PDA

View Full Version : Asus Gaming Laptop G60JX Blue Screen

PaulCross
02-17-2016, 03:45 PM
I am so glad i found you guys! People told me that the experts are in this forum!

I have a :
ASUS Laptop G60JX
Window 7 home premium
Nvida GeForce GTS 360m

Every time i get on the internet for a few minutes, my computer goes to a Blue Screen and gives this message:

NVLDDMKM.sys
0x00000116

and then it restarts the computer and when i get on the internet again, it does it again.
Is my graphics card bad? i updated driver from Nvida, but it didnt affect it, so I reset my whole computer
back to factory settings and it does the same thing.
Need help please!

Paul

C4RN1
02-17-2016, 05:53 PM
I would bet it's probably a bad graphics card, but try the old driver first.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/VGA/VGA_nVidia_Win7_64_816118766.zip

I read in reviews that this particular card is very picky when it comes to updates. It's best to try a known good driver to eliminate some factors.

If you look back at the older g-series that had the gtx 260m you would find similar issues. These laptops ran hot due to a poor thermal design. Prolonged high temperatures result in damage.

You can either try to replace the card (it might not be worth it considering the age of the G60 series). You can also upgrade to a more recent computer (g53/g73/74) for a reasonable price.

Pandur
02-17-2016, 09:51 PM
If the older driver doesn't help, I agree that it's probably a dying graphics card.

PaulCross
02-19-2016, 01:32 AM
How do i install this older driver? Just delete the one on it and install this?
And if that dont work, how hard is it to install a new graphics card? Are there a instructions video
out there>

Thanks guys for all your help

paul

C4RN1
02-19-2016, 04:24 AM
Yes, just remove everything Nvidia related under display adapters. It's pretty easy to replace the video card, it depends on how the computer comes apart. The older g-series G51vx and G71gx had the same GTX 260M but the G71 you had to completely disassemble to get the video card out.

You also want to consider the price of the card and finding one that is confirmed to be working. With all the time and money you are going to put into the repair it might be a better idea to upgrade. Either way we'll be around if you have questions.

Pandur
02-19-2016, 11:48 AM
If you want to make sure you get properly rid of the current graphics driver before installing the older one, try Display Driver Uninstaller. Download it from here (http://www.wagnardmobile.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=183) and follow the instructions. That link is to the latest version.