PDA

View Full Version : G752VT and Disabling ASUS USB Charger Plus when turned off?

pigulici
02-01-2016, 08:06 PM
Hi, is there any way to disable usb charger, so after I give shutdown to laptop, no charge on usb port?, google did not help me, and don't find anything in bios...

Gps3dx
02-01-2016, 08:50 PM
Hello there new ROG citizen,

We @Vault-Tec, wish to remind you that no matter which PipBoy version you hold ( aka your laptop), the minute you have entered ROG country ( aka this forum ), you're able to SEARCH FOR ANYTHING using your own private PipBoy.... and it is really simple !
Just look at the right upper corner of your PipBoy, then enter your query in the "Search" field, Hit enter and viola!

Just for example, when we @Vault-Tec, searched for "charger+" we found the following thread: HERE (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?82080-ASUS-G752VY-USB-CHARGER-The-feature-that-permanently-ON!&highlight=charger%2B) and HERE (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81885-Asus-ROG-G752VT-USB-issue&highlight=charger%2B)
( look at the advise under post #4 )
We @Vault-Tec, wish to state that this kind of query returns the best answers, to any situation you might find yourself during your wilderness trips, in the ASUS galaxy.
Thus, there is no need to mini-nuke your "opponent" ( aka open a new thread ) as there are already better known ways to eliminate your problems ( aka searching for the issue & reading about the solution - even if they're written for other PipBoy version ( aka other laptop models) )

You might ask your self - "why should I bother" ?
Well, leaving a reply in an already opened thread, with same/similar topic, can help the ROG community by having ONE THREAD that debates same subject, instead of many many others.
That way, the ROG community will have a "library of knowledge" on same topic - IN ONE PLACE.

As always, feel free to visit us at the ROG central forum for any future question.
signing out,
VaultTec.

pigulici
02-01-2016, 09:19 PM
Sorry if I pollute this forum with my problem and thank you for your time to point me to those places, also it look like I have to learn to search in this forum, on side note look like my issue can't be resolved for now...

Clintlgm
02-01-2016, 10:09 PM
Yes someone else had the same issue, if I remember right there was no solution except to un plug devices. I also have a hard time coming up with search phrases that bring up what ever I'm looking for in these forum! Goggle seem to search them easier. In the mean time don't worry about polluting this forum with your question some of us will point you in the right direction if we don't know the answer.

toronto699
02-02-2016, 12:54 AM
Well in my humble opinion , Search is rather useless , seldom brings up correct answer , or no answer at all , just post your ? someone will reply , maybe not angie
here is a post about g752 usb charger
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81885-Asus-ROG-G752VT-USB-issue

Julskey
02-02-2016, 02:02 AM
You can set your usb charger plus setting to 99 and when you power off your laptop, also power off power adaptor. When battery voltage drops below 99, you will have power to usb switched off.

Gps3dx
02-02-2016, 02:28 AM
Yes someone else had the same issue, if I remember right there was no solution except to un plug devices. I also have a hard time coming up with search phrases that bring up what ever I'm looking for in these forum! Goggle seem to search them easier. In the mean time don't worry about polluting this forum with your question some of us will point you in the right direction if we don't know the answer.
@Clintlgm - yep... you really help the community here... thanks. mass it is...

pigulici
02-02-2016, 06:47 AM
I just uninstalled ASUS USB Charger Plus, but I will try the Julskey ideea...at me , I have the wacom tablet, a external keyboard and a external mouse, this it is a must(I work everyday in Photoshop), so I have 1 usb left where I put my external hdd for backup of data, and I know it is not ok for him to stay on, also I removed the hybrid-shutdown from Windows...sad that after I bought so expensive hardware , have less option than a cheap one...