PDA

View Full Version : Help! ROG G752VT Interior with Blue Rings

P4R4D0X
02-16-2016, 03:47 AM
Help! I had my G752VT-Rh71 without the ssd on January 22,2016
After two weeks i noticed this bluish circle in the matte part.

I dont think that it is because of my palms. The last activity I've done is
Installing. The performance was not affected by this. But i need to know
Where did it came from. Is it because of the heat from the hdd? Maybe
because the load is not seperated because i have no ssd, so it means the
Hdd heats up quickly

By the way I'm from PH. Thanks for the help guys

JustinThyme
02-16-2016, 07:12 AM
Thats right about where the HDD is. New one on me. Does your HHD get that hot? Seems if that was the culprit you would certainly be able to feel it! It is a place where you typically rest your palm? It right where mine goes when typing.

Julskey
02-16-2016, 10:39 AM
It looks like it has been soiled with a chemical and then rubbed off. How many months has it been with you? I don't think it is due to heat. I'm from CDO.

P4R4D0X
02-16-2016, 02:26 PM
It looks like it has been soiled with a chemical and then rubbed off. How many months has it been with you? I don't think it is due to heat. I'm from CDO.

That can be one reason, but i think its impossible. I use Isopropyl Alchol to clean my laptop every 3 days. Ive been using
it for almost 3 weeks.

JustinThyme
02-16-2016, 03:04 PM
Looking at the images again there are signs of something down the left side too and all around the space bar with several keys half rubbed off. Forget the laptop brother, what do you have on your skin that you need to clean up a laptop with alcohol? Is be more concerned with my health.

P4R4D0X
02-16-2016, 03:54 PM
Looking at the images again there are signs of something down the left side too and all around the space bar with several keys half rubbed off. Forget the laptop brother, what do you have on your skin that you need to clean up a laptop with alcohol? Is be more concerned with my health.

I just apply a thin layer of alcohol on some cloth then wipe off the dust or left moisture. It's probably the flash that cause some keys with dust or dirt. Anyway I just want to know where might the blue ring came from. How can I put back the appearance on its former glory :))

JustinThyme
02-16-2016, 05:25 PM
The I,O,P,K,L keys are obviously affected. Something getting on your hands and being transferred to the laptop is doing this. I have a G74SX that is several years old that has never been wiped down with anything other than a paper towel moistened with Windex and the surface is pristine. Some keys are worn through form several years of use but your laptop is nowhere near old enough.

For cause look to what is coming into contact with it. Im afraid the only way to restore it is a new keyboard and I can guarantee you warranty will not cover it.

Julskey
02-16-2016, 08:41 PM
I also have a G74SX-BBK7 (bestbuy unit), which still alive and kicking to this day (upgraded to W10). I only use a damp cloth for cleaning. No detergents, only water. Justinthyme is right, that thing might have come from your hands. What have you recently done (paint job, etc)? May you got some chemicals on your hands and were not properly washed off before you used your laptop?

I now covered my whole keyboard and palm rest area with silicone keyboard protector sheet to prevent dust from getting tunder the keys and some anti slip mat for palm rest, my hands get sweaty from playing or typing sometimes.

P4R4D0X
02-17-2016, 12:22 AM
I think I have found a solution to my problem! Thanks for helping guys!

kobby2k6
02-18-2016, 05:44 PM
I think I have found a solution to my problem! Thanks for helping guys!

What was the solution?

P4R4D0X
02-22-2016, 03:38 PM
Well, my solution is apply thin liquid in cleaning your laptop. Dont let it dry wet or else it will soil. :)

kobby2k6
02-23-2016, 01:21 PM
Well, my solution is apply thin liquid in cleaning your laptop. Dont let it dry wet or else it will soil. :)

Thanks.

P4R4D0X
02-24-2016, 02:38 PM
that is the solution. just minimize the use of other liquid. it cant be removed (for me) if you find a way removing the blue rings bump me.