PDA

View Full Version : Intel XTU

antoine52200
01-30-2016, 03:43 PM
Hi everyone, i was wondering if anyone with windows 10 and Intel XTU could tell me if they can see intel watchdog timer in control panel/ apps and features? I used to see it on windows 8.1 but can't find it now that i'm on windows 10.. Thanks

toronto699
01-30-2016, 10:31 PM
On 3 W10 PCs 2 Asus laptops 1 Asus PC Tower with Intel XTU , there is no watchdog timer in control panel add remove programs but if I make any unit unstable with OC watchdog shows unstable environment error in W10. as far as I can remember Intel Watchdog was in add remove programs in W8, W8.1 no long that way in W10

warryabel
01-31-2016, 09:26 AM
with the newest version there is also no watchdogapp in controlpanel add remove programs under win 8.1. with the stock version of xtu i have two watchdog things in controlpanel! hope this was helpfull...
p.s. xtu runs with or without showing watchdogapp in controlpanel add remove programs.

antoine52200
01-31-2016, 09:34 AM
yes thats what i though.. can't manage to get it to work either, i currently using a safe overclock but i can't play with it anymore. I could crash and WDT won't reset to default settings.. i don't want to have to take the laptop appart and remove the motherboard battery just because it's stuck in a loop. Even in the system information tab in XTU i get

Watchdog present: true,
running at boot: false
failed: false

Wonder if anyone had found a solution.. I looking into it with the help of HWBOT forum members will report back if i find a solution..

warryabel
01-31-2016, 09:50 AM
cant play with it means? it wont work with your oc profile? or you cant hit the buttons on manual tuning because its greyed out? when its profil issue you can make a new profile...no plan,sorry

antoine52200
01-31-2016, 11:01 AM
No, i mean, right now i have an overclock and everything is working as it should my profile loads correctly but i can't try to overclock further because it could crash and Watchdog timer isn't here to reset to the default profile if my laptop can't boot with the new overclock.

i 'm looking for a way to fix WDT and overclock knowing it will do it's job if i go too far..

antoine52200
01-31-2016, 11:02 AM
intel xtu is working perfectly it's WDT that doesn't reset default settings when the overclock isn't bootable...