PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G60JX sound card

Zanetti
11-27-2010, 08:07 AM
Hi ,

i bought an ASUS G60JX (i5) laptop. But i noticed that laptop has a realtek sound card instead creative audigy hd.

So, ASUS G60JX has realtek or creative sound card? According to ASUS website, it should be a CREATIVE AUDIGY HD.

If someone could elucidate me....

Thank you.

Brian@ASUS
11-27-2010, 08:59 AM
the G60jx has a realtek codec not creative audigy hd codec(sound card), all of our G series has however creative's EAX 4.0 software package.

if it helps you make it clear, a creative audigy hd soundcard comprises of both hardware (the creative codec chip or the sound card) and software the EAX package that creative uses to make their soundcards take advantage of EAX title games.

G60 uses a realtek codec with the eax package. just a different high quality sound card with the same software package.

Zanetti
11-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Hi Brian and thank you for your attention.

i have downloaded cretive audigy win7 software package from ASUS website (from ASUS G60JX section)... but when i try to install this package it throws me an error and it says that cannot find a creative sound card.

1) why ASUS put a driver package on his website which is not compatible with ASUS laptops?
2) where i can download EAX package that you told me?
3) EAX feature will not working if i have not installed EAX package?

Best regards,
Dan

kyoshi
11-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Hi Brian and thank you for your attention.

i have downloaded cretive audigy win7 software package from ASUS website (from ASUS G60JX section)... but when i try to install this package it throws me an error and it says that cannot find a creative sound card.

1) why ASUS put a driver package on his website which is not compatible with ASUS laptops?
2) where i can download EAX package that you told me?
3) EAX feature will not working if i have not installed EAX package?

Best regards,
Dan

same questions in here need answer because when i install EAX package from Asus website it is not compatible with the card :(

Brian@ASUS
11-29-2010, 09:31 PM
hey guys, first question is, did your system originally come with EAX pre installed? There could be several reasons to why it is not compatible. The EAX feature is a software package that we partnered up with creative on. it was only offered to the units that supported/bundled with EAX4.0 This means that the serial key is embedded in the codec and bios to confirm that EAX is pre bundled and supported on that notebook. otherwise anyone can just download the package and install it on their audio card for free. globally there many be some units that came with EAX and some that may not have. you should double check to see if your system originally came with EAX. If so, we have a different problem on our hands.

jtexz
11-30-2010, 02:14 AM
Same problem with me. i just got my refurbish G60jx.
i DONT CARE WHATS inside Creative or Realtek soundcard.
my concern is how to make the sound better.
my cellphone has better audio than this laptop.

Zanetti
11-30-2010, 12:50 PM
yes, my system come with win 7 preinstalled and obviously wiht EAX package,right?
but i have installed my own win 7 professional... so, in this situattion, how can i install EAX package?

i mention that i have upgraded BIOS to the latest version. is this affecting somehow serial key for EAX package?

Brian@ASUS
11-30-2010, 05:51 PM
well you need to first check if your system even came with or supported EAX. like i said some models came with it, some models didnt. the EAX serial key is embedded in the bios and the codec on the hardware level, so if your g60 did not originally come with EAX, it will not support it.

now if it did come with it, and you updated your bios, i dont think it should affect it, because as long as the codec recognizes it, it should work.

Brian@ASUS
11-30-2010, 05:52 PM
whats the model number on your unit?

James Cheek
11-30-2010, 09:03 PM
theres a big sticker that says EAX advanced HD on the laptop. that aside I Uninstalled the creative software to try to clear up some issues on steam. . It didnt help so I tried to reinstall no luck. I tried a system restore, still did not find any creative programs exept volume panel which will not load. lastly I went to the ASUS website and dwnloaded the drivers for my laptop but got an error message saying there is no supported hardware.it worked fine until I uninstalled it (obviously) but now I cannot reinstall. My laptop is an ASUS g60jx best buy model i5 gts360m.
also now certain games and dvds require much fiddleing with before I can get any sound, Thank you!

James Cheek
11-30-2010, 09:43 PM
reinstalleverything i could but no EAX or cmss. strange, do i need these. Sorry I dont mean to threadjack here.

James Cheek
12-03-2010, 02:15 AM
ok i guess there is a reason this site is a freakin ghost town. thanx

locorogue
12-06-2010, 06:34 PM
ok i guess there is a reason this site is a freakin ghost town. thanx

I have the exact laptop as you, and was having the same issues...not anymore

-Try this...download the Realtek Audio Driver from the ASUS site...

*Bonus(to me), the missing Realtek Equalizer (now "non-supported"), follow these instructions: www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/get-the-realtek-equalizer-back-in-windows-7-vista/

**worked for me

V2-V3
12-07-2010, 05:30 AM
reinstalleverything i could but no EAX or cmss. strange, do i need these. Sorry I dont mean to threadjack here.

I will request for this to be looked into by R&D, I will also try to recreate this issue if i can get my hands on a G60

Mason@ASUS
12-10-2010, 03:25 AM
Hopefully this will help a lot of you having the issue regarding "no supported hardware" error when trying to install the Creative package with EAX. A lot of people make the mistake of not installing the Realtek audio driver for the laptop after doing a clean install of Win7. Unlike WinXP, after you complete an install of Win7, you will automatically have the High Definition Auto default driver and you should be able to get basic sound. However, this does not mean that your Realtek audio drivers are installed. So, before installing the Creative Audigy drivers you want to make sure that you properly installed the Realtek Audio drivers.

Also, you should download the Realtek Audio drivers from our support site rather than getting them directly from Realtek.

Once the Realtek Audio drivers are installed, you should then be able to install the Creative Audigy drivers also from our support site and be able to use EAX.

http://support.asus.com/download

kyoshi
12-14-2010, 11:07 AM
Hopefully this will help a lot of you having the issue regarding "no supported hardware" error when trying to install the Creative package with EAX. A lot of people make the mistake of not installing the Realtek audio driver for the laptop after doing a clean install of Win7. Unlike WinXP, after you complete an install of Win7, you will automatically have the High Definition Auto default driver and you should be able to get basic sound. However, this does not mean that your Realtek audio drivers are installed. So, before installing the Creative Audigy drivers you want to make sure that you properly installed the Realtek Audio drivers.

Also, you should download the Realtek Audio drivers from our support site rather than getting them directly from Realtek.

Once the Realtek Audio drivers are installed, you should then be able to install the Creative Audigy drivers also from our support site and be able to use EAX.

http://support.asus.com/download

it doesnt works :(

James Cheek
12-15-2010, 02:11 AM
Ok im abit confused here. I never uninstalled any Realtek stuff . i have the Realtek HD audio Manager. its the creative stuff thats gone and wont reinstall . namely the EAX 4.0 Advanced HD and the CMSS wont reinstall it says hardware not supported when i try. is the eax4.0 and cmss installed with the realtek drivers from asus's site ??

James Cheek
12-15-2010, 02:55 AM
Installed the latest Realtek drivers from the link. Did some searching and found out it is a problem on Asus laptops. When i pull up the Creative Audio Center there is a speaker icon and a mixer icon but no EAX or CMSS 3d sound Icon. Someone on another site installed creative X-FI and got the EAX and 3D sound back but it is $30 or a 30 day free trial. All I want is to reinstall the Cmss and EAX4.0 for gaming. thanks all

James Cheek
12-20-2010, 03:54 PM
uninstalled everything reinstalled everything from the asus site and i still get an error message saying that setup could not detect a supported product

Brian@ASUS
12-27-2010, 10:04 PM
james im looking at the download support site, you installed both realtek and the audigy driver? or one?

James Cheek
01-11-2011, 01:05 AM
audigy will not install correctly. i click on the setup file after unzipping and i get an error message saying
" setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system. setup will now exit. "

vl.shevchuk
01-11-2011, 01:14 AM
The same problem.
I've bought refurbished Asus G60Jx-RBBX05 (Intel Core i5-430M, nVidia GTS 360M, 4Gb RAM, 500Gb HDD 7200RPM). The clearence item, it wasn't in use at all.
There is a sticker of EAX Advanced HD 4.0 on the laptop and working EAX software in the preinstalled Windows 7 HP 64bit.
When I put my own HDD inside laptop and installed 32-bit Windows 7, EAX software from asus site (from G60Jx section) is unable to be installed because installer can't find any compatible hardware. Realtek High Definition Audio driver from official site of Asus was already installed (after installation of Graphic driver package which also contains some audio driver - for nVidia audio device), all other drivers available from G60Jx section of Asus site were already installed too. I was able to hear that the quality of sound playback has already changed to better which means that audio driver installation was successful.
So I definitely know that EAX advanced HD 4.0 is prebundled and supported on my laptop. Where the problem is?

dylan
03-02-2011, 12:30 AM
hey i know this is pretty late but i have same problem i got an asus g60jx a while ago and i finally realized that there was no EAX or CMSS. I did some reaserch and then finally went to the creative software website to see if i could download it from there instead. Thats were i saw this: http://www.creative.com/oem/partner/asus_g60j51j.asp as you can see sadly it only says that the g60j and g51j support the EAX 4.0 which means asus kinda rip us off that way. Unless that page is old the G60jx doesnt support EAX 4.0

James Cheek
03-03-2011, 08:32 PM
you mean the big sticker that says eax 4.o on the laptop means that its NOT supported, well that explains alot . thanks asus.
But really its very obnoxious and i would like some sort of support from asus support

massacre0
04-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Its supported. Im looking at ASUS audio center right now on my G60JX-RBBX05. You need factory restore disks.

vl.shevchuk
05-15-2011, 08:33 PM
If EAX 4.0 works only in factory preinstalled system, it means for me that it really doesn't work at all. Mere advertisement and nothing more. The same advertisement is their declared sound quality from Altec Lansing speakers. In fact its sound was like from cheap cellphone speaker until it finally died away because of headphone jack stacking on, so for now the sound is available only from headphones.
If laptop is mine it means that I can install any system which I want to install in it. From experience of administrating computers and fixing computer problems I know that the preinstalled system is the worst system for the laptop that can be. So the first what people in our country do after purchasing a laptop is total wipe-out of all the hard drive and clean installation of another operating system they want to install there (in most cases it's Windows XP).
While I used the preinstalled system for several days, it had eaten about 10% of laptop's battery life (Windows 7 often destroys the laptop batteries). So Windows 7 had finally pissed me off and I installed normal Windows XP that works noticeably faster and eats less system resources. XP is better for my laptop and it's battery.
Games run faster in XP than in Win7. Window 7 needs third-party software from Creative to partially enable 3D-sound in games. In the same time XP naturally supports Direct3D Sound and EAX without any supplementary Creative software enabling the better sound quality than Windows 7 can give.

puski
06-09-2011, 08:44 PM
I found this site because, i had problems with my g51j-3d (g60, the same thing) sound...
I solved the problem, and maybe some of you will be able to get it working this way :)

Install the asus(!) realtek driver, and then when the creative package is extracted run the setup from the audio folder instead of the main folder.

It worked for me on win7 ultimate x64, regained sound quality and the stereo channels on the headphone (before it was closer to mono :mad:), and the asus/creative audio center :cool:, so the sticker isn't there just for commercial reasons...
Only 1 problem remaining: if I try changing the "enable bass boost" or adjusting the slider the applicasion crashes. I suppose it's not really fixable by asus, it looks more like a creative/ x64 os issue to me.

Also, did anyone try to install on a licenced win7? because the crack/activation for win7 (aka loader) shadows the bios to trick the os, maybe the creative setup program doesn't like that...

vl.shevchuk
08-27-2011, 08:20 PM
This advise seems to work at first glance but in fact it doesn't at all. You really can install the Creative bundle to self-installed Win7 ultimate in such proposed way so you can use Creative Volume Panel and some surround effects. But such installation doesn't allow you to launch Creative alchemy - the program that in some extent enables the 3D-sound in games (not as much as you can have through Direct Sound 3D in Win XP). When you try to launch Creative alchemy it reports that there is no appropriate audio device in you computer. So why I use the original Win7 HP x64 from time to time (for experiments only, after removing of the most bundled software) and Windows XP for work and games (as main operation system, it works perfect and quite faster than huge Windows 7). XP enables me to delight in true 3D sound and EAX effects.
3D Mark 06 shows me the difference in speed between Win7 and XP. 10145 in Win7 vs. 10445 in XP for 1366x768 and 10936 in Win7 vs. 11298 in XP for 1024x768. The overclock prophile which is made in Win7 remains untouched in XP until the switching to battery mode, so you need to boot to Win7 for several minutes in order to overclock again.