PDA

View Full Version : Problems using Newer Nvidia Drivers on on my G751JT

91240xs
02-11-2016, 05:40 PM
So...I've upgraded drivers from Nvidia's site a few times, and it's always broken G-SYNC on my G751JT-DBxx. This has happened with many different versions, I always use DDU etc, and it's done the right way. The only fix is to install Asus legit drivers which are from 5/11/15, way old now! Everyone else seeing this issue? Or am I alone?? FC4 was running pretty well, but I know by now there are many performance enhancements, I mean ROTTR is out and I have a copy, I want the newest drivers! Any ideas beyond the obvious? I guess just seeing who out there has successfully updated drivers off Nvidia's site.

antoine52200
02-11-2016, 05:49 PM
You don't have to use DDU every time you update your drivers, just select a clean install and you shouldn't have theses issues..

91240xs
02-11-2016, 05:58 PM
Yeah, I've tried that as well...........

antoine52200
02-11-2016, 06:18 PM
So, your problem is that when you update drivers you loose the g-sync on an official g-sync g751? right?

Have you tried using g force experience? i know it's an horrible software but ..

91240xs
02-11-2016, 07:03 PM
So, your problem is that when you update drivers you loose the g-sync on an official g-sync g751? right?

Have you tried using g force experience? i know it's an horrible software but ..

That is correct, although I just tried again (haven't for a month or so) and the only thing I did differently was right-click "run as Administrator". I usually am logged in as a local admin when installing so haven't before - its a domain account, my normal one - so who knows.

GFE, no way. It would not hold my battery boost settings no matter what, and it's pretty poorly written. I stopped using it a while ago.

MrRuckus
02-11-2016, 07:41 PM
While I also hate GFE. Its going to be a must pretty soon. Nvidia has said they are going to eventually remove the drivers from their site and make driver updates available only via GFE. I think its pretty horrible, but supposedly ATI is planning to do the same with their Crimson package. I have GFE installed, but I dont use it. I dont have it scan for games so it just sits there. I'd rather choose my own settings than have some program choose what it thinks the settings should be..

EDIT: Sorry, on topic, I just updated to the newest drivers via the website and chose clean install (which I always do). The drivers installed and right after it advised a GSYNC monitor was detected and it was enabled. Rebooted and checked, its on and as it should be.
Have you tried the BIOS optimal defaults trick by any chance? Some were reporting on G752's that GSYNC was not there. Someone pointed out that by going into the Bios and choosing optimized defaults this restored GSYNC? I know you dont have a G752, but worth a shot?

Source: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2993272/software-games/nvidia-plans-to-lock-game-ready-drivers-behind-geforce-experience-registration.html

antoine52200
02-11-2016, 08:50 PM
Yeah if they do this, i will install it to update drivers and uninstall it with a soft like total uninstaller right after! now way i will leave g force experience on my computer! all the S***t that runs in the background.. for nothing...

just uninstall it, you will see the difference in games.. you won't even want to have it in the background anymore! :)

Saipher
02-12-2016, 06:39 AM
I agree on GFE. Just uninstalling it added +500 on my FireStrike score.