PDA

View Full Version : G752 - Questions on Laptop Vents and air inlet

Wemser
02-25-2016, 08:34 PM
Unfortunately there seems no manual available on the G752 (except for that one pager).
So I have two questions on the vents and their air inlet:

1. Air Inlet
I can see the air outlet at the backside. But I can't see the inlets. I am curios: Where ist the intake?
All other laptops have their intakes beneath, but the G752 has the vents covered by a strip of transparent plexiglass.
So how does the air get in?

2. Dust cleaning
The special dust outlet promises that vent cleaning will be a task rarely to do. Yet, if necessary, i really do not want to disassemble the whole laptop. So my method of choice would be blocking the van and cleaning it with compressed air and a vacuum cleaner.
For the purpose of cleaning the vents, is it possible to lift off the strip of plexiglass at the buttom easily without danger of breaking it?

MrRuckus
02-26-2016, 01:23 AM
Unfortunately there seems no manual available on the G752 (except for that one pager).
So I have two questions on the vents and their air inlet:

1. Air Inlet
I can see the air outlet at the backside. But I can't see the inlets. I am curios: Where ist the intake?
All other laptops have their intakes beneath, but the G752 has the vents covered by a strip of transparent plexiglass.
So how does the air get in?

2. Dust cleaning
The special dust outlet promises that vent cleaning will be a task rarely to do. Yet, if necessary, i really do not want to disassemble the whole laptop. So my method of choice would be blocking the van and cleaning it with compressed air and a vacuum cleaner.
For the purpose of cleaning the vents, is it possible to lift off the strip of plexiglass at the buttom easily without danger of breaking it?

Air Inlet - behind the screen I believe at the bottom. Thats where the speakers are and I believe air can get in there. I rarely use the onboard sound, but dust has slightly built up in a square on that grill back there. Does that Grill have a filter? Almost looks like it does. I dont know. Havent looked at it that close.

Dust cleaning - I second this. Im beginning to think the plexi on the bottom is just there to SEE if there is dust in there. I havent been brave enough to take it off either without the risk of breaking one of those feet/clips holding it on there. If it is supposed to be removable, they haven't made it easy or explained how to.

Julskey
02-26-2016, 03:31 AM
Air inlet, I think, are on the access cover at the back. I've yet to clean dust on my G752, but on my old G74sx, I would remove battery and back cover and cdrom drive and blow compressed air from inside the upgrade area/and battery slot through the rear vents.

MrRuckus
02-27-2016, 12:31 AM
I also blew compressed air through the back on my old G750. Im just wondering what the function is of the dark plexi back piece? Is it only cosmetic?