PDA

View Full Version : Looking to upgrade my ASUS G750JW-T4022H

Dallovich
02-17-2016, 07:38 AM
So I am looking to upgrade my 2 year old ASUS G750JW, first of all increasing the amount of memory and also installing a SSD.

I have already had it opened and seen that it has an open slot for a stick of RAM and there is also an open slot for a HD.

Now my question is, how do I make sure that the hardware that I buy is actually compatible with my laptop? I've noticed the sticky on this forum that says I have to make sure that my RAM runs on 1.35v, but how do I make sure that the memory that I buy actually runs this? And how can I know that a given SSD will fit into my machine.

I am really at a loss for what technical specifications to look for when it comes to laptop components.

Liger
02-18-2016, 07:36 PM
Most if not all SSD's are the same size as an HDD so you shouldn't have too much issues there.

When searching for memory you want to make sure it is classed or labelled as DDR3L, make sure to check the specification of the memory and it should show 1.35v.

If you plan to keep the original memory and add to it you want to buy the exact same as what you already have to prevent issues (in all honesty I have mixed and matched before with no problem).

If you are planning to remove the original memory and replace it completely then just make sure you search for DDR3L.

Amenophis
06-06-2016, 07:58 AM
Be wide smiles. Does an SSD drive really make that much difference between that and a regular high speed 7200 rpm? Seriously?