PDA

View Full Version : Memory card in reader freezes windows restart G751JT

chrisokelley89
02-25-2016, 12:06 AM
Im on windows 10 with all the new software/drivers from the asus website. If i *restart* my laptop with a memory card in the reader it sits on the little swirly loading windows screen. To clarify more i can sleep and wake just fine. I can also shutdown, and power back on just fine. Anyone else seeing this?

Gps3dx
02-25-2016, 12:39 AM
Im on windows 10 with all the new software/drivers from the asus website. If i *restart* my laptop with a memory card in the reader it sits on the little swirly loading windows screen. To clarify more i can sleep and wake just fine. I can also shutdown, and power back on just fine. Anyone else seeing this?

Welcome to the forum.
Usually one can found the answer for "WTF" in the FAQ.
The manual is one of these places where FAQ are answered.
Please read your manual page 79-80 (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/G751JY/0409_E9959_A.pdf), and notice that in the bios, you can order and choose the boot order of the many drives you got on the laptop.
in your case, the USB is the 1st priority, thus change it to the HDD/SSD where the OS boot partition is found (named Windows Boot Manger ) should solve your problem.

JustinThyme
02-25-2016, 01:02 AM
What's on the card and is it being indexed.

chrisokelley89
03-05-2016, 04:53 AM

Thanks for the input, thought of that though, and my HDD is the only boot option i have.

chrisokelley89
03-05-2016, 04:54 AM
What's on the card and is it being indexed.

the card is what i use for my Go Pro, but it seems to happen with any card in the slot.