PDA

View Full Version : GL752VW-DH74 Nvidia Driver Update Issue

Gameb0i83
02-03-2016, 11:10 PM
Hello,

I just got a new laptop (ASUS ROG GL752VW-DH74) with Windows 10 (64 bit)/BIOS Version American Megatrends Inc. 5.03 pre-installed. It has a Nvidia GTX 960M (4 GB) graphics card. I ran the Geforce Experience program (which I had to disable all Nvidia processes in the background just to access) and tried to download the latest driver. It gets to the point where it gets ready to install but then stops because it says it's not compatible with this version of Windows. It also says it cannot find compatible graphics hardware.

I've tried a clean install and still got the "unable to continue" error message and tried downloading it from Nvidia's driver page specifying that I had Windows and I got the same error message. I then live chatted with a NVIDIA rep about this problem and they aksi suggested the clean install fix. When I told them that didn't work the prep spoke with their "back end team" who then said it "seems like the GPU is customized by the laptop manufacturer and our driver will not work and you will have to use only laptop manufacturer", which lead me here.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I can play all the games I have now, but I want to make sure I can update drivers for the future. Thanks in advance!

Julskey
02-03-2016, 11:18 PM
I have a G752 and i did not have trouble updating from geforce experince. Have you tried installing it from asus website? Have you removed game first III? Geforce experience is hanging up with gamefirstIII. Uninstall gamefirst and try to update with geforce experience

Gameb0i83
02-04-2016, 01:10 AM
I uninstalled Gamefirst III and still have the same issue "not compatible with this version of Windows" and "cannot find compatible graphics hardware".