PDA

View Full Version : G752, System and Compressed Memory task constantly at 18%

spollack
02-23-2016, 06:22 PM
My System is always running at 20% even when idle.
System and compressed memory task is stuck at 18%.
Does anyone know how to resolve this?
Opening details on it doesn't provide any more info. It shows it's "System and compressed memory".

I don't know if it has always been this way or it's a result of installing software. I'd love to get that % down.

Any ideas? I read someone else with a Fujitsu saying it was due to a bad driver on their SSD and when they installed a different one it solve their issues. Not sure it's related.

Thanks!
S

karl6774
02-24-2016, 01:04 PM
install hitmanpro alert 3.1.1 and do make a scan I solved so

pigulici
02-24-2016, 03:06 PM
Same problem here, 16-20% cpu all the time, on asus rog g752vy, all drivers from asus website and fresh win10 install(2 week old)...

pigulici
02-28-2016, 07:22 AM
I managed to stop that behaviour, go to task manager : control panel > task scheduler > microsof>windows>memory>RunFullMemoryDiagnostic disabled

Asus_MB
05-23-2016, 09:44 PM
Thank you. But this has not solved the problem for me.

Ancients
05-24-2016, 03:06 AM
That has happened to me as well. The one thing I found that ended up actually helping me (On the G752VT) was switching the BIOS version I was using.

I followed every guide I could online, and none of them mentioned this. But it is what ended up helping me.

Asus_MB
05-24-2016, 05:27 AM
Ok, thank you for your answer. I have read that to. But I need the 2013 bios because I want to have the option for AHCI in stead of Raid. The older ones do not have that option. I also tried every possibly solution on the forums.

Anybody?

That has happened to me as well. The one thing I found that ended up actually helping me (On the G752VT) was switching the BIOS version I was using.

I followed every guide I could online, and none of them mentioned this. But it is what ended up helping me.

JustinThyme
05-24-2016, 01:42 PM
Go here and get the latest IRST drivers. 14.10.0.1016 is out. Bet your OS is still on 14.6 or older and your bios is on 14.8. You need to have either both matched or the OS newer. This happens 100% of the time on the so called "Clean installs" of windows. Id like to know if anyone has actually done a "clean install" wothout "dirtying up" their machine? My performance benchmark challenge still stands. My factory image with a 5 minute minimal bloatware uninstall and regular updates against your "Clean Install". Guarantee either the performance difference is negligible or you lose.

http://www.win-raid.com/t2f23-Intel-RST-RSTe-Drivers-newest-v-WHQL-v-WHQL.html

Asus_MB
05-24-2016, 03:08 PM
Thanks, but no luck. Now I use: 14.10.0.1016 as you said......problem is still there. I have used a clean install. Setup from the windows 10 dvd. latests Asus Drivers from their website, all windows updates, and now with you're advise Intel Rapid Storage 14.10.0.1016 driver. The problem still there. I use Bios 213 on My G752VY ROG laptop. The cpu is on 19 % load all the time.

Help..Thanks guys.

nemerdekel
05-25-2016, 05:30 AM
I once read about a guy who got it fixed by updating the Wi-Fi driver, give it a try, try to find the latest one on the Intel website.

Asus_MB
05-25-2016, 05:39 AM
Thank you. Yesterday I installed several Windows versions, so multiple builds and I have twice resolved after I had turned off the laptop, its power taken off and had again put on ..... and then it remained in that session away. (bad english).

By the way I updated my Intel Wifi driver......hmm.........I am gonna test that one. Thanks anyway. I think it is Bios related. If I install a clean Windows version with the latest Intel Rapid Storage drivers or without them........it also goes wrong. So a clean Windows install with nothing is getting this problem......thats weird (I get it if it has to do with Intel Rapid Storage drivers, but I tested thatone)? In the 213 Bios the Intel Rapid driver version is: 14.8.0.2377.

Anyone? Thanks!

Gustave
05-25-2016, 07:08 AM
I came across this page (http://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-high-ram-cpu-memory-usage-after-windows-10-update.html), maybe it gives insight/help in sorting out high CPU loads.

JustinThyme
05-27-2016, 12:17 AM
Did you try the factory image?

Asus_MB
05-27-2016, 10:01 PM
Did you try the factory image?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I switched the SSD drive..............I now have a 1TB Samsung EVO drive (Sata 6) in stead of the Nvme samsung mzvpv512hdgl...................not a problem at the moment en the laptops is really fast with the sata6 ssd as well!

I am done with it..........8 days and 31 windows installs further ( I am not over reacting)................................Everythin g works fine now. It is a combinatione I cannot fix at the moment. Maybe after e new bios upgrade............I really don't know what the problem is.....

Thanks everybody......!

JustinThyme
05-28-2016, 11:17 AM
One more reason not to do a "clean Install" that "dirties" your machine. Totally not necessary,
SATA 6? or are you talking about SATA III 6GB/s? Any SATA SSD doesnt hold a candle to the m2 NVME, not even close. The M2 NVMe drive is at least 5 times faster than any SATA III.

nemerdekel
05-28-2016, 02:19 PM
I have a clean install and I did not see a problem like that. (in my country we can get the machines without OS so it's cheaper)

Asus_MB
05-28-2016, 10:26 PM
One more reason not to do a "clean Install" that "dirties" your machine. Totally not necessary,
SATA 6? or are you talking about SATA III 6GB/s? Any SATA SSD doesnt hold a candle to the m2 NVME, not even close. The M2 NVMe drive is at least 5 times faster than any SATA III.
--------------------

Yes in theory. That's right. But the EVO 850 boots faster than the Samsung NVME. I can not tell the difference.
Sata 3 it is indeed.

Asus_MB
05-28-2016, 10:27 PM
I try it again after a bios upgrade.

I have a clean install and I did not see a problem like that. (in my country we can get the machines without OS so it's cheaper)