PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth not working on G751JY

kutyafal
02-15-2016, 05:37 PM
I have a brand new G751JY-DB72 and the bluetooth doesn't seem to work. To be more exact the driver is installed "Intel Bluetooth Driver v17.0.1405.0464" according to the Asus Installation Wizard utility but I don't see any indicator of a bluetooth device or any way to add one. What driver does this laptop uses? On Asus support page there are three different drivers listed which is very confusing:

Qualcomm Atheros BlueTooth driver
Intel BlueTooth driver
Broadcom BlueTooth driver

So, which chip does this laptop have? What driver should I install again?

Thanks for help!

JustinThyme
02-16-2016, 02:13 AM
I have a brand new G751JY-DB72 and the bluetooth doesn't seem to work. To be more exact the driver is installed "Intel Bluetooth Driver v17.0.1405.0464" according to the Asus Installation Wizard utility but I don't see any indicator of a bluetooth device or any way to add one. What driver does this laptop uses? On Asus support page there are three different drivers listed which is very confusing:

Qualcomm Atheros BlueTooth driver
Intel BlueTooth driver
Broadcom BlueTooth driver

So, which chip does this laptop have? What driver should I install again?

Thanks for help!

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75439/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7260

3rd down is your wireless and 4th is your BT. Usually get more up to date drivers looking at the wireless card manufacturing website.

kutyafal
02-16-2016, 09:28 AM
Thanks! Since I'm running Win 8.1 I assume I shouldn't use the 4th win 10 driver but rather the one further down for 8.1.

So this laptop has the Intel BT module? If so why does the support page also lists BT drivers for Qualcomm and Broadcom ?!?

Also, I did the F9 re-image/reset and that should put everything back to factory config yet the BT driver doesn't seem to work. Don't quite get how Asus configured this machine...

kutyafal
02-16-2016, 09:58 AM
OK, I've installed the latest Intel BT driver and still no change. I don't see a Bluetooth option when trying to add a new device. I'm installing all the Win 8.1 updates now to see if that makes a difference. I really would like to make this work so I can use my bluetooth headset. Can someone take a screenshot of what it looks like where you add/pair a new bluetooth device in Windows 8.1 ? Thanks!

Julskey
02-16-2016, 10:29 AM
Check Device Manager, if there are items with yellow trangle and exclamation point, it means that there are devices that are not working and windows cannot find the driver for them and it is probable that it could be your bluetooth device. You can install drivers one by one until the errors in the device manager will disappear. Then uninstall the wrong driver/application installed from programs and features if any are present there.

kutyafal
02-16-2016, 12:18 PM
In device manager under Network Adapters I only see two items:
- Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7260
- Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

No Bluetooth anywhere in the device tree and no yellow triangles either.

Should there be a separate item for it somewhere?

antoine52200
02-16-2016, 12:45 PM
Go into services.msc, and check if you see bluetooth there, and make sure it is set as automatic, and you can also start the service manually

kutyafal
02-16-2016, 05:58 PM
Well, I checked the services and the hands free and support services were not running. However even after starting all BT services it doesn't work. Funny thing is the laptop even have the little Bt sticker next to the right USB port. Maybe this laptop only received the sticker. :D I don't know what else to do. I'll try to contact ASUS.

antoine52200
02-16-2016, 06:04 PM
Do you use wifi? Because, i had this issue, when i used ethernet, i disabled wifi and my bluetooth stopped working.. I had to turn it back on to use bluetooth..

kutyafal
02-16-2016, 07:00 PM
Yes, I only use wifi. As I said, bluetooth device is not even in the Device Manager list anywhere.

Julskey
02-16-2016, 07:51 PM
Maybe your computer has no bluetooth device. Bluetooth device should be listed at the third tree in Device Manager (between battery and computer), If not listed, and there are no yellow exclamation marks anywhere in device manager, your laptop may not have bluetooth afterall. Try go into settings>hardware, if you have Bluetooth, it should be listed between Connected devices and Mouse. Check your laptop model and manual if Bluetooth is really supported, if it is, then maybe you can request for a replacement.

One last thing. Go into BIOS by pressing F2 on ROG logo after restart. Check under Security > I/O interface security > USB interface security, if Bluetooth option is set to LOCK, change this to UNLOCK. I've verified in 752VT that if i set to LOCK, bluetooth tree disappears in device manager and at settings/devices. Wifi is still working though, so these are separate devices. They may be located on the same card, but surely separate devices, or they could be on separate cards, IDK.

kutyafal
02-16-2016, 09:24 PM
So I called ASUS support and they've verified that this laptop model should have bluetooth and that it must be a hardware fault. So I'll have to look into servicing it. Brand new machine... :(

Julskey
02-16-2016, 10:32 PM
So I called ASUS support and they've verified that this laptop model should have bluetooth and that it must be a hardware fault. So I'll have to look into servicing it. Brand new machine... :(

Yes, it happens even to brand new machines. But have you checked BIOS settings, Security>IO interface security>USB interface security>Bluetooth if you have any option there? Servicing/replacement should be your last resort.

maf23
02-17-2016, 12:00 AM
I have default Microsoft Bluetooth drivers for my GL552VW when I installed Win7 Pro 64-bit. Must have been included in the chipset drivers because I never even tried to install them. Windows should be able to detect and install the required drivers automatically if your motherboard supports them (check serial number with ASUS support). I would uninstall anything you manually tried to install for BT and restart. Then in device manager let windows install the missing drivers. You can always re-install the chipset drivers if the Bluetooth devices are not even showing up with triangles.

kutyafal
02-17-2016, 07:12 PM
So I did a full reset with the F9 factory image reset. Now I see several Bluetooth items in Device Manager but they're all hidden. No option to enable, only uninstall. When looking at the properties they all say the device is not connected.

Also, when trying update drivers option it says the latest is already installed. Still no Bluetooth option showing up under devices window. I thought the Bluetooth module was integrated into the WiFi chip. If so it's hard to imagine how only the BT part would go bad. Everything else is working fine.

kingjezdi
02-17-2016, 08:16 PM
now they make this sh...only in USA???
any new infos about in Germany?!

Julskey
02-18-2016, 12:08 AM
So I did a full reset with the F9 factory image reset. Now I see several Bluetooth items in Device Manager but they're all hidden. No option to enable, only uninstall. When looking at the properties they all say the device is not connected.

Also, when trying update drivers option it says the latest is already installed. Still no Bluetooth option showing up under devices window. I thought the Bluetooth module was integrated into the WiFi chip. If so it's hard to imagine how only the BT part would go bad. Everything else is working fine.

My friend, did you try to enable bluetooth in BIOS setup? Factory image restore and driver update are only software side. As you said, device manager says device is not connected. In BIOS setup, please confirm if there is a Bluetooth option. Go to bios setup and go to SECURITY>IO INTERFACE SECURITY>USB INTERFACE SECURITY>BLUETOOTH.

It may be your bluetooth hardware is disabled in bios, or you dont have bluetooth, or your bluetooth device is defective. Please confirm if you are able to go to bios.