. my next laptop will be some other brand maybe dell,msi, lenovo.
I've payed 2400 bucks for an MSI and i have more huge problem than my previous ROG had (BSOD on gaming with 1070, already sent twice on repair, no solution), don't think that other flags are Always better. Just waiting to have money to return under ROG flag.