PDA

View Full Version : If you could choose a custom color for your Asus, what would it be?

XOIIO
02-03-2016, 01:34 AM
I was a bit bored, and was thinking that it would have been pretty sweet if we could have chosen custom colors for our Asus notebooks, I'm curious what you guys would possibly have chosen.

I think electric blue or green would look pretty slick, or even white. If the keyboard wasn't stuck to red, I might be inclined to take out the vents and try changing the color, or preferably buy some spare ones if asus parts could even get them.

I mean, it could be done, but it would take a lot of work to re-theme the whole thing, and I don't have a soldering iron tip suitable for SMD LED's, or the want to risk messing up the keyboard assembly irreversibly. You;d also need to find a way to change the letters, I think it's actually red plastic with black paint, so that would be tricky to do. Lots of custom stuff.

I think blue is my favorite though.

Julskey
02-03-2016, 03:53 AM
I like my G752 as it is. I would have preferred white keyboard backlight though, like in my old G74sx.

Weirdoutworld
02-03-2016, 04:21 PM
Legit carbon fiber chassis... *mind blown*

Or a matte black that isn't rubberish mixed with gloss black for vents and brushed aluminum parts.

XOIIO
02-04-2016, 07:25 PM
^ That reminds me of the magnesium alloy frames that thinkpads used to use (and might for the business ones). Some had that same alloy for the back of the monitor with a somewhat rubbery coating kind of like the material on the keyboard our laptops have.

That magnesium alloy would be awesome to have for the keyboard and palm rests, it stayed pretty cool to the touch.